Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Will be interesting how they do the main book with Lando instead of Han for the next 4 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I would start with the Vader books if you can get them because Dr Aphra is awfully close to the villain of her own books but she’s a lot more likable when she has Darth loving Vader to contrast against.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Thanks all! :) I only glanced at the reading order Rocksicles posted so didn't notice that Doctor Aphra began after Darth Vader concludes (I assumed it span out earlier and ran concurrently, which, again, X-Men) but I very much appreciate y'all looking out. I've been looking forward to reading it since I saw Hera on a cover posted here, and I've heard such good things about Aphra herself, including ITT.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I do hae a favorite Aphra moment, and despite being pretty neutral towards the main SW book it did come during the Aphra/main book crossover The Screaming Citadel:

It's the look on Chelli's face that does it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Metalshark posted:

Thanks all! :) I only glanced at the reading order Rocksicles posted so didn't notice that Doctor Aphra began after Darth Vader concludes (I assumed it span out earlier and ran concurrently, which, again, X-Men) but I very much appreciate y'all looking out. I've been looking forward to reading it since I saw Hera on a cover posted here, and I've heard such good things about Aphra herself, including ITT.

figured i should mention, i dunno how youre gonna read it, but after vader 12 it starts into a crossover called vader down that opens as a self titled one shot and then is like vader 13-15, and then star wars 13-14 if im looking at my trade correctly

also i didnt say it before but having just finished star wars a little while ago its at least checking out after you get through vader/aphra (which are better than sw). i didnt really have so much of a problem with the stories as much as the art when larocca is on the book. yeesh

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Dawgstar posted:

I do hae a favorite Aphra moment, and despite being pretty neutral towards the main SW book it did come during the Aphra/main book crossover The Screaming Citadel:

It's the look on Chelli's face that does it.

The tragedy is, she is. You know the story about the frog and the scorpion? It's like that, and she's the scorpion, except she's lying to herself at the beginning, not the frog. Over and over and over again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked the Dark Horse Legends comics. Its too bad the old EU never got to fully link up with that though.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rocksicles posted:

There's a whole comic ribbit hole you can wiggle down

https://comicbookreadingorders.com/other/star-wars-marvel-reading-order/

May i suggest you start at Princess Leia or the Rogue One comic and work your way down, i'd read the main three before ytou read the RotS > ANH comics
Tie Fighter comic, i'd skip that until you read/listen to Alphabet squadron novel.

Or if you dont hate yourself, you can go outside and be a real live person.

Actually, I was reading this recently. Looks like it's an adaptation of Princess of Alderaan, but it's been pretty good so far. Holdo shows up and of course her hair and clothes are incredible:

:v:

I assume for comics, they have an online reader somewhere? Via Marvel?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 14, 2020

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Pollyanna posted:

Actually, I was reading this recently. Looks like it's an adaptation of Princess of Alderaan, but it's been pretty good so far. Holdo shows up and of course her hair is incredible:

:v:

I assume for comics, they have an online reader somewhere? Via Marvel?

:stare:

Is that how she's described in the book, or is that artistic license at work?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I don't recall the specific clothing she wore but the comic feels right. Teenage Holdo is basically Luna Lovegood from Spaaaaaace.

E: Someone mentioned the Thrawn comic which is just a book adaptation. The first one is a breezy adventure and pairs well with Rebels.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 14, 2020

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Vinylshadow posted:

I don't know but it's amazing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
might as well lean into flamboyant space gay holdo

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

She's basically described as Space Luna Lovegood, so it's within tolerances.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They really should have done more Kaz makes friends with the Aces episodes in season 1.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

They really should have done more Kaz makes friends with the Aces episodes in season 1.

They should have done a lot of things in Season One.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

More Ace episodes in general, really

Do we know ANYTHING about Freya Fenris and Bo Keevil?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Madurai posted:

They should have done a lot of things in Season One.

Exactly. Wacky Spy Kaz should have been his personality, not the main story. They should have had him meeting and befriending the Aces, but rather have him fall down and fail to fix things.

Vinylshadow posted:

More Ace episodes in general, really

Do we know ANYTHING about Freya Fenris and Bo Keevil?

