Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Aunt Tildy is a big fan of WWE's current cuckold storylines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Green Intern posted:

Say what you will about how she's drawn, but I would absolutely watch wrasslin with Aunt Tildy.

She's Carol Channing and no one can convince me otherwise.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Pastry of the Year posted:

She's Carol Channing and no one can convince me otherwise.

Just did a refresher image search, and I think you've nailed it.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Haifisch posted:

Moomin said trans rights.

I will go to the ends of the earth for a trans rights Moomin av. I'll do whatever it takes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

God, what a lazy rear end in a top hat, wanting to do this task on a weekend when Ed wouldn't be at work and as such could do it when the sun's actually out.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Archyduchess posted:

I will go to the ends of the earth for a trans rights Moomin av. I'll do whatever it takes.

You're a mod now, you can do that.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Oh, hey, Phantom, you can just set your console's clock ahead a few weeks and skip this whole boss. It's pretty cool.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

:3: such a good friend.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Riiiiight, because Les totally felt guilty when he took time off to do his book tours, or that time he got an all-expenses paid trip to watch the production of Cancerwife's movie. :jerkbag:

Ugh, her face in panel 2 is just pure :gonk:.

The costume looks stupid, but my main problem with it is the lack of other colors. At least add some black or blue so she doesn't look like a giant piss-yellow blob.

Thanks for introducing me to Nekonaughey, Ghostlight. It's always a bright spot in my day. :3:

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Mar. 6, 1937)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Retail

Get Fuzzy 1/7/00

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 8/19/53

They'll Do It Every Time 7/26/46

Mopsy 8/5/42

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Mar. 6, 1937)

These are such a treat to see! Thanks for posting them.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Yeah! The Hal Foster strips are always spoken of in such reverent tones but I never got around to reading them, so this has been great.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Archyduchess posted:

Yeah! The Hal Foster strips are always spoken of in such reverent tones but I never got around to reading them, so this has been great.

Of course for the full effect you'd have to read them in 20"x14" newsprint.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

CommonShore posted:

So one of those egg council creeps got to you too, huh?

As a matter of fact...

(The egg board was wrong to do it, but I should note the company behind the "Just" products, and a lot of the new plant-based food industry, are absolutely monstrous fuckers)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Haifisch posted:

Moomin said trans rights.

Tove was a good kid. She used to draw art for the monthly Garm culture magazine in 1930-50's and here's a few covers and illustrations.

This is after the war, when Nazis and Quislings are going through a Metamorphosis machine.

ah, but notice the dark Moomin going up the stairs, and the angelic Moomin on the other side?? IS THIS WHAT MOOMIN PAPPA DID DURING THE GREAT WAR??? :gonk:

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

TofuDiva posted:

These are such a treat to see! Thanks for posting them.

Archyduchess posted:

You're welcome! Sorry it's just three days a week, but I'm lazy. Originally you'd have had to wait a week between strips, of course.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Of course for the full effect you'd have to read them in 20"x14" newsprint.

Absolutely. I'll use this to remind everyone that Fantagraphics publishes lovely oversized collections and you should buy them all.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Hal Foster Prince Valiant got posted for a while in a previous thread, but unfortunately the poster ran out of sources partway through and had to drop it. I'm glad to see it back! Can't wait to see Etrigan show up again, that was a treat to see.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set only gets one more question.

Working Daze has a Holbrookian view of technology.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix needs to read the room.

Cul De Sac is running out of time!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Medenmath posted:

You're welcome! Sorry it's just three days a week, but I'm lazy. Originally you'd have had to wait a week between strips, of course.

Absolutely. I'll use this to remind everyone that Fantagraphics publishes lovely oversized collections and you should buy them all.

Which I'd love to but absolutely cannot justify spending $800 on.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

catlord posted:

Hal Foster Prince Valiant got posted for a while in a previous thread, but unfortunately the poster ran out of sources partway through and had to drop it. I'm glad to see it back! Can't wait to see Etrigan show up again, that was a treat to see.

I had to check out. Classic Valiant was posted by GorfZaplen from November 2013 to February 2015 and we reached January 1945.

It's a great comic and deserves to get reposted.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 9, 2020

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 15, 1998)

It's the 90's. He might have After Dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSizCdfQO3Q

Ed, you weren't planning to take down Christmas lights on a Wednesday evening either, you shithead.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm WHAT THE gently caress IS RIDDLER DOING IN THE JUSTICE LEAGUE???

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Frazz

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens

Hey I thought merpeople were from Mars!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Out of all the dumb and terrible things in Kevin and Kell, what irks me the most is the weird underbite on rabbit-turned-rat.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Kennel posted:

I had to check out. Classic Valiant was posted by GorfZaplen from November 2013 to February 2015 and we reached January 1945.

It's a great comic and deserves to get reposted.
I'm gonna level with everyone straight off the bat, I will repeat all the jokes I made about how Valiant constantly calls things gay, because six years later I'm somehow still twelve. I may even come up with new ones.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
The Perishers (1983)

Beau Peep (1986)

(By virtue of the fact that I now keep the collections in the same place I have a working scanner, I'm going to try to be more consistent about posting these this year).

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am offended. Offended by how loving stupid Holbrook is.

Family CIrcus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

So does Luann mean "possesive" here, or is Bets spinning her head 360 degrees and vomiting pea soup?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure if they're hating her because she's dangerously ethnic, because she is not acting like a good submissive housewife shoud, or because she is potentially stopping Luann pashing with the "friend" she constantly belittles and doesn't want a relationship with.

Whichever it is, it's a loving bad look for both of those characters.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 16, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 16, 1998)

Garfield Classic (June 16, 1988)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

God, I love A&J :allears:

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Fort Knox

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I realize nothing in that strip works the way it's presented but I'd love to know why pheromones turn rats into rabbits and skunks into also rabbits

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

*pounds table*
PREGNANCY
PREGNANCY
PREGNANCY

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Normally I imagine Rex having a deep manly bass voice, but today I read it as sassy and effeminate and it works well.

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Geez Tommie got a shorter skirt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Karma Tornado posted:

I realize nothing in that strip works the way it's presented but I'd love to know why pheromones turn rats into rabbits and skunks into also rabbits

I think it's a visual shorthand for the viewer and rabbits will be fooled entirely by the smell because they have notoriously bad vision