Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Rikekoi is justified by the animation of Himuro's mini-ponytail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawke
May 1, 2008
Caught the first episodes of Somali, Hanako-kun and Destructive God.

Somali's setting is super interesting to me, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from episode 1.
Hanako-kun's art style and voice acting is superb and really sold me on it, gives me a lot of Natsume's Book of Friends vibes but that's probably just because :ghost:.
Destructive God felt a little fast paced but I liked the comedy and the characters were pretty good, I wasn't sure if I was going to stick with it at first but it was pretty enjoyable.

I've still got a ton of stuff I want to start watching but I've also got a huge backlog to start working through.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
22/7 is completely insane. The mysterious glowing wall has chosen us to gather in its illuminati ritual room. We do not know what it will order us to do. Time to... become an idol group?

I have no idea where it can realistically go from here that won't be a letdown, but I am in for the ride. I want it to keep making me howl at the television in utter bewilderment every week. I believe in you, 22/7.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

esselfortium posted:

22/7 is completely insane. The mysterious glowing wall has chosen us to gather in its illuminati ritual room. We do not know what it will order us to do. Time to... become an idol group?

I have no idea where it can realistically go from here that won't be a letdown, but I am in for the ride. I want it to keep making me howl at the television in utter bewilderment every week. I believe in you, 22/7.

:yeshaha:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ova

ep1

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

esselfortium posted:

lol yeah

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I half expected Comfortably Numb to play at some point during the first episode of 22/7

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yaku is very powerful.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I'm sure everyone thought Interspecies Reviewers was going to be terribly trashy, but they were wrong.

It is AUDACIOUSLY trashy.

It makes Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!? look like a Jane Austen novel.

I'm cautiously optimistic on In/Spectre. I like how straightforward Kotoko is and hopefully, Kuro's personality graft will have taken by the next episode.

Railgun S3 sure is more Railgun, and that's just fine.

Here's a Maple avatar I made out of a twitter .gif

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I watched In/Spectre and it was ok, I guess, but can't say it grabbed me. That ed is a bomb, though

Conclusions
Oct 18, 2003

The ball of yarn will be on your desk by Friday.
Watched the first ep of Plunderer. Big yikes.

The ‘sexual deviant is actually the cool guy’ isn’t a new plot in anime, but this was horrifically next level. Does this get toned down at all in the manga, or is it all the way through?

Medieval version of Justin Timberlake’s “In Time” is an odd choice, but okay.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Yeah, I don't know if they're planning on just modifying everything to remove them, and just removing most/all of the higher level plot as well, and they just stumble upon the diamond ring or something or if the relevant members will just pop up next episode with no real explanation as to why they're doing what they're doing.

Also, for anyone who happens to be watching and can't read Japanese as it scrolls over the event description page, here's the relevant translation:

Let's all get along and have fun, everyone.

The last part with a 300 is a text mentioning that the first distribution of rings has happened - 300 rings scattered around the area.

Bonus points for anyone who notices a certain interesting aspect about how that's worded.

I could be off but my guess is if you can look for rings with a camera and map that’s not a hidden treasure. So the rings are one thing (an irrelevant distraction)and the hidden treasure is another

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Conclusions posted:

Watched the first ep of Plunderer. Big yikes.

The ‘sexual deviant is actually the cool guy’ isn’t a new plot in anime, but this was horrifically next level. Does this get toned down at all in the manga, or is it all the way through?

Medieval version of Justin Timberlake’s “In Time” is an odd choice, but okay.

It mostly gets worse until Hina gets incredibly thirsty back at him.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Finally, a motivation I can get behind.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

esselfortium posted:

It's based on an idol group of the same name. This is another AKB where they do something out there to promote a real group.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Mokinokaro posted:

It's based on an idol group of the same name. This is another AKB where they do something out there to promote a real group.

I’m familiar with the group, yes! But as a plot to get the group together onscreen this is pretty Different.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Episode 1 of In/Spectre was Pretty Good.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

esselfortium posted:

I’m familiar with the group, yes! But as a plot to get the group together onscreen this is pretty Different.

A lot of the idol anime have been going for the weird. AKB0048 had the weird crystal goddess they took orders from.

And of course there was Zombieland Saga.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bring a gift, the first couple minutes of Dorohedoro, subbed(very basically).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BrrHlda25E&hd=1

I watched the first episode raw, it's everything dorohedoro fans could have hoped for. there's some hitchy or not great looking parts with the cgi models at times, and the long, slow shots over lavishly detailed run-down architecture while characters talk offscreen are clearly money saving measures, but most of the first episode was glorious.

it is also HILARIOUSLY VIOLENT, so be warned going in, it's going to show dismemberments, and lots of them. I mean, poo poo, the first two minutes above have a dude get chopped into meaty chunks and exploded, and near the end of the episode has ebisu's face being ripped off, and shows it hanging off kaiman's teeth.

