Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Jascum posted:

Thinking about grabbing tickets to this. Haven’t travelled to a fight ever, unless I can drive there. Maybe some of y’all have experience going to fights in Vegas? Could I do it on a budget by staying in Old Vegas? I don’t drink or gamble, just wanna see the fight and have a decent meal.

I get the feeling the tickets are going to be out of my price range because they haven’t even listed them yet.

Haven't been to Vegas in long time so can't speak to your first questions but regarding tickets they went on sale about 5 minutes ago and the listed price range is $150-$1500

https://www.axs.com/events/389526/wilder-vs-fury-ii-tickets/promopage/21838?skin=grandgarden

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I got tickets to this one but it was really pricey

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got a $200 ticket. I’m going and I’m so hyped!

Edit: if you’re still looking for tickets, it seems like the $150 and $200 tickets sold out almost instantly and the next step up more than doubles to $500 per person.

Jascum fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 28, 2019

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Got tickets for the fight 500 bucks a pop. Wow!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fun card to end the year tonight!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

They had tickets that were like $354, but couldnt find enough for our group so we had to buy $500 dollar tickets. It was mostly sold out by like 1:35. There are now only 1k+ tickets left, probably about 100-175 of em

Mr. F! fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Dec 29, 2019

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Buncha high rollers up in this thread

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
I had Pascal/Jack 113-113. Very close fight; Jack had the most definitive round with the 12th. There should be a rematch.

Either way, Pascal’s late career resurgence has been remarkable. At 37 and having fought everyone, he’s still a tough out for anyone in the division.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I got to say Gamboa really impressed the poo poo out of me by almost going the distance with a torn achilles. That's some loving heart and a hell of a tape job.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

KidDynamite posted:

I got to say Gamboa really impressed the poo poo out of me by almost going the distance with a torn achilles. That's some loving heart and a hell of a tape job.

Yeah he put up a good fight. Lots of grit

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Cigar Aficionado posted:

I had Pascal/Jack 113-113. Very close fight; Jack had the most definitive round with the 12th. There should be a rematch.

Either way, Pascal’s late career resurgence has been remarkable. At 37 and having fought everyone, he’s still a tough out for anyone in the division.

I had money on a draw and came so close, I was very upset.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Unfortunately I'm not sure if any of the regulars here are locals to the Cincy area but fwiw if I was I would support this show.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Now that I'm back at work I'm slowly writing out a thread for 2020 with all the usual features, but I'm not planning on doing anything for the decade, so if you'd like to write a feature on the fighter or fight of the decade let me know and I'll include it in the new thread OP.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
10 pages each on both Paul brothers, ComedyShortsGamer and Antonio Brown please

https://twitter.com/LoganPaul/status/1214418118996414465?s=19

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The SituAsian posted:

10 pages each on both Paul brothers, ComedyShortsGamer and Antonio Brown please

https://twitter.com/LoganPaul/status/1214418118996414465?s=19

Someone posted what they claimed were the odds for the fight and they favored logan paul. If correct, you'd make good money betting on Antonio Brown. He's a world class athlete

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I was pretty dismissive of Logan Paul as a boxer last year but he kinda won me over with the KSI fight, so I'm interested.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Mr. F! posted:

Someone posted what they claimed were the odds for the fight and they favored logan paul. If correct, you'd make good money betting on Antonio Brown. He's a world class athlete

I saw that too and I don't necessarily agree with how lopsided the odds are (iirc Paul was like -1000 favorite) but he actually is a fighter with a professional bout on his record unlike AB

Edit: vvvvv That's true too. Paul gassed super hard in both fights and for being a crazy rear end in a top hat, AB is known to have an unquestioned work ethic

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 9, 2020

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Paul gasses hard though, AB could actually fight for the duration of a match and can probably do a much better training camp.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Canelo is supposedly targeting BJS for his next fight scheduled for May 2nd. All indications are that it's going to be either him or Callum Smith. Obviously DAZN are going to be trying for the Golovkin trilogy for Mexican Independence Day weekend

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Gnarly liver shot KO on this DAZN undercard. Yeeeesh

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone see those two lanky giants just fight on DAZN?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jascum posted:

Anyone see those two lanky giants just fight on DAZN?

Yeah that was great.

Well this was something.

https://twitter.com/TheOohwayy/status/1216217163222130688?s=19

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 12, 2020

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That women’s fight was entertaining as hell but some of the shittiest boxing I’ve ever seen

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

That women’s fight was entertaining as hell but some of the shittiest boxing I’ve ever seen

I honestly couldn't believe it went the distance. I figured someone would have gassed and just been stopped from exhaustion.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

The SituAsian posted:

Canelo is supposedly targeting BJS for his next fight scheduled for May 2nd. All indications are that it's going to be either him or Callum Smith. Obviously DAZN are going to be trying for the Golovkin trilogy for Mexican Independence Day weekend

Saunders is infinitely more appealing of an opponent than Smith: natural middleweight, physically unimposing, no power, personal/career problems, etc. Easier opponent all around than Smith, and he has a belt at 168.

