Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Judging by the fact they were 90% showing concept art, I don’t think this was removed content. It might be cut content because I definitely got the feeling SWSH was rushed as hell, but I don’t think it was deliberately removed to be sold for 30 bux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Isle of Armor better have some fully sick motorcycle Rapidash races

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Winklebottom posted:

that's a shellder phantom of the opera mask isn't it

can't believe slowpoke's acid melted its own face off

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hopeandjoy posted:

Honestly I’m really excited about infinite Apricorn balls.

I'm excited to meet Kurt's brother, Kort.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/Ultrashroomz/status/1215295561768882179

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Just caught my slowpoke and named him Ronald and he's my friend. Pure Psychic and level 12. He does know acid though, along with confusion and yawn. Will probably grind some levels to see if there's any other cool new moves.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

hopeandjoy posted:

Judging by the fact they were 90% showing concept art, I don’t think this was removed content. It might be cut content because I definitely got the feeling SWSH was rushed as hell, but I don’t think it was deliberately removed to be sold for 30 bux.

Yeah, this. It's also releasing the first part 8 months after base game's release, rather than Day-1 or anything scummy like that.

Hell, the only thing that's releasing "too quick" is that Galarian Slowpoke. And you can tell it's a rush job instead of "cut and sold as dlc" because that's the lamest regional ever. Just recolor bits of its texture and add three lines. Even Galarian Far'Fetch has more going for it than this "model we have to make and ship out in a few weeks".

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

hopeandjoy posted:

Nintendo has been pulling this poo poo for all of their first party Switch games, so I doubt it. They basically left their games unfinished and then finished them later instead of releasing base games that were finished from the get-go.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mixed feelings. Glad 200+ mons are being added back in but boy does it feel grimy to have them and old cut moves getting sold back to you as a highlight. That poo poo sucks.
Still don't know what Pokemon HOME is outside of 'it's just bank I guess'
Don't like [the legend hole] where they just poured a bucket full of legendary mons into a hole for you to grab. I'm happy to see Lugia again but it just feels :effort: if it's just going to be the post game round up again quality wise. New mythical looks like garbage.
It's overall just a 'okay I guess.'

I know it would of been 60 bucks but I kind of wish they were able to do a revamp 3rd version just because it would give them a chance to fix the story and beef up the main game to acceptable levels. I guess now that it's just DLC islands the OG Sw/Sh story will always be a complete disgrace with 10 second long hallways and routes and that's a genuine bummer.

E: Also no talk of improving online at all so yikes to that.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Solovey posted:

speaking as someone who overall liked SwSh, shortcomings and all: i guess in theory the concept of doing DLC expansions instead of separate enhanced versions is a better way of going about adding new content to old games, especially considering that it already looks like quite a bit more new content than we ended up with in USUM, but mark me down as skeptical that GF will accurately balance this content for players who are already at endgame

assuming of course that it will actually be balanced for the endgame and not, say, players still in the middle of the base campaign who want to jump right into the new content, because if not, then, uh. oof

you could always bench your main team and put together a new one using Pokémon local to the expansion areas I guess :shrug:
I definitely prefer DLC over buying a second version but the balance wrt the leveling curve is probably gonna be weird

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah, it's clearly not cut content. Game Freak isn't that intelligent, if it was, it'd be in the game's data, as everything they wanted you to get later has been from Gen 1 to this point (and that includes SwSh).

Remember, Game Freak isn't particularly competent at hiding things. Or at streaming, as we've proven today.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

He looks like a roadrunner.

I’m surprised everyone isn’t going nuts about apricot balls coming back.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Where's the Battle Frontier DLC Gamefreak.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://twitter.com/ermacvevo/status/1215295845073113089?s=21
lmao

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Can I just say that it is incredibly hosed up that Gamefreak has made Pokemon Reborn canon by adding Radomus the Hat Weirdo to this game.

