Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

is adel gonna get real ripped as a side effect?? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

thetruegentleman posted:

Pretty much any handgun hollow-point bullet won't over-penetrate like that, and most non-rifle bullets won't either if shot from a fair distance away (especially if the bullet hits a rib and tumbles, which is probably how a bullet gets close to the heart without killing you in seconds.)

Gonna call it a 9mm and say the shooter’s name was benny. He was always poo poo at doing his murder job properly.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Yes... I had to be persistent, but they finally caved...

Angie's annoyance is finally good for something! :toot:

Angie, I know Professor Blackwell must have had a good reason for joining them. Otherwise, he never would have accepted their offer without at least consulting you first.
Can you think of a good enough reason for him to not even tell his own daughter? I've supported him this entire time as he worked to atone for all the things he did...
...... Maybe his last GUILT operation made him have a change of heart. Even though it was successful, it may have made him more concerned about his condition...
Then he should have come to Caduceus.
...If we see him in person though, that should give us our answers. I'm sorry to have dragged you into coming along.
It's no problem, Angie. I'd like to hear what his true intentions are too.
Dr. Stiles... Thank you.

Well, Angie, let's go inside.
Right... My father is here...

It's a lot like Caduceus, but it may be even better equipped...
I had a feeling you'd come...
Father...
Angie... Derek. It's been a while. It may have been better though if we hadn't met like this...
...? Professor Blackwell... Are you OK?
My prognostics look great, thanks to your flawless operation. I'd expect no less from you, Derek. Thank you.
You're welcome...
...Why...? Why have you joined the Hands of Asclepius, Father!?
Was it all a big lie when you told me all that about atoning for your sins!?
I... can't blame you for thinking that way... ...... ...But there were limits on how much research I could actually accomplish while in prison. Despite my crimes, I was treated very well, but I was constantly frustrated by those limitations.
If prison wasn't sufficient enough, then why didn't you come to Caduceus!? Wouldn't that have been a more logical choice than coming here!?
The facility here, the funds, the lack of restrictions... These are all very beneficial conditions.

:homebrew:

And... they've requested that I participate in the ability enhancement program as well.
...!? Then you were recruited by Patrick Mercer!?
Yes, that's correct. The mass production of doctors capable of the Healing Touch... It will help people around the world. And I want to be a part of the research that will help take down diseases like GUILT.
Father...
...That's all I can tell you, unfortunately. Everyone here has signed non-disclosure agreements. But, I'm doing well, so please, don't worry about me.
Can I ask one more thing before we leave, Professor?
...Yes?
What are those remnants of Delphi trying to do with GUILT?
...Since they've lost Adam, I doubt they can do much more than seek out vengeance. Without his guiding philosophy, they'll probably just try to hurt society by any means possible. Though, I hope that's not the case. We'd have a much harder time stopping them if it is... I'm sorry, I shouldn't speak of such pessimistic things. Lately, it's just been very difficult to perceive what's true and what isn't. Anyway, I've got to get going. Angie, take care... *leaves*
Father... Why...?
He's up to something, Angie... I know it.

Yeah, the episode is still going. It really should've been split into two.

The possibility of that outbreak being an organized terrorist attack was suggested early on... But now that Delphi's reformation has been confirmed, it's logical to assume they were behind it.
So you're saying the attacks on Elysium and Acropolis were connected?
Yes, exactly... But there's more to it... At the time of the attack, Elysium and Acropolis were in cooperation, for PGS medicine research. That means Acropolis has been somehow involved in both of the attacks thus far. It isn't so far-fetched, then, to theorize that someone from the inside may have aided the assault. And since Elysium is government-staffed, it'd be more plausible that it was on Acropolis' side.
...Then Delphi has already managed to infiltrate them...?
...I believe it would be a good idea to alert Acropolis of that possibility. Of course, we'll need to send them a very detailed explanation of why we believe so...
Dr. Stiles and I need to go there to check on their infected personnel, so why not send us? Acropolis and the HOA have gotten very close lately, making it hard for us to even get in there... But since Dr. Stiles is well-liked by both sides, we'll have a better chance of getting an appointment.
You have a good point, Angie. Then I'll count on both of you to inform President Mayuzumi.
You're pretty aggressive today, Angie.
I don't think we can afford to be on the defensive any more, Doctor.

Yes, we have an appointment with her.

Secretary: "Mr. Stiles... Yes, we have you down. Unfortunately, President Mayuzumi is running a little late returning from a lunch meeting... Would you like to wait for her to return, or try again later?"

We'll wait. She is returning though, right?

If you remember the title of this episode...

Secretary: "Yes... Oh, in fact, her car is pulling up on the parking lot monitor now. Wait... Who are those-- What the...!?"

...!? Is something wrong!?

Secretary: "*gasp* President Mayuzumi! Oh no...! She's surrounded by men all dressed in black!"

What!?

Angie, watch out! ...Th-That car almost hit you!
It was going way too fast!

*Siren*

The police are finally here!
Wh-What's going on!?

Th-This is terrible... Help!
Hey, tell us what happened!
The President...! Someone has kidnapped President Mayuzumi...!
Kidnapped!?
I'm the driver of the President's car... but, we were suddenly ambushed by three men... They put a gun to my head and dragged me out of the car!
Then the car that just tore out of here.... Was the President still inside!?
The security guard on duty saw it happening and tried to stop them... But they got away!

Man's voice: "We need a doctor! Get someone down here, quick!"

...!? Is someone hurt!?
Th-That's one of the assailants... They exchanged gunfire with the security guards... He got shot, and--
As the president's driver, you have access to the rooms inside, right?
What are you planning, Doctor!?
I need him to let the employees here know about the situation so we can use their operating room! If we wait for an ambulance, that man won't make it! Can you do that for me!?
I-I'll try!
Angie, I'm going to need your help!
Yes, Dr. Stiles!

Operation Video

Yep. One loving Minute. ONE.

The bullet hit the patient very close to his heart but it doesn't seem to have penetrated all the way through.
Then the bullet must still be inside... This is going to be a tricky procedure.
Yes, we need to operate with the utmost of care. We have only one objective for this operation:
  • Extract the bullet lodged near the heart.
We only have an approximate location of the bullet. Let's be careful, Doctor.

Let's begin. The patient is in critical condition. We'll have to work both quickly and carefully. First, let's drain the blood pool and treat the exterior gunshot wound.

