Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

It was 551 MB on me for Steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
My Steam patch is only 550mb, v0v

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

do full phys skeletons hold up well? i quit, and now i have poe craving again and feel like doing skeletons. probably life base with ahn's heritage and poo poo for super tankyness.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
New storms are much better, just ran an a6 to test

queeb posted:

do full phys skeletons hold up well? i quit, and now i have poe craving again and feel like doing skeletons. probably life base with ahn's heritage and poo poo for super tankyness.

very much so, I've been running phys skel managuard since start. Necro is more power ofc

Btw how's the chains build doing?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

queeb posted:

They are literally the most meta build on metamorph, both standard and ssfhc.

What is a good build for obliterating legions and metamorph bosses? legions are the one thing necro struggles to 100% clear completely and I want something that can use a impale watcher eye I found or the funds from selling it.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Grimoire posted:

very much so, I've been running phys skel managuard since start. Necro is more power ofc

Btw how's the chains build doing?

its good but i wasnt liking how it was feeling against actual bosses. it completly shits all over maps and map bosses

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

The chaos wander build does well (or any wander really), anything that can pop vaal ice Nova.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Grimoire posted:

Define "much better".

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

They are literally the most meta build on metamorph, both standard and ssfhc.

What is a good build for obliterating legions and metamorph bosses? legions are the one thing necro struggles to 100% clear completely and I want something that can use a impale watcher eye I found or the funds from selling it.

I think ED/Contagion is still the champ for fully busting open Legions.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Frostbolt+Ice Nova

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Define "much better".

My last run there was only 1 mobile storm that I could see, the rest were immobile. Previously I had an issue with Sirus never coming down, just living in the storms for minutes - that seems fixed. Minions took long to die if they skirted the edge of the storms, so long as you convoc on cooldown you should be ok.

Visibility and rendering issues persist - the maze phase for example fires but does not render for me

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The storm phase essentially doesn't exist anymore, you just stand around and wait for Sirus to move to where you can trigger the next phase. Such a bizarre change and makes the entire mechanic pointless to even exist.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They will probably save the bad storms for Uber Sirius

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh good, guess I'll probably get into a good Sirus rotation this weekend then.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

euphronius posted:

They will probably save the bad storms for Uber Sirius

I hope we do get an Uber version in a league or two, especially with how simple he feels now. All they really had to do was fix the bugs with the fight and prevent the storms from covering the entrance and bricking it. Removing the whole kiting mechanic is such a strange overreaction.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The uber fight should be all five conquerors at the same time :getin:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Here's a mechanics riddle: if I had 50% MoM and was LL, I would need...100% equal ES/mana?

I'm trying to math out an Ivory Tower build and the correct ratio will determine my jewel selection. I would rather not have to get three Grand Spectrums.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
MoM protects your life pool, not your ES.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Won't MoM do nothing until your ES is gone?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh right. Brain fart.

That makes things easier then.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

efb

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Fister Roboto posted:

The uber fight should be all five conquerors at the same time :getin:

That reminds me, when is GGG going to release the video where all the Conquerors fight each other?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't know why I thought it would protect ES in the same way as life.

Oh well, at least now I can add in some more auras and still have a billion mana to protect my rear end from chaos damage.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

Awesome! posted:

"Three of any organs can be given to receive a random organ differing from those offered"
so basically trade in brain, heart, lung and you will always get eyes or liver yeah?

I don't think that's it; I think it's more like map 3:1 crunching, so 3 livers get you a {brain/heart/eyes/lung} and you just keep spinning that wheel until you get the one you're out of.

e: I mean, I hope it's the way you said, that's better, but I'm expecting it to be the less convenient way.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Awesome! posted:

"Three of any organs can be given to receive a random organ differing from those offered"
so basically trade in brain, heart, lung and you will always get eyes or liver yeah?

Yeah, I did a few and this was the result.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

cool. also apparently the ilvl of the part you get back is the average of the 3, not the lowest like normal.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Piano-ing flasks is one of the worst gameplay “features” in PoE. I hope GGG eventually iterates on them more so that they’re not just 5 extra bits of passive gear with the drawback of mashing your keyboard every 4-6 seconds.

