Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

raditts posted:

Everything should be on the gdq vods, it's just the raw stream with intermissions and everything but there's a Reddit thread linked somewhere that has links to the exact start points for each run.

https://gdqvods.com/event/agdq-2020 has all the runs, click the twitch icon on the left and it takes you right to the start point of all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
This was immensely fun from start to finish, and helped me get through an incredibly stressful week. Would watch again, already downloading videos from their channel to listen to while at work.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

raditts posted:

I went in 2018, it was great even though I knew exactly zero people there.

I wonder if the lack of location for AGDQ 21 means that Orlando is not a permanent new location. I regret never going to any of them when they were within driving distance of me.

same but 2016, it was like the last good thing that happened that year

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
People getting annoyed with orb and hoipe lasting as long as they have are obviously not familiar with pantomime theatre.

"He's behind you" and "oh no it isn't" have been crowd participation memes for centuries. The cheese is part of the experience.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Well, if nothing else, this was a good GDQ, probably the one I watched the most of in awhile. This was a good thread, and can't wait to hang with you all again in June.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

OneMoreTime posted:

I'm liking this streamer so far. "Oh don't worry, I know. I can see all the geese."
Aeon's overlay has "6/25 subs" on it and she said that she has to update it manually, so I'm excited to see what it is when she gets a chance to update it.

She's run Mario Kart 8 at GDQ events in the past

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Wish they would come to Chicago sometime for one of these, most of the locations are over 7 hours drive from where I live and Chicago is at least a more manageable 3 hours.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

iPodschun posted:

Aeon's overlay has "6/25 subs" on it and she said that she has to update it manually, so I'm excited to see what it is when she gets a chance to update it.

She's run Mario Kart 8 at GDQ events in the past

Interesting, I'll have to check that run out.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kooriken posted:

Wish they would come to Chicago sometime for one of these, most of the locations are over 7 hours drive from where I live and Chicago is at least a more manageable 3 hours.

i heard chicago is beautiful in january

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Azza Bamboo posted:

People getting annoyed with orb and hoipe lasting as long as they have are obviously not familiar with pantomime theatre.

"He's behind you" and "oh no it isn't" have been crowd participation memes for centuries. The cheese is part of the experience.

Epic Thissery.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

literally in chicago now, i had to stay an extra day because of about 24 hours of precipitation coming down right at the 30 degree sweet spot. ironically, this allowed me to watch the finale without worrying about staying up too late but still, definitely not the nicest weather in the world

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Well I was referring to either AGDQ or SGDQ but lets be honest Chicago is only slightly more pleasant in the summer

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear
See ya in june fuckos

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Someone said something disgusting in her chat a minute ago, which I had not seen all event, so I guess some vetting and moderation were in place for the actual GDQ room

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I'm about to speedrun ZZZZZZ

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Good runs good marathon, see y'all at the next one

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
A few last links from me before I go to sleep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVJtXpjgIV0 - finale video

https://twitter.com/GamesDoneQuick/status/1216265085728878593

https://twitter.com/uraniumanchor/status/1216244758525480960

https://twitter.com/uraniumanchor/status/1216265502458249216

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that thumbnail for the finale video :thumbsup:

thanks for keeping this insanity running

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Anyone have a list of recommended runs to watch?

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
Wait... GDQ is over?

gently caress...

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Musical_Daredevil posted:

Wait... GDQ is over?

gently caress...

It’s never over in your heart!

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Max Wilco posted:

Watch all of them. Then watch them again over and over until SGDQ.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Watch all of them. Then watch them again over and over until SGDQ.

actually don't watch the ff8 or bullet hell runs but watch everything else

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

Off the top of my head; Fallout, Ocarina of Time, Animorphs (but really the whole Awful block), Final Fantasy VI, Terraria, Escape from Yavin IV. The Mega Man X race was great, as was The Super Mario Maker 2 race. I haven’t seen the Guitar Hero from earlier today but I’ve heard great things.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Someone said something disgusting in her chat a minute ago, which I had not seen all event, so I guess some vetting and moderation were in place for the actual GDQ room

GDQ twitch chat was subscriber only which cuts down on that stuff a lot.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

To the credit of bullet hell runs credit, they are both boring and intense at the same time. I just keep them on in the background, but whenever I pay attention I can feel my blood pressure rise.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Who's looking at the vods and saying hmmm I need something to watch, how about a 9 hour jrpg

I can think of like ten good reasons to not watch an ff8 speedrun that has nothing to do with the runners and 11 counting him

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

To the credit of bullet hell runs credit, they are both boring and intense at the same time. I just keep them on in the background, but whenever I pay attention I can feel my blood pressure rise.

the issue with it is more that gus, the runner, is a nazi

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Who's looking at the vods and saying hmmm I need something to watch, how about a 9 hour jrpg

I can think of like ten good reasons to not watch an ff8 speedrun that has nothing to do with the runners and 11 counting him

I'll watch them on days off when I'm cleaning or whatever. They're usually games I'm already familiar with so I can revisit one of my favorite games while doing tedious tasks.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the issue with it is more that gus, the runner, is a nazi

Ugh that sucks. That poo poo doesn't belong in this community.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i mean, the 8 hour ff7 run from a few years back is an oft-recommended all-time classic. long jrpg runs can whip rear end. in fact the same group who did ff8 also did an ff9 run a year or two ago that was initially well-received here before people found out that luz was a fash.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The Fallout Anthology run was all time, especially at the end where things started going wrong but oh so right

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The run was very intense, you could feel the excitement of the couch guys as well. It was more of a showcase but nonetheless very impressive.

alf_pogs posted:

The Fallout Anthology run was all time, especially at the end where things started going wrong but oh so right

The best payout is in the end.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

There’s radaway right there.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Ugh that sucks. That poo poo doesn't belong in this community.

Unfortunately the shmup community has always had a sizeable contingent of nazis and other hyper-right-wing assholes, which gets magnified by the fact that it's a niche community in the first place.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Saigyouji posted:

Unfortunately the shmup community has always had a sizeable contingent of nazis and other hyper-right-wing assholes, which gets magnified by the fact that it's a niche community in the first place.

I blame Touhou.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
It's always feels so crazy to see AGDQ numbers. No that so much got raised or that there is any difference between AGDQ/SGDQ, just that the AGDQ is like half the entire PCF budget. MSF is a much larger and well known organization such that they're now close to hitting in the 1% range for average annual contributions to MSF. Just so weird to see that gap and the fact that a speedrunning community is basically the lifeblood of a charity.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Watching some of the VOD I missed, and Hoshi no Miru Hito is actually nicknamed Densetsu no Kusoge(Legend of the poo poo Game) by the community?
Thats amazing.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Colorspray posted:

Amid Evil had a skilled runner to boot and with the devs calling in it became a blast.

Was just catching up on this.

"This is the only boss we can skip."

"Whaaaat......ohhhhhhh......Leon you're fired"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

https://twitter.com/uraniumanchor/status/887193455109263360

How annoying is it to move in all those CRT TVs? I imagine a cart or dolly is used.