Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah if nothing else Bernie has proven he can't talk to Warren one-on-one without wearing a fuckin wire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Pomp posted:

Talking to a person who earnestly believes is way different than an advertisement

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

most people know how to tune out advertisements even if they know literally nothing about the party primary
These are worthy points, thank you.

I've been putting a lot of energy into engaging my liberal friends into talking about things. I find if you keep it light and focus on the humor and ironies, people enjoy talking about it even if they disagree with you in totality. I think if people have that constant outlet to enjoy politics, it makes them more likely to make it part of their lifestyle and in turn want to seriously engage with the research on their own time. I got some people to leave the debate last night on as background noise who wouldn't normally have bothered tuning in because they enjoyed the anecdotes I was telling about some of the stuff that went down in 2016 - and then today we all got to joke about Klob's gambling addiction and the Warren stuff, even if it meant an awkwardly evasive conversation with one of her supporters.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I mean I agree with him, gently caress, we should have a union for 7/11 workers as they provide an essential service to us in the middle of the night which can put them at risk

in agreement with this

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v74ezm/a-japanese-7-eleven-wanted-to-close-for-a-few-hours-a-day-then-fully-went-rogue

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao king poo poo

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Judakel posted:

Here's my central issue: gently caress elizabeth warren

It's been a while, but iirc horny is illegal sir

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

loquacius posted:

I don't like to call out other posters but Judakel's doomer shtick is getting old

I spent all day wallowing over this stuff and I'm now at a point where I think it's in our best interests to move on. The longer we spend litigating the question of whether Bernie is a secret sexist, the longer the media gets to insist Bernie is a secret sexist. It's bad if the narrative stays here, so let's loving move it.

Jane wants us to move on

https://twitter.com/cascamike/status/1217544698455318529

Yeah I think so, at least for the campaign. If they fight back all the attention goes on that. Warren's already done a miserable job starting this fire and if they try to keep it going I think it'll only unravel more.

Best case is other media sink their teeth in because eviscerating warren/CNN/Politico for this painfully obvious fraud has got to be really appetizing right about now.

Let Bernie be Bernie, but it's okay for rando's to talk about and express skepticism for so that the vultures know they have an audience to tear each other apart for.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im really expecting steyer to come out of nowhere and win south carolina or something

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pomp posted:

I haven't been hit up by a single other campaign for donating, or volunteering

Hell I made token donations to the rude teens and orb mother and never got so much as a mailer.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

yeah he said he's gonna bring the thunder down on her dumb brains

e: thundah

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

loquacius posted:

yeah if nothing else Bernie has proven he can't talk to Warren one-on-one without wearing a fuckin wire

also known as the Graham-Pence rule

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

loquacius posted:

Steyer came in for back up last night lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

UNITY CANDIDATE

https://twitter.com/berniesanders/status/1217565459182166016?s=21

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
my main concern is that her lovely fans won't come over to the sanders group at the caucus and will go biden

edit: they're not voters, they're fans

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Daikloktos posted:

These are worthy points, thank you.

I've been putting a lot of energy into engaging my liberal friends into talking about things. I find if you keep it light and focus on the humor and ironies, people enjoy talking about it even if they disagree with you in totality. I think if people have that constant outlet to enjoy politics, it makes them more likely to make it part of their lifestyle and in turn want to seriously engage with the research on their own time. I got some people to leave the debate last night on as background noise who wouldn't normally have bothered tuning in because they enjoyed the anecdotes I was telling about some of the stuff that went down in 2016 - and then today we all got to joke about Klob's gambling addiction and the Warren stuff, even if it meant an awkwardly evasive conversation with one of her supporters.

put your skills to use with jess. she only needs like 60,000 votes. president bernie needs senator jess, because coons will absolutely gently caress him over.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Judakel posted:

my main concern is that her lovely fans won't come over to the sanders group at the caucus and will go biden

that’s a legit concern but they are the most likely to flip.

they are needed so we must try

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think the flipside of all this intensely online Twitter stuff that can start a controversy in a matter of hours is that it can fizzle out almost just as quickly. Everyone's worried about this happening "just before the first primary" but three weeks can be a very long time! Just like the heart attack I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 days everyone's just thinking "geez it seems like nothing actually slows this guy down!!"

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Radish posted:

Every other candidate thinks they get elected for free against Trump. The dumber ones think the press will be on their side in the general.

It's amazing to still see the "Everyone in America is sick of Trump, the people have seen him for what he is" as a talking point. Nothing learned.

