Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I have yet to see a Twitter account with an insider term in their username that wasn't complete garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Isn't this a dude under another name that was equally awful on wrestling twitter?

VicVenomBytes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Let's get back to bizarre wrestling fans

This man is a huge TNA fan and libertarian who popped up to tell someone insulting Moose that they looked like a rapist. (The fan not Moose.)

https://twitter.com/CJLarson5/status/1214283631532875776

https://twitter.com/CJLarson5/status/1209835231521447937

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Also:

https://twitter.com/MrMikeLaws/status/1216080573720035329

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

loving hate it when people people are ancient Greeks.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lmao

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I am not a crate full of hippos!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
primum non n*cere

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SaintVicious67/status/1216083823995314176

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaintVicious67/status/1216094550852358144

https://mobile.twitter.com/MiseryEater101/status/1216078840855818241

#standwithtessa

https://mobile.twitter.com/migueljoto/status/1216085464328720385

https://mobile.twitter.com/migueljoto/status/1216088812096344064

And even Libertarian Impact CJ Larson has appeared

https://mobile.twitter.com/CJLarson5/status/1216076859705831424

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Isn't the "bad past, people change, move on" stuff people are talking about like...as recent as last year

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's gonna be a great weekend for posts.

https://twitter.com/CeeHawk/status/1216107923291746308

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
"in the cypher"

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I honestly have some mixed feelings about this. She's like 24, and her stuff in Japan would have been at about 21. That's not a lot of years, but it is a lot of years to a 20 year old. It's like 10% of her life, and those are some really dramatic change years. At least they were for me. I think Bix on this very forum (or it might have been pretend scoopsman rovert, I don't remember) reported a while back that she used to be a mess but has really matured in the last year or so. For me, if she was coming out and owning up to everything, I'd be willing to look past someone having been a poo poo at 21. As of now she's denying the n-word thing, but reports of her being really lovely a few years ago are too rampant to take her word for it. I am not really 100% comfortable with stuff someone says at 21 sticking with them forever. At the same time Jordynne Grace has never done any of these things, and is a more credible first female world champion anyways so I'd rather see her get Tessa's spot.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It doesn't have to stick forever but part of growing up is maturing and making amends for mistakes you made in the past. If you don't do that you're not growing up and no one needs to forgive you or give you a second chance.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah. It's academic at this point because she's in denial mode instead of owning it. So whatever.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

You can add the Charm City Gamer (Izzy superfan paedo) to the list of terrible people on wrestling Twitter rushing to Tessa's defence. Just need Chris Regal to return from the dead again to defend her now.

https://twitter.com/RealCCG_YT/status/1216109426907795463?s=19

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Galaxy Brain take is that this is a work

https://mobile.twitter.com/CanvasPirate/status/1216145096451743745

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tessa's rep pre-Impact was always that she was an rear end in a top hat but the narrative did seem to be that she had grown up and gotten better.

On the other hand if your go to defense is "no one is a saint, everyone has a past" to "you said racist stuff" that's not very reassuring.

I dunno. The timing is obviously suspicious but like, that doesn't make it untrue. People would be as inclined if not more to tear down a bad person on the eve of their big day as they would a good person.

And like the Orton/WWE stuff is true but of course its also whataboutism.

Wrestling sucks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gumball Gumption posted:

It doesn't have to stick forever but part of growing up is maturing and making amends for mistakes you made in the past. If you don't do that you're not growing up and no one needs to forgive you or give you a second chance.

:agreed:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Hellblazer187 posted:

I honestly have some mixed feelings about this. She's like 24, and her stuff in Japan would have been at about 21. That's not a lot of years, but it is a lot of years to a 20 year old. It's like 10% of her life, and those are some really dramatic change years. At least they were for me. I think Bix on this very forum (or it might have been pretend scoopsman rovert, I don't remember) reported a while back that she used to be a mess but has really matured in the last year or so. For me, if she was coming out and owning up to everything, I'd be willing to look past someone having been a poo poo at 21. As of now she's denying the n-word thing, but reports of her being really lovely a few years ago are too rampant to take her word for it. I am not really 100% comfortable with stuff someone says at 21 sticking with them forever. At the same time Jordynne Grace has never done any of these things, and is a more credible first female world champion anyways so I'd rather see her get Tessa's spot.

Stop giving racists the benefit of the doubt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

Stop giving racists the benefit of the doubt

Hellblazer187 posted:

if she was coming out and owning up to everything, I'd be willing to look past someone having been a poo poo at 21.

I believe the bolded part is the important part of Hellblazer's post. As far as I can tell, Tessa is doubling down claiming it's all bullshit despite numerous wrestlers who were there confirming it absolutely happened, so gently caress her :colbert:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's amazing to me how much online gaming culture has convinced a subset of idiots that it's perfectly normal behavior to drop an N bomb or F bomb over a mild annoyance.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Let's get back to bizarre wrestling fans

This man is a huge TNA fan and libertarian who popped up to tell someone insulting Moose that they looked like a rapist. (The fan not Moose.)

https://twitter.com/CJLarson5/status/1214283631532875776

Is this a thing in the wrestling communities now? Feeling superior because their fake fighting is slightly less fake or silly than someone else's?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Also, let's not ignore this weird claim of "Oh, NOW sure is a convenient time to bring this up" like it's a juicy bombshell everyone has been waiting to unleash. It seems to have only come out because Tessa made a tweet about supporting women and that obviously triggered some women who were very clearly not supported by her.

