Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ROFL Octopus posted:

Espeon has consistently won the award for best eeveelution since 1999 but its shiny is a sorry abomination. Sylveon all the way.

Don’t talk to me or my radioactive-green son ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Homer Slowson.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bort

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Slowmer

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bort, I choose you!

Are you calling my pokemon?

No, my slowpoke is also named Bort.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Still waiting on the Ultra Beasts to come back Game Freak, give me back Buzzwole!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

I thought it was quite helpful in the story, but don’t worry about it if you don’t want to use Meowth. Zigzagoon also has it, which I used the entire game.
Oh good! I haven't found a Zigzagoon yet but I would definitely use one over Meowth. Although it seems to lose it after evolving into Obstagoon unfortunately. But that's still a good replacement. Thanks!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

There's something wild about Game Freaks 'we're cutting pokemon for balance reasons' excuse and then they go and add Lando-T back.

Like I already didn't believe them but haha what.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
At least there's four different tapus, I never see the other two genies.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Guys, I just found out about Dexit, do you think Slowpoke is going to make the cut? :ohdear:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Guys, I just found out about Dexit, do you think Slowpoke is going to make the cut? :ohdear:

No. You'll have to make do with a Galarian Slowpoke

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ROFL Octopus posted:

Espeon has consistently won the award for best eeveelution since 1999 but its shiny is a sorry abomination. Sylveon all the way.

Also, you know...Espeon kind of wants it’s HA. Sylveon doesn’t care as much.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sylveon and Umbreon are far and away the best shiny Eeveelutions.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

AlternateNu posted:

Also, you know...Espeon kind of wants it’s HA. Sylveon doesn’t care as much.

Sylveon cares almost as much. Can't screw over Substitute abusers without Pixilate Hyper Voice. I second the Umbreon suggestion.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

YggiDee posted:

I'm tragically indecisive so I usually reset PMD game three or four times before I figure out a starter-partner set I like. And there's always at least one round of "I love Treecko I should be a Treecko/oh poo poo grass is weak to l i t e r a l l y e v e r y t h i n g."

Weaknesses and resistances are toned down a ton in the Mystery Dungeon games. In Super Mystery Dungeon I not only played as snivy, I used four grass moves because the utility from them was better than what I'd get by branching out for better coverage.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There's something wild about Game Freaks 'we're cutting pokemon for balance reasons' excuse and then they go and add Lando-T back.

Like I already didn't believe them but haha what.

Did they make that excuse? I thought they never gave an official reason.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I took balance to mean “we want to have an equal representation of types and gens if we can’t put them all in” rather than a competitive thing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RatHat posted:

Don’t talk to me or my radioactive-green son ever again.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Maybe I'll box my team and roll with a new team using Kubfu as my starter in Isle of Armor.

And now that I used a full Galarian-only team for the main story, I can run with any combination of Pokes for the DLC portion. This is a real good decision.

Glad we got Klara in Sword.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

It’s new cry is just “Do’h” and “Whoo-hoo” slowed by 500%.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Not so slow after all

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Nanigans posted:

Glad we got Klara in Sword.

I continue to regret choosing Shield.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Saoshyant posted:

Not so slow after all

It's the perfect disguise, no one will ever know!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Oh good! I haven't found a Zigzagoon yet but I would definitely use one over Meowth. Although it seems to lose it after evolving into Obstagoon unfortunately. But that's still a good replacement. Thanks!

I don’t think you can get Obstagoon until near the end of the story. The time of day is dictated by the story, and pretty much nothing happens at night until then. There’s a scene at a hotel earlier on that takes place during the evening. I wonder if you could leave and evolve him then.

Oh, and my friend convinced me to evolve the Eevee into Umbreon. Espeon is far and away my favorite Eevee evolution, but I already have a non shiny Espeon I’m pretty attached. Plus, I’d rather have the HA. Even then, I’d probably go with shiny Sylveon.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Open Marriage Night posted:

I don’t think you can get Obstagoon until near the end of the story. The time of day is dictated by the story, and pretty much nothing happens at night until then. There’s a scene at a hotel earlier on that takes place during the evening. I wonder if you could leave and evolve him then.

Oh, and my friend convinced me to evolve the Eevee into Umbreon. Espeon is far and away my favorite Eevee evolution, but I already have a non shiny Espeon I’m pretty attached. Plus, I’d rather have the HA. Even then, I’d probably go with shiny Sylveon.

I think wild area always uses the real life time so you can evolve it there.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dienes posted:

I think wild area always uses the real life time so you can evolve it there.

It does, that's how I evolved mine. I realized he was past due, flew to the wild area, gave him some candy, and bam! Obstagoon!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tenebrais posted:

It was along the lines of '400 pokemon are easier to balance and work with'

I'm unable to look up anything right now as I'm on the road, but I fully admit I might be confusing it with what the masses were repeating forever. I just swear that I've seen that floating around forever as one of the given reasons for the cut and why people were arguing back and forth on "cutting doesn't actually matter, it'll just be a new selection of guys showing up forever. It doesn't fix anything!!"

E: Am I the only one that likes Avery more out of the two Rivals? Dudes a total goof and I love his silly pokeball hat gimmick. Haven't seen Klara but all the art I've seen for her leads me to think her personality is "I am cute" and not much else.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did they patch online or nah

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

E: Am I the only one that likes Avery more out of the two Rivals? Dudes a total goof and I love his silly pokeball hat gimmick. Haven't seen Klara but all the art I've seen for her leads me to think her personality is "I am cute" and not much else.

Nope, and as a Sword-haver I'm sad about it. :(

Maybe Klara will grow on me like Gordie did, though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Been thinking about Calybrax and I just realized, does anyone remember Eldegoss?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Any indication the PMD DX demo's save is going to be playable in the full game when it releases?
Mostly just to determine how much thought to put into naming the team.
Naming things is hard.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

qnqnx posted:

Any indication the PMD DX demo's save is going to be playable in the full game when it releases?
Mostly just to determine how much thought to put into naming the team.
Naming things is hard.

It will, they said in the direct you'll be able to continue on from the demo in the full game.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

lol Galarian slowpoke's just a slowpoke that got into some paint

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Electric Phantasm posted:

Been thinking about Calybrax and I just realized, does anyone remember Eldegoss?

it's me I remembered eldegoss when I saw calybrax

and then I was like "well, yeah, but the new one's creepier"

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Not true! He also drags his tail on the ground.

That's it though

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DACK FAYDEN posted:

it's me I remembered eldegoss when I saw calybrax

and then I was like "well, yeah, but the new one's creepier"

Giving it Unnerve was a genius move lol.

Canonically everyone is creeped out by it.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Has Galarian Slowbro been revealed yet? Because if not I'm going to wager its going to be poison/psychic type to tic another type combo off the charts

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

He's not a water-type anymore because the water will wash the paint away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I was certain Eldegoss was a middle evolution that would turn into something more interesting. But nope; mono grass with nothing really interesting about it. :shrug:

This gen was kind of lousy with mono-types now that I think about it.