Yep. Fifteen Max Vitals. FIFTEEN.

Treating that wound and opening him up costs 6 seconds. From 60.

We can't see the affected areas because of all the blood... Please clear it up with the drain.

Yeah, we're using Healing Touch right now. Especially since right when ...

Doctor! The patient's undergone cardiac arrest! We need to resuscitate him with the defib--
No, we can't use that until we've extracted the bullet round!
And it'll be too dangerous to massage the heart... We'll have to treat him as is!
...Understood. Let's hurry!

Did I mention fifteen max vitals? I mean ten. TEN.

Here's your reminder that Atlus made this game; the same Atlus that feeds on its players' tears.

Technically we can leave those blood pools around the bullet around since they don't drain HP by themselves, but since I'm already using the drain...

At least the bullet isn't torn in half this time.

Make sure you don't get a Miss when removing the bullet/placing the membrane, though. One Miss and we're toast (technically the patient is the dead one, but details).

Extraction complete! Let's treat the remaining--

What the--!?

Oh for gently caress's sake! :argh:

The funny thing is that because we're using HT here, the wounds come up very slowly. So it seems like Derek is just staring in disbelief at all this bullshit.

N-No... The myocardium is severely damaged!
We can use the defibrillator to-- No, that won't be quick enough!
I'll massage it directly with my hand, but you'll have to help me time it!

Did someone ask for a new gameplay mechanic? No? Well too loving bad! :buddy:

...Understood! I'll project the guideline in the shape of a ring! The larger ring on the outside will contract, overlapping the center ring. When the two rings overlap each other, press down in their center!

Massaging the heart is very straightforward. Once you get the timing down, it's very easy to do. 5 massages are enough to bring the patient back to life.

...I don't know why they suddenly decided to get realistic. Or how it's faster than using the defibrillator. Or why they think it's a good idea to introduce it in a operation with this much bullshit already :argh:

Anyway, after resuscitating the patient we just have to patch up the wound.

What's the matter, Angie?
O-Oh, it's nothing. Please close him up.

Just kidding! We also have to close him up. Sucks to be the guy who had like two seconds left by this point! :buddy:

It's me. I actually finished with like 20 centiseconds left :sweatdrop:

...Operation complete. Well done. ...Doctor, do you think a mole could really have infiltrated Acropolis?
I don't know, but we can't deny that it's a possibility...
I'm worried about President Mayuzumi...

We finished in less than 15 seconds (with Healing Touch)! :toot:

:c00lbert:

My name is Detective Buckley, from the precinct.
Oh, yes. I'm Derek Stiles.
What is the suspect's condition?
The bullet has caused damage to his heart. He needs to remain under close observation.
Is there any way we can transport him?
Absolutely not! It would be too dangerous to move him right now!
...I see. Well, it's imperative that we question him as soon as he's conscious.
...That won't be possible, for at least a while... He could still undergo arrhythmia, so he may even need to have a pacemaker put in.

:eng101: Arrythmia means problem regarding irregular heartbeat pattern.

Hm, well, the longer we wait, the more of a problem we have. We don't have any leads as to where Ms. Mayuzumi may have been taken. So, as of right now, that suspect is our best source of information. Isn't there anything you can do, Doctor?

Well that was a bullshit operation. But at least we have the Healing Touch this time. And the game doesn't pile on more gimmicks like that NB operation where we can't use any stabilizer.

Bonus Operation Video :shepicide:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jan 11, 2020

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I honestly expected the operation to be another fake one, like it ends in his death because you can't do it in time or the HOA gets in the way and does it instead or something. I'm surprised it was just that straight-forward.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I honestly expected the operation to be another fake one, like it ends in his death because you can't do it in time or the HOA gets in the way and does it instead or something. I'm surprised it was just that straight-forward.

Yeah I was expecting bullshit with a side of drama but this was fairly straightforward bullshit. Though I wish Angie would speak what's on her mind while we still had him on the table, I feel we're in for a "the patient now has guilt" and angie is all "I knew it!" situation

That bonus operation was pretty impressive, by the way. Laughing pretty hard that the game doeesnt give an instant XS for managing to do it without the healing touch, though. Hey good job on that hard operation champ, here'es an A. Loser.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Angie's using her powers for good, to bulldoze bullshit plot barriers. :v:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Jesus. Imagine being a shmuck on this operation. You JUST barely made it, suturing and gelling the wound...only to gently caress up the bandage by accident and WHOOPS you killed the patient.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Those vitals at 2 were just...geez.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I actually considered failing the operation with a bandage at the end of that bonus video :v:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

It's been so long since she was kidnapped... Man, do you think she's really gonna be alright?
Well, they've determined that it was definitely Delphi, and I heard they've started negotiations.
That's good, maybe that'll buy them enough time to track 'em down... And what happened to the kidnapper they caught? He didn't tell them?
It's not that he won't, he can't. He's still in no condition to be interrogated. His recovery from the wound itself looks good, but there have been signs of arrhythmia. It's to the point where we're discussing whether or not to insert a pacemaker.
I wonder what'll happen to Ms. Mayuzumi...
I'm worried about her too, but we just have to hope she'll be OK... There's nothing we can do.

Would it be possible to attach a GPS to a pacemaker, which would allow us to track the suspect?
I've heard about that kind of technology being used in the military... But are you implying you want us to implement that in our patient, Detective Buckley?
Well, if we were to "let" him escape, he'd most likely lead us right to Ms. Mayuzumi's location. At this point, we don't have time to waste on an interrogation that could lead us nowhere.
So you would really let the suspect escape on purpose... And you want Caduceus to go along with something like that?
I know it's a gamble, but right now it's the best course of action available to us.
I'm totally against this! The suspect hasn't even completely healed yet! Even if we do insert the pacemaker, he still won't be able to do anything strenuous!
I hadn't planned on telling you this, so please make sure you keep it confidential... But Delphi has demanded that any organizations researching anti-GUILT medication be dismantled.

I'm surprised they haven't infected her already. They've infected her already.

...That's absurd!
As a doctor, I still can't agree to go along with this. It puts the patient's life at risk.
Listen, we're negotiating with you because you're his physicians... But my department is moving under the assumption that this operation is going to take place. if Caduceus won't proceed, we've considered having doctors from the HOA go through with it.
Them!? You can't be serious!
I'm sure they wouldn't refuse...
Derek... 24 hours.
...What?

