Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

gently caress me. Are there some mission or weapon types that just flat out not work for this? Am I supposed to see a counter going up or will all the sudden I'll have a surprise completion? Tried loki, spoiler cannon, and excavation and got no incremental counts. With having to recast invis and falling during latch, probably gonna switch to Ivara.

Edit: This is a zaw riven, it's literally not worth this effort. Can I mulch it without revealing it?

It has to be an enemy that doesn't know you're there for it to count - you'll see a counter going up on kills that count. In addition to infested, you can also do Void missions since there's no alarms to be triggered. Also, there are a few mission types that will autofail you - all the endlesses raise a level-wide alarm when triggered, so you can't use them.

I wound up using Banshee for the silenced weapon (since I don't have a stealth frame b/c I'm too lazy to finish farming one) and an assault rifle to pick off stuff from a distance before it could see me (sniper was too annoying with the scope zoom).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Radio Paranoia posted:

Equinox's 2 in day form is your best friend for Cetus and Fortuna hunting. Just wait for a target to appear and put it to sleep for an instant, 9 times out of 10 perfect capture.

Day's 2 is Rage, you want Night's, which is Rest.

For Equinox Prime on the default colors they made Day the black/blue one and Night the white/gold one, just to gently caress with people I think.

No matter what skin (aside from the deluxe), Night has a flowing skirt/dress thing going on along with the arm flaps, and Day has a more bulky armored look.

Word of DE says both forms of Equinox are female but honestly it's *your* super cool space ninja action figures, you can HC whatever you want about yours.

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 8, 2020

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Then in the equinox deluxe skin, both forms appear feminine :)

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I somehow forgot that the deluxe was a thing, hah.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

the best part about fragor prime is yelling Welcome to Pound Town at the screen every time you swing it

this but with Jat Kittag

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Solumin posted:

Isn't there a goon console clan?

There is, but it's not very active from what I've seen.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1146974-wisp-walk-animation-change/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-11302180
Holy poo poo they're fixing Wisp's melee/Shedu movement animations
Pretty sure they had said they wouldn't

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1146974-wisp-walk-animation-change/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-11302180

The best Frame just got better!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Inzombiac posted:

The best Frame just got better!

But they said nothing about improving Grendel or giving him even more delicious jiggle physics, as they should.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Raptor1033 posted:

gently caress me. Are there some mission or weapon types that just flat out not work for this? Am I supposed to see a counter going up or will all the sudden I'll have a surprise completion? Tried loki, spoiler cannon, and excavation and got no incremental counts. With having to recast invis and falling during latch, probably gonna switch to Ivara.

Edit: This is a zaw riven, it's literally not worth this effort. Can I mulch it without revealing it?

Use Vauban on a Mobile defence , toss a flechette grenade into a room, and hang off the wall.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Malloc Voidstar posted:

quote:

no more float interruptions for all other Warframes sporting the animation.

So wait does this mean other frames using Wisp's animation sets get to float as well?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

this but with Jat Kittag

Funny way to spell "fully charged Arca Titron" there

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

So wait does this mean other frames using Wisp's animation sets get to float as well?

Should be, yeah.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Nice, I actually use wisp's animation for my khora.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
patch time
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1160497-empyrean-ivara-prime-2709/

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

patch looks pretty good

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Nothing in those patch notes about addressing the ridiculous titanium costs to salvage something, and they removed platbuying repair drones to boot. Good luck ever fully repairing anything I guess.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Particle proc nerfed from 30% to 7.5%, duration increased to 20 seconds but I don't know what it was before?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

quote:

Removed a crate from extraction zone in Grineer Shipyard so it will stop taunting solo players who couldn’t get it.

so many missed orokin cells

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Guess I'm gonna snap up some repair drones before it comes to council. Is it worth it?

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
This hotfix feels like it's only half of the actual patch Railjack needed. They took away pretty much everything that was strong previously (Rhino, Winged avionics, Slash procs, Cryophon) and didn't do anything else to improve the flow of missions. Fighter ehp was, and still is, irrelevant versus battle avionics. Hopefully removing the outliers makes the actual needed changes more obvious and there's a part 2 soon. The loot markers at least are a great improvement.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 9, 2020

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Pretty hosed, IMHO, that they took a break to enjoy the holidays and new years instead of fixing/balancing the entire Empyrean update.

