Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
White Chain is gonna beat Allicio's rear end a bit and then job completely to Salami Dave. Allicio fights desperately to escape as Dave starts loving them up with Kung Fu bullshit.

B-Team pulls the ripcord and escapes, Allicio gives everything in one last flurry then wills themselves away.

Salami Dave is left in the ruins. Some schmuck is like "Paternum...?" Frame pivots and we see that he's been scratched by Allicio's final desperate attack. There's a single drop of blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mindblast posted:

If it were impossible you wouldn't need a rule tho... :thunk:

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-3-57/

It says the old law "stops" them from welding it, suggesting not just that they aren't allowed to, but can't. But I'm just guessing that - it'd certainly be interesting to see what happens if one tried, I suppose.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Joe Slowboat posted:

White Chain is really pretending that the Thorns won't immediately kill Allison when she hands off the key.

Also, continues to make the exact opposite criticism of Allison from the reasonable one (that she's a reckless idiot who doesn't think before trying to play hero).

Yeah, what possible reason does Allison have for relinquishing the key? Everyone is going to try to kill her of she has it or not, it's the only thing keeping her alive.

I do not like white chain and I hope she explodes.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

That and she has it on good authority that she's the real heir.

That said, I just think Allison doesn't have a plan beyond "rescue Zaid". She's committed to this life, whichever way it takes her, but that's all she's decided so far.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Still :tinfoil: regarding the thing that will happen that will supposedly make us all buttmad! This page makes me wonder if white chain's body bites it, but not without straight up murdernating Cio.

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

white chain using ancient demon slaying arts on her best friend owns so much

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1215993645201088512?s=19

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

really israel could slaughter all these children without our help, I just didn't want to miss out on the chance to participate
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-4-29/

It just struck me.

This is Maya he's talking about, isn't it? Maya is the actual demiurge. I only just connected all the pieces of her history with Incubus. It's her throne, and she walked away from it. The others still think of her as the real demiurge, and Incubus as, like... an emissary of hers, in a way. Because she walked away.

I know I'm probably super late to the party on this realization, hah.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Seizon posted:

white chain using ancient demon slaying arts on her best friend owns so much

The funny bit is that Krayu Mat is nothing more than the appropriate tool for the job.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

GlyphGryph posted:

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-4-29/

It just struck me.

This is Maya he's talking about, isn't it? Maya is the actual demiurge. I only just connected all the pieces of her history with Incubus. It's her throne, and she walked away from it. The others still think of her as the real demiurge, and Incubus as, like... an emissary of hers, in a way. Because she walked away.

I know I'm probably super late to the party on this realization, hah.

Better late than never. Welcome

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Maya hasn't been seen in a while, hasn't she? She's probably not gonna show up until the next book.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

YaketySass posted:

Maya hasn't been seen in a while, hasn't she? She's probably not gonna show up until the next book.

Her backup band is here, so she's somewhere. Maya is the kind of person you aren't going to see until she decides to show herself.

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

The funny bit is that Krayu Mat is nothing more than the appropriate tool for the job.

its so good, i pity anyone reading through the books and missing the text

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

YaketySass posted:

I have a feeling Allison it going to have a chat with Maya before the book ends. Possibly even as a setup for the final book.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

wiegieman posted:

Her backup band is here, so she's somewhere. Maya is the kind of person you aren't going to see until she decides to show herself.

yeah i think it's extremely safe to assume she's watching all of this

i mean, unless she's pointedly not watching it because she's too cool to

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I love this series, hopefully Abaddon doesn't kill themselves the way that a lot of manga artists do.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I have a feeling Allison it going to have a chat with Maya before the book ends. Possibly even as a setup for the final book.

Oh man, in all the things that happened I completely forgot about Maya. She could be a sudden wrench in the works far more than any other character in this situation.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Krayu Mat is literally just the Kaio Ken

the coolest technique in DBZ

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Who What Now posted:

Krayu Mat is literally just the Kaio Ken

the coolest technique in DBZ

Instant Transmission is number one with a bullet and the only Watsonian reason it didn’t solve every problem forever is that Goku’s imagination is exactly as small as Toriyama’s.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

DrakePegasus posted:

Instant Transmission is number one with a bullet and the only Watsonian reason it didn’t solve every problem forever is that Goku’s imagination is exactly as small as Toriyama’s.

