Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't bother doing the event missions yesterday and i know i'm going to regret not getting more than 500 event bux.

I just couldn't do and more invasion missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
This update is 900 drat megabytes

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’m glad I got a new (bigger) phone.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Story mode is at least partly unskippable and not fun. It also didn't seem all that interesting, but I'm not here for story.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

I managed to reinstall two days ago after two years and change away and they suddenly removed the old story mode I guess. :(

So the last thing I did before I left was getting Phoenix, didn't even level her. I have 340 biometric selectors, a tier 2 character selector and a 6 star character selector. Also three 100x norn stones. Is there any specific character I should use these on?

Edit: I also can't figure out where I'm supposed to get biometrics to feed characters to level them now. I remember being able to just use clear tickets to instantly clear a crapload of old story missions in bulk but now I don't see anything like that available, and I can't seem to use these 50k exp items to level Phoenix.

Edit2: I guess Dimension Mission is where you do it now? Oh well, there's a point where a mobile game's systems become so obtuse that it's just going to scare people away completely.

Blorknorg fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 8, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The story was kind of tedious and a couple of stages annoying but mostly manageable to burn through. I got the Iron Man 3099 costume. The story itself was mostly boring and a rehash of the old one but I thought it got a little more interesting towards the end. It seems like they set it up to add more chapters periodically which I guess could keep things interesting. Either way, I’ll burn through twice more for Widow and Cap and then see what happens.

Use your T2 selector on the dude in white if you’re gonna use it on one of the new ones. It doesn’t seem to work on the red or blue and I used it on the green but you get a ton of her bios from the Academy so I screwed up. Ah well. I used my two mega 6s on blue and red. I just can’t help myself and none of the bio sub people are must grab. I’ll probably put that off another month or so since they gave us red despite him being hip sub. Plus the new Dimension Rift thing means you could maybe get them there if you’re lucky

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Story mode is tedious. Plus I'm having trouble in the second MODOK fight where he keeps one shotting my dudes. I look forward to not doing this again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought the t2 ticket was a regular bio ticket so I used it on the snake lady. Though thinking about it, i don't think I have anyone I wanted to t2 that I could have used it on. I don't think it would work on any sub characters or Mutants.

At least you can get sub character bios from the missions now, even if it's only a small amount. But i hate when they have these event missions to get bios for a new character, but you have to have them at a certain * level in order to do them, which means you have to sub for bios.

And yea, the story is super annoying because it makes me use chump versions of the characters. Just let me use my T3 Cap!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Blorknorg posted:

I managed to reinstall two days ago after two years and change away and they suddenly removed the old story mode I guess. :(

So the last thing I did before I left was getting Phoenix, didn't even level her. I have 340 biometric selectors, a tier 2 character selector and a 6 star character selector. Also three 100x norn stones. Is there any specific character I should use these on?

Edit: I also can't figure out where I'm supposed to get biometrics to feed characters to level them now. I remember being able to just use clear tickets to instantly clear a crapload of old story missions in bulk but now I don't see anything like that available, and I can't seem to use these 50k exp items to level Phoenix.

Edit2: I guess Dimension Mission is where you do it now? Oh well, there's a point where a mobile game's systems become so obtuse that it's just going to scare people away completely.

I don't know how the most recent chars measure up but some good characters to use selectors on if you don't have them already:
blast - Sharon rogers
speed - luna snow
combat - Minn erva
universal - captain marvel
They may need costumes to be fully up to snuff for ultimate world boss etc.

With extra energy I used to just run the X-Men missions (rogue, beast etc) for extra bios to feed to people like Jean.

For the norn stones I'd use them on whichever you have that are lowest. Combat is always my lowest for whatever reason.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
Squirrel Girl can realize potential now. First Tier IV character?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have 300 million gold and 7500 energy banked since the changes to the missions and because all the heroes I've got to work on are either premium or on their way to tier 3.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
God, I hate this new update. I can't figure out how to work these controls. And I always have to restart the game for stuff to start working. I just want it to be lined up in a row again, and I want 1-touch (or whatever it was called) back.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What’s new? I haven’t noticed any major changes besides the story mission except the challenges showing up at top. Which I actually love because it means a lot less jumping around screens and clicks.

Story is tedious but I got to 30% on my second run and decided that was enough for the day. Since it saves progress there’s no real rush. I don’t think it resets daily but I guess I’ll find out. It’s not worth forcing.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
FYI, the daily challenge "Sturdy Gear" refers to the character's gear, NOT the custom gears obelisks

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Datasmurf posted:

God, I hate this new update. I can't figure out how to work these controls. And I always have to restart the game for stuff to start working. I just want it to be lined up in a row again, and I want 1-touch (or whatever it was called) back.

i use the other control scheme so it hasnt affected me at all, but its absolutely incredible that they removed this. what were they thinking

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Are these new costumes not available yet? I see them on the home screen but not in the uniform shop.

I used my T2 selector on the big axe dude. Probably should have waited until more info on these characters was gathered, but whatever.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Are these new costumes not available yet? I see them on the home screen but not in the uniform shop.

I used my T2 selector on the big axe dude. Probably should have waited until more info on these characters was gathered, but whatever.

you get em by completing new story mode, theyre freebies

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ytlaya posted:

Not gonna lie, gonna go for the lady over the old dude, especially when she's got snake powers. She was able to take on WBU Maw so that's pretty solid. I'm like the dailies being simpler so I can bang them off on a break at work and then focus on the stuff that actually gets me what I needed. Though I need to do more Danger Room to get Negasonic to t2.

I bought the Amazon Sharon Rogers costume because all her stuff has been really good so far. Haven't tested it out yet though.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Would you use a free T2 char picker thing on Human Torch or Cool new Axe guy maybe Sniper Lady

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Torch is pretty farmable.

