Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

Any excuse to post this anyway:

These are amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i honestly hope they make a hidden sidequest in cyberpunk or its dlc where you interact with geral and or ciri. i know they have said they won't but it could work. also i want a witcher sequel with geralt in not-japan or wherever else.

drat that’s a shame they won’t when they already laid the groundwork in Wild Hunt what with Ciri mentioning a world where people had metal in their heads, waged war at a distance, and instead of horses used carriages that flew through the sky.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Anything about Ciri's powers is a massive spoiler I would mark even if its a joke about games.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ciri being able to teleport is a thing you find out during maybe the third mission in the game it's hardly a spoiler.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sorry I’m a moron and mixed up Witcher threads :ughh:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Proteus Jones posted:

drat that’s a shame they won’t when they already laid the groundwork in Wild Hunt what with Ciri mentioning a world where people had metal in their heads, waged war at a distance, and instead of horses used carriages that flew through the sky.

who knows. the one dude said they wont but others have said maybe. i feel like the witcher is too big without some easter egg, maybe like you find a stash of ciris stuff or some stuff. maybe a geralt jacket and sword.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

chaosapiant posted:

Make a Geralt detective game

It already exists, it's called The Witcher 3

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

who knows. the one dude said they wont but others have said maybe. i feel like the witcher is too big without some easter egg, maybe like you find a stash of ciris stuff or some stuff. maybe a geralt jacket and sword.

Maybe a quest where you're helping out a pair of Posers and they're basically LARPing as Geralt and Ciri, from "that popular book or whatever" while your character has no idea what they're going on about.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Maybe a quest where you're helping out a pair of Posers and they're basically LARPing as Geralt and Ciri, from "that popular book or whatever" while your character has no idea what they're going on about.

thats my guess. that or as i assume, you will find some poo poo in a empty cargo container or empty apartment. maybe a letter with the the stuff.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Hardly matters, everyone’s “V” will be made to look like Geralt or Ciri anyway. I know mine will.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

First playthrough, I said "no" to simulating a save because I misunderstood what that meant and when I got to Vizima it didn't ask me the questions it was supposed to. Did I lock myself out of content?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Yes.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Goddammit and I was pretty loving completionist in White Orchard, now I have to redo everything. I'll be faster this time at least. Not spending like 10 minutes running back and forth on the riverbank looking for drowners to harvest their brains.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

If you're playing on PC you can probably fix this with a console command (Instead of re-doing White Orchard).

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Goddammit and I was pretty loving completionist in White Orchard, now I have to redo everything. I'll be faster this time at least. Not spending like 10 minutes running back and forth on the riverbank looking for drowners to harvest their brains.

It flies by when you know what you are doing. Nothing about it takes much time actually, the longest part is hitting the ?'s to get the swords and places of power.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I spent like 8-10 hours in White Orchard on my first play through just exploring. Best tutorial area ever and the music is fantastic.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Someone made it into a painting

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Are they selling prints?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I got to the part where everyone plays drinking games and then cross dress.

I'm finally starting to enjoy this game. I messed with it a bit and I'm level 100 with more or less infinite money so it's pretty fun as someone who doesn't "get" rpg games.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I’m playing this game for the first time and am early game at level 5. I got pretty sick of White Orchard pretty quick and since I did everything there I hope I never have to go back. Velen so far feels kinda similar and a lot of the terrain is pretty samey and boring but admittedly I haven’t done a lot of exploring.

I’ve never played a Witcher game so I also selected No for save simulation. What content does that lock you out of? Should I care?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

A character you don't know cause you never played Witcher 2 makes a brief appearance, and another character from 2 treats you slightly different, and you meet one other.

For a fresh player it does not really matter, we just normally tell people to sim it to get those extra things cause why not.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Arglebargle III posted:

Someone made it into a painting

Where do I submit my credit card info?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Ah yeah doesn’t matter then. Thanks

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

If you care about achievements, not having the Witcher 2 character in your game means that you can't get one of the achievements.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Helith posted:

If you care about achievements, not having the Witcher 2 character in your game means that you can't get one of the achievements.