She kind of set herself up for this. From what I've seen, nobody just started tweeting about this without her initial tweet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Any Impact fan complaining about the style of AEW has to be just petty because like 1/4th of the AEW roster was in Impact a year or two ago. They probably weren't saying that same stuff when LAX were tearing it up with the Lucha Bros.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I believe the bolded part is the important part of Hellblazer's post. As far as I can tell, Tessa is doubling down claiming it's all bullshit despite numerous wrestlers who were there confirming it absolutely happened, so gently caress her :colbert:

Yes, thank you. There's no part of my post giving her the benefit of the doubt. I'm just saying growth should be possible as should forgiveness. Since I posted its become more clear that she hasn't grown and deserves no forgiveness.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JT Smiley posted:

It's amazing to me how much online gaming culture has convinced a subset of idiots that it's perfectly normal behavior to drop an N bomb or F bomb over a mild annoyance.

I thought for a second by f bomb you meant gently caress and was real confused

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Macksy posted:

Is this a thing in the wrestling communities now? Feeling superior because their fake fighting is slightly less fake or silly than someone else's?

these dudes have never seen 2000s era Dragon Gate and it shows.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

these dudes have never seen 2000s era Dragon Gate and it shows.

Wasn't the X Division the early draw to TNA back in the early days? Or am I misremembering things?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Macksy posted:

Thinking the promotion (s) you watch are less fake and less bad than all the ones you don't is a foundational principle of wrestling fandom.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mariooncrack posted:

Wasn't the X Division the early draw to TNA back in the early days? Or am I misremembering things?

it was the big thing they had going for them before the Knockouts. TNA has never really drawn.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Macksy posted:

This has always been a thing in wrestling communities. A dude tried to fist fight me in the 7th grade because WCW had cool, realistic fighting styles like Goldberg's while The Rock was doing the People's Elbow.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CarlCX posted:

This has always been a thing in wrestling communities. A dude tried to fist fight me in the 7th grade because WCW had cool, realistic fighting styles like Goldberg's while The Rock was doing the People's Elbow.

And in the 80s, NWA was "real" was WWF was "fake".

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Like I understand maybe thinking your show of choice has better production values/more interesting or charismatic characters/better writing ect, but no matter what show you choose it isnt real. Somehow in my life of talking to people who like different wrestling promotions "real fightyness" never came up as a thing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Macksy posted:

Like I understand maybe thinking your show of choice has better production values/more interesting or charismatic characters/better writing ect, but no matter what show you choose it isnt real. Somehow in my life of talking to people who like different wrestling promotions "real fightyness" never came up as a thing.

Really? It's a pretty common complaint from Cornette types. If you've managed to discuss wrestling online without encountering those people then you're lucky.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"real" or not rarely comes up for people I talk to, but "believable" does. For example (to pick a complaint I personally don't agree with) I've heard some people have reservations about Riho as women's champ because of a disparity of build between her and, say, Kris Statlander, or because they don't think her strikes look hard hitting enough. This makes it tougher for them to suspend disbelief, despite appreciating her skills and athleticism.

(I disagree because I like Riho a lot, but it's at least a coherent objection much as I don't share it)

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Lamuella posted:

"real" or not rarely comes up for people I talk to, but "believable" does. For example (to pick a complaint I personally don't agree with) I've heard some people have reservations about Riho as women's champ because of a disparity of build between her and, say, Kris Statlander, or because they don't think her strikes look hard hitting enough. This makes it tougher for them to suspend disbelief, despite appreciating her skills and athleticism.

(I disagree because I like Riho a lot, but it's at least a coherent objection much as I don't share it)

That's exactly what I was thinking. I've heard the argument of believable and I certainly think things like that can pull me out of a match. Acrobatic moves doesn't bother me at all though. Honestly Hulk Hogan hulking up is alot less believable than anything I've ever seen in a "spot monkey" match.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Lamuella posted:

I'm honestly one of those people that feels like Riho needs more practice making her strikes look good. It's kind of not fair, but someone selling a sloppy strike from a bigger person looks better than a sloppy strike from someone tiny like her.

I feel like Marko Stunt is actually really good with making his strikes look real. OTOH 90% of his strikes get no-sold so :shrug:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

For whatever reason striking is not something I apparently pay close attention to, because I’ve never clocked that particular complaint about Riho watching her matches. If anything, I like how it looks like she’s putting her entire body weight behind her knees and stomps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. Kenny definitely taught her how to throw a knee, and I feel like she does the stomps better than a lot of people. Probably because she's coming down with less force so she doesn't have to skip straight off like a larger person.

It's more her elbows and hand strikes that seem kind of wild and sloppy.