Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Well...that's...a fan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

No, no, The British Will Molest Your Children is entirely on brand.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I think we found out what Brexit means

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

The dead-eyed, what am I doing here stare on the guy on the left is spot on.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Congrats on Harry and Meghan getting out while the gettings good.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/nytimesworld/status/1216004792998354945

what is it about royals that turns peoples brains into mush

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

here i have a side for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlbnMnv1u88

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Maya Fey posted:

the royals aren't a cause, just a symptom.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

AnoHito posted:

the royals aren't a cause, just a symptom.

so it's more "what is it about people's brain mush that attracts them to obsessing about royals"?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Can't be that much of a fan, I don't see a single House of Windsor crest.

i guess it could be elsewhere on the hat, or the button at the top covered in glare

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

silvergoose posted:

so it's more "what is it about people's brain mush that attracts them to obsessing about royals"?

The same thing that causes them to elect a reality TV star to the imperial presidency op

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Maya Fey posted:

lol that description of canada reminds me of ilya bryzgalov's interview that sent everyone bonkers

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

textbook sexcase on the nonce register

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

Congrats on Harry and Meghan getting out while the gettings good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm reminded that that tribe in Southeast Asia that keeps killing people who get close to them actually have been successfully contacted before. It's just that the first person that got to them was a British explorer who proceeded to gently caress a bunch of their children, and since then they've killed everyone who got anywhere near their island.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I'm reminded that that tribe in Southeast Asia that keeps killing people who get close to them actually have been successfully contacted before. It's just that the first person that got to them was a British explorer who proceeded to gently caress a bunch of their children, and since then they've killed everyone who got anywhere near their island.

The Sentinelese have never been successfully contacted, but the guy you’re thinking of straight up kidnapped an elderly couple and four small children off the island then dumped them back off at the beach right away when everyone started getting sick and dying. :britain: :allears:

He did gently caress (both figuratively and literally) a lot of the other nearby tribes though!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Comrade Koba posted:

The Sentinelese have never been successfully contacted, but the guy you’re thinking of straight up kidnapped an elderly couple and four small children off the island then dumped them back off at the beach right away when everyone started getting sick and dying. :britain: :allears:

He did gently caress (both figuratively and literally) a lot of the other nearby tribes though!

iirc the (North?) sentinelese may also have been in somewhat closer contact with other islanders before a nightmare plague swept through

which may also have been the fault of white and/or British people

edit: or I may be anticonflating it with that same incident

Goatse James Bond has issued a correction as of 01:20 on Jan 12, 2020

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

iirc the (North?) sentinelese may also have been in somewhat closer contact with other islanders before a nightmare plague swept through

Yeah IIRC one of the other Andaman tribes has some oral histories where they used to do some limited trading with the Sentinelese way back in the day.

More or less all of their interaction with white people have involved violent archery, which is the only proper way to greet invading colonizers. :colbert:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

about loving time for another good civil war imo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
has anyone said Sussexit

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
it’s Megxit

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Dave lister leaving red dwarf in smegxit

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

redleader posted:

about loving time for another good civil war imo

this is like the royalist idiot version of the QA movement

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Here's an idea: Oliver Cromwell, but without the Irish genocide.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I like Christmas though

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

say hello to toenailgate

https://twitter.com/emmaburnell_/status/1216349429843841024?s=21

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/radicalhag/status/1216373773378768897?s=21
https://twitter.com/iancruise1972/status/1216354296322842624?s=21
https://twitter.com/leafylike/status/1216359145470906368?s=21
https://twitter.com/falcon_malteser/status/1216350668686024704?s=21

:goofy:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
threatening self harm in order to get someone to stop dragging you for Transphobia is like a sado-masochistic ballet and that woman sounds just absolutely awful

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

maslow's hierarchy of needs, but with "physiological" crossed out and replaced with "film, tv and music industry"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

threatening self harm in order to get someone to stop dragging you for Transphobia is like a sado-masochistic ballet and that woman sounds just absolutely awful

claiming she did it or actually doing it - both not good!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
someone explain whats gong on to me using star wars and or henry potter or whatever his name is

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

spacemang_spliff posted:

someone explain whats gong on to me using star wars and or henry potter or whatever his name is

jk rowling is telling us that the real deatheaters are people who don't exclude transgendered people

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

when you’re facing the trans inclusionary Voldemort you should own him by casting “nailus extractus” on yourself

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Megxit means Megxit.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

loving hell

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Raiad posted:

maslow's hierarchy of needs, but with "physiological" crossed out and replaced with "film, tv and music industry"
They're right. Iceland is gonna take your fishing grounds.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They're right. Iceland is gonna take your fishing grounds.

I think the biggest sign of how hosed up the UK became economically was how FIRE sector cities like London did so well and also rapidly gentrified as all the foreign money poured in.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Megxit means Megxit.

Nailxit means Nailxit you mean

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

am I understanding this correctly? Is this someone retweeting transphobic poo poo, getting called out for it (politely, over DMs), then going, "Fine I'll delete it are you happy now gtfo my DMs or I'll harm myself"? And when Owen understandably goes :stare: and disengages without a further word, she calls it bullying and cries about being silenced and driven to self-harm?

ngl poo poo like this pisses me off 'cause it makes it so much more difficult to get legit instances of bullying and misogyny and mental health harm to be taken seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Perhaps a hamster posted:

am I understanding this correctly? Is this someone retweeting transphobic poo poo, getting called out for it (politely, over DMs), then going, "Fine I'll delete it are you happy now gtfo my DMs or I'll harm myself"? And when Owen understandably goes :stare: and disengages without a further word, she calls it bullying and cries about being silenced and driven to self-harm?

ngl poo poo like this pisses me off 'cause it makes it so much more difficult to get legit instances of bullying and misogyny and mental health harm to be taken seriously.

she's accusing him of unleashing his twitter mob of lefty cyberbullies on her