Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

Also, I guess RIP Jessie Quick.

Given that Black Siren is sticking around foir Arrow 2040, I assume their Earth still exists. It's just not #2 anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

It's one way to walk Lena back from being a supervillain.

Honestly, I'll take it. Evil Lena was awful and deserved to be anti-mattered away with zero pomp. Long live Good Lena.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Lena helps Kara take down Lex...again.

Kate hanging out with Kara and Alex was pretty adorable.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
I feel like I'll need to stream these back-to-back to get Max Enjoyment, as I've apparently forgotten what watching TV with commercials is like and the breaks were oh so very distracting. Also my local CW aired several minutes of black dead air instead of the start of the episodes, so I feel like I missed something there.

They did at least make me want to tune into the non-Legends shows again to see what any aftermath may look like, so mission accomplished there.

YorexTheMad fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 15, 2020

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I got that black dead air before Arrow started as well. Must of just been a weird broadcasting error.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The "we saved everyone!" feels a little self congratulatory. Even though there's still some multiverses, just merging the paragons' earths had to have blipped billions of people out of existence.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Anyone else get weird audio balance in the first half? Even aside from the reverb the vocals were a lot quieter than the rest of the audio. Second half seems okay so far.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

There is a nonzero chance this was the last time we see Ezra Miller as the Flash, and that is wild.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Having the opening of Legends not have any ACTUAL Legends in it just feels weird & wrong. Even for a crossover episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
God drat that ending. Hearing the old Superfriends theme was fantastic and really brought me back. The only way it could have been better if the end of the episode had the star transition.

I figured Ollie would be the Spector from now on so Amell could come back from time to time an Obi-Wan for everyone else, but nope. At least everyone was broken up about him dying but also was hopeful for the future he left them. Now with everyone on the same earth I hope they hang out more often. Everyone needs to come to National City for Kareoke.

But holy poo poo Ezra Miller showing up blew me away. I was expecting Jason Momoa or JK Simmons to show up after that.

Cool seeing the other DC stuff in the end, but lol the Green Lantern movie being shown. I guess they didn't want to let people forget about what is literally DCs 4th most popular property.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What streaming service are the CW shows on anymore? I’m excited to eventually watch this.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

So did Lex save Tiny Superman by re-writing the BoD? If Routh stays as paragon Superman, wouldn't he have been merged to this Earth?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Open Marriage Night posted:

What streaming service are the CW shows on anymore? I’m excited to eventually watch this.

They have their own streaming app. Most shows go to Netflix but apparently Batwoman won't.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Cool seeing the other DC stuff in the end, but lol the Green Lantern movie being shown. I guess they didn't want to let people forget about what is literally DCs 4th most popular property.

I figured that was to reference their HBO Green Lantern series

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

So did Lex save Tiny Superman by re-writing the BoD? If Routh stays as paragon Superman, wouldn't he have been merged to this Earth?

Paragon Superman's Earth is, presumably, the Earth of Superman Returns (and possibly the Reeve Superman movies, depending on how you arrange their continuity). It was only the various Berlantiverse Earths that got merged into Earth-Prime.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

howe_sam posted:

Jefferson's like, "yeah, I have no idea who you are Oliver."

That and his "what's up other black guy" nod to Dig were the highlights of the crossover. And Beebo.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Open Marriage Night posted:

CWTV.com I think stuff usually goes up soon after airing or the next day, depending on time zone.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea when I scrolled up and saw a goon post that I figure that's what's going on. I had a long shot hope that at the end a ring would show up and say "Jon Stewart Diggle, you have the ability to overcome great fear, welcome to the Green Lantern Corps". Oh well.

Man I really hope we are getting Wonder Twins, that would be hilarious in a live action show.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh man one Earth for all the shows so Beebo can pop up anywhere now

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Nope. That was 2015 Green Lantern. Berlanti and Guggenheim were involved in that movie so this was them giving it a shout out.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Vietnamwees posted:

Having the opening of Legends not have any ACTUAL Legends in it just feels weird & wrong. Even for a crossover episode.
You're mistaken. The Legends episode obviously opened with Beebo.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Now with everyone on the same earth I hope they hang out more often.

It seems like they're writing that out pretty quickly. In the preview for the next Black Lightning, they said "So you went to another universe" Earth Prime only for certain crossovers maybe?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It seems like they're writing that out pretty quickly. In the preview for the next Black Lightning, they said "So you went to another universe" Earth Prime only for certain crossovers maybe?

Could just be Gambi trying to make sense of poo poo. I mean it's true, at this point both Earth-1 and Earth-76 (which was implied to be Freeland) were alternate universe to Earth Prime. Guess we'll find out next week for sure, but they seem to be running with Freeland being on Earth Prime now from all other outward appearances. And the whole Justice League sequence was them going "yeah, you were the new guy this year, but wait till next year", and Jefferson going "aw hell yeah!" to it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Now with everyone on the same earth I hope they hang out more often.