If the police can't ascertain the president's location within that time frame then that patient will be taken back into custody and brought here. Is that a deal, Detective?
...That sounds fine with me.
B-But...
Derek, we have to consider the best solution. Our patient's life is not the only one at stake. If we want to save Ms. Mayuzumi, then we have to cooperate with them. Understood...?
...Yes, sir.
Thank you for your support.
...But if any abnormalities occur in the patient, please call off your operation immediately.
...We'll do the best we can to ensure that happens, but I can't make any guarantees...

Alright! It's malpractice time! :confuoot:

For this operation, we'll be implanting a pacemaker in the patient's chest. His condition remains unstable, due to the weakening of his heart caused by the chest injury. The pacemaker we'll be putting in should remedy this. There is only one objective for this operation:
  • Implant the pacemaker and activate it.
needless to say, this operation puts the patient's life at great risk. His cardiopulmonary functions have already gotten weaker, so if any problems arise, there's a high possibility he could go into cardiac arrest. Please be extremely careful.
I understand.

Operation Video

Let's begin. Our patient's condition is questionable, so please be careful with the procedure. We won't be able to use the defibrillator while the pacemaker is being installed. If his heart fibrillates, please resuscitate him by massaging it.

List of future operations where we're going to revive the heart by defibrillator or massage:

This zoomed-out heart view reminds me of Paraskevi operations in UtK.

Anyway, we have to place the pacemaker in the designated spot and put the wires in it.

Then, we have to cut open the heart and connect the wires to it, draining and suturing as necessary.

Alright, let's activate the pacemaker.

*The light blinks*

Hmm... it doesn't seem to be functioning properly... Give me a second... ...... Hmm... It seems like there's a problem with the lead...

Doctor, the patient's undergone cardiac arrest! Please massage his heart!

So we do just that.

We have a pulse! Resuscitation was successful, Doctor!
Of all times to flatline... We have to stay alert. I'll watch the electrocardiogram; he could go into cardiac arrest again. But, why didn't the pacemaker work properly...?
What the!? I can't believe this!
What's wrong, Angie?
The lead snapped! It's a faulty line, Doctor! And the police are the ones who provided it! We need to give that police a piece of our minds!

:argh:

Angie, the operation is what's most important right now. Let's get another lead ready!
...Right. I'll take care of it. Please retrieve both leads and replace them with this new pair. First, disinfect the connection area with the antibiotic gel.

Good thing Caduceus has fully functional wires ready. Wouldn't want a repeat of that drain incident :v:

So we gel, cut, drain, remove, and suture in that order.

And then we put the new wires and repeat the whole process with the addition of using the ultrasound to find the spots we cut earlier.

Why did we have to suture the previous holes if we're just going to cut them up 3 seconds later? :iiam:

The leads are connected! I'm going to activate the pacemaker!

*The light stays on this time*

The pacemaker is activated, and it's working properly! ...He'll be alright now. Let's get him closed up, Doctor.

Suturing ensues.

Operation complete!
...Doctor, I can't stand it any longer! We need to file a complaint with the police! They forced us to perform this operation, and then gave us faulty equipment!
You're right, Angie. I'll go with you. But, all that aside, I'm more concerned about the burden on this patient...

Spoiler: he's going to escape.

We need 5 massages to revive the heart, so we can only let cardiac arrest occur once. Since there's one that occur automatically, this means that we can't have any fibrillation if we want that XS rank.

...Yes... I understand. Right, we'll leave the rest to you. *hangs up* Derek, everything is proceeding as planned. The patient has escaped and the police are monitoring him.
Hmm...
I hope that his condition stays stable...
I know that as doctors, what we're doing here may seem deplorable...
But this is a war, and our enemies are Delphi and GUILT. This maneuver may prevent more GUILT terrorism from taking place. And if that's the case then I know we've done the right thing. We just have to keep our hopes up, and depend on the police to expose and eradicate what's left of Delphi.
Indeed...

I just realized that Hoffman is nowhere to be found in this episode :iiam:

Don't you feel GUILTy for plagiarism?

2-2 The Pacemaker

This operation is about the known-to-be faulty pacemaker, so we have to remove the wires already installed, replace the pacemaker itself, then reconnect the wires. It's a much better scenario than "cops are bad and give bad wires."

It also has that whole "suture the wound only to find it with the ultrasound and cut it open again 3 seconds later" thing, so I guess that's why this game has it :ms:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

It is true that cops are usually bad, though. Still, you’d think they’d behave if words like “bioterrorists” are being thrown about.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So Derek and Angie did something definitely immoral here.

But at the same time it could've been the HOA instead which are apparently cartoon supervillains with how they're treated even though they've done absolutely nothing evil I can remember (not like I expect them to be anything other than cartoon supervillains but show, don't tell)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

If he did need the pacemaker than the operation itself is kosher since he needs a pacemaker to live. As for the beacon that depends on the national laws but if they can legally add a tracking device to someone than its kosher especially if Derek had refused they would have gone to someone else and done it. Letting him out just after multiple heart operations is on the other hand not a good thing.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I think it's more of a question of fundamental morality. Like you are surgically implanting a tracking device on a person's body. In a device he needs to live no less. Kinda hosed up!
It'd be better if the writing addressed this more cause that's actually an interesting moral dilemma.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I can sympathize with the detective wanting to question the suspect. Other lives are at stake, it would be stupid not to question him.

I hate the idea of implanting a tracking device in a person without their permission. I don't know what the laws are in Anime Japanifornia, but it's probably illegal as well as immoral. I also hate the "if we don't do it, someone else will" justification for doing something like this. Maybe someone else will do it, so what? That doesn't make it right for you to do.

There's also kind of a big plot hole in that everyone seems simultaneously convinced that the suspect couldn't possibly endure a conversation with the detective in his weakened state, but would be totally capable of escaping the hospital and returning to Delphi under his own power.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

AtomikKrab posted:

If he did need the pacemaker than the operation itself is kosher since he needs a pacemaker to live. As for the beacon that depends on the national laws but if they can legally add a tracking device to someone than its kosher especially if Derek had refused they would have gone to someone else and done it. Letting him out just after multiple heart operations is on the other hand not a good thing.