I would have revived the LP thread again to post this but apparently it finally got locked for real the last time somebody did so.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Winklebottom posted:

they all look dark type-ish to me

giving zapdos giant feet is an odd choice but alright

I think they are all based on the original Red/Green sprites

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Inteleon is the kid with the fancy super soaker from TV commercials

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

klara rules

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Sword was not what I’d consider a well-rounded game. It has a lot of sharp, jagged edges with the interface and holes where you’d expect to see more content. But, I’ll buy this expansion. I’m curious to see if they address some of the issues with the base game or if it’s straight to the Isle of Armor.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’m surprised everyone isn’t going nuts about apricot balls coming back.

I will go completely apeshit if I can finally have a moon ball HA nido. Are they adding the nidos?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ROFL Octopus posted:

I will go completely apeshit if I can finally have a moon ball HA nido. Are they adding the nidos?

Nidorino was one of the Pokemon shown to be added to SwSh so I'd be genuinely surprised if the Nidoran-F line isn't added as well.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Nintendo don't do it. Throw the Tapus back in the volcano where they belong

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaze Dragon posted:

Nidorino was one of the Pokemon shown to be added to SwSh so I'd be genuinely surprised if the Nidoran-F line isn't added as well.

Oh drat that’s awesome. Going nuts now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/dbMisadventure/status/1215299169163845632

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

there he is.... the legendary pokemon...

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

my childhood dog ate a pin cushion that looked like a red version of that thing and we never did figure out what happened to the pins

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Araxxor posted:

Nintendo has been doing this with all of their first party games on the Switch and it loving sucks.

?? Mario Odyssey, Zelda BOTW, Splatoon 2 were all pretty complete games. The DLC for all of them were more ancillary stuff rather than ripped out content.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Cinderace is going to have a field day with big head deer. They ought to make a special animation just for it!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/SakuraOhgami/status/1215302746930319360

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
As soon as I saw Calyrex's gigantic dome, I could already see every single meme that would be made about it.

This gets points for execution, though.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

pikachu looking rough nowadays

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Blaze Dragon posted:

They cannot add Nidorino without adding the Nidoran-F line, because breeding Nidorino and Ditto produces both Nidoran-M and Nidoran-F.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Something that just hit me, the first DLC has a pretty simple story attached, and it features our first "mythical"(?). Meanwhile, the pokemon movie for 2020 has oddly enough not been shown off yet. It will be tomorrow but usually it would've been shown off last month.

I'm thinking the next pokemon movie is based on the DLC 1. Ash and Go end up in the armor island, decide to train under Mustard and help Kubfu do whatever and evolve to stop some, idk, evil tree or whatever.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
yo put that bear in Smash

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mixed feelings. Glad 200+ mons are being added back in but boy does it feel grimy to have them and old cut moves getting sold back to you as a highlight. That poo poo sucks.
They... aren't doing this though

did you close your eyes during the part where they explained how all the mons would also be patched into the base game so you could, for example, transfer them from Home without buying anything

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Wait a minute, what was with that part of the direct where they’re making curry and a pillar of fire shoots out of the pot? I’ve never had that happen even with the one time I made charizard class curry.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

That happens when you've got a lot of people cooking at once and everyone nails it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah no I'll take DLC over having to buy another separate but slightly different game yet again that's an A loving plus move imo. I feel like definitive editions of games punish people who buy original versions of them because lol, here's a better and more compete version of a game you already bought! Buy it and sink more of your life replaying it to see what you're missing!!

So no, DLC is perfect and I'm very excited. The fact that they can, indeed, patch Pokemon that weren't even in SwSh's code in gives me a feeling that SwSh will eventually make the entire regional dex available over time. Probably after Crown Tundra is out for a while they'll allow you to bring in everyone from Home or something.

New Pokemon look interesting, new outfits are fun, the ability to FINALLY get more fashion balls is great. More content is great. SwSh was definitely light on features so hopefully this fills in some of the blanks without having the feature bloat SM had. New play modes are encouraging to see.

That said.

Why can't I train with Klara? Version exclusive characters are bullshit. It's a petty annoyance but I didn't like the notion of version exclusive gym leaders either.