Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Lol at the royal family

but also lol at wondering why anyone would want to step away from the toxicity of the media

also prince andrews wandering sweaty hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Camrath posted:

Apropos of nothing, what’s the word on the next Praxiscast? Seem to recall mention of it last week but nothing so far.

There'll be one out next week sometime, I think there's recordings tomorrow, so it could be early next week.
We should now be back on a somewhat regular schedule

spiderbot
Oct 21, 2012

Camrath posted:

To celebrate I’m going to cook me up some experimental fudge. I’m thinking marmite flavour- given it basically tastes of salt and umami it should synergise quite well with the sweetness, like my Sea Salt line.

I'd buy marmite fudge! Could you make a sort of toast like flavour to go with it by using burnt sugar or something similar?

(Mostly posting to try and find my user ID so I can vote)

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

spiderbot posted:

I'd buy marmite fudge! Could you make a sort of toast like flavour to go with it by using burnt sugar or something similar?

(Mostly posting to try and find my user ID so I can vote)

That’s a really good idea, but I’ll need to think some more on how to pull it off. Thanks. :)

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Stormont's back - both SF and the SDLP confirmed they have accepted the agreement and will enter government with the DUP.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is it the agreement that's caused it do you think or is the shifting support to nationalist parties making people a bit nervous about having no functional assembly?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Went to the shop. Wall to wall Harry and Meghan. Should Corbyn take the opportunity of this distraction to announce he's standing? Iirc current leader doesn't need nominations.

Ed: I'm joking btw.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 10, 2020

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Went to the shop. Wall to wall Harry and Meghan. Should Corbyn take the opportunity of this distraction to announce he's standing? Iirc current leader doesn't need nominations.

He doesn't want to and he said he would step down already, this is a terrible idea

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Wall to wall Harry and Meghan.
:hmmyes:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The DUP are in a very uncomfortable position right now. They had no need to bring back Stormont because of their C&S agreement in Westminster. However, now that Boris doesn't need them, their decision to not re-establish the executive leading to legalisation of abortion and equal marriage in the province, along with successive poor showings in elections, they are better off with their results from an election 3 years ago than anything they would get in a snap election being called.

The DUP need to spend some time establishing themselves as a party which actually does something for the next few years, because their current course is only hurting them. That's why an agreement has been made so quick after the December General Election.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Is it the agreement that's caused it do you think or is the shifting support to nationalist parties making people a bit nervous about having no functional assembly?

SF lost a higher percentage at the general election than the DUP - they want an assembly back up and running also as their electorate have also begun to lose patience

Also there is an election coming south of the border soonish and they definately want the assembly back up and running before then so FF/FG can't hit them with that

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

SF lost a higher percentage at the general election than the DUP - they want an assembly back up and running also as their electorate have also begin to lose patience

Also there is an election coming south of the border soonish and they definately want the assembly back up and running before then so FF/FG can't hit them with that

Fair enough, I figured people must be getting a bit sick of them at this point.

Hopefully it can hold together long enough to do anything.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Purple Prince posted:

He doesn't want to and he said he would step down already, this is a terrible idea

I'm jesting.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm voting for that nice Count Nybroc who definitely doesn't have a beard and also isn't really a Count because they can't sit in the commons.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

kustomkarkommando posted:

This is a very important point. Both main parties and parts of the media have been attacking SF on the basis that they run in three different elections (ROI/NI/GB) and are in government in none of them (ignoring the fact that both FF and FG have ruled out working with SF, the NI executive is a little more complicated than a Westminster majority system, and the party has a reasonable absentee policy for Westminster)

This has impacted the SF vote south of the border. A few years ago they were polling on a near even level with FF and FG. They're still a reasonable third place, but not not as strong as they could be. They did not do well in the recent Presidential election, though turnout for that was lower than normal and most people were generally content with the sitting President. It was actually the first time in 50 years that an incumbent running for re-election was actually contested - normally nobody wants to take that fight because how how inconsequential the office of President is.

Sinn Fein also didn't do well in the local elections, losing a lot of ground in urban areas to the Greens, and lost a decent left voice of Lynn Boylan in the EU elections.

A lot of people, especially here on the border where their support tends to be a little bit stronger, will openly criticise the party because of their lack of involvement in the North. The general belief is that they are getting paid the full MLA salary for doing nothing. It isn't exactly true, but it is enough to make people look elsewhere when voting.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Count Nybroc is not a vampire, or rather he has a rare form of vampirism where he eats the rich and the ejects black puddings at high velocity at people who are hungry.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

Count Nybroc is not a vampire, or rather he has a rare form of vampirism where he eats the rich and the ejects black puddings at high velocity at people who are hungry.

Gross.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Black Pudding High Velocity

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Given Meghan's background as a confident, successful person in her own right, I never thought she'd last in the Royal Family. Congrats on managing to drag poor Harry to freedom along with her, though.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

OwlFancier posted:

He feeds them black pudding in liquid form like a mommy bird.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

MEATY GOONS

I am moving to London (Barking) this/next month. As part of my reconnaissance I will be in London next Saturday the 18th; myself and some goon cronies will be meeting up at this place at 2pm for beers and chat and possibly arranging a regular D&D or other roleplaying game once I've moved; any comrades from this thread who want to meet goons in that scary real life thing are welcome to come along too.