I seriously cannot wait for the rest of the episodes. give them to meeeeeee

please be successful so we get the rest of the series!!!!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone good going to try to sub Dorohedro while it's in Netflix jail?

Cause drat does that look like my poo poo.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Captain Invictus posted:

please be successful so we get the rest of the series!!!!

It’s in Netflix jail so any momentum it could gain in the west is pretty much lost.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

beastars got a season 2 and i don't think that's even out in the west yet

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

Anyone good going to try to sub Dorohedro while it's in Netflix jail?

Cause drat does that look like my poo poo.
Give it a few days; someone will step up to the plate, just like when Netflix started this poo poo with Fire Force and others last summer.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

Give it a few days; someone will step up to the plate, just like when Netflix started this poo poo with Fire Force and others last summer.

I think you're mixing up your anime, but yeah most anime that get cosigned to Netflix jail get unofficial subs if it's a really popular series, so I'd say just wait a bit on that one.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm liking Id: Invaded. So far the murder dreams have generally been connected to reality in a reasonably interesting and not immediately obvious way, so they work pretty well as self-contained mysteries.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rikeikoi is full of the type of romcom idiots that I enjoy watching, so it's pretty fun.

How does ID: Invaded compare to AI: The Somnium Files? Reading the MAL description the premises seem similar and I've suffering from post-game blues here.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

subs are out for dorohedoro and it loving kicks rear end

the 3d cg isn't perfect and comes off as kind of awkward somewhat often, but it doesn't look bad ever and the anime absolutely nails it aside from that (the backgrounds in particular are absolutely incredible). it's not a perfect adaptation but it's clearly made by talented people who love and understand the source material, and that makes it a ton of fun to watch.

also i didn't find it nearly as gruesome as the manga. people get cut up into chunky bits but it doesn't really dwell on the gore the way you, the reader, can pause and soak in all the gross details when reading a manga. it felt a lot more like it was keeping the spirit of the manga's gore while trying to be a bit less offputting to people who maybe could be a bit more squeamish by that kind of thing.

that being said there is still one scene that made me wince, so if you can't handle gore and dismemberment it's more taking the edge off than removing it entirely.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the background work is so good it actually improves on the manga, where some locations are given backgrounds that leave a lot of general details pretty vague

this is essentially an anime original image and it's cool as hell, and fits the tone and world of the series well too

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dorohedoro Episode 1: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :dogcited:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Grouchio posted:

Dorohedoro Episode 1: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :dogcited:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Saw the raws of Dorohedoro 1 and while it doesn't get the letter of Hayashida's art 100%, it absolutely gets the loving spirit of it. Also the OP and ED were perfect.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There is no conceivable way they could have nailed the absolute filthiness of the manga without a staggering budget. Frankly, I'm shocked we got it as good as we did. Even the cgi character models have this unclean feeling to them even if they're not coated in filth most of the time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

There is no conceivable way they could have nailed the absolute filthiness of the manga without a staggering budget. Frankly, I'm shocked we got it as good as we did. Even the cgi character models have this unclean feeling to them even if they're not coated in filth most of the time.
Mappa declared last week that fan support would be decisive towards another season. This be a testing ground.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Episode 1 was amazing.
Everything looked so dirty and gross. And the character designs reminded me of the animated version of Akira.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Grouchio posted:

Mappa declared last week that fan support would be decisive towards another season. This be a testing ground.
Man, it sucks that Netflix makes it so hard to support the show. They don't even put their stuff out on Blu-ray right?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Episode 1 of Interspecies Reviewers was everything I thought it would be.

It's also dominating the niconico anime rankings so good for it I guess.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Man, it sucks that Netflix makes it so hard to support the show. They don't even put their stuff out on Blu-ray right?

Unless it’s in partnership with Aniplex or something I haven’t seen a single Blu-Ray for any of the shows they only have.

Which sucks because I’d love to own a bunch of them.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I thought I saw a thing about q hayashida doing artwork for the cover of the eventual blue ray set?

I mean I dunno if that poo poo's coming out in the west but

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Speaking of Netflix jail...

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1216766859955056640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ninjewtsu posted:

I thought I saw a thing about q hayashida doing artwork for the cover of the eventual blue ray set?

I mean I dunno if that poo poo's coming out in the west but
Here it is. And here's the accompanying reddit post for source.