Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
SwSh would've been better if it completely removed the shoe-horned stuff with Rose and just spent that dev time on the two postgame dandies. Let them unleash Eternatus in their attempts to feel important. Rose's "but in a thousand years bad stuff!!!" thing was asinine. It's one thing to say "hey I want the planet to be living for a long time" and "another to decide "the best way to do that is to trigger a possible extinction-level event because I can't wait 24 hours."

I'm glad Team Yell remained not-terrorists and didn't turn out to be Team Rocket Clone #39397390833 But Also Eviler Because Thing.

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

patch in removeable backpacks GF, why did you put prints on the shirt backs if you won't let me see them

Or uniforms only to force us to use the same bland default uniform in our gym matches.

Flopsy posted:

Also existentially terrifying. The main character is an eternally innocent fluff ball and the world around him is full of body horror and weirdly intense tragedy.

Kirby is a happy, friendly, Azathoth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I missed out on a square shiny gigalith because the raid catch rates are so abysmal :negative:

I'm really about to give up on max raid battles... everything breaks out if I'm playing online. I even used a dusk ball on that shiny and it still busted out. Is there something I'm doing wrong? None of my mons are 100, if I level them more does that help my catch rate?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kirby isn't a baby, he's just like that. Just a chill and happy friend shaped eldritch void creature.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm glad Team Yell remained not-terrorists and didn't turn out to be Team Rocket Clone #39397390833 But Also Eviler Because Thing.

Team Yell was the best kind of dumb they could have possibly been, and Marnie is a fun rival.

I think though, that one of my favorite parts of SwSh was the bracket-style tournament at the end. I'm sure it's per-determined the first time you do it, but it was still nice and different.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's really hosed up that there's no dedicated gamefreak building or office in this game. It's just some dude standing in a random room in a random hotel

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's really hosed up that there's no dedicated gamefreak building or office in this game. It's just some dude standing in a random room in a random hotel

They moved their regional HQ to Kalos following Dexit.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
He's on vacation, lay off.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Hunter Noventa posted:

Team Yell was the best kind of dumb they could have possibly been, and Marnie is a fun rival.

I think though, that one of my favorite parts of SwSh was the bracket-style tournament at the end. I'm sure it's per-determined the first time you do it, but it was still nice and different.

I loved everything about team yell because it was so drat wholesome. Honestly I liked almost all the characters in the game, it's why I'm so bummed the story wasn't better. I actually like these guys I'd like to see them doing more cool stuff.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Occasionally NPCs will whine to you about team yell like you share there annoyance, and frankly I'd rather hang out with team yell than any of those NPCs. Those hooligans are loitering? So what grandma, at least they're enjoying themselves.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The best part is that free DLC game on the switch reveals he's actually one of the 4 heroes that stopped a cosmic catastrophe that would of erased existence itself and gives Galacta Knight is proper title of the Aeon Hero. Like it's heavily implied he's the one that sealed void after the great Magician vs Science war in the past.

He's finally getting elaborated on!!!

E: Btw the free downloadable game on the switch has some crazy lore reveals for some loving reason and shows Hyness and the Mage Sisters got better and now chill out on popstar as Kirby's friend. So Star Allies villains got off easy and there's actually a gay couple in Kirby lore.

So what was the deal with Morpho Knight, then? and it, like, taking over/replacing Galacta Knight?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Woolie's Kirby lore videos are fun. They're quite a bit over the top and feature more than a little bit of fanon / speculation, but they're still worth your time to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIKb01oHDLo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np8x5jp578o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLBuNju6DNs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4LGbIKPo6g

Oh, right, Pokemon.

I'm probably going to give my in-game team a break and retire them (other than my Cinderace) and train up an entirely new team for the DLC when it hits. There's still a ton of new 'mons I'd love to use that I didn't get a chance to during my run through Shield. The DLC gives me a good excuse to pull them out of the boxes and carry them through the new areas.

Maybe I'll do two entirely new teams, one for the Isle and one for the Tundra.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I gave the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon demo a try, and I wasn't impressed. I figure that they'd flash up + flesh out a GBA title a little more than that, but it's brutally faithful to the original. The production values are extremely low for a $60 2020 game; lots of reused audio and graphics from Super Mystery Dungeon, a 2015 portable game, and they feel very out of place on a far more powerful console. Sure, they added some updates and mechanics from more modern games, but it's not enough. (The faux watercolor backdrops are also so bright that they hurt my eyes.)

