Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tlou mp was good and now its going to be a full game instead of attached to a 20 hour zombie movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Stux posted:

really need to stop kicking out the power cord from ur monitor

shut the gently caress up bitch

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Is this stuff not still probe-able?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Akuma posted:

No

heeheex2 posted:

But this choice wording is

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

heeheex2 posted:

:cheers:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

The rise of mobile killed da punctuation spellin rulez

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Tlou mp was good and now its going to be a full game instead of attached to a 20 hour zombie movie

What are you talking about? Are they making a separate game? Honestly never cared much for naughty dog's mp but curious if that's what you mean.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yah

Said their ambition for factions (the mp mode) were too big to deliver with tlou2 and thwy are going to delelop it into a new stand alone project

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 12, 2020

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

A lot of people did leave naughty dog when all that poo poo came out about them. That matters and usually signals the impending death of a studio even if it doesn't immediately happen. Uncharted/TLOU multiplayer was cool and loved so that being taken out sucks.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Source?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
We do not need to have a heated Sony vs Microsoft war in here. We can easily talk about how weird it is that Microsoft is not releasing anything for their console for a year and giving the other manufacturers a head start without going into long sony championing posts and antagonising others.

Concentrate more on Microsoft and Xbox here please.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/11/12/naughty-dog-working-secret-ps5-multiplayer-game-11086773/amp/

Theres a tweet from nd too that i cant find right now ive got bad reception in the woods rn

Another link mentioning the tweet and ps magazine hinting at it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vg247.com/2019/11/12/naughty-dog-staffing-multiplayer-project/amp/

quote:

The studio has also since promised players that the Factions mode has not been forgotten and would receive attention in a big way – rumoured by Official PlayStation Magazine UK to be a standalone package for the launch of a PS5

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 12, 2020

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

VideoGames posted:

We do not need to have a heated Sony vs Microsoft war in here. We can easily talk about how weird it is that Microsoft is not releasing anything for their console for a year and giving the other manufacturers a head start without going into long sony championing posts and antagonising others.

Concentrate more on Microsoft and Xbox here please.

my most hyped 2020 game is a microsoft game, so let me tell you about flight sim 2020. consequently im also expecting it to be my most disappointing game of 2020. I'm looking forward to playing the more stable steam release ten years later and the lockheed martin 'no fun allowed' version which will come out in 5-20 years. (this is all in reference to ms flight sim x)

If they pull it off though, 2020 is gonna be the best year in flight sim ever?

ethanol fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 12, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Post your flight setup

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

All I've got is a logitech 3d extreme joystick ($30) and a trackir 5/VR and a really expensive computer

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cool. Get a pressurized room so you can feel your ears pop imho

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Um then how am i gonna afford the third party aircraft where buttons actually work but cost $79.99 each

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doritos promotion

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Doritos promotion

You know I’m doing it this year if it’s happening again. Gonna be a proud Xbox series something owner

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Please film the interment process. I want to see you on a micro digger scooping out a trench and entombing 1000 cubic feet of chips into the earth

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hmm yeah if they increase the price to $699 that is going to be almost double the volume of chips I have to purchase. One shopping cart full, 54 bags last time. So maybe two carts and 80 bags?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Goonspeed

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Stux posted:

wow its almost like i just said both rockstar and bethesda specifically and purposefully pivoted to just wringing cash out of a single title with the only difference being that bethesda royally screwed it up while rockstar with gtao hit the biggest homerun in gaming ever for milking one title to a ridiculous degree. i said that the big studios dumping insane cash into a smaller number of titles were doing it for exactly this reason, and gta 5 sold 4 times more than any other gta ever while also having an endless shelf life because they realised they could just gaas online instead of working on smaller titles like max payne or la noire that wont be anywhere near as profitable. rdr2 as their only release follows this exact same blueprint to the letter. fallout 76 was openly and blatently supposed to do t he same but they screwed it up, and the big risk of spending tons on a single title to milk is that if no one buys it youve boned urself.

literally no idea what to say about ur naughtydog post. saying uc4 was awful while bemoaning the loss of the garbage multiplayer in their games is literally an alien opinion from outer space.

ea and activision are both making money hand over fist with all their monetization and are dropping franchises due to them being profitable but not profitable enough, because stuff like fifa and ow have such ridiculous ongoing income they no longer see a need for things that dont match it. activision let bungie leave with destiny 2 because it didnt make "enough" money despite being the second best selling game in 2017, because its in game moneitization wasnt providing enough long term profit lol

Naughty Dog managed to put out an entire trilogy and another new title, both brands new series' last gen but can't repeat that because everything takes longer now and will take even longer next gen.

It's gonna be weird to see how the new consoles fill empty space now that they can't include remasters (even Nintendo relies on those.)

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I just noticed that there is a leaderboard on TrueAchievements for Something Awful members. I didn't know this existed!

https://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=4483

I went ahead and joined. Achievements are silly, but I enjoy them.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Zerot posted:

I just noticed that there is a leaderboard on TrueAchievements for Something Awful members. I didn't know this existed!

Oh cool, just joined as well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol, Gears 5's matchmaking is non-existant. It threw five randos together on one team, then put me and another player on another with some bots

We didn't win

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Gears 5 is an example of so many things.

#1. How to know what a bad developer looks like
#2. When a developer hates its core base and tries to do things to spite them
#3. How to copy Fortnite but very badly
#4. Why you can't just hand off IPs to anybody and just throw years/money at it expecting things to just work

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The weirdest part of Gears 5 is that Gears 4, while in no way great, has the bones of a concept for a more fun
main enemy type that could be more dynamic and interesting and nope heres more gears except now with dull open world zones

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

heeheex2 posted:

How does this thread always end up filled with losers talking about how bad xbox is and how good ps4 is.

Playstation's exclusives are literally 15 hour single-player award bait with no replay value so they have plenty of spare time to whinge in this thread.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

At this stage, if MS releases a game on Gamepass day 1, I am all but certain it’s mediocre. Both Gears 5 and Crackdown 3 were entertaining for a while, but in a “Rent instead of buying “ kinda way. (Disclaimer: Couldn’t be arsed to continue with Gears after a few hours in the desert.)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You were basically at the end of the game.

Forza Horizon 4 was a day 1 and thats pretty well regarded and there was also Operencia that was a day of launch and its good too. Its just most of MS studios are firmly 85 score and down game makers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fanatic posted:

Playstation's exclusives are literally 15 hour single-player award bait with no replay value so they have plenty of spare time to whinge in this thread.

the classic 15 hour games Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Persona 5 and Yakuza 6

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Zerot posted:

lol I've had xboxen since 2001 and am only 104th. Goons are intense.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the classic 15 hour games Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Persona 5 and Yakuza 6

Right? The classic Spider-Man, Judgment, HNK Lost Paradise, Days Gone or the rest of Yakuza games are 15 hour single-player award bait with no replay value.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Barudak posted:

Forza Horizon 4.

The sole reason I bought an Xbone. No regrets.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I'm confused about the term "award bait"

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Wheany posted:

I know what they're trying to insinuate by using that term and I think it's hilarious. Sometimes I miss Xbox Ambassador, but they're spirit is truly in this thread.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Wheany posted:

"good game" op

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
They worked really hard on GoW and put a lot of effort into making it compelling and fun. Total award bait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Any game that makes you have "feelings" is award bait obviously.