Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Embarrassing Loss of the Divisional Round
This poll is closed.
Kirk Cousins, lol 20 10.15%
Lamar's MVP gets run over 61 30.96%
The Texans play the greatest quarter of football 107 54.31%
<Tom Hanks Voice> WILSON 9 4.57%
Total: 197 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Immediately losing a fumble and going down 7 didn't help. Also having to play Alex Light due to injury for Bulaga.

Garbage penalty right away on Adams for lightly chest bumping a dude also didn't help. Whole game kinda snowballed really quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
big truss

wu wu

king lamar watchin the rest of the playoffs from his lay-z-boy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kawalimus posted:

Bittersweet, but well-deserved. He tricked the football world into thinking the Ravens were a team with 12 pro-bowlers. Even made defenders look good.

They are a team with 12 pro bowlers.

They all got picked.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

a neat cape posted:

They are a team with 12 pro bowlers.

They all got picked.

You know what I mean.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I mean unless the ravens defense smeared butter on to their teammates gloves it wasn't their fault for the loss

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

quote:

Chris Streveler has finally recovered from the injuries he suffered while helping the Winnipeg Blue Bombers win the Grey Cup and now he’s ready to work out for three NFL teams.

The 25-year-old quarterback, who thrilled CFL fans with his punishing running ability and his youthful exuberance after winning a championship, will work out with the Arizona Cardinals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Miami Dolphins over the next two weeks.

This guy is like Taysom Hill 2.0, I hope he gets an NFL shot

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If Taysom Hill has the mental acumen he can become a scarily good quarterback

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Our third CFL tryout in two weeks. Miami signed their DPOY to a futures.

He’s likely not cam wake

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

I mean unless the ravens defense smeared butter on to their teammates gloves it wasn't their fault for the loss

They were not good. Getting blown off the line and henry running all over them. Beat badly on the second TD. Carr letting the receiver do a circus catch on the first TD and not disrupting the play in any way. No pass rush.

If we had stopped them early on things probably would have progressed differently

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Pops Mgee posted:

Garbage penalty right away on Adams for lightly chest bumping a dude also didn't help. Whole game kinda snowballed really quick.

Lol yeah forgot about that

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Better Than You posted:

If Taysom Hill has the mental acumen he can become a scarily good quarterback

he's like 35

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Age is only a number. And Google says he's 29

Kurt Warner won a Super Bowl when he was like 28

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Better Than You posted:

Age is only a number. And Google says he's 29

Kurt Warner won a Super Bowl when he was like 28

Kurt Warner was a good quarterback before the age of 28. Taysom Hill met the barest passing skill requirements to be a college quarterback and he graduated at the age of 27.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

Kurt Warner was a good quarterback before the age of 28.

Iowa Barnstorners doing a lot of work in this assertion.

Although the odds of Taysom working out as the primary quarterback do seem to be about zero.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol somehow I had no idea how old Taysom Hill was time to drop him from my dynasty team

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol

https://twitter.com/tnchic/status/1217476973964025858?s=20

EDIT: awww drat didn't see it posted. oh well. worth a repost haha

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 15, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

lol somehow I had no idea how old Taysom Hill was time to drop him from my dynasty team

Mormon mission, 5 year senior with a medical redshirt. He was around forever before he got to the NFL.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

They were not good. Getting blown off the line and henry running all over them. Beat badly on the second TD. Carr letting the receiver do a circus catch on the first TD and not disrupting the play in any way. No pass rush.

If we had stopped them early on things probably would have progressed differently

The reason why a circus catch even had to be made was because of good coverage by Carr lmao. You can't have a pass rush when no passes are thrown

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Mormon mission, 5 year senior with a medical redshirt. He was around forever before he got to the NFL.

a 5 year senior who played in all 5 years but somehow only played 2 full seasons because of injury and managed to get injured at the end of his final year so you know his body is fresh!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

DariusLikewise posted:

This guy is like Taysom Hill 2.0, I hope he gets an NFL shot

I'm surprised the Saints aren't trying him out then, can you imagine how excited Payton would be with two Taysom Hills to play with?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

The reason why a circus catch even had to be made was because of good coverage by Carr lmao. You can't have a pass rush when no passes are thrown

He didn't disrupt his body at all. If you don't do that NFL receivers are gonna make catches (unless they were drafted by the Ravens and not named Marquise Brown :D). Even if they are circus. He was in good position but made no play. Once the receiver tips the ball there's no PI anymore so once he did that Carr coulda just tackled him and then no catch. And then a FG.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 15, 2020

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Mega64 posted:

I'm surprised the Saints aren't trying him out then, can you imagine how excited Payton would be with two Taysom Hills to play with?

I'm assuming Chris Streveler is too cool for Sean Payton

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

77% of money on KC though TEN won their last meeting by 3.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

drawkcab si eman ym posted:

77% of money on KC though TEN won their last meeting by 3.

In Tennessee

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

In, again, the must :psyduck: fashion.

I see a clear path to victory for Tennessee, just that it seems like a lot of things are going to have to go right for them. But so far so good in these playoffs, so it's not like I'm counting them out.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

This year was the first time in a long time kc went to Tennessee

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

Titans 4-0 against KC in last 4 meetings & Reid 1-10 all-time against TEN.

Similar note, Rodgers 4-1 ATS in Packers road playoff games.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
If the Titans make it past KC I think they're winning the whole thing. Last meeting they had a fumble for a TD, a botched FG, blocked FG. Lots of KC miscues had to go their way to pull of the win. I doubt we get that lucky this time around.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

No team is beating the 49ers except maybe KC if Mahomes goes off.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Last meeting they had a fumble for a TD, a botched FG, blocked FG.

This is damning enough but somehow manages to leave things out. That game was absolutely maddening from a Chiefs fan's perspective.

I will go out on a limb that shouldn't really be a limb but is, I think Tannehill will have to break 100 make that 150 yards passing to beat the Chiefs even if Henry rolls.

e: should have said when Henry rolls because that's definitely happening.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 15, 2020

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If chris Jones is unable to play the chiefs arent winning

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Jayon Brown was back at practice today and should be ready to go, so that's good news for the Titans

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

If chris Jones is unable to play the chiefs arent winning

Oh hey we said that last week

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I think KC should win, however if they come out flat and take a poo poo all over the field at the start of the game again the Titans won't implode and hand the game right back to them like Houston did

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Titans are gonna take the ball, run it 12 times, score, and repeat and the Chiefs are going to have 5 possessions the entire game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

The Titans are gonna take the ball, run it 12 times, score, and repeat and the Chiefs are going to have 5 possessions the entire game.

But the score will be 35 - 14 Chiefs

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Kalli posted:

so it's gonna go to OT with 35pts each is what i'm hearing here

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Patrick Mahomes is going to be 6 for 9, 420 yards, 6 TDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a patagonian cavy posted:

so it's gonna go to OT with 35pts each is what i'm hearing here

Andy Reid's gonna get the ball back down 7 with 1:50 on the clock and after the first pass Mahomes will take everyone into a huddle and every chiefs fan here will suicide by gunshot.