I assume Fenris is from Alderaan because of that hair. It's weird that they treated Dolza being part of the Empire as a big secret and nothing else came of it. Also why the hell is the first order so intent on capturing the Colossus? That should have been revealed by now. Is it just some point of honour with Pyre or something? I like the show, but a lot of stuff that should have been dealt with in season 1 has been left on the floor. I guess this is what happens when Felioni isn't in direct control.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don’t really understand why they didn’t have Hera and/or Sabine show up in person during Rise of Skywalker, considering the entire point of that movie was fanservice.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

e: dblpost

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

twistedmentat posted:

Exactly. Wacky Spy Kaz should have been his personality, not the main story. They should have had him meeting and befriending the Aces, but rather have him fall down and fail to fix things.

I assume Fenris is from Alderaan because of that hair. It's weird that they treated Dolza being part of the Empire as a big secret and nothing else came of it. Also why the hell is the first order so intent on capturing the Colossus? That should have been revealed by now. Is it just some point of honour with Pyre or something? I like the show, but a lot of stuff that should have been dealt with in season 1 has been left on the floor. I guess this is what happens when Felioni isn't in direct control.

In one of the episodes Hux demands they capture all these specific platforms because they are mobile space station \ refueling depot. Its to help them conquer the galaxy i guess.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Jerkface posted:

In one of the episodes Hux demands they capture all these specific platforms because they are mobile space station \ refueling depot. Its to help them conquer the galaxy i guess.

I think that was part of the lead up to TLJ. Between that and stuff in the Po Dameron comic explained why the Resistance ran out of gas in the move....the First Order was strangling the Resistance fuel sources.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Stolen from the Image Macro thread:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah it always rubs me the wrong way when, like, Netflix rebroadcasts something and calls it “a Netflix original”, it feels tacky as hell.

That said, I guess you could argue that the new season is Disney+ material since CN has nothing to do with it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
https://twitter.com/Jon_Favreau/status/1217993455487475712?s=20

Genuinely curious what George thinks of The Mandalorian.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Next year he's gonna be seen with a baby yoda shot first shirt

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Big Mean Jerk posted:

https://twitter.com/Jon_Favreau/status/1217993455487475712?s=20

Genuinely curious what George thinks of The Mandalorian.

“I shall call you....Maclunkey.”

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Been rewatching The Clone Wars with some friends who haven't seen it before.

Goddamn Cat & Mouse is such a good episode. It wasn't one that I immediately thought of when thinking of "I can't wait to show them this episode" but I think it's the surprise hit of the watch so far.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I really like the end theme to Clone Wars.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Kiner's music for TCW and Rebels is really good

Its various nods and tributes to Williams' score is beautifully done

nothing from Resistance has really grabbed me the same way

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Gonz posted:

“I shall call you....Maclunkey.”

OK what is this “Maclunkey” thing that people keep mentioning? And is it pronounced MacLunkey or MaClunkey?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Chill Penguin posted:

OK what is this “Maclunkey” thing that people keep mentioning? And is it pronounced MacLunkey or MaClunkey?

Lucas's parting gift:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH19gKo7W7w

Also, film journos on Twitter are hinting that the Kenobi series got canned:

[deleted tweet]
https://twitter.com/ScottWamplerBMD/status/1218236780136292353

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 17, 2020

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It better not.

Ewan's Obi-Wan is the best.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Disney has a habit of canceling good concepts so, sorry Ewan.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
At first I thought that seemed unlikely, because of how popular The Mandalorian was, but now I'm wondering if indicated to Disney that they didn't need established characters and the higher wages that entails.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Strange, since it seems like they were already starting the casting process for this.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Some reputable folks are now saying the series is fine and still happening. Likely just final contract negotiation stuff snowballing into twitter rumors.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ewan said he wouldn’t sign unless Disney gave him an actual fully functional lightsaber, and the imagineers had to invent new branches of physics and technology on short notice to accommodate his request. It was a close one, but they got it done.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Anthony Breznican (former (?) EW writer, good source) says everything is fine.

https://twitter.com/Breznican/status/1218321733465202689?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you know its funny this same thing happened with the disney+ hawkeye show like last week