Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ThingOne posted:

I think I'm gonna stick with the guy who has direct access to Oda's editor over some internet rando.

Oda's editor is the one who was actually supplying the raws. THEY just don't want you to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Man that forum sounds awful. Every new chapter discussion beginning with a dozen guys on soap boxes flaunting how much they know about Japanese.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

All this talk about translating mink names to preserve dumb jokes and nobody is saying a thing about how you're supposed to localize Wanda.

Bowwownda

Barkbara

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Kild posted:

Barkbara

Honestly I feel like this would have been the best name for her

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bark bara is already my nickname for dogstorm

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

barkbara is buggy's dog

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hey I mostly lurk but I just read the latest chapter and wanted to post this:

THIS.
loving.
FLASHBACK.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So official chaps come out when??

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Snazzy Frocks posted:

So official chaps come out when??
If you check the chapter list on Viz they say when the next one is coming out:
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/one-piece

Jump is on break this week.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x
:ohdear:

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
a crocs dream will never die

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

big fear of mine, not gonna lie

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
When I go through bad times one of the things I reassure myself with is that I have to live to see the end of One Piece.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Bleck posted:

When I go through bad times one of the things I reassure myself with is that I have to live to see the end of One Piece.

Same.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
The one thing I told my wife to do if I die early is to come to my grave and tell me how One Piece ends. Seriously.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Bleck posted:

New thread title

Thoren
May 28, 2008
About 10 years ago, I used to be extremely depressed. I would half-jokingly tell myself that I couldn't die until I found out what the One Piece was. We're past the point of no return now, boys.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Jokes on you, Uranus will be a spaceship and One Piece will end with Luffy going into space to explore the galaxy for Oda's newest manga: Space Piece.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 13, 2020

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

I mean, well, it was established a long time ago that Space Pirates were absolutely a thing that existed in-setting, so. I would not be surprised.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

I mean, well, it was established a long time ago that Space Pirates were absolutely a thing that existed in-setting, so. I would not be surprised.

Well I mean we saw Enel take out an entire platoon of them on the cover arc story so

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

That is what I was referring to, yes.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

One of them was wearing a silly hat!

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Enel’s the one dude who could show up at ANY point from here on out and it wouldn’t be a shocker (heh). I remember in WCI people thought he was gonna ride down on a thunder cloud during that full moon

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Bring back God Enel oda, make my slash fanfics come true :allears:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Enel's definitely coming back. I picture the final battle being like the Simpson's movie where that 1000 person mob were all named characters.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

With all the breaks over the holidays i decided to slowly re-read the comic and dang i'd almost completely forgotten about it but the Oars fight is fantastic. I don't know if this is a controversial opinion but it's maybe the best fight in the comic.

It's got like actual strategy and a bunch of team moves and great jokes everybody gets a chance to look cool. It's crazy Oda doesn't do more team fights because he's really good at them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

With all the breaks over the holidays i decided to slowly re-read the comic and dang i'd almost completely forgotten about it but the Oars fight is fantastic. I don't know if this is a controversial opinion but it's maybe the best fight in the comic.

It's got like actual strategy and a bunch of team moves and great jokes everybody gets a chance to look cool. It's crazy Oda doesn't do more team fights because he's really good at them.

Yeah, and it's also Franky's introduction and you get to see him go off-the-wall crazy.

Like using attaching pillars to his nunchuks to make even bigger nunchucks.

Building a bridge on the fly and then complaining about how he doesn't like the design.

Building a staircase with just wooden planks and nails so he and Chopper and punch Oars in the face.

RoboFranky is a man's man (see: Senor Pink fight) but I do sometimes miss carpenter Franky.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

Enel's definitely coming back. I picture the final battle being like the Simpson's movie where that 1000 person mob were all named characters.

yea remember his cover arc on the moon? that'll come into play some day just like they always do

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I still firmly believe the superweapon Uranus is stashed somewhere up on the moon

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

and laugh tale is the rocket and launch pad but without fuel!!!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Parrotine posted:

I still firmly believe the superweapon Uranus is stashed somewhere up on the moon

Uranus IS the moon

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rannum posted:

Uranus IS the moon

rude

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I think one of the 6 moons in one piece crashed into the world and that’s how reverse mountain exists (or the other way around where the world was much bigger and the celestial dragon/ will of D war blew chunks off to create those moons like the Nation of Islam origin story)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Parrotine posted:

People do usually see a moon before Uranus.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Gin is never going to show up again until the reveal that it's him and not Sabo who is narrating the story.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Desumaytah posted:

Gin is never going to show up again until the reveal that it's him and not Sabo who is narrating the story.

Wtf why did I think the narrator was ussop all this time

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Captain Usopp, how did you know about the parts you weren't there for?"

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Observation haki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster