Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Splash posted:

Play Eversion

drat i haven't thought about that game in like 5 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
honestly vvvvvv is a perfect game

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That Edge games strategy looked sick.

Also the music in that section is f*ing awesome

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TeaJay posted:

That Edge games strategy looked sick.

Also the music in that section is f*ing awesome

I swear he went right through some enemies

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Don't worry Mohoc, I didn't get deathless Gravitron either

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I heard that Faaaaaaaa...

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Hit with like less than .1 second left. That hurts.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I have memories of The Tower :stare:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

People donated almost 1000$ during this run for Gravitron but still not enough

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

V
VV
VVV
VVVV
VVVVV
VVVVVV

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

happy 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

20:20!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Terry ;_;7

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Jfc

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Always disappointing to break news about an incentive not being met to a runner during a run

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Finally time to see Celeste Chapter 9 for the first time

Zaburino
Jul 22, 2006
I feel like there's been a glut of incentives not being met this AGDQ, like they've been a bit too ambitious with some games this year

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
they seem like petty high bars to match

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Zaburino posted:

I feel like there's been a glut of incentives not being met this AGDQ, like they've been a bit too ambitious with some games this year

Someone had mentioned it seems like they're opening incentives a lot later than previous GDQs and that may be the cause, who knows. It definitely is way more than previous GDQs I can't remember any incentive from the last couple days that wasn't a bonus game that actually got met.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Not to mention there were two separate 10k incentives for one game there (VVVVVV). I think they put the bar a bit too high on incentives in this event.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think the amount of downtime has been seriously reduced and the amount of streamer chat is up, providing little time to read donations and advertise incentives.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

blatant cheating, smh

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cheat Codes???????????

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The best part is he has to look up how to cheat

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Staff! Fix his Twitch URL, stat!

e: I got Celeste for free from Epic Games and decided I'm not quite good as the people who speedrun it

ee: "You did that in your _casual_ playthrough??"

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 10, 2020

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TeaJay posted:

Staff! Fix his Twitch URL, stat!

e: I got Celeste for free from Epic Games and decided I'm not quite good as the people who speedrun it

You should at least be sure to beat the main story if you haven't. Even if the B and C sides (and uh... this nightmare) aren't for you, the central 7 levels are very doable and extremely worth playing.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

You should at least be sure to beat the main story if you haven't. Even if the B and C sides (and uh... this nightmare) aren't for you, the central 7 levels are very doable and extremely worth playing.

I'm usually not good with precision platformers, there was some of that in Hollow Knight which I liked (White Palace yo) but I'll be sure to try again later.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TeaJay posted:

I'm usually not good with precision platformers, there was some of that in Hollow Knight which I liked (White Palace yo) but I'll be sure to try again later.

If you can do the white palace you can beat the main story of Celeste, no question

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man, I would not be able to play Celeste, because of the doorbell sound effect

It's hard to beat a kaizo-style game like this when your dog is flipping out every five minutes

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Shoutouts to Mr. Angryblock

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

"I would highly recommend playing this chapter"

With all due respect, this chapter would be beyond the abilities of January 2018 me who finished all the C sides. January 2020 me has no hope, I am merely human.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

You have to use speedrun techniques for this bonus chapter? How the gently caress am I expected to do speedrun poo poo, I'm not even good at video games under normal circumstances

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I always hear how good Celeste is but man it would drive me insane. I could only make it like 10 stages into Super Meat Boy and this looks even harder.

Which is all to say he is making this look super easy.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Rosalind posted:

I always hear how good Celeste is but man it would drive me insane. I could only make it like 10 stages into Super Meat Boy and this looks even harder.

I think this is some kind of bonus chapter which is a super difficult epilogue or something.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rosalind posted:

Celeste is incredibly forgiving, most of what speedrunners do is not at all the "intended" way to do it

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This is Super Hydlide levels of buttclench right here

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rosalind posted:

Lol for real though don't judge its difficulty based on this. This is like the fourth level of difficulty after the main story levels, then the B side levels, then the C side levels. Anyone who likes platformers at all can do the main story, I promise.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

wait, was that just a room that requires demo-dashing? :wth:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I have literally never seen Celeste in a non-speedrun-related context, it was basically made for people to watch Pro Gamers(tm) play it, so I'm not surprised they're aiming some content directly at speedrunners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
watching celeste speedrunning : :munch:
watching celeste speedrunning after you just barely made it to the peak: :aaaaa: