Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I really don’t want anything to happen to Trump in office. They do not need a goddamn martyr like that. The exact argument on FB will be: “Why do we have MLK day but not Donald J Trump day?”. Just let him subsume into the background noise of US politics and let the prosecution begin once his term and protections of office are up.

Yeah, Trump dying in office would be a loving disaster. Imagine all the decorum bullshit about McCain's death but cranked up to 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Think of it this way: if he dies, we never get to see the marvel that will be the Trump Presidential Library

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

5 earmarked hustlers and endless pages of sharpie scrawled phrases

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The hurricane sharpie map on prominent display at the entrance.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

If this isn't the statue outside just forget it

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005
It seems GiP does not endorse Tulsi, why is that?
She is a veteran, who was deployed in Iraq. Refuses to tow the party line and accept funds from them. Her brain is not near melting age as is half the candidates along with our current president. And most importantly one of the few candidates that could wipe the floor with Trump in a debate.

ganglysumbia fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 14, 2020

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ganglysumbia posted:

She is a veteran, who was deployed in Iraq. Refuses to tow the party line and except funds from them. Her brain is not near melting age as is half the candidates along with our current president. And most importantly one of the few candidates that could wipe the floor with Trump in a debate.

Who the gently caress are you?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.newsweek.com/tulsi-gabbard-bashar-assad-controversy-explained-1452141

thats a big part of it for GIP

plus we're mostly for Bernie based on posting

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.newsweek.com/tulsi-gabbard-bashar-assad-controversy-explained-1452141

thats a big part of it for GIP

plus we're mostly for Bernie based on posting

Why are you responding to a broke brained D&D poster with any modicum of seriousness?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The best answer is she’s a cop.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

The best answer is she’s a cop.

that too

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Viva Miriya posted:

Why are you responding to a broke brained D&D poster with any modicum of seriousness?

bored mostly

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I'm bored too, so here were a couple good reference posts for why Tulsi is not trustworthy even though she has said very good and helpful things on the debate stage:

papa horny michael posted:

The 'fundie stuff' is intimately involved with the same cult. It's all from the same group.

More recent reporting has been about how much of her run is looking like it's just to siphon donations to the religious foundation. https://www.civilbeat.org/2019/09/why-is-tulsi-gabbard-paying-this-obscure-consultant-big-bucks/

I think people don't lead with this because she claims she's an adherent of hinduism, and is also the only high profile person in politics to do so. To the average person it doesn't seem weird. Her claim looks similar to how the majority of republicans are 'christians' but individually have a wide spectrum of beliefs.

VitalSigns posted:

Flipflopped on Medicare For All, now supports some bullshit called Medicare Choice, if you like your plan you can keep your plan nonsense
https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/09/25/tulsi-gabbard-2020-democrat-candidate

Bigger homophobe than Hillary, cynically got on board with gay marriage once it became unelectable not to be, maintains that gay people still suck but we shouldn't tell them what to do like those Muslims do
"She tells me that, no, her personal views haven’t changed, but she doesn’t figure it’s her job to do as the Iraqis did and force her own beliefs on others."
https://www.ozy.com/rising-stars/surfing-with-tulsi-gabbard-long-before-her-presidential-bid/62604/

Still wants to bomb the poo poo out of foreign children, but is against regime change wars not because imperialism or murder is wrong but because they're stupid and expensive
"when it comes to the war against terrorists I'm a hawk"
https://www.thenation.com/article/tulsi-gabbard-president-foreign-islam/

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Personally I think being a veteran is a mark against her.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Personally I think being a veteran is a mark against her.

between her and buttigeig yeah i agree

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Yes, what about the candidate who spouts a lot of Russian talking points?
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-10-25/tulsi-gabbard-russian-asset-republican

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Viva Miriya posted:

Welcome everyone and be excellent to each other.

ganglysumbia posted:

She is a veteran, who was deployed in Iraq. Refuses to tow the party line and except funds from them. Her brain is not near melting age as is half the candidates along with our current president. And most importantly one of the few candidates that could wipe the floor with Trump in a debate.

Literally a cult member.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

ganglysumbia posted:

except funds

:raise:

:ussr:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't care that she served in Iraq. Whole lot of people served in Iraq. Wasn't exactly what you would call a brain consortium unless the focus was on brewing worse farts, drawing dicks or the art of jerking off in dry desert climates.

Until I see her portashitter artwork, I can't begin to judge who she would be as a candidate. Did she draw simple big veiny dicks, or more ornate artistic renderings with baroque influence? Were they rush jobs or did she really sink some time into that local shithouse wall? Did she dabble in frescos of questionable, shithouse sourced medium?