I can assure you that definitely nobody was killed, harvested for their organs and eaten the last time I arranged a goonmeet :wotwot:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

feedmegin posted:

MEATY GOONS

I am moving to London (Barking) this/next month. As part of my reconnaissance I will be in London next Saturday the 18th; myself and some goon cronies will be meeting up at this place at 2pm for beers and chat and possibly arranging a regular D&D or other roleplaying game once I've moved; any comrades from this thread who want to meet goons in that scary real life thing are welcome to come along too.

I can assure you that definitely nobody was killed, harvested for their organs and eaten the last time I arranged a goonmeet :wotwot:

"getting a lot of questions that were already answered by my 'I definitely didn't kill someone, harvest their organs, and eay them' t-shirt"

Miftan fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 10, 2020

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Miftan posted:

"getting a lot of questions that were already answered by my 'I definitely didn't kill someone, harvested their organs, and ate them' t-shirt"

Just make sure you dont harvest the liver, you'll want that with some fava beans and a nice chianti. :chef:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just make sure you stop taking any psychiatric medications at least 36 hours beforehand.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

feedmegin posted:

Just make sure you dont harvest the liver, you'll want that with some fava beans and a nice chianti. :chef:

Man what the gently caress did I do with the grammar in the post

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Awhhh, I'd love to, but unfortunately I am working during the day then.

If you are at all interested in D&D I am very much down for that!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Miftan posted:

Man what the gently caress did I do with the grammar in the post

Sent it second class, presumably.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 10, 2020

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Sent it second class, presumably.

Look at Mr. Moneybags here who can send his grammar first class. La dee da! You'll be first up against the wall, pal.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

All I'm saying is it clearly arrived later than the rest of the post so use the same stamp for both.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Josef bugman posted:

Awhhh, I'd love to, but unfortunately I am working during the day then.

If you are at all interested in D&D I am very much down for that!

I used to go to a local D&D group in Abingdon until a couple of years ago but haven't really found a game since I moved first to Loughborough and then Cambridge. I am going to Sort This Out by starting my own game! Possibly D&D, possibly another system (kind of like the idea of a Dark Heresy game for instance) depending on what people are keen on. Probably playing every week or every two weeks, probably on a weekend day because people have work and stuff? But it's all a bit up in the air at the moment. So, yes, players definitely welcome once I've figured all this out.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

feedmegin posted:

I used to go to a local D&D group in Abingdon until a couple of years ago but haven't really found a game since I moved first to Loughborough and then Cambridge. I am going to Sort This Out by starting my own game! Possibly D&D, possibly another system (kind of like the idea of a Dark Heresy game for instance) depending on what people are keen on. Probably playing every week or every two weeks, probably on a weekend day because people have work and stuff? But it's all a bit up in the air at the moment. So, yes, players definitely welcome once I've figured all this out.

Eee!

I have a load of books and can help out/run things if folks want!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

UKMT RPG should surely be something like eclipse phase.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Lancer. Lancer should be the UKMT RPG.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

FATAL surely.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Z the IVth posted:

FATAL surely.
Roll for beans baby!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean a game where everyone's in space but only because 90% of the population got obliterated by rogue AI's when earth was rendered uninhabitable and now the survivors are all in wild transhuman bodies and have to deal with the existential horror of being theoretically immortal and/or accidentally cloned through backup copies of their persona and also potentially consigned to a hell existence as a disembodied consciousness because the space capitalist parts of the solar system demand artificial restriction of the supply of robobodies and the space anarchists don't have the capacity to produce endless numbers of them. That seems extremely on brand for UKMT.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Or serenity RPG but with the alt-whedonverse theory where buffy / angel / cabin in the woods & firefly are all part of the same continuity?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

OwlFancier posted:

I mean a game where everyone's in space but only because 90% of the population got obliterated by rogue AI's when earth was rendered uninhabitable and now the survivors are all in wild transhuman bodies and have to deal with the existential horror of being theoretically immortal and/or accidentally cloned through backup copies of their persona and also potentially consigned to a hell existence as a disembodied consciousness because the space capitalist parts of the solar system demand artificial restriction of the supply of robobodies and the space anarchists don't have the capacity to produce endless numbers of them. That seems extremely on brand for UKMT.

oi I know what you're up to buddy yes it was a great game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The only parts of that I am familiar with are buffy and angel, alas.

The plot of eclipse phase is basically earth was destroyed by AIs and now transhumanity is scattered across the solar system, with various different sociopolitical structures controlling different parts of it. Everyone can go in basically any body (morph) they get their hands on but it turns out humans aren't entirely designed to be entirely detatched consciousnesses and there's a whole bunch of room for you to incur massive sanity problems from the poo poo you'll see because technology basically far exceeds the boundaries of human mental stability.

I guess I'd describe it as "what if call of cthulhu but cthulhu woz robots" and also some SCP poo poo with memetic hazards and also someone dumped the UKMT reading list into the mix and also it's gay as hell.

Humanity is both simultaneously way more cool than it is today but also it's under threat from every source imaginable from its own internal political problems to the AIs that destroyed earth to aliens. I think my first exposure to it was a team of players woke up out of cryosleep into a deserted station, eventually figuring out that they were actually backups because their previous morphs had been killed by a rogue AI that then basically brainjacked their bodies and they had to kill their previous copies, with lots of sanity loss in the process. Then there was the other one where one of the PC's managed to make everyone else roll sanity by playing as a cloud of robotic bugs that killed people by eating them from the inside out.

https://twitter.com/EclipsePhase/status/1212470011207602177

Yes you can play as an uplifted cyberoctopus or a human in an african grey parrot body.

Oh and it's also creative commons for the PDF version I think.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 10, 2020