Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr Cheeto posted:

mario kart world tour's driving feels weird and bad, to me

frankly this is what I would consider a "minus" in a kart racing game

I find it a pretty fun game once I got used to it. I’d never spend real money on it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh my god Linkle gets cucco armies hell yeah

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mario Kart Mobile is worthless to me because with the exception of unlocking stuff, I only play Mario Kart splitscreen with friends in the same room. But I also agree that a new one isn't necessary, just make more DLC for 8DX.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh my god Linkle gets cucco armies hell yeah

Linkle's missions are my favorite part of that game. It's a crime she hasn't made it into any other game.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

To be fair, there's only been one Zelda game since she was introduced, and it was designed around being intentionally sparse and thin on characters. I'm not sure where she'd fit into Breath of the Wild.

Maybe Cadence of Hyrule could've made some room for her. Give her a crossbow and a compass.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Linkle is amazing and I like how she is a mix of humor and actually getting poo poo done.

The gimmick of the compass being that it takes her where she is needed, not where she wants to go, is clever as hell.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

American McGay posted:

What's bad about it?

It’s not a particularly fun game to play as it is. But the game is based around a never ending goal of earning currency to spin the wheel and unlock 7 different variations on Mario and Peach that have different special weapons, which will help you earn more currency to unlock more characters at random.

Like imaging MK8, but you could only use tilt controls and the audio driving/stay on the track feature. But there were no formal cups. Just keep racing to earn coins to unlock never ending car parts.

Dr Mario world is fantastic though and I highly recommend it

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 13, 2020

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr Cheeto posted:

mario kart world tour's driving feels weird and bad, to me

frankly this is what I would consider a "minus" in a kart racing game

The driving feels so good to me I tried to play MK8 the other day and couldn't effectively go back. I had unearned everything

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The driving feels so good to me I tried to play MK8 the other day and couldn't effectively go back. I had unearned everything

Freudian slip.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GoodBee posted:

I'll probably skip all of them but if I'm dying for something grid based, then I'll get whatever is the newest. Can you still drop infinite hours into a Disgaea? That was a selling point on the first even though I bounced off.

Why can't we get a FFT remake or sequel or clone?

You can definitely drop a billion hours into disgaea. Very few of those hours particularly "tactics-like" though since the endgame is basically a grinding puzzle game where you are trying to find ways that shoot your units stats into the stratosphere as quickly as possible. The main story is a good length and relatively normal though.

Tactics and positioning matter a lot less when your units start moving spaces and have huge AOE attacks that can kill 10 enemies in one go.(or just have a straight up map-wide AOE abilities for fast item world farming or something=

Andrast fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 13, 2020

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

GoodBee posted:

I might. It sounds pretty okay. I'd like a demo though.

I'll probably skip all of them but if I'm dying for something grid based, then I'll get whatever is the newest. Can you still drop infinite hours into a Disgaea? That was a selling point on the first even though I bounced off.

I think Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark is the closest thing you’ll find. I played it on PC and it’s about as close as you can get to FFT these days. I’d kill for FFT or FFTA/FFTA2 on the Switch.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Bought Stardew Valley over the weekend (it was $10) and haven’t been able to put it down. I don’t think I’ll get to play multiplayer (not sure how it works), but it’s still lots of fun.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Multiplayer Stardew doesn't really work if you're a psycho who binges the game for 9 hours at a time (like me) because it's synchronous on account of the time system which means you can't really just pop in and help out like you would an Animal Crossing village or whatever.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My BotW playtime finally updated and it says I've played for 75 hours or more and I still haven't beaten the game :shobon:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rageaholic posted:

My BotW playtime finally updated and it says I've played for 75 hours or more and I still haven't beaten the game :shobon:

My first playthrough took over 100 hours but I wanted to find each shrine and do every side quest without a guide before confronting Ganon.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think 200 hours is probably an average playtime of BOTW. You've got a ways to go.

Oh Mister B
Feb 29, 2008

i could not get thru september w/o a battle

GoodBee posted:

Isn't that what the new dark crystal game is?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rageaholic posted:

Yeah that’s completely normal. I’m sure I had 120+ hours in before the credits rolled on Wii-U. I have 200+ on Switch and haven’t even touched Gannon yet

If you have the dlc it’s a big hunk of time added

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really wish Advance Wars was on Switch in some way.:smith:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is Nintendo still doing that free replacement of your joycon if it's suffering from Stick drift? Cause my right stick is getting worse by the day.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anora posted:

Is Nintendo still doing that free replacement of your joycon if it's suffering from Stick drift? Cause my right stick is getting worse by the day.

Yes. Call them.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Feels Villeneuve posted:

one of the most hosed up things about the PS4 is that due to the lack of a new Sega All Stars Racing game, there is basically no acceptable kart racer on that thing

Didn't they just make a new Sonic kart racer recently?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

Have you cleaned it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GURa16H_QvM

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

my pro controllers left stick has a weird click/notch that seems to move around a bit

feels kinda like a gate on older controllers

:waycool:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

sigher posted:

Didn't they just make a new Sonic kart racer recently?