It wouldn’t be ideal, but even just letting you officially bind multiple flasks to a single button would be a huge QoL upgrade.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
We just use flask macros. You can set one up to press more than 1 key too like for example ED and contagion.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

whydirt posted:

Piano-ing flasks is one of the worst gameplay “features” in PoE. I hope GGG eventually iterates on them more so that they’re not just 5 extra bits of passive gear with the drawback of mashing your keyboard every 4-6 seconds.

It wouldn’t be ideal, but even just letting you officially bind multiple flasks to a single button would be a huge QoL upgrade.

Pianist's Cummerbund
Unique Cloth Belt
Use all equipped flasks when you use any flask
50% less flask duration

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Just had an awakening 8 sirus fight.

Mobile storms are very passive now and move much slower than sirus in his flying chair mode so you will always end up pulling him out of them.

I feel like they nerfed his "die!" laser barrage as he fires either less lasers or at lesser rate of fire. The rest of his moves also felt like they did less damage.

The fight honestly felt very long but kinda trivial compared to shaper guardians and even drox. The only new thing is I was getting corrupted blood stacks from somewhere even if it didn't looked like I was getting hit by anything.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

thehandtruck posted:

We just use flask macros. You can set one up to press more than 1 key too like for example ED and contagion.

Go on...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fister Roboto posted:

Pianist's Cummerbund
Unique Cloth Belt
Use all equipped flasks when you use any flask
50% less flask duration

:lol:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Sirus is now an okay boss.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Let's talk about the new Molten Shell since it has changed since I last played in Harbinger. Say I have 10k base armor and getting 1k extra armor from MS as my baseline due to gem level and +% armor modifiers. My understanding is that I get 20% of my armor as a bonus HP pool (up to a maximum of 10k bonus HP at 50k armor) that would take 75% of hit damage in place of my regular HP, which in this case would be 2,200 HP. Is that right?

Second question. Does the Molten Shell +150% buff effect helm enchant increase both the bonus armor and the buff HP pool (i.e. does it double dip)? Would I get 50% instead of 20% of my total armor (still up to the 10k max) as the bonus pool? If it does double dip, then I'd get 2.5k bonus armor and my bonus HP pool would be 50% of the combined base 10k plus the increased 2.5k bonus armor, leaving me with just a bit over 6k HP in the bonus pool.

If I'm wrong about the mechanics or in my calculations, let me know!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Buff effect is only for the bonus armour iirc.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I like that each Elderslayer has its own types of minions that appear on their influence, cute little touch

does that mean that all of them played minion builds to kill Shaper/Elder? :v:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lightning Knight posted:

I keep complaining about this in chat so I’m gonna complain about it here too, I really wish there was a source for minion projectile flight speed on the tree or hell even a decent unique. :argh:

Isn't just slotting a Faster Projectile support in the summon skill enough like how Spell Echo works for Solar Guards?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

frajaq posted:

I like that each Elderslayer has its own types of minions that appear on their influence, cute little touch

does that mean that all of them played minion builds to kill Shaper/Elder? :v:

Makes sense that Necro builds are so strong, that's what all the conquerors are. (Alternatively where's my terrible garrison league where I get to send out squads to do stuff for me?)

It took me like a good 12+ maps to spawn a third taunt for Al-Hezmin (easier to count when you're using sextants) but I noticed in the citadel there was a "Sirus' Journal 1" lore bit. I'm guessing it's new because I would've noticed it before. It gets a bit into his doubts being a leader and his relationship with zana, so I guess they're also building up his story finally instead of him coming out of nowhere.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

EVIL Gibson posted:

Isn't just slotting a Faster Projectile support in the summon skill enough like how Spell Echo works for Solar Guards?

yeah but then you are using faster projectiles

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Vasudus posted:

Sirus is now an okay boss.

Vas, I think I may do chaos wander for my third character since I’m itching to play Assassin - how much currency would you say is needed to get it feeling “good” roughly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Give me ILLEGAL paddle pop stick flasks or give me death.