Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Ghazk posted:

I like how the D-Cannon platforms are barrage and specifically say they can fire indirectly in ZM

Lmaooooooo.

Reminder that Anton gives these people patreon money and wants to hang out with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hixson's jealous he still can't play with his Tau army

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Hey, have you played 100s of games with the great Eye of Horus supplements? No? Then gently caress off. Okay? Mate.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
It'd be cool if fw did a Corsair list of some kind.
- guy with elf sickness

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Not gonna lie my two big dream products for HH are:

1. A great crusade black book that has a bunch of generic RoWs for crusade fleets and then a ruinstorm-style build your own xenos civilization list and maybe an update for cults and militia to let them be human settled worlds ready to meet the imperium.

2. A skirmish or skirmish+ scale spinoff game set during the unification wars with a campaign system that lets you conquer earth and take to the stars.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

DJ Dizzy posted:

Hey, have you played 100s of games with the great Eye of Horus supplements? No? Then gently caress off. Okay? Mate.

The FW design team gold standard

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Why is eye of horus so well known? I always just thought they were just some blokes running a gaming group in Adelaide.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
From my perspective they were to go-to podcast for heresy info during the peak of it's popularity.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

JBP posted:

Why is eye of horus so well known? I always just thought they were just some blokes running a gaming group in Adelaide.

Their fan codexes are really cool and widely adopted.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Their fan codexes are really cool and widely adopted.

Source your quotes.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghazk posted:

From my perspective they were to go-to podcast for heresy info during the peak of it's popularity.

Pretty much this. 30k really picked up in Australia before anywhere else in the world, so they had one of the first communities supporting podcasts before the rest of the world joined in.

The fan codexes are done by a different group, but all Aussies are basically some white dude named Robbo

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
With a tattoo of the southern cross on their calf and the name of 2016's girlfriend on their neck

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Which fandex is it that has daemon-possessed blanks?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
The Horus Heresy Book VII - Inferno.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hixson's otaku magazine

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I love the crushing expense of GW in general, while having to buy Forgeworld direct from England before the changes made Horus Heresy the sane cost as playing 7th Edition.

Mind boggling.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Ghazk posted:

Would you say that the Horus Heresy is dying then? I'm looking to play my first game soon and I'm not sure I want to go further with a game that won't be around in a bit.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Snake Dance posted:

Would you say that the Horus Heresy is dying then? I'm looking to play my first game soon and I'm not sure I want to go further with a game that won't be around in a bit.

It's been 15 seconds from death for uhh five years now. Things are sort of looking up at the moment but we also expect the game to be cancelled any moment. Join us on this island of stability.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Snake Dance posted:

I wouldn't say it's dying. It was certainly more popular when it shared the same edition as 40K, but after the 8th edition migration, it settled out and has been fairly stable for a few years.

With the Road to Thramas being a regular thing on Warhammer community and rumors of improving accessability to the game in the nearish future, I'm cautiously optimistic that we might see an upswing again.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Snake Dance posted:

We’re all dying, at the end of the day.

Serious answer: it’s a niche game, niche games live and die by the strength of their communities. HH is no different- the west coast seems to have a considerably stronger scene than the east coast, but there’s plenty of areas with pretty robust clubs or collectives. If there’s no scene in your area, it will definitely be more of an uphill climb than if you’re in Seattle or Victoria, but even then all hope isn’t lost. If you have a good regular shop HH is a pretty easy sell- starting with tactical strike and then building into ZM and then full games is pretty manageable for most folks.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
Thanks for all the answers, guys! I've been working on an Ultramarines force and I'm really hoping to expand it in the future. Those new small tanks look really good.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Weren't there some DCMetro-area folks in this thread? My garagehammer group is about to see a) a cross-country move and b) a baby, which means I'm about to lose my cool heresy buds for the foreseeable future. I'm interested in linking up with some goons since I've seen some amazing armies pass through here; I'd look at the tournament scene but, ugh, randos.

Here's a bunch of pre-Calth legionnaires for cred:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BirdieBedtime posted:

Weren't there some DCMetro-area folks in this thread? My garagehammer group is about to see a) a cross-country move and b) a baby, which means I'm about to lose my cool heresy buds for the foreseeable future. I'm interested in linking up with some goons since I've seen some amazing armies pass through here; I'd look at the tournament scene but, ugh, randos.

Those are really nice!

There were some NOVA people but I'm not sure how active they are now :smith:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BirdieBedtime posted:

These are great and full of personality. The green guys Salamanders?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
OK, real LVO teaser post:

:dogcited:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I can't wait to bring the worst models I've ever painted to LVO.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

ijyt posted:

I'm sure someone there can teach you about weathering.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ghazk posted:

I see hazard stripes. :thunk:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ghazk posted:

lmao

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Safety Factor posted:

I see hazard stripes. :thunk:

It’s to communicate visually that this individual has the potential to be dangerous and/or deadly

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ijyt posted:

Same only they are average quality.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Snake Dance posted:

Thanks for all the answers, guys! I've been working on an Ultramarines force and I'm really hoping to expand it in the future. Those new small tanks look really good.

Nova and Boston have fairly large heresy scenes with some of the most dedicated organizers in the hobby. If you can make it the nova open has a super chill list of events. There's a few of us who have been going for a few years and beyond expectations it's been growing, we got kicked out of the main hall since we started needing too many tables.

The Zm (1000 pts) and centurion (1500 pts) events are personally my favorite.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Thread Superstar Safety Factor has upset the Centurion meta with his box dread lust.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BirdieBedtime posted:

Hey! I remember you mans from a few years ago! Very unique.

This thread has a scattering of folks on the east coast. Sadly our strongest presence is on the west, though we def need to keep growing

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Zasze posted:

Nova and Boston have fairly large heresy scenes with some of the most dedicated organizers in the hobby. If you can make it the nova open has a super chill list of events. There's a few of us who have been going for a few years and beyond expectations it's been growing, we got kicked out of the main hall since we started needing too many tables.

The Zm (1000 pts) and centurion (1500 pts) events are personally my favorite.

That sounds like a good goal to work towards. Is there any 30k presence at the Las Vegas event that GW is talking about?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Snake Dance posted:

That sounds like a good goal to work towards. Is there any 30k presence at the Las Vegas event that GW is talking about?

Bulbasaur organized the 30K Zone Mortalis event at LVO and we have about 18 goons going. Last year there was another 20 or so tables of people playing regular 30K in addition to us.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Snake Dance posted:

Yeah, most of if not all of the active posters in this thread will be at LVO next week slamming 30k and hollerin.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Snake Dance posted:

LVO is a blast, and painting up 1k of ZM is a very manageable project!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
You should get one of these and one of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Also a plane ticket if applicable.