Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

You know, I wish we could go back to old fashioned racism where Scots and Welsh were considered among the "swarthy" races and we could trip these idiots up by explaining that "actually, he was born in Cardiff, so no one is white in this!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Should have been steve carrel

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

cult_hero posted:

You know, I wish we could go back to old fashioned racism where Scots and Welsh were considered among the "swarthy" races and we could trip these idiots up by explaining that "actually, he was born in Cardiff, so no one is white in this!"

Cardiffian here, it’s nice just to be thought of.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Old Boot posted:

I put 'militant agnostic' in my twitter profile as a joke, now I have to worry about people using it unironically?

Come on.

Is nothing sacred?

I have "Research Flat Earth" as my banner and I thought everyone could take a brief look at anything I tweet, retweet or comment on and tell it was a joke, but not if I disagree with anyone on twitter.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Assuming by "mixed race" they mean a couple where one spouse is white and the other spouse isn't I completely agree. Get rid of all the white people on television. We got 10 seasons of Friends, 11 of Frasier, that's really enough.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

This was goddamn great btw.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Skwirl posted:

Assuming by "mixed race" they mean a couple where one spouse is white and the other spouse isn't I completely agree. Get rid of all the white people on television. We got 10 seasons of Friends, 11 of Frasier, that's really enough.

don't say this to Americans, this is how we get "ironic" minstrel shows, "the blackface is, like, a joke about pc culture, maaaaan"

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah.

And also not to defend him, but he supposedly did say during the show that it was his last year hosting (I read that in one of the replies, so not sure if it's accurate or not).

I do approve the spirit of wanting to take him down, however.

It was more like "Bet they won't let me back after this lol! *wink*"

Then leaning back knowing that all publicity is good publicity and this controversial rant is sure to boost engagement and the demand for his services.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

T-man posted:

don't say this to Americans, this is how we get "ironic" minstrel shows, "the blackface is, like, a joke about pc culture, maaaaan"

I said they should stop making shows with white people in them, not that they should make shows with white people wearing dark makeup.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Skwirl posted:

I have "Research Flat Earth" as my banner and I thought everyone could take a brief look at anything I tweet, retweet or comment on and tell it was a joke, but not if I disagree with anyone on twitter.

Flat Earth is so passé. The new hotness is Flat Bigfoot.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1216539112154521601
It's currently in the 50s and has previously snowed in DC :ssh:

Some of those replies are great.

https://twitter.com/TavernWench/status/1216552252908982273

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Phew, I was worried this was racist right up until that last bit, carry on then

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What do CDs have to do with anything here? Does she not know that old computers used tapes and is somehow confused by the term "compact cassettes"? She's, like, 33 - too young for the reference to computers saving to tape to really be about anything she has first-hand experience with, but old enough that she probably should be aware that CDs don't qualify as "early days of home computing".

Or am I reading this completely wrong?

Tiggum has a new favorite as of 08:05 on Jan 13, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tiggum posted:

You are, by trying to read into Shanely's tweets at all

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Tiggum posted:

What do CDs have to do with anything here? Does she not know that old computers used tapes and is somehow confused by the term "compact cassettes"? She's, like, 33 - too old for the reference to computers saving to tape to really be about anything she has first-hand experience with, but old enough that she probably should be aware that CDs don't qualify as "early days of home computing".

shes got brain worms

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1216539112154521601
It's currently in the 50s and has previously snowed in DC :ssh:
It was in the 60-70s across New York today and it's snowing in Seattle. :sigh:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Brace yourself for lovely “cancel culture” tweets:

Basically: chud films himself being a homophobe, people say he’s a homophobe on Twitter, then he kills himself the day after.

This is gonna be worse than when Alec Holowka killed himself.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

*looking at early humans* lmao what's with all this rock banging, steam engines too hard to figure out dipshit? lol buddy, intensive cultivation of calorie rich plants too hard for you, just gonna eat some women-gathered because they have red periods :biotruths: berries and chase down prey over long distances like a loser. Just gonna sit there on your rear end, not even *bothering* to refine metal for use, it's call land based trade networks, a little tin a little copper, in minecraft (with mods) that's all you need to get a macerator, rear end in a top hat. It's not that hard. Oh look at Mr. Big Brain over here, figuring out how sticks work, how about you put some leeches on that there, Hero of Alexandrea rear end loser.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

TinTower posted:

Brace yourself for lovely “cancel culture” tweets:

Basically: chud films himself being a homophobe, people say he’s a homophobe on Twitter, then he kills himself the day after.