Yeah and it was pretty mediocre.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Atelier Arland DX collection launches on Tuesday. They are a trilogy of games set in a world affected by climate change the Dusk, a phenomenon where the world is dying. The games feature older protagonists so they aren't treated like little kids and most of the anime bullshit seen in Arland went away with it. The gameplay cycle revolves around crafting items, using the items to explore, then using the items gained from exploration to make better items to progress the story before time runs out. Exploration areas are small maps with symbol encounters, it wasn't until the follow-up Mysterious series that exploration areas were made larger.

Ayesha is about a girl trying to find her lost sister and learning about the art of alchemy in the process. It's the last Atelier game to be completely made by Gust before being purchased by Koei Tecmo.

Escha & Logy is about a town on the frontier, where the titular Escha and Logy are tasked with researching the Dusk and crafting items with alchemy to aid residents. It's one of the rare occasions in the modern 3D games that you can play as a male protagonist and have a sword. The anime isn't good.

Atelier Shallie is about an oasis town with the water drying up. Two girls with the same nickname meet and work together to find the cause. The Vita Plus and DX versions were reworked to implement plot elements and characters that did not appear in the original PS3 version since there wasn't a 4th game to wrap up the story. Gust corporation was absorbed into Koei Tecmo after the original release.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

GoodBee posted:

I might. It sounds pretty okay. I'd like a demo though.

A direct way back when showed off a clone using the Dark Crystal IP. I don't know what ever happened to that game but with the show out for a while now, (was it any good?,) It feels like it wouldn't be very relevant.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Broforce Pro Tips

I've beaten Broforce every which way but loose, and I literally didn't know half of these things. Including sprint! That would sure as hell would come in handy when you're getting chased/escaping from that certain thing. :bang:

That's how loving awesome this game is. I've beaten it multiple times solo with practically one hand tied behind my back.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Linkle's missions are my favorite part of that game. It's a crime she hasn't made it into any other game.

It is, not even as a cameo or side character or anything.

I'll have to settle cosplaying as her in my dumb anime mmo game.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Oh Mister B posted:

Isn't that what the new dark crystal game is?

I hadn't heard of that one. It looks promising.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

POCKET CHOMP posted:

L(H)M3 Scarescraper question: What is the "Random" number of floors option? Every time I've picked it, it always just says "5F" in the lobby, and I've only bothered playing it through twice, both times, as indicated, it went to five floors and that's it.

Coming from LM2's Scarescraper that had all the different standalone modes and so many more floor options (5/10/25/Endless), LM3 just having one mode and "5/10/Random" floor options kind of sucks, especially when it seems like "Random" essentially does nothing.

that's a bummer to hear! I never played LM3. afaik the random option seems to be more like a an opportunistic choice, like match me up with whoever. maybe?

I've definitely won through to the end of some 10 floor games multiple times though. the matching seems dependent on whoever else is playing at the moment and they might throw ya into whatever's available....

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

GoodBee posted:

I hadn't heard of that one. It looks promising.

Oh shiiiit. Is that coming soon? I thought the series reboot was amazing. Apparently the game is based on it.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

doing a ten floor right now. it is possible.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

japan is getting back from work during these recent few hours and is a good time to try online

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

BABA is HARD
YOU is STUPID

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

tuo posted:

BABA is HARD
YOU is STUPID

you need to break up the second one, hth

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

100YrsofAttitude posted:

A direct way back when showed off a clone using the Dark Crystal IP. I don't know what ever happened to that game but with the show out for a while now, (was it any good?,) It feels like it wouldn't be very relevant.
The game is scheduled to release February 4th.

The new show was really good. It expanded a lot on the film (I think there were some books or comics or something that had already been doing that, but I haven't read any of them).

I'm nervously anticipating the game. It could easily be a piece of poo poo, but it also has potential to be amazing from the little bits I've seen.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Soricidus posted:

you need to break up the second one, hth

BABA is STUPID HARD

YOU is

*silence

e: I also didn't have an "and"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Fly Ricky posted:

That's how loving awesome this game is. I've beaten it multiple times solo with practically one hand tied behind my back.

This is how I feel about RE4; I've just played it so many times, and will never not own it on a platform I have. At least with the single player missions (Leon and Ada), I know it, beat by beat.

In 12 years, if they're still porting it to the PS6/Xbox Whoa/Nintendo Magical Electronic Surprise, I'll buy it again.

And yet, I still have never successfully unlocked the handcannon :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mister Facetious posted:

Polyphony should get to work developing MOTOR TOON GRAND PRIX 2 :rock:

They did!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_Toon_Grand_Prix_2