Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ijyt posted:

It’s just a model, no need to get upset.

I'm laughing with all my friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

TTerrible posted:

I'm laughing with all my friends.

:ironicat:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Cancelled.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I like the new tank.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
That tank looks like a Tonka truck with the yellow paint job.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

TTerrible posted:

It's a no from me, dog.

This thing rules

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Snake Dance posted:

That tank looks like a Tonka truck with the yellow paint job.

yep

tallkidwithglasses posted:

This thing rules

yep

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
The rules suck poo poo tho

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

JcDent posted:

The rules suck poo poo tho

140 points for a squadronable 4hp tank that can plausibly wipe multiple targets a turn seems bad, I agree.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

140 points for a squadronable 4hp tank that can plausibly wipe multiple targets a turn seems bad, I agree.

Unironically this.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

JcDent posted:

Unironically this.

It’s 25 points more than a Scorpius for a similar level of durability, a much higher damage ceiling and the ability to take squadrons. A Scorpius is already one of the most efficient tanks in the game.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Boy this is an interesting one:
  • Useless sponsons, auxiliary drive on a unit with ordinance
  • 'small' hit is ~1.5 thudd guns with shatter shells, 'big' hit is about ~2 thudd guns worth of shatter shells
  • Lower strength, lower AV, slightly higher cost than a scorpius, but 4hp, you can take it in squadrons, and it hits more reliably
  • 24" range, can't move and shoot, no POTMs
  • "called upon to break the most stubborn of fortifications or to annihilate massed enemy infantry and armour" - painted in IF colors :rolleyes:

It can glance the hell out of armor, snipe small units, and obliterate MEQ blobs for less points than a plasma predator and more reliably than a scorpius or vindicator. Low cost, squadrons, and 4hp really take it over the top imo. Who cares about 24" when the main gun is so drat effective. 7" blast with BS4 will rarely miss the main target. I'd say the chassis itself is a bit schizophrenic, but the gun they put ontop is strongk.

The cool thing? Autocannon sponsons. I hope these make their way into the rest of the legion arsenal because triple autocannon predators and sicarans would be badass.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 11, 2020

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

It can glance the hell out of armor

5+d6 str7 sundering shots hitting side armor will gently caress up most tanks very quickly.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

5+d6 str7 sundering shots hitting side armor will gently caress up most tanks very quickly.

Good gravy.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

It doesn't say it hits side-armor. So it will hit whatever facing is facing the Arquitor.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

No move and shoot is irredeemably bad

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

What?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Um... Tanks can definitely move and shoot with ordnance.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X6VoFBCE9k

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Autocannon sponson predators :swoon:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Tbh. I would rather play against one of those new tanks than a scorpius as a BA. Atleast there is only an average of 8-9 hits once they poo poo on my deepstriking units :v:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here's a size comparison of the two new tanks:

And here's FW telling people lies:

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Why does GW social media people always default to gaslighting fans? all they had to do was say "yes, so what? it's from a STANDARD TEMPLATE CONSTRUCT design template, even if some fancy primarch put it together".

Also why do they have to keep adding new alternative rules for weapons ~ why is it that this missile system can magically dump 5 missiles per squad under the template and yet, if there is only one squad it's five, but if there are four squads, each will get exactly five each. How does this work? - and if they're going to use the word "spiculum" why don't they make it similar in some sense to the other unit/s that use that teminology - like Custode spiculum launchers?

(48" bolt launcher with S5 AP4 heavy 5 rending fire twice if you stay still)

If they can't somehow reference or be similar to other spiculum weapons - maybe don't use the word?

I don't have a problem with the art design, I don't have a problem with cool new tanks with interesting weapons - I do have a problem with the way GW treats customer feedback and the way that their design teams place low weight on consistency, and often make units that - since they often don't play - have weird rules or synergies that simply don't work.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
How dare we deign to comprehend the face of GW and presume to know it’s motives? Let us praise the release and acknowledge it as the blessing that’s before us.

Missiles good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They look similar enough but also very different to me.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Kind of wished it was fast

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Ghazk posted:

Kind of wished it was fast

:vomarine:

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Crossposting my daemons from the 40k thread, still need basing:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

InsidiousMuppet posted:

Pretty solid! Have you looked at the ruinstorm list at all and thought of how you want to take them?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

InsidiousMuppet posted:

I dig it

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Alright guys, it’s the week before LVO. Let’s see those secret army teasers!

Here’s mine:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ghazk posted:

Here’s mine:

You will be chased from Vegas by a mob.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Unrelated question: You can bring custodes allies in a xenos fandex ZM list right?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Behave yourself or you will taste my shoe

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ghazk posted:

Unrelated question: You can bring custodes allies in a xenos fandex ZM list right?
Well, are your Eldar loyalists or traitors?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Lol please bring the Mournival Xenos codex

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghazk posted:

Here’s mine:

lamo I'm both triggered and excited

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Lets get some "Let's go ghazk's eldar!" going in the chat for LVO.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I like how the D-Cannon platforms are barrage and specifically say they can fire indirectly in ZM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

lamo I'm both triggered and excited

Wait until you see my heresy era necrons. Those aussie 30k folks are amazing, doing god's work.