Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

C'mon like China wants a bunch of communists right next door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Krazyface posted:

i mean, imagine if she'd just lost to marco rubio or something, that would just be lame

I've always found it funny that libs never had the moment I had that night where it wasn't only that Hillary just lost to Donald loving Trump, but it was therefore obvious that she would've lost to literally anybody.

I mean everyone with a brain instantly realized that "Bernie would've won" but the corollary that any other republican would've also won is something that no one talks about but is completely obviously true.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm not certain Hillary would've lost to any other Republican in 2016.

But I'm certain she'd lose to Turbohitler as the Republican nominee in 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

There is no way a bunch of people who turned out for Trump would have for Carson, even if it meant stopping Hillary.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
drat... time flies

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Disgusting

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Remember when someone found that video of AOC dancing and thought it would be super embarrassing for her

And then a bunch of succs like Kamala tried to imitate that but forgot to have A Personality

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Oh, also: chuds convinced antifa supersoldiers were going to enact The Purge because of one shitpost

Also also: WeWork

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Mattis being on the Theranos board

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Daikloktos posted:

drat... time flies

I was surprised to find that tweet has never been deleted. I don't know who Leah McElrath is but she is incapable of shame.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

cool dance moves posted:

And then a bunch of succs like Kamala tried to imitate that but forgot to have A Personality

/laughs way too hard for what is going on

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

baaaaahahahahahahaha

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid has issued a correction as of 18:41 on Jan 10, 2020

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Pow Wow Chow

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
an entire generation of dems acting like the president using his position to sleep with young female subordinates isn't a big deal

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

thanks for reminding me livestrong bracelets were a thing

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Plank Walker posted:

thanks for reminding me livestrong bracelets were a thing

my 8 yo has started wearing scrunchies with a backup on her wrist lately

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Azathoth posted:

every shitlib who rolled their eyes at chuds calling obama barfsack ocrumbo now call trump drumpf or cheeto without a hint of self-awareness

There's an entire thread of those people here spamming that as fast as they can lol

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

LastInLine posted:

The communists run Nepal now and China doesn't seem to mind.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flavius Aetass posted:

an entire generation of dems acting like the president using his position to sleep with young female subordinates isn't a big deal

let's move on. . .

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

It was ok for JFK to do it because he said he got migraines if he didn't gently caress 3 times a day and we can't have the president getting debilitated by migraines all the time

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Minecraft Holmes posted:

It was ok for JFK to do it because he said he got migraines if he didn't gently caress 3 times a day and we can't have the president getting debilitated by migraines all the time

Luckily, as with all medicine, a more permanent solution for his headaches was found eventually.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
Lee Harvey Oswald making one of the sickest headshots in human history with a surplus Italian rifle.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Zoran posted:

looked this up and wiki says he was right-handed but shot himself in the left temple, and they did no forensic analysis whatsoever, so that's hilarious too

and that two bullets were found to be lodged in the temple instead of one. the uncle who lived was conveniently not at the party, and while two different family lines were completely decimated, his children and immediate family lived.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StashAugustine posted:

Andrea Dworkin threatened to murder Allen Ginsburg for hitting on her underage nephew

Allen Ginsburg being a card carrying member of NAMBLA

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Flavius Aetass posted:

once upon a time that was just a job perk

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Remember when Hillary said Ronald and Nancy Reagan started the national conversation about AIDS

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Remember when Hillary said Ronald and Nancy Reagan started the national conversation about AIDS

technically correct, the best kind of correct

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
bush jr choked on a pretzel and passed out briefly a couple months after 9/11

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

That one billionaire who died getting dick surgery

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/kaylatausche/status/880466487735091201

i think this was in response to trump dragging that lady that got a facelift

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

bush jr choked on a pretzel and passed out briefly a couple months after 9/11

he was black out drunk. the pretzel was a cover

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

DoubleDonut posted:

I'm not certain Hillary would've lost to any other Republican in 2016.

But I'm certain she'd lose to Turbohitler as the Republican nominee in 2020

She would've beat Carson and Jeb, but just about anybody else would have crushed her. I really think Rubio especially would have beaten her by like ten points.

Has there ever been a finance/expectation to results differential like we saw with JEB! before?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

She would've beat Carson and Jeb, but just about anybody else would have crushed her. I really think Rubio especially would have beaten her by like ten points.

Has there ever been a finance/expectation to results differential like we saw with JEB! before?

Theranos

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

One More Fat Nerd posted:

There really hasn't, but it's worth pointing out that the way we do primaries and caucuses is really different from how it's worked historically. Every state holding a primary or caucus didn't become a thing until the 70s, for both parties, and it wasn't until the 80s that the nominee was guaranteed to be known before the conventions.

The only real example I can think of is Gary Hart, who just barely lost the 1984 primary, then was the front-runner for 1988 until he got caught cheating on his wife. There's probably better examples, but none where the media and party elites tried to push a candidate like Jeb! only to have the primary activist base reject them so completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LastInLine posted:

"wow, it's really annoying when it's someone else"