Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Splash posted:

I honestly can't speak to details about why I didn't enjoy Super Meat Boy since I played it around release, but I didn't find it very fair or fun. :shrug: I think I was a few "worlds" in before it just got too precise to be enjoyable? Though I could totally see how hardware could affect the experience.

The Warp Zone levels and the ones where you unlock side characters were awful poo poo, but the main levels weren't so bad. That said I've never felt that need to revisit it since I beat it like 10 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Celeste as a whole is a lot more encouraging than Super Meat Boy. The palette, the music, the themes of the game, it's all about pushing forward, even if the task at hand seems insurmountable. That really helped for me when I played it, and I managed to complete all the levels.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

This makes me wish I enjoyed playing Pac-Man.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

ItBreathes posted:

This makes me wish I enjoyed playing Pac-Man.

I enjoy sped up Ms. Pac Man because that's just fun frantic poo poo if you don't know the patterns.

The Splash
May 30, 2011

I'll never say hole again.

The train of ghosts reminded me of last night's Terra clone army :allears:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Randomly generated Pac Man levels based on songs sounds like a great idea...

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Mouse on screen keeps tricking me into thinking he's deliberately missing a pellet

The Splash
May 30, 2011

These skins are charming :allears:

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Most of this day is looking pretty dire to me.

What were the best awful games? I fell asleep after Animorphs and woke up during Barbie

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Hoshi wo miru hito, Sword of Black stone, Cybergenic ranger. Super Hydlide was good too. I think the whole awful block was pretty entertaining.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Normally I don't care for pearlers, but they're super on point this year.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
3 pokemon runs this gdq...

The Splash
May 30, 2011

ItBreathes posted:

Normally I don't care for pearlers, but they're super on point this year.
Making them magnets is really clever. In the past I had no idea what would be done with them but on a fridge or file cabinet? Heck yeah

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Loving Saturday morning Lucario back there.

E: also, Sent, show me how big that Magikarp hat is! I need to know if it'll fit my ungainly head.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I want that goose though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

Touhou is one of those franchises that seems to have tons of fan content (games and otherwise).

Is there any real starting point for Touhou? I'd would think the original schmup games, but I'm not the biggest shmup fan. I think I remember saving this game to my wishlist on Steam, but it looks like it's pretty difficult.
You can just start with anything that looks interesting. A lot of the plot and 'lore' is in the manga and official books, so you can look those up if you want ideas of who characters are, but you can just play fangames contextless if you want. There's a ton of fan content out there but a lot of it plays so fast and loose with stuff that it's not really like they're all taking things in any real consistent direction, so fangames kind of form their own context based on how they interpret stuff. Luna Nights is a fun play, I adore Fantasy Maiden Wars if that ever gets an official english release. You could give one of the shmups a try just because they're pretty short? There's lots of fun quick action games you can give a shot too, like Touhou Mystical Chain.

On the other hand the touhou manga are actually pretty good so they're worth a read just on their own. But yeah, there's no real official starting point, just engage with stuff you find interesting and you can poke around for context as you want it.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I heard someone say that Celeste is the hardest game that anyone can beat, and I think that’s true. It’s hard, but really forgiving. Generous checkpoints and overall very fair.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Did the song title say that was... Bravoman? I didn't know anyone knew that game existed besides me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kinky

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
This dude's couch may as well not even exist what the gently caress

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like when the two pacmans come together on a string of dots like lady and the tramp eatin spaghettis

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

The Castle of Dragon run is a fun watch.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

You don't wanna see what he does with the power pellets when he catches Pac-Man.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, I'll use this opportunity to make some dinner, catch you up with MMX4.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shadow225 posted:

Most of this day is looking pretty dire to me.

We're getting Mega Man X and TASbot today, you're nuts.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
You need to see the wild animal sports run.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

We're getting Mega Man X and TASbot today, you're nuts.

eh, all the X games beyond X1 bore the hell out of me, so between that and 4 hours of pokemon it looks like I'll be catching up on vods over the next 7 hours.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Today is all gold after Pokemon

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

excited to see my old friends, the megaman x4 boss intros

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

excited to see my old friends, the megaman x4 boss intros

hell yes

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Another one of these, why?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

man the text in this game does not look great when blown up

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

dudeness posted:

They're absurdly popular and bring in tons of donations

Yes it seems bizarre to me too but they're giving the people what they want

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

dudeness posted:

Pokémon is Money, Baby

This is a solid Friday afternoon background noise run, I might actually get some work done before I leave the office today.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

You need to see the wild animal sports run.

Oh god yes, the Wild Animal Sports Run is gold.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Regy Rusty posted:

They're absurdly popular and bring in tons of donations

Yes it seems bizarre to me too but they're giving the people what they want

JethroMcB posted:

Pokémon is Money, Baby

This is a solid Friday afternoon background noise run, I might actually get some work done before I leave the office today.

Oh well in that case I don't mind.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I quickly glanced at the stream and thought it was Punchy playing Pokemon.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Wireless communication is currently disabled.
Pleas push the wireless switch to enable
wireless communication.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yesssss got the crowd doing the stadium chanting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNdyIaHXS0E&t=172s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008
Only 20 minutes in, but so far the runner, couch, and crowd are all on point.