Is it getting everybody to Kaer Morhen? Because I didn’t and I got that cheevo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You can get Full Crew without Letho.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

You can? I didn't know that, I always thought he was needed for it.
Scrap my other post then!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

Hardly matters, everyone’s “V” will be made to look like Geralt or Ciri anyway. I know mine will.

i will have Geralt eyes at least.

jonathan posted:

I got to the part where everyone plays drinking games and then cross dress.

I'm finally starting to enjoy this game. I messed with it a bit and I'm level 100 with more or less infinite money so it's pretty fun as someone who doesn't "get" rpg games.

I feel like the best way to do it is do the first third than do skellig/oxefurt/heart of stone around the same time than because your overpowered waltz your way through sidequests and finish the mainline and than finish with Blood and wine. than kinda gently caress around and get a good kit and than NG+ from there.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Look Sir Droids posted:

Are they selling prints?

There are pricey metal plates you can hang onto walls.

In standalone gwent, there's an animated version. With sound.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 10, 2020

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

itry posted:

If you're playing on PC you can probably fix this with a console command (Instead of re-doing White Orchard).

This worked, thankfully I had one manual save right before I talked to Vesemir to leave White Orchard.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I'm looking forward to the Ciri assets import mod for CP2077. My V is going to look like Ciri complete with accurate clothing. :colbert:

22 Eargesplitten posted:

This worked, thankfully I had one manual save right before I talked to Vesemir to leave White Orchard.

Sweet

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I started playing for the first time on xbox today. Got to the White Orchard and came across a place of power guarded by an invincible wraith. It was pretty easy to dodge and land hits on but once its health bar was knocked down to zero it doesnt die? it just keeps fighting no matter what I do to it. Is this a 'come back later' gatekeeping tool or what

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It's a very easy puzzle.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

kecske posted:

I started playing for the first time on xbox today. Got to the White Orchard and came across a place of power guarded by an invincible wraith. It was pretty easy to dodge and land hits on but once its health bar was knocked down to zero it doesnt die? it just keeps fighting no matter what I do to it. Is this a 'come back later' gatekeeping tool or what

Yes, the giant red skull floating over its head means "come back here later."

e: Not trying to be an rear end, that's literally the solution - the game does nothing to keep you from finding areas way over your level, and the expectation is you run away and come back later.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 10, 2020

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

kecske posted:

Is that the one in the cemetery? When you fight that Wraith it's supposed to retreat inside the crypt after you beat it outside and when you follow it inside you can finish it off.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I finished the show last night. I liked it very much. The only episode I really didn't enjoy was the 2nd one. Just thought it was kind of a mess of an episode after all. And even though I felt the show's timeline handling was sort of clumsy I also liked how they tied it all together.

Oh, and going back a while when the show was first announced, I *still* hate the Nilfgaardian armor. Not really sure what motif they were going for, but they really do just look very wrinkled. But, it definitely didn't ruin the show and I got more used to it as the show went on so I was able to just ignore it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The show is very messy and made some bizarre choices but it is so earnest and unapologetic about being high fantasy camp that it works imo. I think Cavill is great at the nonverbal stuff but whenever he has to emote he kinda falters, although "play a guy with a flat affect who's supposed to be emotionless showing emotions but also trying to hide them" isn't the easiest ask.

My biggest gripe is that making Yen all about "why can't I have baby" post transformation is a tired trope and it sucks. Also having her be naked for half the djinn episode feels HBO-level leery in a way no other episode feels, I don't know what happened there.

The weird pacing/prioritization of plots feels like they started with a ten or twelve episode order and got cut to 8 right before they started production or something.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you'll have to blame the source material for making yen baby crazy, unfortunately

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Tender Bender posted:

My biggest gripe is that making Yen all about "why can't I have baby" post transformation is a tired trope and it sucks. Also having her be naked for half the djinn episode feels HBO-level leery in a way no other episode feels, I don't know what happened there.

Cowcaster posted:

you'll have to blame the source material for making yen baby crazy, unfortunately

I wondered about that.

Also, I didn't think the nudity was anything close to HBO levels of gratuity. It was basically just that one episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

show is good