Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Galick posted:

Been hankering for a good podcast, anyone got a good D&D game I could put on?

If you're into goofy ones Bombarded is good. Actual band all playing multi class bards and they do an original song relevant to each episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It isn't DND, but if you're open to a one-shot tabletop podcast episode, The Dadlands episode of The Adventure Zone is probably the funniest thing I heard all year.

The other Adventure Zone stuff has been pretty bad so don't think this is a general indicator of their quality.

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.

Galick posted:

What are you looking for? Games and actual play podcasts have a huge range in tone, humor, heavy or light mechanics, more character focused or more fight focused. And are you only interested in D&D or are you open to other TTRPGs?

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

DentD posted:

What are you looking for? Games and actual play podcasts have a huge range in tone, humor, heavy or light mechanics, more character focused or more fight focused. And are you only interested in D&D or are you open to other TTRPGs?

Probably more character dynamic focused, I get enough fighty crunch from my own games. Other TTRPGs are all welcome!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Galick posted:

Probably more character dynamic focused, I get enough fighty crunch from my own games. Other TTRPGs are all welcome!

Then I'll recommend eldritch horror based Orpheus Protocol. Secret paramilitary non-governmental organization dedicated to dealing with Cults, magic and otherwordly threats. The first arc serves as kind of a prologue for the rest of the campaign after that you get a very long story with lots of character growth and development.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
If you are looking for a more humorous one I would recommend the oxventure videos from the outsidexbox and outsideextra YouTube channels. They are technically videos, but you can easily just listen to them since the video is just of the people playing. They aren't the most strict with the rules and are very much a "rule of cool" group, but I really enjoy the videos and they have had some hilarious adventures.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoid6oOAGqMcZ3YWFqABFXbx9l5edm6XK

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Happy new year, let's play subforum! time for my special let's play of "go to bed at a reasonable time this year"

Here we go:

Desroubins
Jul 1, 2016
I'd like to reup the request for Pathologic 2, if I'm allowed to.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Galick posted:

You might find this Trad Games subforum thread helpful:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743698

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I'd like to request that someone consider doing LPs of the Ray Dunakin point-and-click games. I honestly have no idea how well they've aged, but I remember enjoying them as a kid. They're classic Shadowgate-style point-and-click games with a basic text parser, where you wander around a bunch of weird environments and interact with strange characters.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Galick posted:

I recently discovered Rollout. Xavier Woods/Austin Creed is a WWE wrestler who has a gaming channel that includes tons of other wrestlers to join him in playing games and shooting the poo poo, and there's a series on there called Rollout where a bunch of them play D&D together.

It's video, but you can totally listen to it as a podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqV7EcKaKaH7gIWc1T9vXl4TC6CFnVE-h

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm looking for solid LPs of the PSX Clock Tower games, showing all the endings and stuff. I'd like a more chill style, since I have LPs going while I'm playing games.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
all the clock tower you could possibly desire

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
*Hans Moleman voice* Give me all the Clock Tower you have.

No, that's too much Clock Tower.

jk, thank you so much.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't the one requesting them, but that's some good Clocktowering so thanks from me as well!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Hell yeah, thanks. Will watch when I finish this loooong lp of Pathologic 1.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Disco Elysium
PC
SSLP prefered (video barely tolerated but hey I'm lazy and I'm not making it, so I can't really be that bossy can I?)

I mean, I just assume someone is planning to let's play this. It's basically the best let's play bait I've seen in about a decade. I checked the OP though and it wasn't listed.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

namad posted:

Disco Elysium
PC
SSLP prefered (video barely tolerated but hey I'm lazy and I'm not making it, so I can't really be that bossy can I?)

I mean, I just assume someone is planning to let's play this. It's basically the best let's play bait I've seen in about a decade. I checked the OP though and it wasn't listed.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905516

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

namad posted:

Disco Elysium
PC

yeah someone should get on that

e: ARGH YOU RUINED MY BIT

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Could I see an LP of Atelier Marie? It's a PSX game from 1997 that has a fan translation and I can't find an LP or longplay of it in english on youtube. I'd like to see where the atelier games came from!

e: To clarify a screenshot LP or a video LP or both are great with me

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Could I see an LP of Atelier Marie? It's a PSX game from 1997 that has a fan translation and I can't find an LP or longplay of it in english on youtube. I'd like to see where the atelier games came from!

e: To clarify a screenshot LP or a video LP or both are great with me

If it's allowed, I'd actually like to second this. It's hard to find any LPs of the early games, and those are the ones I've found myself more interested in regarding the series. I don't have a enough of time to set aside to play it myself, and I'd really like to see more of the beginnings of the series.

I've no preference for screenshot or video either.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Arist posted:

yeah someone should get on that

e: ARGH YOU RUINED MY BIT
poo poo! Sorry. :smith:

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

The Flying Twybil posted:

If it's allowed, I'd actually like to second this. It's hard to find any LPs of the early games, and those are the ones I've found myself more interested in regarding the series. I don't have a enough of time to set aside to play it myself, and I'd really like to see more of the beginnings of the series.

I've no preference for screenshot or video either.

3rding. I would say Hybrid might be good too. SS with videos for fun stuff like crafting\boss fights might be cool.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
there was an aborted attempt at redneck rampage on these forums that was really funny but the channel it was on is now gone. does anyone remember it?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

there was an aborted attempt at redneck rampage on these forums that was really funny but the channel it was on is now gone. does anyone remember it?

Skippy Granola? He deleted his channel this week due to not wanting to deal with copyright trolls and Youtube's useless system.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'd like to put up a request for someone to play the Gihren's Greed/Ambition games, probably the ones that can be played on the PSP.

They're untranslated and thus a bit hard to play but they're pretty neat as they're in the original Gundam UC timeline.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Nidoking posted:

Skippy Granola? He deleted his channel this week due to not wanting to deal with copyright trolls and Youtube's useless system.

oh man, he was funny

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Nidoking posted:

I haven't seen an alert for him streaming in forever. Has he called it quits?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Nidoking posted:

He tweeted about it a couple of days ago: https://twitter.com/skippygranola/status/1215082009237716993

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

good news: someone has backed up a lot of it:

https://twitter.com/skippygranola/status/1215095409300738048

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug
Late, but two good actual play podcasts: Dames and dragons (d&d) and critical bits (not d&d)

namad
Nov 7, 2013

Ah, no one added it to https://lparchive.org/lpmaster
So I'll add it myself now.

DevilsLeftHandMan
Feb 6, 2019
Gonna ask for a reup on Shanghai EXE: Genso Network - The game's been updated since I requested it for the first time, too (Download link - https://github.com/SHNecro/ShanghaiJAR/releases/download/0503e4/ShanghaiJAR_0503e4_4.zip - in case one doesn't want to do Google-fu).

Format? I think it'd work well using the hybrid format that the LPs for the official games by Epee Em, Miss Echelon, Giver336, and GeneralYeti did - videos for bosses and screenshot for everything else, but I'm not enforcing it. Use whatever format you'd like.

Personally, I don't think that you need extensive knowledge of Touhou or Battle Network to enjoy the game's story or references. Yeah, sure, there's probably some references that will fly over one's head, but nothing that'll make you get lost on the plot. I really enjoyed the game (though I never finished it because I can't focus on things) and I think it'd be great to let other people know about it.

TL;DR Good Battle Network fangame with a Touhou coat of paint.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Albion
PC
SSLP/Hybrid?

As a text-heavy game with turn-based combat it wouldn't make much sense as a video LP. I know there was one attempted I think a year or two ago, but it died relatively quickly. This was a drat shame since it was off to a pretty good start.

Gunman Chronicles
PC
Video

I'm not sure what it is about Halflife Yellow, but while every other Halflife game has multiple streams, LP's and fans, no one ever even mentions this one, not even as a comedy thing. I mean, it had dinosaurs! It had vehicle sections! It didn't completely suck rear end!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I like watching trainwrecks. Pokecapn’s Sonic 2k6 is still one of my all time faves and I miss the posse something fierce.

So that said, any good Mass Effect Andromeda LPs? I know there’s one going on at the moment but it seems to be a narrative RP of sorts and like the LPer doesn’t think the game is hot garbage so not sure it’s up my alley.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Andromeda really isn't the sort of trainwreck you're talking about. About the worst I've heard from anyone who actually played it for any length of time, especially after patches, is that it was sort of boring and aimless. You might be able to find someone who's willing to insist it's hot garbage as they play it, but they'd really have to reach to find stuff to mock in any sort of entertaining way, I think. It's certainly no Ride to Hell or Limbo of the Lost or Sonic 2K6 or YIIK.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

malkav11 posted:

Andromeda really isn't the sort of trainwreck you're talking about. About the worst I've heard from anyone who actually played it for any length of time, especially after patches, is that it was sort of boring and aimless. You might be able to find someone who's willing to insist it's hot garbage as they play it, but they'd really have to reach to find stuff to mock in any sort of entertaining way, I think. It's certainly no Ride to Hell or Limbo of the Lost or Sonic 2K6 or YIIK.

^^^ This.

I played it, beat it, and came close to enjoying it, and it's just an "eh" game overall. The internet hate hype around it was vastly overblown and came from people who never actually played the drat thing just sharing the same five memes about wonky pre-patch animations and Addison's hosed up face fueled by all the lingering ill will left over from ME3. It's got some really dumb game-breaking things in it like "if you die fighting the optional super bosses on each planet, it will recursively corrupt your save and cost you potentially hours of progress" but stuff like that isn't the flashy kind of bug worth showing off. Some of the side quests really overstay their welcome, especially in the late game, but yeah, ME:A is largely just aimless and hollow.

It's good fodder for a "what the hell went wrong with this game?" analysis LP in the vein of Matt McMuscles' What Happened? video on it. But it really isn't the kind of mock fodder people think it is. Probably still worth doing for the sake of doing it, but check your expectations, and all that.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

It does have some really dreadful areas of writing, though. Including at least one part where a trans character just casually drops their dead name like its no big deal.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

ShootaBoy posted:

It does have some really dreadful areas of writing, though. Including at least one part where a trans character just casually drops their dead name like its no big deal.
I think they may have actually patched that out after the uproar, but I'm not 100% certain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

SubponticatePoster posted:

I think they may have actually patched that out after the uproar, but I'm not 100% certain.
They did.