Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cargohills posted:

What character do you mean? If you're talking about the Bendu, the big Force animal thing, that's Tom Baker from Doctor Who.

Naw, one of the admiral dudes who sounded less like him as I heard the guy talk. False alarm :shobon:

My favorite scene in the entire show is the part where AP5 is floating alone in space, surrounded by those purple fish things. That was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I lost it went she went running by, dragging her lightsaber along the ground and brutally decapitating droids she had already bisected.

i respect this video for properly acknowledging droids as people and thus worth counting

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Icon Of Sin posted:

In looking for that clip, someone stitched together all of the scene where she killed something and tallied it up.

https://youtu.be/yJ-C9DdfrB0

Ahoska must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dawgstar posted:

Ahoska must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille.

Blazing saddles joke. 11/10

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm sure Chopper has the highest kill count of any hero in Star Wars.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Icon Of Sin posted:

In looking for that clip, someone stitched together all of the scene where she killed something and tallied it up.

https://youtu.be/yJ-C9DdfrB0
If those numbers are remotely accurate, that means Ahsoka essentially has a higher body count than Vader, right?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Anakin's proud of his little murder machine.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Xenomrph posted:

If those numbers are remotely accurate, that means Ahsoka essentially has a higher body count than Vader, right?

If you're not counting Anakin as Vader and only looking at movies and TV series and not counting Death Star blowing up Leia's planet then yes. If you're counting all outside media then no, Vader in the comics has torn poo poo up.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jerkface posted:

If you're not counting Anakin as Vader and only looking at movies and TV series and not counting Death Star blowing up Leia's planet then yes. If you're counting all outside media then no, Vader in the comics has torn poo poo up.

Alderaan was entirely on Tarkin (or maybe the guy who actually pushed the levers), Vader actively distances himself from the Death Star’s capabilities.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xenomrph posted:

Only if you count battle droids

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Vader kills so many people in the comics even the emperor at one point is like "you should probably tone it down a little bro, i dont want to rule over a galaxy of corpses" lol

site fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 13, 2020

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Azhais posted:

Only if you count battle droids

Droids are people too :colbert:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

The separatist battle drones weren’t supposed to be people: they were drones remote controlled en masses by powerful computers on the capital ship. That’s why they all shut down at the end of TPM when Anakin now that’s podracing’d the big ship.

But over time George Lucas kind of forgot, and everyone else did too, so they ended up talking to each other and acting in a way that makes no sense for what should be drone bodies being controlled by a single mind to act.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The separatist battle drones weren’t supposed to be people: they were drones remote controlled en masses by powerful computers on the capital ship. That’s why they all shut down at the end of TPM when Anakin now that’s podracing’d the big ship.

But over time George Lucas kind of forgot, and everyone else did too, so they ended up talking to each other and acting in a way that makes no sense for what should be drone bodies being controlled by a single mind to act.

That was a deliberate change; the trade federation learned from the events over Naboo that having all the droids centrally controlled led to one big giant target to attack that shuts down their entire army. The switch to the droids being individually directed prevents that from happening, at the expense of individuals personality traits showing up in the droids.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jerkface posted:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Good news, everyone!

quote:

I’m told “Ben” Kenobi crosses paths with his old friend from Naboo, Jar Jar Binks. Early work has been conducted for the CGI Gungan’s return to Star Wars. Jar Jar has a beard to reflect where he’s been and what his life has been like since they were all deceived by a great lie that ushered in the first Galactic Empire. Kenobi will not be the only bearded character this time.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Old Man Jar Jar

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

jivjov posted:

That was a deliberate change; the trade federation learned from the events over Naboo that having all the droids centrally controlled led to one big giant target to attack that shuts down their entire army. The switch to the droids being individually directed prevents that from happening, at the expense of individuals personality traits showing up in the droids.

Right, except that the droids talk to each other and address one another by rank and say “Roger Roger” from literally the first scene they’re in in TPM, which makes zero sense according to the plot essential drone army scenario.

Because in the span between writing and directing George Lucas forgot.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The droids were always individuals, they just had a universal kill switch that could get thrown to shut down all of the droids at once, which is kind of a profound existential horror from the perspective of the droids; it’s like if the clone troopers had been deployed with suicide bombs in their brains that could be arbitrarily activated at a moment’s notice.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

:psyduck:

MSW’s leaks on the tv side have been all over the place thus far, so I don’t know what to make of this.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Emancipation of Jar Jar Binks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jar Jar!
Do not call me that, I am now Yusif Islam.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

twistedmentat posted:

No calls meesa that, meesa now Yusif Islam.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That feels like one of those 'safe bets' that could actually go either way. If Jar Jar shows up, and it wouldn't be that shocking, the site's Nostradamus If they didn't, who cares it's Jar Jar.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I will be LMAO if he travels to Tatooine and gets "robbed" of a boatload of credits.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Obi Wan is confronted in the desert by a figure in a long black robe.

