Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

If only there was a place that I could walk my dog and do outdoor exercises.

Uh she said "safely", obviously she doesn't mean public parks, those might have homeless people in them :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

bike tory posted:

Yeah ramps are a really important part of public transport access. But you also throw in a direct flight of stairs because loving no able bodied person is going to use that overbridge.

San Diego had a similar expensive bridge scandal, but they managed the accessibility problem by just adding elevators to either end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbor_Drive_Pedestrian_Bridge

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Ugato posted:

the ramp is long and winding because of the height of the bridge and a gradual slope is the only way to make it handicap accessible

but otherwise basically this

What's wrong with stairs and a small lift?
That's how most bridges across the tracks at train stations are made handicap accessible.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Weembles posted:

San Diego had a similar expensive bridge scandal, but they managed the accessibility problem by just adding elevators to either end.

Yeah that's what a lot of places do to solve accessibility problems. Lifts are expensive to maintain though.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

a new study bible! posted:

If only there was a place that I could walk my dog and do outdoor exercises.

but in a way that lets me show a poor person just how much better than them i am

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I bet anyone who uses a "private back yard as a service" thing would let their dog poo poo everywhere and then not clean it up too

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
a lift/elevator is going to cause a lot of traffic jams so probably not the best idea when you’re only ever worried about thousands of people entering/leaving a place around the same time. if this were just a general crossing bridge - not specifically one for a stadium - yeah, that would make a lot more sense.

also they do have stairs and I’d guess people would complain a little less if they had noticed them or the bridge just had no ramp

the other side is less defensible. the ramp could stand with stairs on the other side but I’m assuming whatever that poo poo is at the top is blocking it. whatever that is doesn’t appear to be necessary. it was very possibly done trying to direct flow of traffic since the ramp entrance runs alongside that large walk area.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Weembles posted:

Still significantly less expensive and longer than this bridge.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ugato posted:

also they do have stairs and I’d guess people would complain a little less if they had noticed them or the bridge just had no ramp

Actually putting stairs half-way up the ramp on only one side makes me more upset thanks

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
those stairs are across from the metro station, presumably most of the foot traffic would be going that way and not back towards the stadium they just left

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Shame Boy posted:

Actually putting stairs half-way up the ramp on only one side makes me more upset thanks

the Marta station entrance is right by those stairs, so they're a shortcut. the rest of the ramp barely gets any traffic, just people who can't use stairs or miss them.

the whole area is a weird clusterfuck of height changes and poo poo too.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ugato posted:

the other side is less defensible. the ramp could stand with stairs on the other side but I’m assuming whatever that poo poo is at the top is blocking it. whatever that is doesn’t appear to be necessary. it was very possibly done trying to direct flow of traffic since the ramp entrance runs alongside that large walk area.

the little thing this arrow points at is a ramp up from a lower HOME DEPOT BACKYARD thing with grass lots to park your truck on and bust out the grill before games

I'm not kidding

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
There's a whole bunch of cross walks north and south of there lol it's all pointless.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I will definitely agree there should be a second staircase on the parking lot side and I am about 90% certain they couldn’t make it the same design as the ones already there without making the stairs take up an absurd amount of space. so that was thrown out and a compact, simple stairwell near the tunnel portion opening wasn’t even considered

aesthetics

Ugato has issued a correction as of 21:08 on Jan 10, 2020

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Do you have stairs in your ramp?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1215284874749399040
:guillotine: for now...

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Turns out you can buy happiness, and you can also buy other people's sadness, which makes you that much more happy in comparison, win/win!

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

I always read it Funny Ordie, like some guy named Ordie who was real funny made the site as his personal homepage.

That's my post thanks for reading.

I thought I was the only one!

bike tory posted:

Yeah ramps are a really important part of public transport access. But you also throw in a direct flight of stairs because loving no able bodied person is going to use that overbridge.

Spiral ramps are pretty common at sports stadiums for crowd flow reasons, which is probably the rationale here too.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/status/1215699879122440193

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If we eat them we can gain their powers of satisfaction.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Not sure how it was working for every media company, but Facebook was actually funding some of the video content for the company I worked with when they approached us with The Deal.

It was 100% obvious within a month that FB didn't give a gently caress about the program and wouldn't be extending the funding beyond the initial deal, but by that point the company had already pivoted, poured their capital into production and couldn't back out. but that initial offering of money and facebook ad funbucks made exec eyes light up at the thought of offloading costs of production in return for sweet sweet rewards that would somehow show up even though there was literally no monetization mechanism in place.

Like many others, that company has gone bankrupt, but it was a lovely little business in the first place so I don't miss it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Chomp8645 posted:

If we eat them we can gain their powers of satisfaction.

We'd at least gain their powers of satiation.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

capitalism working as intended

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/10/business/boeing-dennis-muilenburg-severance.html

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Do they do a camo-print version for guys with extra small dicks?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I love my now husband, he's way better than my then husband

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

https://theoutline.com/post/7670/wedding-rings-for-men-manly-bands

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The marketing is rear end but those look pretty cool imo. Better than the generic gold band

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah some of those are cool but poo poo it would be embarrassing for anyone to find out where you got it

Hey nice ring where'd you get it

Uhhhhhhhhh I found it in a dumpster behind the my Little pony store (whew that was way less embarrassing)

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
All of those are ugly as hell, what are you guys talking about.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tungsten rings with those kinds of designs have been around for a long time, and cost way less than they're charging. Then again, why get these things for $25 when you can pay $300 for one called THE THIN BLUE LINE ALL LIVES MATTER EDITION SECOND AMENDMENT RING or w/e

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Lambert posted:

All of those are ugly as hell, what are you guys talking about.

that "buffalo" (lol) one looks okay but the others yeah

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if they really want to make sales they should sell ones with nfl team logos on them

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Sick, can I get one with a Punisher skull/Gadsden flag design

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

if they really want to make sales they should sell ones with nfl team logos on them

I think wedding bands like that exist

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I pledge servility to the flag, of the United Shits of Corpmerica, and to the repukelic, for bitch it stands, one nashit, under Jesus, with liberty and justice for some.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

walking down the aisle to the hate amerikkka beat

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

ordering my blue lives matter ring as we speak

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm getting a goatse ring if I ever propose (which lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

T-man posted:

I'm getting a goatse ring if I ever propose (which lol)

Got ya covered.