I think the moral issue is as much 'tricking him into escaping only a day or so after he needed a pacemaker and an operation from a hollowpoint lodged in his head' as the tracking, too. This patient is in serious condition, and letting him run around thinking he's escaping from the cops (even if they're letting him go) is the kind of thing he absolutely should not be allowed to do in this condition, as you say.

This is malpractice on multiple levels, though I suppose you could argue they're being coerced by the authorities.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

SSNeoman posted:

Those vitals at 2 were just...geez.

You should see speedruns for this game series. Letting vitals hit low single digits is a longstanding tradition when speedrunning.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

The location is the Eidoth Pharmaceutical site in Santa Balboa. It seems the tracking device led them right to their old research facilities...

I don't know if the police is very competent or very incompetent...

Our cooperation with the strike force will be as an anti-GUILT medical team. All personnel should be wearing type one GUILT protection equipment. And the Hands of Asclepius have also been asked to participate. The HOA is saying they'll treat the injured and perform GUILT operations if deemed necessary.
...It's like they're saying Caduceus has no place in this.
...Yeah, what do they want us to do then? Sit and watch them work? I know we're supposed to be one big doctor team... But I still wanna show them how it's done.
We've got to stay calm, Tyler. There's still a chance that new GUILT variations could show up.
Everyone, let's prepare to move out!
Yes, sir!

It's time for Trauma Center's "storming a terrorist base" tradition.

As it turns out though, those Delphi remnants repaired the place so they could use it as a hideout.
Are there any major risks of conducting a raid?
There's the possibility that more rooms have been added that aren't on the building schematic we have. ...But time is running out. My men are trained to do this, so there shouldn't be any problems.
We'll back your teams up to the best of our ability.

We're ready to enter the facility on your command.
Alright. Stand by for further orders.
Roger.
Adel, are you sure you can do this?
This won't be a problem. We're ready to operate at a moment's notice.

...Um, hey, Angie? Don't the doctors from the Hands of Asclepius look kind of weird?
You're right... They look as intense...
Adel...

Yep. Totally safe medication you guys :thumbsup:

Attention all teams... Begin advancing! I repeat, commence the operation!
Roger that! We're going in!

Remember when we operate Savato on Blackwell in this very place? Memories... :allears:

Come out where we can see you! Put your hands in the air and turn slowly against the wall!
D-Don't point that thing at me! I don't want to die!
Put your hands up, now! This is Bravo Squad. Section two has been secured! I repeat, section two is secured. Three hostiles were seen moving--

*Gunshots*

HAHAHA! Now, get him!

*More gunshots*

Urgh...!

Clear the airways of those with chest wounds! I'm ready to perform the operation! You, handle the next one!
Understood, I'll have an X-Ray taken immediately.

Seems like we're not going to have more of that one-minute operations :toot:

Adel, you've already operated on three people in a row...
Thank you for your concern, but I'm fine. I've performed surgery under these conditions before.

I'm assuming this is during that Costigar shootout (where the game only gives us one patient).

Alright, I'll leave it to you.
...There are so many injured being brought in... Is the mission not going according to plan?
Seriously, I'm a little worried here... But geez, did you see those HOA guys performing their operations? What's up with that speed!? All of them seem to be using the Healing Touch, or some kind of imitation of it!
Wait... all of them!?
I observed them as well... They all have amazing skill, even without the Healing Touch.
Skills and concentration... It sounds like they really have made a spectacular breakthrough. But that alone wouldn't give them the power of the Healing Touch... I wonder if--

...Good, you secured the hostage!? Alright, I'll speak with the doctors immediately!
Have they found Ms. Mayuzumi!?
Yes... But her condition seems abnormal, so they're hesitant to transport her. She may very well be--
Did Delphi infect her with GUILT!?
...That could be the case. The route to her location has been mostly secured, but--
We need to get in there, now! Do we have your permission, Chief?
...Be careful.
Angie, let's go! Don't leave my side!
Understood!

We're on our way!

*They went further inside*

*gasp* Ms. Mayuzumi!?

H-Help me...! They... injected... G-GUILT... into me...!
What!?

72 hours my rear end! :argh:

Aaagh! I-it hurts! No! I-I don't want to die! P-Please, help me, Dr. Stiles!
It's alright, Ms. Mayuzumi! Please, just stay calm! I'm going to save you, no matter what! Angie, get ready for an operation! We need to hurry!
Yes, Doctor!

President Mayuzumi has been infected with the GUILT, "Pempti."
Pempti...! That's the GUILT that took Secretary Anderson's life!
Yes... Pempti has the ability to create toxic, gelatinous fluid on the surface of organs, and it's known for its extremely powerful regenerative powers. The core of Pempti can produce more fluid, while the fluid itself can regenerate the core. That's why we have a two-pronged objective when dealing with Pempti:
  • Use nanomachines to remove the gelatinous fluid.
  • Destroy the core with the laser to prevent the creation of more fluid.

Nanomachines™.

First, we inject Anti-GUILT nanomachines into the substance covering the right lung, which will lure the Pempti core onto the surface of the organ. Then, use the scalar laser against the core that appears.
Scalar...? Oh yeah, it's that laser Dr. Niguel developed to destroy this GUILT.
Yes, it leaves behind less than 1% of the core's proteins. It's an extremely powerful laser. Please be careful, Doctor; this strain of GUILT has a tendency to stay on the offensive.
Yes, we of all people should know how dangerous Pempti can be. And considering how Kyriaki and Tetarti mutated we can't let our guard down.
You're right.

Operation Video

Let's get the operation underway, Doctor.

A gel-like fluid is covering the lung. That's how we know for sure that it's Pempti.But, this may be a mutated type, just like Kyriaki and Tetarti. That being said, something unexpected may occur, so let's be extremely careful, Doctor. First, inject the brown nanomachine into the hazy object inside the fluid.

Like all other returning GUILT, the beginning is the same as the other games. And just like those other games, this game doesn't tell you that injecting the stabilizer on the fluid will count as a Miss.

The shadow is very visible (just like SO but not UtK) and every injection will reduce vitals by 5 (just like UtK but not SO).

UtK is harder than SO in general, is what I'm trying to say.

GUILT strain 3: Pempti (Thursday)
One of the hardest GUILT in UtK/SO makes a return here, and it's even harder in this game. And it'll be the last part of a marathon operation later... :suicide:

Pempti's core has been conf-- What!? There are two cores!
Is this its mutation then!? Well, we still have to do something!
The scalar laser is the most effective weapon against it. Let's try to destroy both cores!