George Christensen has essentially already been ‘bullied’ off twitter already for being a sex tourist so good riddance if he’s actually hosed off for real. The thing is this dude was openly gay. He didn’t kill himself bc he was bullied on twitter, he killed himself bc internalised narratives about how femininity is weak directly clashed with his lived experiences as a gay dude. Guy lived with that festering wound his entire life and then became the main character on twitter for it. Maybe if he had better support he wouldn’t have killed himself but if he had better support he wouldn’t have been in a group disavowed from the right wing party for being too fash screaming at drag queens reading children’s books. It’s hosed up and George Christensen can gently caress himself for using it as his excuse to log off bc he hosed a 15 yo in the Philippines or we

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Like, Alec Holowka didn’t kill himself because he was called out either, but that didn’t stop all of the Ethics In Video Games Journalism people screaming at Zoe Quinn that she’s a murderer.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Yeah I know, it’s just as a queer bloke from a rural area I’m really grossed out by this dude from a party that demonises lgbt people hopping on this guys suicide and giving a bit more context for our foreign friends

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tiggum posted:

What do CDs have to do with anything here? Does she not know that old computers used tapes and is somehow confused by the term "compact cassettes"? She's, like, 33 - too young for the reference to computers saving to tape to really be about anything she has first-hand experience with, but old enough that she probably should be aware that CDs don't qualify as "early days of home computing".

The "early days of home computing" began whenever you began using a home computer, obviously. Could be 1982, could be 2003, there's no way to know.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

George Christensen has essentially already been ‘bullied’ off twitter already for being a sex tourist so good riddance if he’s actually hosed off for real.

Looks like he did. Coward, I will never log off.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TinTower posted:

rockyeet now has imitators

Oh my dear summer child, Pumpkin man isn't an imitator, he's a true believer of the garbage he spews unfortunately. He's just worse at hiding it than PebbleThrow.

efb;

Somfin posted:

Pumpkin Face, like Red Panels before him, has a problem with being too obvious and getting banned and needing to rebuild from scratch on the regular

There's a weird lovely little cabal of these fucks, all of whom are desperately trying to be as popular as Red Panels used to be, all of whom absolutely hate art and each other with a seething passion and smile through their teeth at each others' sad little victories, all of whom are now running scared and playing the deep irony "oh I'm not touching you" garbage card now since each of the platforms are getting incrementally better and better at seeing through their poo poo

They hate each other, really? I thought they were all pretty chummy for all being fashy fucks.

Mercedes Colomar has a new favorite as of 09:02 on Jan 13, 2020

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Manuel Calavera posted:

They hate each other, really? I thought they were all pretty chummy for all being fashy fucks.

If this new era of rising fascism has taught me anything it's that nazis are all mean-girl level friends at best.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Apropos of that, I was talking with my wife about what the guy that killed himself's "friends" are doing right now. I think she hit it on the head when she said "they're probably in their 4chan chat room laughing and calling him homophobic slurs".

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

there wolf posted:

If this new era of rising fascism has taught me anything it's that nazis are all mean-girl level friends at best.

True, right. They all just tolerate each other to get rid of what they think are "the worse ones." I know stonetoss tried to start poo poo with me once, and he's just a dumbass who went "haha look a furry" and his sycophants tried to get "epic burns"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

there wolf posted:

That was also true of nazis in Germany in 1933, so however funny their petty infighting is remember to always punch a nazi in the face with a brick every single chance you get.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Manuel Calavera posted:

True, right. They all just tolerate each other to get rid of what they think are "the worse ones." I know stonetoss tried to start poo poo with me once, and he's just a dumbass who went "haha look a furry" and his sycophants tried to get "epic burns"

The second one of them actually hits success, which none of them will because they're all hateful artless ironic sad sack fucks who couldn't draw their way out of a paper bag except for stonetoss (and stonetoss is too known and toxic to get out of painful, shameful obscurity), they'll drop each other like a sack of flaming turds. That ladder will be pulled up comically fast.

The best thing that could happen is one of them tries to start a big ol' collaboration indiegogo and they all try to be the first one to run away with the money

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Somfin posted:

The best thing that could happen is one of them tries to start a big ol' collaboration indiegogo and they all try to be the first one to run away with the money

Man this just reminds me of the sarkesian project, those were the days!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Cleveland_PL/status/1216351654553038848

Just a public library's social media account doing some union busting on a Sunday.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/marysuewriter/status/1162966328329854976?s=21

https://twitter.com/marysuewriter/status/1163579856275173376?s=21

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
My Twitter account was permanently suspended for me telling the Miramar police department that I wish the choke on their holiday treats because they are coward pieces of poo poo who murdered a UPS driver.

Well worth it IMO.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Just a public library's social media account doing some union busting on a Sunday.

I'm apparently extremely dense. Having read these tweets and a couple dozen of the replies, I can't figure out what the actual issue or context is. Is the library just lying about giving the union workers raises, is that what's going on? How is that union-busting?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Data Graham posted:

I'm apparently extremely dense. Having read these tweets and a couple dozen of the replies, I can't figure out what the actual issue or context is. Is the library just lying about giving the union workers raises, is that what's going on? How is that union-busting?

From the replies it seems like they are just lying.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

From the replies it seems like they are just lying.

Either they are lying or saying a yearly COL raise is technically a "raise."

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

ratbert90 posted:

Either they are lying or saying a yearly COL raise is technically a "raise."

It sounds like they are just lying.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

lemonadesweetheart posted:

It sounds like they are just lying.

I would expect no less from management.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I dunno, that sounds like an advertisement for the union, if they got their staff raises. Wouldn’t union busting involve saying how the union got bad treatment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Sounds like they're doing PR against the union