"Meesa been trainings in ways o' da Forces some woulda consida unnatural."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Except gungans don’t grow facial hair, they grow weird little tentacles, so hesa gonna look more like Davy Jones*.

*The squid man, not the Monkee.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Hopefully he appears just long enough to dry out on tattoine

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Phylodox posted:

Except gungans don’t grow facial hair, they grow weird little tentacles, so hesa gonna look more like Davy Jones*.

*The squid man, not the Monkee.

He grows a hairy beard out of sheer ignorance of how gungans are supposed to work

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Right, except that the droids talk to each other and address one another by rank and say “Roger Roger” from literally the first scene they’re in in TPM, which makes zero sense according to the plot essential drone army scenario.

Because in the span between writing and directing George Lucas forgot.

Can't believe George Lucas just went and forgot that robots aren't people when he made Star Wars. This "C-3PO" fella goes on about how much he's suffering when he's just a hunk of metal with an off switch!

What a dunderhead that Lucas is, am I right?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The Nemoidians had to devote most of their droids' processing power to comic relief to classify them as protocol droids and fly under the Republic's sanctions on battle droid production.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Finished Rebels. I liked it a lot by the end, but yeah, it's kinda jank and dumb until about halfway through season 2. Definitely a Disney kids show until that point.

I need something else to do now.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pollyanna posted:

Finished Rebels. I liked it a lot by the end, but yeah, it's kinda jank and dumb until about halfway through season 2. Definitely a Disney kids show until that point.

I need something else to do now.

There's a whole comic ribbit hole you can wiggle down

https://comicbookreadingorders.com/other/star-wars-marvel-reading-order/

May i suggest you start at Princess Leia or the Rogue One comic and work your way down, i'd read the main three before ytou read the RotS > ANH comics
Tie Fighter comic, i'd skip that until you read/listen to Alphabet squadron novel.

Or if you dont hate yourself, you can go outside and be a real live person.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Rocksicles posted:

There's a whole comic ribbit hole you can wiggle down

https://comicbookreadingorders.com/other/star-wars-marvel-reading-order/

May i suggest you start at Princess Leia or the Rogue One comic and work your way down, i'd read the main three before ytou read the RotS > ANH comics
Tie Fighter comic, i'd skip that until you read/listen to Alphabet squadron novel.

Or if you dont hate yourself, you can go outside and be a real live person.

I'm going to read Doctor Aphra soon because she is obviously great, and I'm down with reading Gillen's Darth Vader comics because Kieron Gillen is also great. Is Star Wars Vol.2 essential [or a big add] too? Does she just appear in some here and there?

I'm an X-Men fan, so I ain't afraid of no linked titles bumping up the number of issues to read to get a better picture, but I'm not looking to go full-bore into the Star Wars comics.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Metalshark posted:

I'm going to read Doctor Aphra soon because she is obviously great, and I'm down with reading Gillen's Darth Vader comics because Kieron Gillen is also great. Is Star Wars Vol.2 essential [or a big add] too? Does she just appear in some here and there?

I'm an X-Men fan, so I ain't afraid of no linked titles bumping up the number of issues to read to get a better picture, but I'm not looking to go full-bore into the Star Wars comics.

Yeah she does, Not much though. Personally i think the main Star Wars comic is mostly good. It's got some duds, but I enjoy it, and i skip over the bits i don't like. Some of the artwork is a bit wonky

But i have them all, so i read them all.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The first Lando mini comic from ~2016 is a fun heist. Lando robs a ship with Lobot and some cat people. Never got around to Double Or Nothing.

Star Wars mainline is fine but there's better stuff out there.

Star Wars Infinities are goofy What If? takes on the OT and I love that trash. There are several good Darth Vader And The... minis if you go back to Dark Horse stuff. It's all on Marvel Unlimited anyway.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Metalshark posted:

Make sure to read Vader first, since Aphra appears there first. As for crossovers, there's one with Vader and the main book and Aphra and the main book but it's cool, they're both really good.

The KOTOR comic from Dark Horse originally is also a great read especially if you like the games.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Both of the Maul comics are good. Haven't read Thrawn yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Metalshark posted:

aphra's story actually starts with gillens vader, and then doctor aphra the series begins when that book ends, just fyi