Has any other candidate explained how they'll strike at him? That part of the discussion seems to circle entirely around "how are you going to defend yourself against Trump's attacks?"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Judakel posted:

warrens hardline fans are entirely contained to #resistance twitter. Her support is soft as gently caress and she only ever got propped up as a way to gently caress over Bernie.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lmao

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
chuds keep accidentally making good pro-bernie content

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

im really expecting steyer to come out of nowhere and win south carolina or something

We should be so lucky

Every non-Biden delegate is a good delegate

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Bernie is the most disciplined candidate in the race and it isn't even close. The man breathes solidarity.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

RottenK posted:

chuds keep accidentally making good pro-bernie content

lmao did that veritas video get any traction?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/madsmaru/status/1217363471261585408

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

chuds are screaming about it 24/7 but outside of their groups no one cares

so same as usual for okeefe, im not even sure if he actually succeeded at taking down anyone after he got lucky with ACORN (which was 100% on dems being enormous cowards)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

I'm surprised at what the edited the full video into, since it seems WAY worse when you watch the 10 minute version. The dude legitimately starts saying that he supports gulags and maybe we should send Americans to them... maybe they decided he's so obviously a nut that no one will actually associate him with Bernie.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Kind of thought the GOT references would die down after the dragon lady became hitler.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Judakel posted:

gotta wonder how many people are even aware of all this, like is it breaking through? i doubt it’s gonna have much sway. like, looking at the NYT comments on this (a proxy for more informed politics followers who would be aware of this and consider it), all the top comments on articles about it are in support of bernie. i think it’ll blow over by next week unless warren’s campaign keeps pushing it.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Raccooon posted:

Kind of thought the GOT references would die down after the dragon lady became hitler.

turns out, that's what they like

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

loquacius posted:

We should be so lucky

Every non-Biden delegate is a good delegate

i could absolutely see the "biden base" - 65+ y/o lead brained boomers - falling for all the ads steyer has flooded SC with and robbing biden of a win there. that map i posted last night has steyer the most googled candidate in SC by far.

i do doubt bernie can win SC unless he wins both iowa and NH though.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Raccooon posted:

Scratch a liberal and all that

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Raccooon posted:

more 👏 women 👏 hitlers

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

spacemang_spliff posted:

So the leaks came from Bidens camp

lol

DNC delenda est

No they quite obviously come from Warren.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Daikloktos posted:

Does phonebanking really work? I can't imagine ever getting a text from somebody and it affecting my awareness more than the constant deluge of advertisements.

It really does.

Right now, a lot of the work is just identifying supporters. That is, just seeing who is supporting Sanders so that the campaigns can know who to contact down the road. As an example, I'm in southern Minnesota, and they text me about bussing down to Iowa to canvas (and ask for money).

As someone who has done door knocking, phone calling, and texting, nothing gets a better response than texting, though door knocking is probably more effective overall. It's legit surprising just how many people will respond, and how fast.

Even just knowing who supports Bernie, particularly if their voter file says they're not a consistent voter, helps as election day approaches with either getting them to the polls or helping them vote early. But the work of knowing who to target needs to be done in the early months, and volunteer phone banks and door knocks are how that happens.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
If Sanders were to become president, Warren gets no seat at the table. At all. Delicious.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

gotta wonder how many people are even aware of all this, like is it breaking through? i doubt it’s gonna have much sway. like, looking at the NYT comments on this (a proxy for more informed politics followers who would be aware of this and consider it), all the top comments on articles about it are in support of bernie. i think it’ll blow over by next week unless warren’s campaign keeps pushing it.

If they keep pushing it after saying they saying Bernie is her friend and to let it die, multiple times, it's just going to be more transparent

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Thoguh posted:

Just watch this and then go run through a wall for the Bern Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OythsfCi6JA

As cool as this is I can't help thinking that using this song is going to soon the movement to the same fate as the boomer hippie movements

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Judakel posted:

the people who like, post incessantly online about her are leftover Hillary cultists motivated by a personal resentment of Sanders and will vote anyone else, but that's a few hundred people on the outside and if you talk to people in person or phonebank it rapidly becomes apparent those nutjobs share no values or priorities with the tens of millions who will actually make up the caucus on primary day.

Which isn't to say everyone offline is secretly in the tank for Bernie, but even the never-Bernie people I've spoken to text-banking seem to be more frequently mad that, say, he campaigned for Clinton in 2016, thereby proving himself another Democratic sellout, than the Game of Thrones feminism Twitter trolls obsess over.

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 23:10 on Jan 15, 2020

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

eat poo poo you poo poo-stirring cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Martman posted:

I'm surprised at what the edited the full video into, since it seems WAY worse when you watch the 10 minute version. The dude legitimately starts saying that he supports gulags and maybe we should send Americans to them... maybe they decided he's so obviously a nut that no one will actually associate him with Bernie.

naw, they were worried he'd turn their fans