If it didn't expire in a week, I'd have preferred to save it for someone I care about, but the only non-paywall characters I haven't T2ed are Nazis and I don't really want to. or Warwolf, but he's close enough that I wouldn't waste it on him.

Soni used it on White Guy. Green lady should get close to T2 through Story/SHIELD Academy.

I got Negasonic today as well thanks to the crystal lootage from leveling White Guy up.

Finished Story Mode. Reluctant to do that all again for the other two costumes. Guess there is no hurry though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat the new story is annoying as poo poo. Why can't it just let me blaze through with my current characters?

The Cap, Widow and Iron Man they give you are so squishy and they love to throw in perfect positioning parts.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
After you go through story mode once, they at least let you use all 3 future costumes on subsequent playthroughs, so it's slightly faster.

Still an awful, awful mode, though. It's like Netmarble heard all of the people saying that things couldn't get any worse than Danger Room and took that as a challenge.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Yeah, it seems odd that they spent so much time and effort on completely revamping story mode and just didn't put any fun in it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Well, it's a thing for new players. It might be more exciting that way.

Started the second playthrough - being able to use the new uniforms and start fully powered and skipping all the dialog makes it much less of a chore so far.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I feel bad for new players coming to this story mode. It's painful. :|

I'm at the stealth mission to get ISO-8 with BW, and holy hell. I hate it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I hated it the first time I lost. Then when I realized the objective was to be sneaky and loot things, I kinda liked the notion of having a goal that isn't SMASH.

The dumb part where you have to keep running against the wind - I hate that.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i really like the boss battles where you have to spend 70% of the time dodging attacks that take half your health away. love having to put the same amount of effort into beating ultimate world boss thanos as a mission to get 6 iron man bios

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Got it done three times for the costumes. It’s all pretty easy with the costumes. There’s still one or two ones you gotta turn your brain on for but you have full heroes who can do damage so you don’t have to spend forever beating up Modok or Thor. I don’t know if it’s easy enough to do a fourth+ time for the box and some bios but I guess maybe I’ll see tomorrow.

The second play through I didn’t have the costumes but I had an easier time. Part of it is just figuring those dodge and timed stages out but part of it is also that skill selection thing where you gotta just pick all the skills that give you defensive stats. That helps majorly against those bosses.

Datasmurf posted:

I feel bad for new players coming to this story mode. It's painful. :|

I'm at the stealth mission to get ISO-8 with BW, and holy hell. I hate it.

That ones a pain but the key is to stay out of the headlights so you never trigger all those extra baddies. The first half is easy enough and the second half you wanna go left first. Even if you trigger the last one or two if you move quick enough you should have time. That and the Modok fight are definitely my most failed.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 10, 2020

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
since I have literally one t2 speed char i used my selector on Korvath because he looks cool

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

STAC Goat posted:

That ones a pain but the key is to stay out of the headlights so you never trigger all those extra baddies. The first half is easy enough and the second half you wanna go left first. Even if you trigger the last one or two if you move quick enough you should have time. That and the Modok fight are definitely my most failed.

I just ended up using brute force. gently caress stealth. And unskippable cut scenes. And getting a 4* obelisk when I had completed it. ><

e: Back at it. Brute force doesn't seem to work as well with the new costume.
e2: Sure it does. Just dodge.

Datasmurf fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 10, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The thing that offends me about the new story is that it includes a lot of things that are just copies of stuff from the original story.

I wonder if anyone plays this story and actually finds it interesting. I'm imagining someone just on the edge of their seat, staying up until 3:00am needing to find out what happens next.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I tend to do it at 3am because that's when I go to bed and its the last thing I do. I try to tap through the dialog though.

I used to love "clear a story mission" challange, because it was so easy, but now its like arrgh no! I'd rather to danger room than the campaign. I do like all the bios formerly in the story missions are available without running them now. Not that i need any other than to complete a full set of the warriors 3 at t2.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got the new Sharon Rogers costume on a whim and I’d say it’s worth it on a first look. I ran it through XAB and then again with the older one and went to 2.5 million vs 1.9 million even with the latter all ranked up. I’ll have to take it for runs in other modes but I think it might bump her back up to #1.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I cheesed the Widow stealth levels by changing the 5 skill to the AOE electric variant and dropping it on someone when they weren't looking then running away until it recharged. Some dudes required a second application, but there was no timer so whatever.

EDIT: lol, of course as soon as I post that I get the the level where that doesn't work

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 11, 2020

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
It works, kinda. Just remember to dodge. A lot. And run around until you can use it again. It's the only way I get through these stealth missions. On my 3rd run, now. Hoping I get something that isn't a 4* obelisk or 6* blue ISO.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
I don't mind them trying out a new story with new strategies, although this seems like it's just Incursions. I assume there will be more twists down the road. Sure, there are a lot of cutscenes, but there are only so many ways to make new stories challenging if older players have walking nukes.

Choosing Solid Snake to T2 instead of Blue Dragon was, in retrospect, a poor choice, since Serpentina's biometrics are handed out like candy. (Yes, I think they could have taken a few more minutes on her name.)

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Trying to do it a second time, and I'm stuck at the part where you run into the wind away from the fire that knocks you back into the fire. Jesus, what an unfun slog.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The Diddler posted:

Trying to do it a second time, and I'm stuck at the part where you run into the wind away from the fire that knocks you back into the fire. Jesus, what an unfun slog.

Your characters will boost past the wind when you swap, I used that to my advantage.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
I had to swap back to the original Iron Man uniform to get past that section; for some reason the 3099 costume just doesn't have enough walk speed or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

And that Iron Man being all close combat makes him redundant in that mode.