Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I’m beyond ready for Chekhov’s spot test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Lodin posted:

Yes, putting a few drops on your hand and waiting fifteen minutes is super annoying, NEET. Lol, it's gonna bite you in the arse super hard.

I think it wouldn't sound so strange if it was translated as "I can't be bothered" rather than "it's so annoying"

Also lol at "I dreamt a thing literally once, i even called it a weird dream, so let's try to make it real right away this very morning"

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

Matsumoto?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Now I want cherry tomatoes. Grandma always made sure to have some when I came over. I miss you grandma.

Tohru makes me want to dye my hair back to the shade it was when I was young and then I remember that my hair is thinning and it probably would look awful.

This sequence is the equivalent of Tohru watching a 90s beer commercial where the person opens a beer and is instantly surrounded by hot young people partying and going out to the store buying that brand expecting it to actually happen.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

lmao

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

I don’t think anyone can blame him for trying. He has nothing to lose at all. Why not do something different? So much of our inner confidence comes from our outer appearance right? Superficial bullshit, etc etc.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
How much do you want to bet the author mostly introduced this plotline so he'd have an excuse to stop painstakingly shading in Tohru's hair

Also what the hell kind of boxed bleach kit did this man buy that brought him straight from dark hair to blonde and not orange. and where can I buy it

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Who the hell actually patch tests? Bleach mix doesn't keep long enough to do it. That poo poo's on the box as a legal protection.

Blood Nightmaster posted:

Also what the hell kind of boxed bleach kit did this man buy that brought him straight from dark hair to blonde and not orange. and where can I buy it

Jerome B Blonde is what I use, and has a suspiciously similar box to the one Tohru uses! It smells like cat piss and burns.

lofi fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 11, 2020

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I'll defend Tohru ignoring the patch test too. I'm not going to wait a whole 24 hours for this thing, I want to use it now!

I look forward to seeing Tohru lose all his hair from this somehow.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Blood Nightmaster posted:

How much do you want to bet the author mostly introduced this plotline so he'd have an excuse to stop painstakingly shading in Tohru's hair

I've said it before, but I think there's a good chance the person creating this comic often pulls facts out of their arse. I doubt the average nerdy Japanese manga artist knows anything about hair dyeing.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Lodin posted:

I've said it before, but I think there's a good chance the person creating this comic often pulls facts out of their arse. I doubt the average nerdy Japanese manga artist knows anything about hair dyeing.

IIrc hair dying is incredible popular in Japan.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 11, 2020

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Y'know what else is? NEET!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

NEET?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

NEET!

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Shadow0 posted:

IIrc hair dying is incredible popular in Japan.

Since based on their cartoons half of them have blue or green hair it is kind of a given.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The plainer the salaryman the greater their power

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

neet...

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Xenocides posted:

Since based on their cartoons half of them have blue or green hair it is kind of a given.

It's because you want your characters to look unique since the drawing style is usually pretty similar to everyone else's.

Probably a similar reason why everyone dyes their hair. The irony is that everyone dyes it the same unnatural brown. (Or at least that's what it seemed like last time I was there.)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Shadow0 posted:

It's because you want your characters to look unique since the drawing style is usually pretty similar to everyone else's.

Probably a similar reason why everyone dyes their hair. The irony is that everyone dyes it the same unnatural brown. (Or at least that's what it seemed like last time I was there.)

I have heard an explanation for this from a team of professional makeup artists and a photographer, that brown color allows for more contrast and better details on camera and as a result that's the style you're gonna get in media (which will of course influence trends among the general population). So there's a practical reason for celebrities to do it and that just trickles down as a fashion trend.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Three days, Steak. Three days. :jpmf:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
that's it. this is how it ends. Tohru dyes his hair a dumb color and Oda spits in disgust. fin.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

If OP isn't going to post more NEET can someone just permaban him please?

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
Shneet :bahgawd:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Neet dead, could not :neet:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Not that this new project will get in the way of NEET-posting, of course. :colbert:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lofi posted:

Not that this new project will get in the way of NEET-posting, of course. :colbert:

i am behind in that too bcuz ive been busy and im very stressed cuz im trying to visit family and just missed my 2nd flight in 24 hours.

ill post more neet when im home from rebooking

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Rebook faster so I can stop reading all these horrible comics where Turmp keeps popping up.

It's from Pumpkin Night.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like how Japan knows exactly two things about Trump - he's an rear end in a top hat and he's committed tax fraud

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Manga-trump always seems to have great hair. I don't get it, if I was drawing comic-trump, that and the fake tan seem pretty obvious reference points.

Mr. Steak posted:

im very stressed cuz im trying to visit family and just missed my 2nd flight in 24 hours.

I bet losing yourself in some nice relaxing translation would help with that stress.

lofi fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 14, 2020

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mr. Steak posted:

i am behind in that too bcuz ive been busy and im very stressed cuz im trying to visit family and just missed my 2nd flight in 24 hours.

Do berserker and just sword some people

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

All I'm seeing is 38 words that for some reason aren't inside a NEET comic.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hot Stunt posted:

All I'm seeing is 38 words that for some reason aren't inside a NEET comic.

how about four more? :v:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mr. Steak posted:

how about four more? :v:

Here's four words for you: post neet u fuckre

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I'm a real sicko and I say post less NEET :twisted:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008