Scalar means that the thing doesn't have a direction, only magnitude. Seems like they're just using whatever word sounds cool :eng99:

All Pempti operations use a special laser. You can see that it's special because it's red. It's also special because it will NEVER run out :toot:

The nanomachine and scalar laser are created after a long struggle in UtK/SO. A moment of silence for the sacrifice of Secretary Anderson in their creation :patriot:

Chiral reaction decreasing. The cores have been destroyed! This is only the beginning, though...!

*gasp* The fluid! What is it doing!?

Pempti... it's split into two!
...So that's how its mutation works!
Still, the treatment plan for the mutated Kyriaki and Tetarti were the same as before. So if the pattern holds true, we should be able to treat Pempti just as before!
Right! If it splits into two, then all we have to do is treat them both!
Yes, Doctor! Destroy both cores with the scalar laser!

Of course, since this is Atlus, things will not be that easy. The cores will quickly submerge under the fluid, so we'll have to wait for them to reemmerge before we can attack them again.

While we're waiting, the cores themselves will also try to attack the patient with these small colored cores which we can also burn with the laser. The first attack has 6 pink cores come out one by one, 3 on each side. They'll create lacerations if left alive too long.

They die when they create those lacerations, so you might think that it's a good idea to just let them suicide and suture the wounds they cause. Well, it's a good idea if you're trying to lose, as each attack will also drop vitals by 5. That combined with the vital drain from the lacerations themselves can make things go south quickly.

After a little downtime, Pempti will attack again. The white cores come out all at once. It's practically impossible to burn them all before they attack.

Them creating small tumors won't drop vitals directly, but those tumors will drain our vitals even faster than lacerations. If there's still small tumors on the lung when the fluid reaches them, the fluid will burn them. This way we don't have to use the laser, but it will tank our vitals and reset our chain.

Basically, not dealing with these white cores and the small tumors they cause is a good way to quickly drop the vitals to 0.

The gray cores appear one by one until all of them are circling the main cores. They don't cause any wounds, but they do tank vitals directly. As they linger, more vitals will be sapped. As you might've guessed, letting this go on for too long is a good way to kill the patient.

In UtK/SO if we keep our laser trained on the main core (there's only one) we'll burn all the gray cores before they do anything. Well, that won't work here, so this attack can be actually threatening.

After those three attack, the main cores will reemerge. Lasering them will eventually deal damage to them followed by them submerging again. Repeat the cycle several times while surviving the onslaught to defeat Pempti.

Each core has separate HP. The game doesn't tell you this, but it's best to burn the cores alternately. You'll see the reason later.

The key here is to burn the cores quickly and deal with the wounds they cause AFTER the wave has ended. We can raise vitals if there's no wound (like after a gray attack).

Pempti is a battle of endurance. There's HT to save your rear end if you fall behind, but after that you're on your own.

One of the cores has been eradicated! Just one left!

Pempti's defeat animation has bubbles in UtK and sparkles in SO, just like Tetarti. But in this game they just fade away relatively unceremoniously :(

Anyway, with one core down, the magnitude of the attack is halved. This should make the rest of the operation a breeze...right?

Of course not! This is Atlus, after all! :buddy:

Something's wrong with that remaining Pempti! Did losing the other half make it unstable!?
Please hurry and destroy the remaining Pempti!

The remaining core will have a gray core along with one other random attack simultaneously. The downtime between attacks has been reduced to pretty much nonexistent.

Without the HT, you won't be able to keep up and eventually vitals will plummet during this phase. So if you don't know/forget to alternate the attacks between the cores, well, too bad! :buddy:

But since I alternated the attacks and still have HT available, we can finish this operation with little issue.

The Pempti core has disappeared! All treatments complete. A mutation of Pempti... That was an aggressive enemy, Doctor.
You can say that again... Let's get President Mayuzumi closed up! ......
Doctor, are you OK? You look very tired...
Yes, I'm alright. I'm just concerned about that other patient...
You mean the one who escaped from the hospital? I'll go check on his condition after we're done!
Thank you, Angie. I'm going to close her up now!

For some reason the total bonus points this operation isn't 2000 :shrug:

I just heard that the patient who escaped from the hospital is back in custody!
Great, I'm glad to hear that...!
Reporting in, Commander! We've discovered a hidden underground passage used as an escape route! We're in pursuit... ...But it looks like several of them have already gotten out.
Understood... Contact local law enforcement! Have them set up a perimeter and inspection points on all roads!
Yes, sir!
So... those that escaped may have the chance to regroup?
Yes... Unfortunately...
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you'll get the situations under control soon, sir.
Aw, don't be so pessimistic, Chief Kasal. I'd say the mission was more than half successful. After all, we did rescue President Mayuzumi. And the Hands of Asclepius were able to play a very major role. This will be good for the team.
Mr. Mercer, I wouldn't say anything has succeeded so long as the threat of GUILT exists...
Well, that is true...

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 20, 2020

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

No video this time? That seemed like a hard GUILT to treat, would've been neat to watch it in action.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I forgot to put it in the update, but the Operation Video is now available.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah Pempti is a pain in the loving rear end in this game. Switching between two cores is the loving worst and you can't just deal with one of them individually or else it goes apeshit.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Ah yes...one of the biggest kicks in the dick in this game. Not THE biggest, mind. That’s later, because Atlus gets off on people’s tears really wish I could play this again, but I lost my cart years ago.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Kemix posted:

Ah yes...one of the biggest kicks in the dick in this game. Not THE biggest, mind. That’s later, because Atlus gets off on people’s tears really wish I could play this again, but I lost my cart years ago.

I mean, if you buy an Atlus title, you are asking for it. You are paying money to be hurt

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

"It was unanimously approved to amend medical legislation in ways never before seen in the U.S., requiring medical institutions to sponsor their doctors to the newly formed 'Hands of Asclepius.'"

Anchorman: "These measures are undoubtedly in response to the recent acts of medical terrorism, and will allow the HOA to hand-select staff from hospitals to be trained in their facilities. While some parties have voiced concern over the lack of doctors this could create locally, the government and the HOA have publiclytated that this will lead to medical advancements."

...Everything is going just as planned.