These are the really tough questions that veterans need answers to.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Kesper North posted:

Yes, what about the candidate who spouts a lot of Russian talking points?
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-10-25/tulsi-gabbard-russian-asset-republican

are you serious with this, lmao

really, russia-baiting as late as 2020 long after the extremely public failure of mueller and of every single prediction -- of either bombshell evidence or a working crime-prosecution apparatus

sure his entire term is almost up but trump is gonna be lead out in cuffs any second now, really... tomorrow we'll be back to normalcy where the country is 100% functioning perfectly, promise

e: in summary, you really could stand to read the entire rest of that thread quoted from in my previous post

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jan 14, 2020

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I'm bored too, so here were a couple good reference posts for why Tulsi is not trustworthy even though she has said very good and helpful things on the debate stage:

I listened to a Joe Rogan podcast with her, first real exposure, and she seemed like an actual real person who kind of gives a poo poo. Behind Bernie I thought she would be the best actual candidate besides the debate thing.

The fundie and cult thing is interesting, and I had no idea about it.

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005

Viva Miriya posted:

Sorry for stepping on your turf bro.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

ganglysumbia posted:

I listened to a Joe Rogan podcast with her, first real exposure, and she seemed like an actual real person who kind of gives a poo poo. Behind Bernie I thought she would be the best actual candidate besides the debate thing.

She still is second best, in spite of everything I quoted :(

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ganglysumbia posted:

Just ignore him, being an internet tough guy is kinda his deal these days

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

and in case there was any 'maybe she's better now' ideas, remember that she started to shriek that the only reason her campaign was sinking was because hillary clinton was organizing a conspiracy specifically to do so

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ganglysumbia posted:

No more his than yours. All are welcome here.

This thread is filled with EXTREMELY ONLINE PEOPLE who have been drinking from the firehose for years. You must forgive them, Tulsi Gabbard has been in their dust bin of history and declared PNG for several lifetimes in these weird political years.

It’s cool that your engaging in the primary process. Keep digging and looking out there, if Tulsi Gabbard appealed to you at face value I assure you the rest of the field deserves a strong look.

Welcome to GiP and don’t be shy.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Just ignore him, being an internet tough guy is kinda his deal these days

Nah twofing, its because you a bitch lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Dumb Lowtax posted:

are you serious with this, lmao

really, russia-baiting as late as 2020 long after the extremely public failure of mueller and of every single prediction -- of either bombshell evidence or a working crime-prosecution apparatus

sure his entire term is almost up but trump is gonna be lead out in cuffs any second now, really... tomorrow we'll be back to normalcy where the country is 100% functioning perfectly, promise

e: in summary, you really could stand to read the entire rest of that thread quoted from in my previous post

did you read the loving Mueller report? Because he concluded that Russia engaged in significant active measures to influence the election.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Smiling Jack posted:

did you read the loving Mueller report? Because he concluded that Russia engaged in significant active measures to influence the election.

So did every single other country on earth, none of whom caught up to what we do to them, none of which changed the domestic reasons for current political groupings, and none of which were the best things to prosecute Trump for (among several literal atrocities)

e: Think about who it benefits for you to look away at the current economic depression and non-functioning institutions, to instead tune into corporate news for the same whodunnit story all day every day

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 14, 2020

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Dumb Lowtax posted:

So did every single other country on earth, none of whom caught up to what we do to them, none of which changed the domestic reasons for current political groupings, and none of which were the best things to prosecute Trump for (among several literal atrocities)

e: Think about who it benefits for you to look away at the current economic depression and non-functioning institutions, to instead tune into corporate news for the same whodunnit story all day every day

Get a load of this guy, acting as if we exist in a vacuum.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

remember everyone, you can only pay attention to one single thing at a time

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Whadabout America, they interfere more in elections than Russia! Classic cold war whadaboutism!
Whadabout everybody else, they did it too, it wasn't just Russia! Double Whadabout score!
Who cares if part of it isn't plausible, facts aren't the issue - all you need to do is get one idiot to bite off on it and get them to convince another idiot of the same and your work is done.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Thank god there can only be two wrong things in the world!
But you know as well as anyone here that Russian interference is all about making institutions non-functioning, so we're back within your false dichotomy anyway.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I wonder what hardened GRU officer has been assigned to conduct influence operations on the forums

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Smiling Jack posted:

I wonder what hardened GRU officer has been assigned to conduct influence operations on the forums

It's Lowtax himself, the entire forums are an influence operation. Russians playing the long game.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Wasn't Tulsi one of the people on board with the "Medicaid for America" or whatever the gently caress name that think tank came up with specifically for the purpose of confusing people about "Medicaid for all" with their Affordable Care Act 2.0 do-nothing bullshit "free market" solution?

I kinda remember one of the candidates spouting that poo poo while you could practically see the lobbying check in their pocket and it was her in my admittedly foggy memory.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bigger issue with Tulsi is that she's totally down with Modi doing the fash.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Voted "present" on impeachment

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What's the pay like at the Internet Research Agency?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

In other news, somebody has hacked Burisma, the Ukrainian company at the center of the Hunter Biden "scandal".

I'm sure our Russian friends will not use this for obfuscation and spreading disinformation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

That Works posted:

Voted "present" on impeachment

oooooo already forgot about that one, thx