It didn't fix Cell.

Goku did end up killing a god and toppling their throne though

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Elfface posted:

"Last tournament some kid yelled about friendship for half an hour... This is much better."

lol

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

DrakePegasus posted:

Actually it's the Sun Flare into Kienzan combo nobody ever uses.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

DrakePegasus posted:

As a lifelong DB fan it really is infuriating to see so much low hanging fruit and so many clever twists just continuously left on the table by Toriyama because his brain is literally Goku's. Like, the entire future time travel plot in Super hinges on going back and forth in time, hoping that the future people can hold out in their fight until the heroes get back to the future, because for some reason no one thinks to travel to one second after they left. If they spend three ours in regular time, they travel back to three hours after they left when they return to the future and it's maddening

I'd honestly love to see what Dragon Ball would be like if the My Hero gang got to make it for a while, since that show actually does a decent job of exploring the various logical conclusions of powers and situations. Plus maybe they'd let the female characters do anything ever.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'd honestly love to see what Dragon Ball would be like if the My Hero gang got to make it for a while, since that show actually does a decent job of exploring the various logical conclusions of powers and situations. Plus maybe they'd let the female characters do anything ever.

Funny you should say that, because a lot of us over in the MHA anime thread are bitchin' because they assembled a bunch of female heroes for the big team-up event, and then didn't let them do anything while each of the male heroes got a full episode each, with significant flashbacks and everything. :doh:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The ladies in mha STILL get a lot more to do than in dragonball on average

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Loving the other angel just sitting there having a think.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I've found myself ever so slightly ahead of schedule on my conclusion comic (which is 30 pages because I'm a crazy person), so in the meantime enjoy:
Round 6 Prologue - A STUDY OF MARTIAN RESEARCH FLIGHTS

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You're getting pretty DELTA GREEN there. You fancy a night at the opera?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

SlimGoodbody posted:

As a lifelong DB fan it really is infuriating to see so much low hanging fruit and so many clever twists just continuously left on the table by Toriyama because his brain is literally Goku's. Like, the entire future time travel plot in Super hinges on going back and forth in time, hoping that the future people can hold out in their fight until the heroes get back to the future, because for some reason no one thinks to travel to one second after they left. If they spend three ours in regular time, they travel back to three hours after they left when they return to the future and it's maddening

Pretty sure with how DB time travel works doing that would just split the timeline again, so they wouldn't solve the problem at all. Especially since every time they did that they'd create more Zamasus that can travel between timelines.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Patware posted:

The ladies in mha STILL get a lot more to do than in dragonball on average

God you just made me think about how the new movies and super treated them. I don't think anyone got done dirty as bad as Videl though who gets pregnant and then her entire personality changes and she never does anything again.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Glagha posted:

God you just made me think about how the new movies and super treated them. I don't think anyone got done dirty as bad as Videl though who gets pregnant and then her entire personality changes and she never does anything again.

It bums me out so much! Like, why is she a servile doormat now! The only lady to survive marriage with her fighting spirit intact is Android 18.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Glagha posted:

DBZ girls get done hella dirty.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

SlimGoodbody posted:

It bums me out so much! Like, why is she a servile doormat now! The only lady to survive marriage with her fighting spirit intact is Android 18.

Bulma is still awesome. On the opposite end of the scales is Chichi who turned into a complete shrew who makes everyone's lives miserable

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Shoehead posted:

Bulma is still awesome. On the opposite end of the scales is Chichi who turned into a complete shrew who makes everyone's lives miserable

That's true, Bulma actually does run the show and may be the most powerful due to brilliance and connections

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Staltran posted:

Pretty sure with how DB time travel works doing that would just split the timeline again, so they wouldn't solve the problem at all. Especially since every time they did that they'd create more Zamasus that can travel between timelines.

holy poo poo. Staltran 2020

Also I apologize for ever saying White Chain is washed up. I'm a different person now.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Ra'akshi's comic is out.
https://imgur.com/a/7yYaOPy

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Dang that's a good comic.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Friendship continues unabated and everything continues to be fine.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-113/

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Is that... a stand user!?

(Am I doing Jojo’s right, I barely go there)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

「ARMS OF AN ANGEL」

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 15, 2020