Mostly, I'm just baffled that they're remaking the first game, which is still a bare-bones affair, and not the vastly superior sequel from the DS. :confused:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Who is the canon Kirby gay couple.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ometeotl posted:

Everyone in Kirby is non-binary.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I think they mean two of the three Mages from Star Allies but I don't know which two.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

I thought they were all poly dating tbh.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

capitaldelendaest posted:

I reject any form of Kirby that is not baby and can talk because it is less cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSD3vrR2HxI

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Its Francisca and Flamberge, their flavor text alludes to it. I'm glad they got their happy ending.

^phone kirby is ok but he is still baby. Not a baby of anything, like the platonic idea of baby

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Flopsy posted:

I thought they were all poly dating tbh.

Nah, Zan is all business.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Bongo Bill posted:

Nah, Zan is all business.

She's a bit too loyal to Hyness, if you ask me.

Though Taranza and Sectonia are the real tragic romance of the franchise.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nice we're still talking about Kirby! Here's these two as my contributions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC3pEQB3_Tc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8SL3VEQEqQ

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 12, 2020

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

The Bee posted:

She's a bit too loyal to Hyness, if you ask me.

Though Taranza and Sectonia are the real tragic romance of the franchise.

You can even force him to relive his greatest tragedy at will in the latest game.

As for the cosmic horror side, I choose to believe that Kirby and Void Termina are the same species.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Golux posted:

So what was the deal with Morpho Knight, then? and it, like, taking over/replacing Galacta Knight?

People aren't really sure. He was introduced in Star Allies and his pause menu stuff doesn't really say a lot about him. Japanese version calls him a knight from hell that comes around judgement day to judge souls or something but uh, that's about all we know.

That and the butterfly has appeared at the start of every Kumazaki game so it's some kind of strange foreshadowing

Vandar posted:

Woolie's Kirby lore videos are fun. They're quite a bit over the top and feature more than a little bit of fanon / speculation, but they're still worth your time to watch:

Woolie's videos are fun but he confuses a lot of things with anime lore and gets a good chunk of stuff wrong. Still kinda worth it just for the great art he commissions though

Ometeotl posted:

capitaldelendaest posted:

Its Francisca and Flamberge, their flavor text alludes to it. I'm glad they got their happy ending.

It's this one. All throughout star allies Flamberge gets pissed off you hurt Francisca first saying that she's special to her. Pause fluff mentions how badly she wishes to go on a picnic and spend her time with her and how much she cares about her and has trouble spitting out her feelings. In the Freemium switch game when you progress far enough in the story cameos show up in the hub like Hyness floating around in the sky just hanging out with other Kirby friends, but one of the cutest ones is Fran and Flam sitting on a bench holding hands and talking.under a tree.

Implication is she finally spat it out :)

Geostomp posted:

You can even force him to relive his greatest tragedy at will in the latest game.

As for the cosmic horror side, I choose to believe that Kirby and Void Termina are the same species.

Mentioned it before but the last game 100% confirms this is the case. Void is just a 'baby' Kirby.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The G in G-Max stands for 'Gundam.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/coffeelove_SB/status/1213290763594825729

I thought G was for Grimmsnarl.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Falinks is over 9ft tall.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I think his height is like, if all of them were stacked on top of each other. I don't think each individual one is 9 feet tall

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Yeah they're long but not tall

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wrong Falinks are huge and they will destroy the city

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They are the globetrotters wearing kirby cosplau

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Substituting height for length is another reason you don’t turn every child you meet into a field biologist. Who knows how much unverified data is in any one Pokédex.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Isnt lenght just height but for lazy animals

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Looking at you, boa

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I think his height is like, if all of them were stacked on top of each other. I don't think each individual one is 9 feet tall

But Exeggcute is only listed as 1ft, despite looking like it's of similar proportions?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Golden Gael posted:

But Exeggcute is only listed as 1ft, despite looking like it's of similar proportions?

Falinks is one unit, one mind, while Exeggecute is just a bunch of eggs that hang out together. So obviously they have to be measured differently

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I hope they make G Max Falinks and it’s just like. I dunno. One of them gets really really big and the other ones don’t

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I hope they make G Max Falinks and it’s just like. I dunno. One of them gets really really big and the other ones don’t

They should all get big and then form up like Voltron.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Can we talk about how weird it is that Wooloo doesn't learn rollout? Because it seems weird to me.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

They should all get big and then form up like Voltron.

This is a better idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/PhStarmagic/status/1212037191263649794