Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
in order to succeed, you need to throw yourself at failure and miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Literally a far far better technology exists and has been running at Pittsburgh International Airport for over 20 years lol. Or hell any airport. I remember seeing one at Miami airport. Probably a little slower, around 40mph? But jesus christ it's just a mile.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Look, I haven't seen you build any car tunnels, which means you have no right to criticize this.

Read my lips - PROTOTYPE. Have you traveled to the future? No? Then LAST I CHECKED you have no way of knowing that a revolutionary hyperloop that lets you travel Mach 4 won't be derived from this tunnel.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lmfao 50 mph in one lane traffic with a stop .4 miles away sounds very optimistic

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

Star Man posted:

I refuse to believe that Elon Musk has ever had sex.

how hard could it be to put a tube into a cave

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmfao 50 mph in one lane traffic with a stop .4 miles away sounds very optimistic

yeah i swear these people have never considered if the tunnel is actually popular

"let's put down tunnels to fix traffic!"
"what if the tunnels experience traffic tho"
"DISRUPTION"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah i swear these people have never considered

Let me stop you right there

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

it's moe on the lie detector only at the end of it they give him 50 mil for being a cool guy

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

someone on my block bought a tesla but doesn't charge it at home since its street parking, so I guess he just drives to the supercharger once a week, sits there for 30 minutes to charge up (while damaging his battery), and then congratulates himself for beating the system? I don't understand this, at all. isn't home charging like 75% of the appeal of this dumb car?

Nah redditors who currently drive a 1998 Civic are all convinced that the free supercharging will save them enough to offset their $60,000 purchase price over their old car that had no payment and $40/mo liability insurance.

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!

MunchE posted:

Nah redditors who currently drive a 1998 Civic are all convinced that the free supercharging will save them enough to offset their $60,000 purchase price over their old car that had no payment and $40/mo liability insurance.

I loved it when they started asking honestly, "Why are people still buying Corollas and Civics!? Its only like $20,000 more for a Tesla Model 3 and you'll save that much in fuel somehow!"

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

I know we already made the jokes about how Elon just invented a lovely subway. But holy poo poo he really did just invent a lovely subway.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Okan170 posted:

I loved it when they started asking honestly, "Why are people still buying Corollas and Civics!? Its only like $20,000 more for a Tesla Model 3 and you'll save that much in fuel somehow!"

Back during the recession Dodge had some gimmick where they promised to pay you back the difference for whatever you paid over $3 or $4 a gallon for gas. I laughed hard knowing that it would work on people when even the the quickest napkin math could tell you if it was worth it or not

But I guess this was the time when people were buying brand new cars specifically to save money on gas

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

baka kaba posted:

Musk is gonna go down in history as an inspirational genius renaissance man who everybody loved

SA is archived in the LoC so any dedicated Musketeers will eventually come upon our heresy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Has anyone said "Cybrbby" yet?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Admiral Ray posted:

folks i'm starting to think that tesla won't fail and i don't like it.
ponzi schemes have an in-built failure mechanism

well, unless the government steps in and says the ponzi scheme isnt allowed to fail i guess

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Admiral Ray posted:

folks i'm starting to think that tesla won't fail and i don't like it.

Only the obvious catastrophes like WeWork fail.

The hidden catastrophes will never fail because, and most people can't comprehend, of how many billions of investment dollars are sloshing around with nothing better to do that prop up the repulsive ideas of the 1%

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

If only we could engineer a situation in which a trillionaire puts their money in the back seat but is unable to open the door and save it following a power failure

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Captain Hygiene posted:

If only we could engineer a situation in which a trillionaire puts their money in the back seat but is unable to open the door and save it following a power failure

:hmmyes: Less dollars in circulation make the ones I have more valuable. The guillotine actively redistributes wealth as it destroys the wealthy.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

the thing is he didnt just reinvent the subway, he actively made the subway worse by reintroducing problems that were solved literally hundreds of years ago (like, not having an emergency exit)

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Just be thankfull he never read Caves of Steel, or he's be trying to force people onto 40mph moving walkways.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Is there a website or anything that summarises musk's shittiness?

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Roblo posted:

https://www.tesla.com/

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Roblo posted:

https://www.tesladeaths.com

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Roblo posted:

Oh yeah

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
https://elonmusk.today/

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
I hope musk adjacent stuff is fine for this thread because while not as bad as Musk himself i think it fits in with the thread

For those that dont remember Yusaku is the japanese millionaire that basically bankrolled Starships construction in exchange for a ride around the moon. Also hes looking for six to eight artists to join him, to inspire them and promote world peace.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Communist Zombie posted:

I hope musk adjacent stuff is fine for this thread because while not as bad as Musk himself i think it fits in with the thread

The SpaceSex thread

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

musk retweeted that inbetween promoting the fact that his cars now have the long anticipated exterior fart mode

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

baka kaba posted:

musk retweeted that inbetween promoting the fact that his cars now have the long anticipated exterior fart mode

no wonder the stock hit $500 today

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Will the spaceship fart at launch?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

it sure will plus elon will colour all the water vapour green - like a fart in cartoons!!

so glad he's gonna cure blindness with neuralink soon, because it's sure gonna suck for visually impaired people trying to navigate the streets safely just surrounded by farts and movie quotes and whatever. gonna be hard to dodge the autopilots doing donuts across the sidewalk when they're blaring monty python songs like a rotary speaker

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
It's crazy how even with all this extra time the cyber truck still has not finished rendering.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

i hope that 'musk' becomes a verb to describe "reinventing" something by making it worse

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Exinos posted:

It's crazy how even with all this extra time the cyber truck still has not finished rendering.

did you hit tilde to bring down the console? you might be missing the .wad with the full-resolution graphics

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

serious question is there any agency that is reviewing and approving tesla's self driving bullshit? because he keeps saying poo poo like

quote:

Yeah, feature-complete, I mean, it’s the car able to drive from one’s house to work, most likely without interventions. So it will still be supervised, but it will be able to drive — it will fill in the gap from low-speed autonomy with Summon. You’ve got high-speed autonomy on the highway, and intermediate speed autonomy, which really just means traffic lights and stop signs.

is he just gonna push that out as an update? with no supervision?

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

serious question is there any agency that is reviewing and approving tesla's self driving bullshit? because he keeps saying poo poo like

America has insanely weak regulation after years of starvation by governments beholden to the interests of capital, which is what the 737 MAX8 story should also tell you. So uhh good luck? Because a billionaire or huge corporation can literally kill you and get away scot-free.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
we need Upton Sinclair 3.0 asap

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

who's going to stop him?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQS7CMyzvDE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GrahamStarr/status/1216831014829510657

Pedo guy