Yeah I don't care about standing around punching CGI aliens/ghosts, the interaction between everyone is the best part of any of these crossovers.

Although Oliver mirror fighting Hitler Oliver was cool

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The "other universe" is presumably the mirror world BL went to in his precrisis ep.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

There were so many great lines in this. "Did you get Shang-Hai'd into a crossover?" "Are all crossovers like this?" Lex Luthoring more than anyone has ever Lex Luthored in the history of the universe.

Ezra Miller showing up absolutely floored me. I'd have bet my entire life the movies would never touch the shows but holy gently caress here we are. Though I kinda think the Flash movie is dead if they let that one happen. Spectre Oliver with the "You have failed this universe" was great but totally missed on the "I have become something else"

Overall, I was grinning like an idiot the whole time, and especially in the Legends episode where it really went into full Legends style dialog. As far as crossovers go, this was amazing though a little bit weirdly paced because of all the moving parts. Crisis on Earth X flowed better overall but Infinite Earths was great. One question though, who was the woman in blue during the initial Anti-Monitor fight at the end? Dinah? She seemed to be throwing around blue energy powers?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

One question though, who was the woman in blue during the initial Anti-Monitor fight at the end? Dinah? She seemed to be throwing around blue energy powers?

That was Nia Niall, aka Dreamer from Supergirl. She kind of got the Cisco treatment in that her powers used to be primarily about sensing and seeing stuff for plot progression purposes but then got quietly upgraded to "can shoot lasers out of her hands and make force fields or some poo poo" to actually let her have action sequences along side Kara, J'onn and Alex.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

That was Nia Niall, aka Dreamer from Supergirl. She kind of got the Cisco treatment in that her powers used to be primarily about sensing and seeing stuff for plot progression purposes but then got quietly upgraded to "can shoot lasers out of her hands and make force fields or some poo poo" to actually let her have action sequences along side Kara, J'onn and Alex.

I stopped watching Supergirl so I just figured the Legends writers thought it would be funny to just have some random show up and do stuff and no one mention it

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Weird. She was just totally out of nowhere. Did I miss her in one of the earlier crossover episodes? Also I'm pretty sure they had new-Atom guy just straight up punching ghost things and killing them.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 15, 2020

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Weird. She was just totally out of nowhere. Did I miss her in one of the earlier crossover episodes? Also I'm pretty sure they had new-Atom guy just straight up punching ghost things and killing them.

Yeah, she's in Part 1 (the Supergirl episode) helping out during the (first) final battle. Also yeah I caught that too, Choi just straight up decking shadow ghosts like nothing. Really hope he gets his own Atom suit before Routh leaves Legends, it would be a great way to pass the torch.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

^^^
fwiw, I've seen no mention of Osric Chau showing up in any of the upcoming Legends episodes, but they might just be keeping that under wraps.

She was in the first episode of the crossover helping out with the evacuation of Earth-38, but it was a pretty blink and you'll miss it spot. She also was the person saving Kara a seat at the press conference at the top of the last episode.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jan 15, 2020

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

WhyteRyce posted:

Yeah I don't care about standing around punching CGI aliens/ghosts, the interaction between everyone is the best part of any of these crossovers.

As someone who has loved then fallen out of love with most of these shows, I still get hyped for the crossovers for this reason. Whatever problems the shows have, the main casts are all great, and giving them a chance to interact with each other outside of whatever melodrama is happening on their individual shows is wonderful.

Frankly, I hope they step back from universe-ending crossovers after this one and settled down into smaller scale and/or more lighthearted adventures.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

She didn't feel any more out of place than the randoms shooting guns at the Dementors and the Gianti-Monitor.

Plus she's real cute :blush:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I just loved at the end where Barry is gonna show off the table and everyone is concerned and Kara is just busting with excitement.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

GreenNight posted:

I just loved at the end where Barry is gonna show off the table and everyone is concerned and Kara is just busting with excitement.

You know she peeked.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hah, Benoist apparently didn't know about the Ezra Miller cameo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'M SO MAD I DIDN'T GET TO LIVE WATCH AND MAKE THE TINY SUPERMAN JOKE

that's my thing man.

That was very satisfying. Worth the extended wait if only for the Ezra cameo which was sadly spoiled for me. And did you guys notice this!

No more black! He's happy again! Happy ending for Best Superman!

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Looking at the promo photos for the next Arrow episode it looks like Dinah doesn't have her throat scar anymore, so I went back to check in Crisis if it got changed and she's wearing a turtleneck.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We knew the show runners were going to be allowed to use Crisis to retcon away things, that could be one of them.

Where's Laurel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Rhyno posted:

No more black! He's happy again! Happy ending for Best Superman!

I won’t lie, they got me with this one. Classic end-of-movie flyover and smile.