*Knocking*

...Enter.

We received the report from the police. It looks like they've identified Delphi's new leader. Here it is.
Let's see here... ...Heinrich... Heinrich con Raitenau... Ah, a blood relative of Adam! Well, isn't that just shocking!

Yeah, who would've thought :geno:

This information has been submitted to the U.N. I believe we'll hear more as soon as they have a chance to act on it.
Alright... What about the request lists we sent out for our staff expansion? Are the hospitals cooperating?
We've already gotten back several responses, and they look favorable. We'll have reached your target numbers in the very near future.
I'm glad to hear that.
...Chief, your meeting with the minister is in ten minutes.
Alright, I'll be down as soon as I'm done getting ready. Have the car up front.
Understood. We're ready when you are. *leaves*
It's finally time to make our offensive...

Yes... The Hands of Asclepius have already sent us a list of the personnel they're requesting. Please take a look at this...
Hm... This is worse than I imagined. If they take this many from us, we'll be drastically understaffed.
We're scrambling to provide solid reasons to cut this loss by about a third of what they've requested.
Increasing the skills of doctors everywhere will make up for our lack of numbers against GUILT... ...At the same time, this will lessen the burden of doctors who work on non-GUILT afflictions. Personally... I see nothing wrong with what Mr. Mercer is advocating here. But... I wonder about creating scalpels that are too sharp...
You mean the mass production of doctors who can use the Healing Touch...
Even though they can physically give them that kind of power... There aren't many who can truly handle its weight...

Rie from the pharmaceutical division is leaving for the HOA.
What!? I didn't know that!
It looks like that's only the beginning. A lot more people are going to be leaving, too. People like Dr. Ogata, and even Dr. Rogers...
That's terrible... This is going to make things really hard on us here.

At least they didn't take any of the characters who have portraits. Yes, that includes Clarks.

Yeah, and lonelier, too... ...Hm? What the--?
What's the matter?
Angie, we don't have saline in stock!
What? Are you serious?
Oh wow, we're almost entirely out of atropine too! Geez, how did this happen!? They should have ordered more!
Looks like these staffing transitions aren't going well...
Well, they should have been more careful! I can't believe this!

Guess what gimmick of the next operation will be :suicide:

We're just so busy, this could be trouble! And if you have even an hour of free time, you better be helping out too, Dr. Chase!
Whaaaat? Is Caduceus going to be able to function like this!?
I must admit, I'm getting a little worried about it too...

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 24, 2020

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Its weirs how they're "scrambling" for reasons when they have one very good reason already: they'll be drastically understaffed and its causing issues of stocking up on needed medical supplies.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

1234567890num posted:

"It was unanimously approved to amend medical legislation in ways never before seen in the U.S., requiring medical institutions to sponsor their doctors to the newly formed 'Hands of Asclepius.'"

You have the story 1 image here twice.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

rannum posted:

Its weirs how they're "scrambling" for reasons when they have one very good reason already: they'll be drastically understaffed and its causing issues of stocking up on needed medical supplies.

Yeah it does feel a bit contrived, but I just sort of mentally added "solid reasons that the law doesn't preclude already" and then assume the HOA bill was written in haste and passed without thorough enough review of potential consequences and there ya go.

or,

HOA guy has it out for Caduceus especially and is making sure to hammer them because he's Definitely Not A Villain

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Psion posted:

Yeah it does feel a bit contrived, but I just sort of mentally added "solid reasons that the law doesn't preclude already" and then assume the HOA bill was written in haste and passed without thorough enough review of potential consequences and there ya go.

or,

HOA guy has it out for Caduceus especially and is making sure to hammer them because he's Definitely Not A Villain

I think itd be more interesting if they were scrambling to prevent people of leaving of their own volition.

To not nitpick too much I otherwise like the plot beat of Caduceus (and other hospitals) getting emptied out and the mixture of "its for the best" with " sketchy as gently caress"

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

IIRC the villain being a relative of Adam never goes anywhere, which is a shame. It woulda been nice to have some clarification on their motives. Delphi's motives weren't ever really explained, besides being a death cult and causing the Saryn Gas Attack as a test for GUILT (not trolling)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I definitely though the head of HOA whose name I already forgot was the descendant of ADAM, possibly just finding out that he was for the first time

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

IIRC the villain being a relative of Adam never goes anywhere, which is a shame. It woulda been nice to have some clarification on their motives. Delphi's motives weren't ever really explained, besides being a death cult and causing the Saryn Gas Attack as a test for GUILT (not trolling)

Didnt you get backstory as part od the postgame super hard missions

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Hmm... No, that was our last patient.
Phew. This is even harder than I thought it would be... Ever since the HOA took their picks from our staff, we're all seeing a lot more patients.
You're right. I wonder if we'll be able to get any new recruits to fill the positions.
I don't now. I've heard that hospitals everywhere are facing the same shortages.
But if this keeps up, it's really going to slow us down.
Yeah... well, if you think we're being slowed down, you should've seen how angry Victor was. He said the PGS research is suffering because Acropolis is prioritizing their HOA projects. It seems like all of Caduceus is having problems coping with this situation.

Derek! Would you mind if I borrowed Angie for a bit!?
Something wrong, Tyler!?
What do you need me for?
One of my patients has suddenly become unstable, and we need to operate immediately! And Leslie is helping Dr. Clarks with another operation, so I don't have an assistant!

Is there only two nurses in this highly-funded place?

...Actually, considering recent situation, that's hightly plausible.

Are you serious!? Angie, can you help?
Certainly! Dr. Chase, let's go!
Thanks, Angie! I appreciate it!

*Tyler and Angie leave*

Things just can't continue like this...

PA System: "Attention Dr. Stiles. You have a visitor in the waiting room."

...I wonder who that could be...

Hello. Nice seeing you after, what, three chapters?

Ms. Ross! How've you been? Are you feeling OK?
Yes, actually. So far, there haven't been any signs of latent symptoms either. It's all thanks to the advances in GUILT treatment, and a wonderful doctor.
Great, I'm glad to hear you're doing well. But, um... About Emilio...
I-I'm sorry about before. I kind of lost it... As a nurse, it was unprofessional of me to criticize you on such a difficult decision. I apologize, Dr. Stiles. I hope you can forgive me.

Heather is nice to give a direct apology. Unlike someone else...

