Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
here's a look at the full WIP menu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Big fan of one of the colors apparently just being "Italian"

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Tomayo

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Big fan of one of the colors apparently just being "Italian"

The resource is called Mayo, and that one is Cinco De Mayo.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

It's kinda one of my biggest gripes with the game. Is it to do with some technical configuration or a deliberate means to make sure people have the game open more often?

I notice when I play this on my laptop it uses the discrete GPU which really kills the battery. But when I minimize it it seems to help a lot.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Hey cool move making them different shapes for color blind people.

Like I'm not color blind but it's a good thing to include, and it still makes it easier to differentiate for fully color abled folks.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

something posted:

here's a look at the full WIP menu:

so once you cast a card it's in effect for the entire run, and you can't recast it, right?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
oh no it's a permanent effect, I forgot

something posted:

Permanent.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
One day I’ll get to all those cool features

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Mozi posted:

I notice when I play this on my laptop it uses the discrete GPU which really kills the battery. But when I minimize it it seems to help a lot.

I'm sure i read that when you minimise it, it's essentially like turning it off.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kin posted:

I'm sure i read that when you minimise it, it's essentially like turning it off.

That's only for the WebGL version. And that is because Chrome and Firefox both stop processing stuff in real time when it's not being displayed. If you are running steam it shouldn't matter what the window is doing. It should also use way less resources. Unity is always going to run the full video card, it's a 3D engine running a 2D game. NGU is insanely lightweight for a Unity game, I can't get half the Unity idle games to run on an i3 with 2GB of RAM without some timing issue, NGU does (or did up through mid evil, I no longer have access to that computer, it no longer exists).

pixaal fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 9, 2020

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I can assure you there absolutely isnt an illuminati conspiracy to make unity games suck up laptop power in order to make you idle more

Probably

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

something posted:

The resource is called Mayo, and that one is Cinco De Mayo.

The best part about that is the uproar this will cause since Cinco de Mayo is Spanish and not Italian.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

more like pasta de mayo

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

The best part about that is the uproar this will cause since Cinco de Mayo is Spanish and not Italian.

isnt it mexican? and hence why i made the icon like the mexican flag?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_Mayo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

something posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Italy

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

something posted:

You’re using the correct dark green so yeah you’re fine. I say keep it because I want to see people arguing about it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Ineptitude posted:

Congratulations on your multiple levels of stupid in a single post.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I can sorta' see people tripping a little on it, since the Mexican flag has a coat of arms in the middle and without it it reads more like the Italian flag, shade of green notwithstanding, but I think that's bracing for issues (probably) nobody will have.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Hey something

I'm loving NGU Idle because I hate myself. i was wondering if there was a way to buying things from the menus and skip the confirmation prompt.

It's kind of a pain to spread out my XP from over a weekend. It would be nice if I could just hold shift or something have bypass the 'are you sure' prompt.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

settings, first page fourth column third down.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

MrTargetPractice posted:

Hey something

I'm loving NGU Idle because I hate myself. i was wondering if there was a way to buying things from the menus and skip the confirmation prompt.

It's kind of a pain to spread out my XP from over a weekend. It would be nice if I could just hold shift or something have bypass the 'are you sure' prompt.

NM

I see in the options where you can turn off those prompts.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

settings, first page fourth column third down.

Thanks buddy.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Something you may also find useful: When buying many levels of something, you can right-click to buy as many as possible instead of buying each one individually.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Jabor posted:

Something you may also find useful: When buying many levels of something, you can right-click to buy as many as possible instead of buying each one individually.

:o

All those thousands of clicks for Rich Jerk perks... wasted...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

KazigluBey posted:

I can sorta' see people tripping a little on it, since the Mexican flag has a coat of arms in the middle and without it it reads more like the Italian flag, shade of green notwithstanding, but I think that's bracing for issues (probably) nobody will have.

What about a faint yellow semi circle to represent the coat of arms? Then that can be pointed to but people will still mistake it for Italy, because way more people will associate green white red with Italy than Mexico even if you put the coat of arms on there, you will still get a group not get why Cinco De Mayo has an Italian flag. No matter what it will be funny, and technical limitations along with it's a different shade of green should be enough if you can't get a really basic shape for the coat of arms to look good (that's a drat tiny amount of space)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

the wtf does this do button for mayo just consists of three paragraphs of text explaining the cinco de mayo pun and pointing out the marginal colour differences between the mexican and italian pales and how there's no coat of arms in the middle for readability purposes when overlaid with text.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
aw I was hoping I got the pretty mayo shape right. Oh well.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

the wtf does this do button for mayo just consists of three paragraphs of text explaining the cinco de mayo pun and pointing out the marginal colour differences between the mexican and italian pales and how there's no coat of arms in the middle for readability purposes when overlaid with text.

Or the WTF does this doe has larger size versions of every mayo and the cinco de mayo has the coat of arms in the full size. The fullsize is not used elsewhere, the joke now does not need to be explained.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Protip for anyone else awakening The Beast (minor spoilers I guess): The ITOPOD starts at floor 0, not floor 1. If you enter at floor 1 you will not get clue 4, though as a consolation you get to waste a bunch of time and feel very silly! :shepface:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So, speaking of card game idle games, I've been poking at Creature Card Idle for a bit now. It's a game where you open card packs and build a board that'll give you more resources based on how cards are arranged next to each other. Has a few faults, sure, and I'm not sure how long it is, but there's something delightful about fiddling with your tableau to try and get the perfect arrangement.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

pixaal posted:

That's only for the WebGL version. And that is because Chrome and Firefox both stop processing stuff in real time when it's not being displayed. If you are running steam it shouldn't matter what the window is doing. It should also use way less resources. Unity is always going to run the full video card, it's a 3D engine running a 2D game. NGU is insanely lightweight for a Unity game, I can't get half the Unity idle games to run on an i3 with 2GB of RAM without some timing issue, NGU does (or did up through mid evil, I no longer have access to that computer, it no longer exists).

I wish i'd known that. I've been keeping my laptop plugged in constantly to keep it running while using the game.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kin posted:

I wish i'd known that. I've been keeping my laptop plugged in constantly to keep it running while using the game.

You need the game open for drops, it's the minimizing that's web GL only.

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

Arzaac posted:

So, speaking of card game idle games, I've been poking at Creature Card Idle for a bit now. It's a game where you open card packs and build a board that'll give you more resources based on how cards are arranged next to each other. Has a few faults, sure, and I'm not sure how long it is, but there's something delightful about fiddling with your tableau to try and get the perfect arrangement.

I liked that game and was hoping 4g might do some kind of board placement mechanic with these cards.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

multiplayer card duel function when?

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

Jabor posted:

That works for everyhting? Nice

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it worth keeping any of the hearts after they're Maxx'd? The yellow heart is good for gold drop, but are the red & blue useful in the future?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Nah you'll end up dumping all hearts except for green's respawn, though pink and black will last the longest due to their basic stat blocks.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sage Grimm posted:

Nah you'll end up dumping all hearts except for green's respawn, though pink and black will last the longest due to their basic stat blocks.

you shouldnt drop any of the hearts in normal thiugh, the off hand bonuses tend to be good for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm running all 5 of the rings currently, and Ascended^2 Pendant. My rings are level 20-30, Pendant at lvl 13 currently. Thinking I should keep on pushing for awhile to get my beards working, that or get back to some challenges. Basics are done, and one 24, that's all.