Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the difference is that bush's pea sized texan brain put up enough of a smokescreen that you had to look closely to find his crimes whereas trump is just tweeting about it nonstop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

V. Illych L. posted:

i think this is a big part of the horror of trump: the idea that bush is the new normal for how republicans win elections, that politics have become so horribly corrupt that no matter how outrageously blatant the president is about his crimes it's what we all expect of the president and at least this guy respects us enough not to pretend that he's not a crook - that this is perceived as a good thing is *terrifying*, but it's terrifying because of what it says about modern politics rather than something about trump in particular

no i think its the very overt nazism that is horrifying

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the difference is that bush's pea sized texan brain put up enough of a smokescreen that you had to look closely to find his crimes whereas trump is just tweeting about it nonstop

Iraq is a pretty big country and his crimes were in plain view almost everywhere you went.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the way impeachment is laid out the only situation it would or will ever work is when the majority party, while controlling congress and the presidency, suddenly decides that their president has gotta go and even then andrew johnson skated

yes which is why it's important to enact it even if it's a loss which was the left position pre impeachment

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Iraq is a pretty big country and his crimes were in plain view almost everywhere you went.

i was thinking more of the minor crimes rather than the open pit of corpses

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1216887697085796360

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

V. Illych L. posted:

i think this is a big part of the horror of trump: the idea that bush is the new normal for how republicans win elections, that politics have become so horribly corrupt that no matter how outrageously blatant the president is about his crimes it's what we all expect of the president and at least this guy respects us enough not to pretend that he's not a crook - that this is perceived as a good thing is *terrifying*, but it's terrifying because of what it says about modern politics rather than something about trump in particular

it's the same thing democrats said about bill clinton back in the 90s

he's a snake but he's our snake

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the way impeachment is laid out the only situation it would or will ever work is when the majority party, while controlling congress and the presidency, suddenly decides that their president has gotta go and even then andrew johnson skated

basically. though the founders never really conceptualized that someone like, say, johnson or trump would ever become president in the first place because they assumed that the elite powerbrokers would keep them out of power.

having a powerful executive that isn't accountable directly to the people in the way a legislative leader is, turns out to be a bad idea, who knew.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
too soon

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
just noticed that the gfc causes a dip too, as it does on literally every other graph lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
they've turned on lightning knight, a mere 2 days after he agreed to mod c-spam and unnecessarily got rid of his buttons in d&d :negative:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

having a powerful executive that isn't accountable directly to the people in the way a legislative leader is, turns out to be a bad idea, who knew.

It's about as accountable as members of parliament in the UK, in that they can not elect them next time maybe.

The whole of representative democracy is generally not too big on accountability. Nor is just about any other government system, really. I mean say the soviets were far worse, as is your average dictator.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
1) reinstate fyad
2) make lightning knight mod of new fyad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

or just perma the conspiracy nuts since they're all going to leave for the succzone offsite if it ever gets off the ground

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

exmarx posted:

they've turned on lightning knight, a mere 2 days after he agreed to mod c-spam and unnecessarily got rid of his buttons in d&d :negative:

rename cspam graveyard of moderators imo

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
boreodino

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
how hard is it to avoid getting drawn into relitigation of mod decisions* in the discord offshoot of the c-spam suck zone thread

*:sweatdrop:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i've heard they're planning on charging $10 for their forums so that's going to be hilarious clusterfuck

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

cspam was always a mistake

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
hearty lol at LK texting posters

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
imagine thinking you're going to get dickeye to settle down by posting more at her

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
because of c-spam i learned that the samsung voice assistant is called "bixby"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
im just lollin at the inability to firewall online and offline. how do people not do this by default. it is so goddamn easy

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i don't understand it

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

exmarx posted:

imagine thinking you're going to get dickeye to settle down by posting more at her

still trying to wrap my mind around needing dickeye to settle down is some top level concern outside of a handful of dadchatters

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
maybe they'll create a posting paradise and we'll be gnashing our teeth and rending our garments outside it's impenetrable walls as we are damned for all time

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
actual lol

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
even though i usually can't stand being around frequently-angry people and recognise how she could have been a disruptive influence in certain threads, for some reason i find dickeye's inexhaustible rage endearing and inspirational

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

im just lollin at the inability to firewall online and offline. how do people not do this by default. it is so goddamn easy

few people really have everything together in their lives. i only manage it because my damage is that my soul is cold and dead, shriveled and withered by utter self-contempt

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
d&d and lf both spawned their own offsites, it is now cspam's turn to leave the nest

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

luxury handset posted:

d&d and lf both spawned their own offsites

yeah ive heard of twitter

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

or just perma the conspiracy nuts since they're all going to leave for the succzone offsite if it ever gets off the ground

lmao

i've come to enjoy cspam but I don't think I've ever really read the trump/succ threads and so all this outward hostility makes no sense to me

Homeless Friend posted:

i think it's just a function of being on social media all the time. thank god I jettisoned all that years ago now. Being on Twitter for 3 months was one of the dumbest things I've done.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 14, 2020

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

twitter definitely makes you stupider

not sure if the human brain is actually equipped for that much input nonstop

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Dreylad posted:

i've come to enjoy cspam but I don't think I've ever really read the trump/succ threads and so all this outward hostility makes no sense to me

they only post in one thread but think they speak for the noble forum of c-spam! it's wild lol

Berke Negri posted:

not sure if the human brain is actually equipped for that much input nonstop

this is why i think forums > chats

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

exmarx posted:

this is why i think forums > chats

yeah ive definitely come around to that

something to be said about firing away a message, letting it stick, no immediate reaction, someone later catching up seeing it and it clicks

as opposed to constantly moving up post emoji reaction emoji reaction gone next thing

always long suspected good posting went down the shitter since twitter embeds became a thing because making clever posts wasn't needed you could just embed some strangers

im guilty of this fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
the inbuilt destruction of chronology, history, etc. is real bad too