...It was my fault too. There must've been a better option. I still regret not being able to save Emilio.
Dr. Stiles...
That's why... I've got to make sure I don't make that kind of mistake, ever again. This is my way of remembering Emilio, and his last wish, to do everything I can to make sure all my patients pull through.

The game still isn't very good at showing us this "mistake".

...I'm sure that Emilio would be happy to hear you say that. I plan on making some changes in my life too, Doctor. In fact, that's why I'm here today.
Oh... I see. Um, how can I help you?

:dance:

I've already cleared my potential transfer with Elysium.
Wow, so you're really serious about this!
Yes... I've felt that I needed a change of pace lately. Coming here would also improve my nursing skills, and seeing how Caduceus is so understaffed...
Well, I think it's a great idea.
I'm looking forward to working with everyone... assuming I meet the qualifications. I'll do my best to make Caduceus proud.
I'm sure you'll fit in just fine, Heather.

You've got quite an impressive resume here.
Thank you. I take my professional development very seriously.
I'm sure you're well aware, but we're facing a severe shortage of personnel right now. We'd be happy to have someone of your caliber help alleviate our staffing problem.
Then... I got the job...?
Well, since you have surgical experience, we'll put you in that department for the time being. We'll evaluate your performance and go from there. Though, I'm sure there won't be any problems.
Thank you very much, Dr. Kasal! If you don't mind, I'd like to start getting familiar with the facility right away!
I'm glad it all worked out, Heather.
Yes, me too!

*Intercom beeps*

Excuse me a moment. *picks up* This is Sidney. ...What...? I see... Yes. ...Alright. We'll admit him. *hangs up*

He's a 30-year-old male who was once infected with Triti. The affected area is his stomach. I'm assigning the patient to you, Derek.

Interesting that this is the only PGS patient whose GUILT was explicitly told.

...! But Chief, Angie's still assisting Dr. Chase in the O.R.!
Well, we just hired a new nurse, Derek.

How could you forget that :cripes:

That's right! You have the same nursing license as Angie, don't you?
I'll assist you to the best of my ability, Dr. Stiles.
Alright, let's get down to the operating room.
Yes, sir!

Well, poo poo :suicide:

Y-Yes...
...Does it bother you that Ms. Thompson isn't the one assisting you today?
N-No, of course not...!
Then, I'll continue.
As Chief Kasal mentioned, our patient was infected with the "Triti" GUILT in the past.
Triti... That's the GUILT that hardens organs.
Correct. We've located some foreign bodies in his stomach, but we can't confirm that it's GUILT. THe X-Ray shows these objects piercing the stomach wall. Thus, there are two objectives in this operation:
  • Treat the injuries to the stomach.
  • Extract the foreign bodies.
ALright. First, we have to find out what these foreign bodies are... Are you ready, Heather?
...Wait... No! We don't have enough surgical tools!
What...!?
We don't have any syringes to inject the stabilizer with, and there's hardly enough antibiotic gel either!
drat... How could this happen!? I guess we've been so understaffed that no one had time to check the supply...
Doctor, maybe we should postpone the operation until--
No... We've got to perform the procedure!
What...!?
The patient's condition is worsening as we speak. If we don't treat him now it may be too late.
B-But, Doctor...!
Don't worry. We can still do this, even with a limited supply. We just have to stay on our toes. It could've been bad if we found this out in the middle of the operation. Thank you, Heather. Now... let's get started.
Right away!

Operation Video

Let's begin the operation. I've never done this before, but I'll try my best, Dr. Stiles. Like I said earlier, keeping the patient's vitals up is going to be difficult. We can't inject the stabilizer, and this is all we have left of the antibiotic gel. We'll need to be very careful.

3 taps is enough to fully cover the incision line and give us that Cool. Otherwise, you can just open him up and eat a Bad.

There's more than enough gel to last the operation even if we use them like usual here, but it's nice to save some for later.

By the way, I don't know why the max vitals is 80. There's no way we're reaching that. The maximum vitals we can get in this operation is...72.

There's severe hemorrhaging in the affected area. Please drain the blood pools first. Once you have a clear view, make incisions where the foreign objects are lodged. Toxicosis has also set in, so don't forget to inject the sedative.

Even though there's no stabilizer, we still need to dispel the toxicosis. It may not drain vitals by itself, but it does make everything else drain vitals faster.

Otherwise, everything else is pretty standard. Drain the blood pool, cut the stomach to expose the object, then drain the blood pool again...

D-Doctor! Wh-What is this...!?
It's... Triti! But... it doesn't seem to be active. These may be its remains...! I wonder... Could this be a form of PGS?
How are we going to treat it, Doctor?
We have to be mindful of the direction they're lodged in and extract them with the forceps.
That means we'll need to extract all of these Triti remains first.Then we can apply synthetic membranes and affix-- Wait, what if we run out of antibiotic gel?
We'll have no choice... I'll just have to suture the wounds, even though it will affect his vitals.

Unless you're applying gels like crazy, you shouldn't run out of it. There's more than enough for everything.

The thorns are like UtK (but not SO), by the way. In that the lower part is longer than the upper one. Make sure that the thorns are fully removed before moving them to the tray.

There's only a few thorns here compared to tons in Triti operations, but it's still a nasty surprise. It's annoyingly easy to get a Miss here :argh:

A tap is enough to affix the membrane. Even though, like I said before, there's more than enough even if we use them liberally like usual.

We're done treating the wounds, but the toxicosis isn't subsiding.

The stomach will automatically go into full toxicosis here.

Could there be wounds we haven't found yet!?
I don't see anything on the surface, but let's try looking with the ultrasound.

We use the ultrasound twice before the patient convulses.

Huh!?

Wh-What is this!? Why did it suddenly start to hemorrhage!?
So there were some wounds left! Let's hurry and treat them!
I-Indeed! Please begin draining the blood!

Well, sucks to be someone who got to this part with like 10 vitals left with no HT! :buddy:

Blood pools will eventually return if we don't cut/remove/affix fast enough, so we did the first wave two at a time.

With HT, though, it's very easy to do all 5 at once :fuckoff:

Extraction of the Triti remains and the treatment of the wounds are complete...
It looks like we're done now...
Yes, the toxicosis seems to have completely subsided.
Thank goodness.. That concludes this treatment.

Since we can't use the stabilizer, we have to burn the gel to raise the vitals. It takes quite a while.

