Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Private Speech posted:

There's apparently a newer version made for openMW which may have a slightly better performance.

Mod description posted:

Bug fixed OpenMW version of andoreth's Advanced Herbalism mod for Mowwowind and both extentions.
Mowwowind!

I think with Graphic Herbalism, it was just that it had a script running on every single herb, over and over, constantly. fake edit: ah, yeah, this is how MBT explained it to me:

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Original graphic herbalism put a script on every plant. And its morrowind which means every script is checking its conditionals on every single frame.

I'll give it a shot and report back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://streamable.com/mxhlg

animation idle tests :wtf:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

That bwessed pwovince, that wealm wivin a wealm...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ah, you've finawwy awwived, but ouw wecords don't show fwom where

Orv
May 4, 2011
No, thank you.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

come, newewar, fwend ow foe

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Thwee bwessings, sewa.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You n’rah!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

and chim - twue chim - wiw fowwow you fowevah

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Doc Hawkins posted:

and chim - twue chim - wiw fowwow you fowevah

Winna

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

wew watching you scum.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Dowes boots awe wuwwined. I couwd kiuww dat gwauww!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47480

aaaand there it is

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

When you see it

https://www.pcgamer.com/skywind-releases-a-big-update-on-moving-morrowind-to-skyrim/

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

skywind lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

a horror story in three parts, by c0dacan0n on the tr discord

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Looking at the face of CHIM

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Why did that Ordinator go through the Oblivion gate?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I hate myself for sounding like this kind of a fan of a thing but I feel like the moment the Skywind team said they were gonna start remastering Morrowind instead of just recreating it it was only ever going to come out bad. I'm sure there are some massive fan projects out there that disprove this particular thesis of mine but that seems to be the line for most of them, where they take on too much or they think they're better designers than they are and it's just unpleasant.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Uncanny valley Morrowind

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Orv posted:

it was only ever going to come out bad.

A title in want of a thread.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

What's wrong with the stuff in the screenshot?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Orv posted:

I hate myself for sounding like this kind of a fan of a thing but I feel like the moment the Skywind team said they were gonna start remastering Morrowind instead of just recreating it it was only ever going to come out bad. I'm sure there are some massive fan projects out there that disprove this particular thesis of mine but that seems to be the line for most of them, where they take on too much or they think they're better designers than they are and it's just unpleasant.

The thing that bugs me about Skywind is this: there is (was?) a comment on their page about how they weren't going to recreate the gameplay (skills, attributes, maybe combat?) of Morrowind, and that if you wanted it you could use one of the mods that overhauled Skyrim's gameplay to be more like Morrowind's.

I think that's a decent position, except: what mods that overhaul Skyrim's gameplay? They never mention what mods they're talking about! I've never seen one.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

anatomi posted:

I'm not seeing it either, it looks fine to me.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Mine was a more generalized statement about the project I don't have any particular gripes with that screenshot.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

anatomi posted:

Wide rear end head

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I cant believe none of you, nor PC Gamer picked up on that word in the story. I must be misinterpreting it

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

codo27 posted:

I cant believe none of you, nor PC Gamer picked up on that word in the story. I must be misinterpreting it

Huh. No, you aren't. I just ... didn't notice. Thanks.

Huh.

edit: It's only you saying 'word' here that got me to look in the right place, for the right thing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

i hab a fewwing youw and I awe about to become vewwy close...

oh we're nothing doing that anymore

count me in on losing a significant amount of interest in skywind when they switched from recreation to remaster. People want Morrowind But HD (as much as Skyrim is HD these days, anyway), if you're going to change a bunch of stuff just do something new, that way when it bombs you won't be associating that bomb with your entire project.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

We have HD Morrowind now, what's really needed is someone to re-model everything in the game to have more than 6 polygons. And not break pathing.

:goonsay:

Orv
May 4, 2011

codo27 posted:

:confused:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I'll I've got is 'cum', which is being used properly, and this typo:

quote:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind inside The Elder Scrolls V: Skywind,

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Can I run skywind inside that one virtual machine mod for openmw

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ambient oatmeal posted:

Can I run skywind inside that one virtual machine mod for openmw

yes

you will be also able to run vality7's recreation of the shivering isles on your phone

https://imgur.com/a/rxecYN8?grid
INSANE gallery, some of these shots are amazing

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that rules

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

The age of remakes is over, the time of the demake has come.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Sikreci posted:

The age of remakes is over, the time of the demake has come.

Time to announce my Morrowrim project - Skyrim redone in the Morrowind engine.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Time to announce my Morrowrim project - Skyrim redone in the Morrowind engine.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44921/

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Like, on the one hand, Skywind looks impressive. But.... Morrowind without Morrowind mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

once they said they were going to start doing amateur VA for all the dialogue text from morrowind i knew skywind was hosed