Edit: Ahh, I was mocking the official forum thread, btw. I know that no Tenno here would actually think that.

central dogma fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 9, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I took a peek at my game backlog and realize I can't dump all my extra time into this game.

I'm MR 25(?) with not a ton left to do.

Think it's about time to take a break, let Liches and Railjack smooth out and jump back in later.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I took a peek at my game backlog and realize I can't dump all my extra time into this game.

I'm MR 25(?) with not a ton left to do.

Think it's about time to take a break, let Liches and Railjack smooth out and jump back in later.

Goonspeed. Warframe will still be here when you're done.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Or maybe they could have waited until after the holidays instead of crunching to release a half-baked bug-filled expansion in time for them. We would have understood. Like, I've had multiple missions fail because literally every model other than the skybox disappeared for me and everyone on the crew, and others because the game didn't recognize a hazard was extinguished and continued the countdown.

The Railjack is a broken, buggy mess that's barely out of beta, and it needs a lot of work.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Screaming Idiot posted:

Or maybe they could have waited until after the holidays instead of crunching to release a half-baked bug-filled expansion in time for them. We would have understood. Like, I've had multiple missions fail because literally every model other than the skybox disappeared for me and everyone on the crew, and others because the game didn't recognize a hazard was extinguished and continued the countdown.

The Railjack is a broken, buggy mess that's barely out of beta, and it needs a lot of work.

Don't railjack then, I'm not bothering to until it's fixed and I still have more then enough game

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Screaming Idiot posted:

We would have understood.

no a lot of people would have poo poo their pants, we know this for a fact

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Don't railjack then, I'm not bothering to until it's fixed and I still have more then enough game

But then I can't complain, and complaining is the only thing that gets me erect.

In all seriousness though, I really want to do the Erra quest, but you need to Railjack in order to do it. I also want the Shedu arm cannon, because I want to be Megaman.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Does the frame you spawn a lich with have some sort of influence on the weapon the lich will have? I've only been using ember, nezha, and Saryn to spawn liches and I've only gotten the same four weapons over nearly twenty liches

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
It determines the damage type but afaik not the weapon

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I knew the abort farming was going to get stomped on but removing pre-farming Command intrinsics is hilarious.

Guilty posted:

Does the frame you spawn a lich with have some sort of influence on the weapon the lich will have? I've only been using ember, nezha, and Saryn to spawn liches and I've only gotten the same four weapons over nearly twenty liches

Just the element, unfortunately. I generally try to trade liches in clan chat instead of hoping I'm blessed with RNG.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they made it so liches won't double up on a weapon but there's nothing preventing them from just swapping between 3-4 different ones just as long as they don't repeat one of them twice in a row

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Johnny Joestar posted:

they made it so liches won't double up on a weapon but there's nothing preventing them from just swapping between 3-4 different ones just as long as they don't repeat one of them twice in a row

Walp, at least i can hopefully get these four weapons above 30% elemental damage

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
When does the patch go live? Didn't catch it

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I'm gonna whore my own post because I'm angry about the handling of repair drones while resources still loving suck.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/emhheq/glad_they_added_repair_drones_to_the_reward_table/

tl;dr the drop chance is 0.25% on mission end

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

lol the removal of plat for resource drones is a larger negative than all of the other positives for RJ in this patch

lots of bugfixes though, that's nice

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I'm staying away until they get more of this sorted out

kinda strange that a major content patch has caused me to play way less warframe than I normally do

hopefully by next month we'll see some major overhauls

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Valleyant posted:

When does the patch go live? Didn't catch it

Patches are usually live the moment the notes go out. Alternatively, the notes only go up once the patch ships.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

I'm staying away until they get more of this sorted out

:same:

haven't felt this bummed about the game in a long while :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah. Getting some weird brainfeels on the old Warframe reward cycle. Possibly irrationally but.

Made me beat Disco Elysium at least. Guess I'll poke that free Titanfall 2 playstation threw at me next.