Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I can't get this to download on podcast addict for some reason? Is something down or is my version bugging out? It also cant find bigsofttitty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I can't get this to download on podcast addict for some reason? Is something down or is my version bugging out? It also cant find bigsofttitty

I think it might be something in your app, I'm subscribed to both in podcast addict successfully

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Profits from this Crawford pin are going to relief efforts for the bushfires.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
New episode of Free to a Good Home, with Tom Walker as guest. It's a Christmas miracle.

Also, the Dragon Friends will be at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, which seems like kind of a big deal!

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Today's FTAGH reveals that the birthday fleshlight is niether the beginning nor the end of Tom being the butt of Hing's terrible jokes.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I want to see ben’s tattoo

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I want to see ben’s tattoo

I haven't listened to FtaGH yet but I assume they were talking about the pussy tattoo?

https://twitter.com/bencjenkins/status/1207908938894569473

Also a thread about the start of season 6 and their upcoming streaming changes. (Tom's running a one-shot)

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1216930607382446080

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 14, 2020

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Psychepath posted:

I haven't listened to FtaGH yet but I assume they were talking about the pussy tattoo?

https://twitter.com/bencjenkins/status/1207908938894569473

That's the one yeah. I didn't see it at first, but then I quizzically tilted my head

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

That would probably be fixed by adding colour to it...

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Psychepath posted:

Also a thread about the start of season 6 and their upcoming streaming changes. (Tom's running a one-shot)

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1216930607382446080

Neato.
And it's good that they're moving their timeslot a bit, seems like they're willing to go a bit more in on building a twitch following.

I wonder how many more people will tune in now that it's at a sensible time in the US.
(Though unfortunately I can't tune in anymore, if it's going to start at ~3-4am on a sunday. Atleast I can wake up to a brand new stream.)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Here's a link to the Downtime VOD. I'm surprised by how much stuff they cover in 2.5 hours.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I would not say no to a full-fledged accountants and actuaries one-shot

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

I would not say no to a full-fledged accountants and actuaries one-shot

Absolutely.

I really hope there are more downtime episodes, everyone hopping in to do adlibs in the board meeting was wonderful.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Untitled Goose Vodka

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

They did drop an interesting spoiler towards the end of the downtime stream, for Season 6:

Looks like Banknote will only be in the first 1-2 liveshows, before the return of Freezo.
I really wonder how that'll work out in regards to the adventures of the Beef Babes.
If we'll be following Freezo at 2 different points in his life at the same time, or if he'll end up leaving the BBs.
After all, the series feels like it's been shifting it's focus from Freezo to Bethanee.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

SubNat posted:

They did drop an interesting spoiler towards the end of the downtime stream, for Season 6:

Looks like Banknote will only be in the first 1-2 liveshows, before the return of Freezo.
I really wonder how that'll work out in regards to the adventures of the Beef Babes.
If we'll be following Freezo at 2 different points in his life at the same time, or if he'll end up leaving the BBs.
After all, the series feels like it's been shifting it's focus from Freezo to Bethanee.

That'd be a downer, I've really been enjoying the dynamic of Banknote being part of the main cast. Still Hing but just a different enough flavour of Hing to feel fresh.

Of course, I couldn't get mad if they phased him out in a funny and satisfying way, which they likely will. And if Freezo returns to DF, most likely scenario is Banknote joins the BB of course.

Unless Freezo murders him. We can never really count that out.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Calling it: banknote pisses himself to death

possibly offscreen

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

geri_khan posted:

That'd be a downer, I've really been enjoying the dynamic of Banknote being part of the main cast. Still Hing but just a different enough flavour of Hing to feel fresh.

Of course, I couldn't get mad if they phased him out in a funny and satisfying way, which they likely will. And if Freezo returns to DF, most likely scenario is Banknote joins the BB of course.

Unless Freezo murders him. We can never really count that out.

Yeah, I do hope Li-Li and Freezo end up swapping spots if he does get replaced. Though it would be strange to have Bushu hanging around there without Freezo to anchor him there.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hey if you guys haven't seen Dave, Jordan, Edan and Alex play a hybrid rpg called Weave, you really should. There's not a lot of play that gets done but its very fun, and the game seems really cool.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

ICYMI There is a live FTAGH up on the draggo's twitch VOD thingy (confusingly also titled "Dragon Friends Down Time Session" but it is not the same video as the other one)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/540431926

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Also wow. I've been listening through the old series again, since I originally listened to like, the first 4 seasons back to back while working on a project.

And hooh boy is it much harder now, because of whatever ad-deal they have going now.
Originally it was just whatever ads they read up in-podcast.

But now there's an ad at the start, middle, and end of each podcast, and because I'm norwegian there's only 2 loving ads that run.
One for a tabloid shilling it's podcast, and the other for the podcast network shilling a questionary/survey they're running.

