Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
it had to be some insane whiplash going from "these people interviewing us were doing some real bombshells during the iraq war era" to them just asking the dumbest inane questions that every dipshit on twitter tries to gotcha with

god drat the posting wars really separate the wheat from the chaff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Crane Fist posted:

does anyone actually listen to it

it was funny for a while in a "looking at weird animals at the zoo" kind of way

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
lol Matt’s Beltway Garage jingle

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

They're from Yahoo News, they just had a guest from Politico, I think.

lol gently caress that guy, seriously

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Joe's Garage! :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard:

My favorite Zappa song. :allears:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

crepeface posted:

oh my god I didn't realise virgil was eating a banana right in front of them in person lmao what a loving baller

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's extra dumb because mexico has uhc and a thriving medical tourism industry along the border, especially for dental work and pharmaceuticals

"They don't wash their instruments! Do brown people even know how to brush their teeth?!"

I got braces and an abcess taken care of for about a quarter of what it would cost me in the states.

gently caress the American health care system.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Why doesn't Felix go on the podcast anymore

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

UP AND ADAM posted:

I assume personal dysfunction

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

UP AND ADAM posted:

Too busy gaming

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

UP AND ADAM posted:

He's lazy as gently caress. Thank God he stumbled into this because otherwise he'd be hosed.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

UP AND ADAM posted:

He was on the Patreon episode last week and talked as much as anybody.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

So what’s more likely -
Warren is lying about Sanders statements to her regarding if a woman can become president.

Bernie Sanders said in 2018 that a woman can’t be president, and is both sexist and a moron (considering that Clinton basically won in 2016 minus some very important details).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Warren said she said "a woman could beat Trump", but in reality she said "Betty Rubble could beat Trump", and Bernie disagreed because she isn't real.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Warren has a bad record with misstatements so the onus is on her at this point

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

He was on the Patreon episode last week and talked as much as anybody.

Grey Wolves can have little a Felix, as a treat

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Haha, ‘Senior Political Analyst Virgil Texas and Area Man Matt Christman’ really is the perfect summary of the matt/virgil episodes.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I enjoyed that. They should have a follow up episode on that yahoo podcast. I feel there is unfinished business.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jippa posted:

I enjoyed that. They should have a follow up episode on that yahoo podcast. I feel there is unfinished business.

they probably could do a full ep on Isikoff

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

space uncle posted:

So what’s more likely -
Warren is lying about Sanders statements to her regarding if a woman can become president.

Bernie Sanders said in 2018 that a woman can’t be president, and is both sexist and a moron (considering that Clinton basically won in 2016 minus some very important details).

Even if it was true, "America won't elect a woman president" is a completely banal observation that's been made by a million people before and since 2016, particularly many of the same people who would now pretend it's a controversial thing to say. Because of course if Bernie said it, he meant it sexistly

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So is that Yahoo podcast thing worth listening to?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

It's hilarious

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

I would say yes. There are a couple good bits that the new Chapo ep doesn't touch on, and the yahoo thing is not that long.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Oh my god. Matt telling the guy it's Bernie or Bust is beautiful.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Is Isikoff normally on that podcast, or was he a guest, too? He can't possibly be overpronouncing everything that much if he's regularly on podcasts. Right?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

prefect posted:

Is Isikoff normally on that podcast, or was he a guest, too? He can't possibly be overpronouncing everything that much if he's regularly on podcasts. Right?

Oh he is. He's coasting on his late 90s-2000s brand with the ultimate "voice for writing"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i was skeptical but it is honestly pretty funny. the boys more than just hold their own, so it’s not cringey or anything. virgil’s open contempt is a treat

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Skip ahead to the 37 minute mark.

Apraxin posted:

Haha, ‘Senior Political Analyst Virgil Texas and Area Man Matt Christman’ really is the perfect summary of the matt/virgil episodes.
I remember when people assumed that Virgil is a succdem because he's the resident election wonk, and therefore he and Matt must hate each other.

prefect posted:

I was also stunned that a veteran journalist could have such gobsmackingly terrible delivery.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 14, 2020

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Yeah but just the chapo bit.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Still can't get over the succ jorunalists laughing at calling USAID a CIA front.

THIS HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR DECADES.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

That podcast is going to be trying to chase the numbers from the chapo guest appearance for a long time.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Virgil's wonk/lame puns act is one of my favourite things on Chapo.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

THS posted:

i was skeptical but it is honestly pretty funny. the boys more than just hold their own, so it’s not cringey or anything. virgil’s open contempt is a treat

It really shows how completely out of touch DC journalists are, that they’re into politics and podcasts but haven’t even tangentially heard of Chapo before booking an appearance by Matt and Virgil.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Still can't get over the succ jorunalists laughing at calling USAID a CIA front.

THIS HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR DECADES.
Their only answer to most of Matt and Virgil's points was to chuckle, like, wow, can you believe these guys are against forever war and support the most popular politician in the country? Crazy!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Are they doing a debate stream? I won’t watch it without them to yell at the succ.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
They said they'll try or maybe periscope it because their producer isn't around tonight.

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

space uncle posted:

So what’s more likely -

Personally I choose to believe women when they claim to suffer from harassment, and micro aggressions especially in behind closed door settings. I think someone who claims to be a good leftist should do the same.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Space Panda posted:

Personally I choose to believe women when they claim to suffer from harassment, and micro aggressions especially in behind closed door settings. I think someone who claims to be a good leftist should do the same.

ah yes this is definitely more likely than a trailing campaign doing some realpolitik bullshit the day before a major debate

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Space Panda posted:

I know you're trolling, but what Warren has done is incredibly harmful to actual victims of closed door harassment.

Warren going back to cynically gaming her identity and doing actual harm to progressive movements suck really bad. Just like she cynically gamed affirmative action, she's doing the same with the modern day movement against sexism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

multijoe posted:

Black Wolves can have little a Felix, as a treat

good ep i recommend it.

anyone gotta piece or compilation of the don's imperial endeavors? just curious the extent he's remained committed to loving over people everywhere