It's probably not worth it, to be honest.

You'll get exactly 85 combo if you do everything perfectly. We can get higher if we let more blood pools form.

I'd say the operation was a success, thanks to you.
Oh, hardly. I'm just honored to have been able to assist you, Dr. Stiles.
Haha, now you're embarrassing me.
*chuckle*
You really know what you're doing, though. I'm sure Chief Kasal will have no qualms about making you permanent now. Keep up the great work.
I'll try, Doctor.

Oh, Ms. Ross! What brings you here?
Long itme no see, Ms. Thompson. Actually, I just got hired. Today is my first day.
Wh-What...? Really...?
She'll be my assistant when you're helping the other doctors, Angie.
O-Oh... I see...

I hope Angie won't be having another bout of jealousy... :ohdear:

Ms. Thompson... I know I have a lot to learn, but I'll do my best to keep up.
O-Of course. If you have any questions, just let me know... So, um, welcome. It'll be great to have a nurse of your ability to help us out around here. ...Right, Dr. Stiles?
Y-Yeah...

Don't you feel GUILTy for plagiarism?

5-5 No Escape

Toxicosis existing, all wounds needing to be cut, the thorns not being symmetrical, and more membranes needing to be placed. This operation is harder than the NB one in every single way.

By the way, this is the final PGS operation in the game. To commemorate that, here's a bonus video of this operation done without HT.

Bonus Operation Video

The bandage Misses are intentional :c00lbert:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 26, 2020

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Your vitals actually hit 0 for a second holy poo poo

Watsonia
Oct 3, 2013
If I remember right, this and the 60-second gunshot wound operation were my absolute bane. The gunshot wound operation for obvious reasons, this one because I either forgot about the Healing Touch or was too stubborn to use it.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Since Dr. Clarks is busy with another operation, who takes over if you flub this one?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

SSNeoman posted:

Your vitals actually hit 0 for a second holy poo poo

The patient dies at -1 vitals, so you can hit 0 vitals and still win if you are a madman.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Nice when the game gives an ensemble cast a good showing rather than it being all protagonist and the backup singers. I take it this is more of an exception than a rule though!

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Mzbundifund posted:

Since Dr. Clarks is busy with another operation, who takes over if you flub this one?

Nobody. Heather will just told us to postpone the operation.

golden bubble posted:

The patient dies at -1 vitals, so you can hit 0 vitals and still win if you are a madman.

Yeah, this is something that never come up before in the LP. You're unlikely to notice since you should never let vitals go that far unless you're a madman (like me :v: ), but on difficult operations it can save your rear end.

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 28, 2020

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

"It's also noteworthy that he is the grandson of the former leader, Austrian-born Erich von Raitenau. Von Raitenau sr. is the man who engineered GUILT, operating under the code name, 'Adam.' When Delphi was exposed three years ago, Heinrich's alleged participation was unconfirmed... But we know now with certainty that he played a role in the GUILT research from the beginning."

Chairman: "Can you tell us how the change in leadership has affected their ideology?"

Police Chief: "Unfortunately, Heinrich's beliefs are essentially in line with his predecessor's. He rejects the very philosophy of medicine, claiming it violates nature's design. Delphi clings to their demented assertions, that mass murder with GUILT brings 'peace' to mankind."

It's sickening to think that they could believe such ludicrous ideas...
Yes. They may not have as much power as before, but they are certainly still a viable threat. Especially knowing that they are capable of bringing about further evolutions of GUILT...
I'm Detective David Buckley. I'll be presenting the countermeasures we've taken against them thus far. We've begun coordinating an expansive search across most major cities for potential threats. Our priority has been on high population density areas that are more viable targets for them. We've also cross-examined the evidence obtained from prior raids with the confessions of suspects. This intel confirmed several likely Delphi hideouts near Angeles Bay and Santa Balboa. We are pressing to conduct full-scale investigations on these facilities as we speak.
Mr. Chairman, may I have a word with the assembly?

Chairman: "You may, Mr. Mercer."

My name is Patrick Mercer, CEO of the Hands of Asclepius. It is clear that the entire world must once again come to terms with the reality of GUILT terrorism. Now more than ever, we must unite in our efforts to stand strong against this ominous threat. We owe our thanks to the combined efforts of Caduceus USA and the U.N. for our previous successes. The final raid on the Delphi base still remains a testament to how effective alliances can be. Now, in order to truly annihilate them, we must rally under the banner of singularity once more. The Hands of Asclepius stand at the ready, and I am here before you to offer our full cooperation. Our doctors' Healing Touches are being further enhanced by the day, ready to face potential terrorism. However, the true purpose of my address to you today is to announce that the Hands of Asclepius have developed a weapon that may be GUILT's final blow.
...A weapon...?
Whatever it is, it sounds like he has complete confidence in it. Let's see what he has to say...

We don't get to hear it, though :v:

Our base of activities in Angeles Bay has been discovered, and five of our comrades were arrested!

If that doesn't scream :moreevil:, I don't know what does.

It's just as the rumors said... The police in this country are exceptional.
...Do you think they acquired the location from those who were captured?
They may have talked, but I'm sure the police are also using other resources... They are closing in on us, slowly but surely.
You think they'll find us here, my lord?
No, the likelihood of that is slim, for now. We've ensured that only a select few of of our operatives know this location.
But, are we just going to let them do this to us!?
...... It would not be to our benefit to lose any more of our forces. Send an encrypted message to all of our comrades... The time has come to launch Operation Hades!
RIght away, sir!
My brothers, let us toast to the eternal peace that GUILT shall bring to the fortunate and to the memory of our forefather, Adam!
Sir!
Zum Wohl!

All: "Zum Wohl!"

1234567890num posted:

Well, their leader, Adam, was of course one of them. But there were others, referred to only by their codenames. "Vampir," "Cuculus," "Torperi," and "Cuoco." To my knowledge, they were all apprehended, except one... "Zum Whol."

Zum Whol doesn't mean anything in any language, but Zum Wohl does. Seems like it means "for the good of ".

tarbrush posted:

Zum wohl is a German idiom frequently used like "Cheers" when eating or drinking. I think the literal translation is something like "to health" or "your health"

Entertainingly sinister in this context.

Let our judgement now be passed upon these blinded doctors...

:ohdear:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Haha where do you even FIND a shirt like that?