It would be less annoying if not for the fact that pocket casts + listening on a desktop means the only way I can skip is by navigating back to chrome, open up the tab, and press the next button.

I really wish the patreon allowed for an ad-free rss feed of the podcast. (I believe it was asked about on stream once, but Dave was unsure how it would be in regards to their network, if they provided an ad-free variant.)

e: Ooof I had almost forgotten Andrew Hansen in Waterdeep/pedocleric. Ooof.

SubNat fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 25, 2020

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Even as an Australian we only really get 2-3 different ads. I just skip them since they're the exact length of the skip button.

I can't watch today's stream live but I'm very excited to come back and see what kind of energy is involved in a game played by Tom Walker, Demi Lardner, Jordan Raskopoulos and......... Simon Greiner.

ETA: now that i look at it that looks like some sort of burn on Simon which it is not, just that he tends to play things straight instead of being full of chaos energy like the other three.

Organza Quiz fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 26, 2020

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

SubNat posted:

I really wish the patreon allowed for an ad-free rss feed of the podcast. (I believe it was asked about on stream once, but Dave was unsure how it would be in regards to their network, if they provided an ad-free variant.)

e: Ooof I had almost forgotten Andrew Hansen in Waterdeep/pedocleric. Ooof.

Yeah, the new ad regime sucks, I really wish they would get on that, at least eliminate the middle ad so it's not interrupting them mid-sentence.

It's a couple of extra steps, but I've found that if you DL the mp3 from the website there are no ads.

EDIT: poo poo, I just tested and they must have changed that :(

geri_khan fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 26, 2020

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
Thanks for reminding me to download the whole feed while there's still no ads here

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

geri_khan posted:

It's a couple of extra steps, but I've found that if you DL the mp3 from the website there are no ads.

EDIT: poo poo, I just tested and they must have changed that :(

Threep posted:

Thanks for reminding me to download the whole feed while there's still no ads here

Yeah, you should probably hop on and grab them.
As for downloading ones from the network directly without any kind of ads, you'd need to somehow access the original source. The ads are inserted before you download after all, so how you download them doesn't really matter.
(Podcast programs just point at the audio file online, same as on the site, after all.)

Though I suspect that if some regions don't have ads, explaining why Threep doesn't have them, then you should be able to VPN to somewhere without them, and download them ad free that way.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Organza Quiz posted:

Even as an Australian we only really get 2-3 different ads. I just skip them since they're the exact length of the skip button.

I can't watch today's stream live but I'm very excited to come back and see what kind of energy is involved in a game played by Tom Walker, Demi Lardner, Jordan Raskopoulos and......... Simon Greiner.

ETA: now that i look at it that looks like some sort of burn on Simon which it is not, just that he tends to play things straight instead of being full of chaos energy like the other three.

I didn't watch it all but I saw the first hour or so and it was much more Simon energy than the usual 'itchyness' that Demi and Tom bring

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Bogan Krkic posted:

'itchyness' that Demi and Tom bring

is this a euphemism for "horny"

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Dave mentioned SA on one of their Twitch videos, wonder if he actively posts?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

he's posted in this thread, pretty sure

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.

professor metis posted:

he's posted in this thread, pretty sure

Ah ok, that’s awesome

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Some bummer news came out of the last stream, it sounds like giant dwarf theater is closing :(. They said the show will go on, and since at this point, dragon friends brings a loyal audience with it wherever it goes, any venue would probably be pumped to host them. Still really sucks though, I know Dave was managing (maybe even owning?) that place, you hate to see it happen.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

Some bummer news came out of the last stream, it sounds like giant dwarf theater is closing :(. They said the show will go on, and since at this point, dragon friends brings a loyal audience with it wherever it goes, any venue would probably be pumped to host them. Still really sucks though, I know Dave was managing (maybe even owning?) that place, you hate to see it happen.

i assume the streaming studio they've set up is not in giant dwarf, right?

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

eke out posted:

i assume the streaming studio they've set up is not in giant dwarf, right?

I think it's at Dave's house.

Real sorry to hear about the theatre, glad to hear that the show will be able to continue elsewhere.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ainsley McTree posted:

If I remember right, the lease is up for renewal in March and they operate at a big enough loss that just shutting down is a real possibility.

It doesn't really affect DF directly, but it would also mean the tragic end of Story Club.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Oh my god, this Free To A Good Home stream... watching Ben and Dave make Hing try to puzzle out the plot of Hamlet that he just assumed he knew because he saw a Simpsons episode about it. I'm losing my loving mind.

This is Peak Hing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

That was a very special moment yeah

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I knew even less than Hing about the plot of Hamlet (beyond "it's the Lion King sort of??") so I enjoyed that from probably a different perspective than most.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Is Tom a goon? The “it’s like D&D but good” comment about MitW seemed familiar...

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I have no idea if he has an account, but he's mentioned SA a few times on best.png, so he has tangential awareness at the very least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
What is best.png?