I imagine Canelo fights Saunders and GGG at 168 in 2020.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Yeah, they're definitely doing this

https://twitter.com/DAZN_USA/status/1217251006427230208

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Do Antonio Brown vs. Adrian Broner and then blow up the ring

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

The atheleticism is promising, but goddamn if he isn't wasting all ability to spring forward on those punches.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
who is antonio brown and who is he fighting because unless he is looking like that on purpose i could get off the couch now and give him a beating.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He's an elite NFL wide receiver. Unclear to me how well that would translate to boxing on short notice.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

kimbo305 posted:

He's an elite NFL wide receiver. Unclear to me how well that would translate to boxing on short notice.

considering he's a professional athlete who presumably has money to get elite training i'm going to say it would take him at least 12 weeks to definitely beat me in a 3x2 round 'i am extremely fat and unfit' amateur bout.

if i went into training now for 12 weeks i'd say he'd need at least another 12 on top of that. i don't know who he's fighting but i hope to god he is not competent.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I think he taunted Logan Paul or some poo poo and being an elite athlete and all that goes into it mentally and physically, good chance Antonio Brown fucks him up.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

I think he taunted Logan Paul or some poo poo and being an elite athlete and all that goes into it mentally and physically, good chance Antonio Brown fucks him up.

ohhhhhhh. that makes sense. actually, to be honest, hasn't logan fought twice in front of thousands of peeps now? antonio has played in front of more than that no doubt, but the nerves involved in going out there and maybe getting knocked out by someone as terrible as LOGAN PAUL so bad you poo poo your pants and everyone sees it is a stress he won't have had before.

i've got it 50/50. maybe 60/40 logan.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

If it were other sports, I'd buy the fear of getting hit hard in the head as a distraction. But much less so for football.
Fear of embarassment is certainly still there.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

yeah there's quite an embarrassment gap between whoops i fumbled a ball travelling at 200mph while trying to avoid a team of 300lb steroid golems from smooshing me and getting knocked completely unconscious in a fair fight by possibly the most insufferable man on planet earth.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Given what AB's gone through off the field, I'm not sure he has thin skin anymore.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don't want to phrase this like "AB's mentality is fine" but he's not going to get spooked by the stage lights. Paul has had two fight camps and bouts, but in those he never really put a distinctly better performance than KSI, who isn't a professional athlete. Paul did look like he was bigger and stronger than KSI and had reasonably good technique for a beginner, but he just doesn't have the heart or mindset of a fighter.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

maybe it's different at the highest level but i will be shocked if antonio doesn't gas after ~1 round like every other guy on earth in his first fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Here's some fan fiction to enjoy.

AB's Diary - The Logan Paul Showdown Countdown

10 to go

Feelin fine. Yesterday I sparred 15 rounds with 15 fresh golden gloves champions. Moving like a pro. Tapering off from here. Need to hit Fight Night at max output. C'MONNNNNNNN!

Exhaustion: 70%
Confidence: 98%
Likelihood of beating the weird dickhead: 99%

8 to go

Some light roadwork. Yoga. Calisthenics. Lot of effort going into nutrition. Pretty much sitting at my goal weight before a small cut. Checked social media and it's a buzz to see so many people from so many industries tuning in. Hell of a promotional vehicle this. Fun to.

Exhaustion: 45%
Confidence: 97%
Likelihood of beating the weird dickhead: I'll give him a break. He's trained hard to. 98.5%

6 to go

Went to the press conference today and it was an absolute shitfight. Why are there so many 8 year old children here, and who taught them all those slurs? I don't really want to watch that loving circus back to see if I was able to say anything worthwhile inbetween the insinuations that 'I don't even know' and the rap performance. I'm not going to lie, I didn't sleep well tonight.

Exhaustion: 55%
Confidence: 87%
Likelihood of beating the weird dickhead: 95%

4 to go

I've thrown my phone in the bin. I don't know why millions of kids are printing out photos of me and making GBS threads on them, but I'm almost positive I will never be able to use that twitter handle again. Oh. Yep. poo poo in the letterbox too.

Exhaustion: 70%
Confidence: 70%
Likelihood of beating the weird dickhead: 70%

2 to go

I haven't slept properly in a while. What if I lose to this guy? I am objectively better than him in every measurable metric except for 'number of children exploited' - and that still makes me the moral victor in this. What do I stand to gain by doing this? There's no backing out now though. As humiliating as it would be to walk out there and be physically humiliated by that sneering shitbag, the only thing objectively worse would be to pick this fight and not go through with this. I have to go through with this.

Exhaustion: 90%
Confidence: 55%
Likelihood of beating the weird dickhead: ???

The Big Day

At least the lack of sleep makes the dickhead's inane banter easier to dismiss. All my friends are telling me things I already know about the difference in speed, training, and preparation. The expectation of me as a pro athlete is that I just blast him out of there effortlessly. What if I lose? Is there any single person disconnected enough in the united states to not know that I got humiliatingly laid out by Logan Paul within six seconds of it happening? Huh. Apparently when you get knocked out you sometimes subconsciously poo poo yourself. I'm sure I can just put that out of my mind.

Exhaustion: I'M A PRO ATHLETE BABY
Confidence: I'M A PRO ATHLETE BABY
Likelihood of beating the weird dickhead: THE ALTERNATIVE IS LOSING TO LOGAN PAUL AND EVERYONE KNOWING ABOUT IT