Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the_steve posted:

Legit, how funny/sad would it be if Biden's campaign didn't manage to register for whatever reason?

It would be the opposite of sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It works be sad that they'd hold a meeting and give him half the delegates later just like they did for Obama in 2008 when he didn't run in Michigan (cause they told him not to, that wasn't his fault, but still that's what they're gonna do)

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Campaigns rarely handle the filings themselves. They’re all outsourced (usually to registered agent companies). A campaign not registering is generally the agents fault.

I handled most of the Dem filings in the 3016 campaigns. Missing a deadline isn’t the end of the world. These companies have enough sway with state governments to get things corrected

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

Ungratek posted:

Campaigns rarely handle the filings themselves. They’re all outsourced (usually to registered agent companies). A campaign not registering is generally the agents fault.

I handled most of the Dem filings in the 3016 campaigns. Missing a deadline isn’t the end of the world. These companies have enough sway with state governments to get things corrected

It's a sign of a poorly managed campaign if they don't have people on top of this stuff filing way before the deadline, whether it's through a third party or not.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Ungratek posted:

Unless you're Yang in Ohio

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Ungratek posted:

Well, if there're campaigns I guess we survived climate change, so that's good. Hearing that the dems still exist is a little weird tho.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

It's a sign of a poorly managed campaign if they don't have people on top of this stuff filing way before the deadline, whether it's through a third party or not.

Sure, if the law firm they’re using that hired the agent keeps them correctly appraised of the situation. Which law firms aren’t exactly forthcoming with.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1215689209685651456?s=19

Who's still in among the no-hopers? There's Booker, Gabbard, and I think Delaney is still hanging around?

And do we think Pete drops after Super Tuesday if he's in a distant third or fourth or does he stay in to soak up as many delegates as possible? I think Warren might drop if she can't actually win but I think Pete will stay in as long as he has the cash.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
bad news, drama fans

https://twitter.com/WinWithJMC/status/1215707618028683264

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Poor, forgetful Joe. He waited until the last minute.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Who's still in among the no-hopers? There's Booker, Gabbard, and I think Delaney is still hanging around?

Michael Bennet and Deval Patrick. Also Bloomberg and Yang but they both have a chance of getting at least one delegate and somehow ending up as the compromise candidate.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 10, 2020

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
Hadn't seen this before. From https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/miriamelder/donald-trump-bernie-sanders-2020

quote:

Trump mentioned other candidates at the rally, including Elizabeth Warren, Pete Buttigieg, and Biden. He issued a lengthy tirade on the former vice president's son, Hunter Biden. “I’ll tell you — I sort of hope it’s Joe,” he said. “Because he will hear ‘Where is Hunter?’ every single debate, nine times a debate.”

Trump is absolutely telling the truth here. Ukraine stuff would definitely bring down Biden's campaign. Emails 2020.

Built 4 Cuban Linux fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 10, 2020

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Biden would absolutely get destroyed in the most childish way possible.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
When does that Iowa poll come out? I thought it was today

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I never thought the poll watching was this literal.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

oxsnard posted:

When does that Iowa poll come out? I thought it was today

About an hour

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
post your dmr predictions

1. buttigieg 2. bernie 3. biden 4. warren 5. klobuchar 6. steyer

everyone else below 2%

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

everyone else below 2%

They'll have Buttigieg winning the under 30 vote and it'll generate a thirty page derail about poll validity.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

everyone else below 2%
Random rear end guesses
1 Pete
2 Warren
3 Bernie
4 Biden
5 steyer
6 klob

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Butterbar
Larry
Biden
Klob

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

1. Pete
2. Biden
3. Warren
4. Bernie
5. Klob

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

1. Klob
2. Yang
3. Bernie
4. Delaney
5. Biden

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

everyone else below 2%

Bernie wins since he surged on PredictIt suggesting a leak, and because (cynically, I have no idea when is normal) this poll is being released in the Friday night news dump zone where you bury things you don’t want people to see.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

bernie
pete
biden
warren

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
This guy usually scoops the Register poll:

https://twitter.com/ArjavRawal/status/1215765101975785472

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Bernie wins since he surged on PredictIt suggesting a leak, and because (cynically, I have no idea when is normal) this poll is being released in the Friday night news dump zone where you bury things you don’t want people to see.

predictit surges for no reason all the time, that said:

this guy got the poll before so who knows

efb

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

looks like bernie is going to win huh

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
drat, that's pretty great for Bernie

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

kidkissinger posted:

looks like bernie is going to win huh

Nancy Pelosi sent the impeachment to the Senate. Hopefully they just dismiss it quickly.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

predictit surges for no reason all the time, that said:

this guy got the poll before so who knows

efb

if accurate that's great

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

here we go

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bernie 1st, biden 4th is the absolute best possible thing

going to lmao my rear end off if biden ends up below the 15% threshhold in iowa

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
drat, that's fantastic news

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lol @ the Butt

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Polls are good again!

And that is a bad spot for Biden to be in. If it's accurate he's going to be limping into South Carolina.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

There's your msm talking point

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Who the goddamn gently caress is actively considering Tom Steyer

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Actively considering is softer than Pete's usual support. They're going to go with whomever is leading in polls, and that's going to be Bernie. No time to pick it back up with less than a month to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Aggro posted:

Who the goddamn gently caress is actively considering Tom Steyer

Older folks seeing his ads every 30 seconds who also aren't particularly engaged otherwise.