Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

VitalSigns posted:

I remember back in 2014 D&D still had a bunch of reactionary shitheads who would brigade in from GBS every time a man was accused of rape, to strawman #BelieveWomen as a ridiculous sexist mantra that meant women could never lie and every accusation of a man by a woman must be automatically deemed true and the man convicted without evidence. No amount of patient explanation would ever get them to concede that far too often rape accusations are dismissed out of hand and that "believe women" just means that her complaint should be believed the same as every other complaint is believed and investigated in good faith.

It is in-loving-credible that here we are six years later and supposed "progressives" are championing the absurd right-wing strawman made up to discredit #BelieveWomen

What the ever living gently caress? I can’t parse this comment in any way that doesn’t make you look like a colossal turd.

What right-wing strawman are we championing? That we don’t believe that Bernie said what he’s accused of saying (and even if he had, comparing it to sexual assault- as you appear to be doing- is loving grotesque) and that CNN weaponized the language and tonal vernacular of MeToo and BelieveAllWomen to push an attack? That they’re currently trying to discredit his supporters with a rehash of the 2016 accusations of misogyny?

How the gently caress does this compare to 2013-era GBS chud rape apologists screaming about due process? I really don’t understand.

BrianBoitano posted:

Oh my God is this hilarious, I only refund requested my last one but they're refunding all of them

Like this is "smash my own Keurig" levels of overreaction :confuoot:

Donate them to Bernie, and/or to congressional/local/state candidates like those posted in GOONPAC.

The Bernie campaign’s new goal target for today is $1.5 million after blowing through the original $1 million goal. Send the only message neolibs understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
That poor bumbling Elizabeth Warren. Stumbling into all these lies, backtracks, and cowardness.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Maybe it is all the wicked advisers, but the buck has to stop with her.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Vox Nihili posted:

No. I guess the comparison isn't really fair to Rachel Dolezal.

I'm tempted to make this the thread title.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mr Hootington posted:

That poor bumbling Elizabeth Warren. Stumbling into all these lies, backtracks, and cowardness.

It's obviously Bernie's fault for making her lie.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Electric Bugaloo posted:

What the ever living gently caress? I can’t parse this comment in any way that doesn’t make you look like a colossal turd.

What right-wing strawman are we championing? That we don’t believe that Bernie said what he’s accused of saying (and even if he had, comparing it to sexual assault- as you appear to be doing- is loving grotesque) and that CNN weaponized the language and tonal vernacular of MeToo and BelieveAllWomen to push an attack? That they’re currently trying to discredit his supporters with a rehash of the 2016 accusations of misogyny?

How the gently caress does this compare to 2013-era GBS chud rape apologists screaming about due process? I really don’t understand.

He's saying the exact opposite of what you think he's saying. #believewomen is good. Right wing poo poo heads tried to apply it where it doesn't belong as a way of attacking it. Now Warren supporters are also trying to apply it where it doesn't belong. It was never meant to mean that anything any woman ever says in any context is accepted without scrutiny, but that's how some are using it now to defend Warren.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 16, 2020

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm going to bet Bernie said something benign like "misogyny helped sink Hillary" and Warren's new Clinton Staffers pounced on it, reported the story, and then convinced her that it was too late and now she has to stick with it. And because she has the political instincts of a gopher she keeps loving it up.

Warren asked Bernie if he thought any of the women(Warren, Harris, Kolb, Gillibrand, Gabbard) could win, and he said no. To be fair, he also said none of the other men could win either. Then he just kept chanting Bernie Gonna Win until she remembered she had a previous engagement.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

eviltastic posted:

Well, the familial relation part is kind of there, in that her parents (allegedly) eloped because one set of grandparents thought the other side had tainted blood. The thing is, I'd think anyone from Oklahoma, and anyone generally who bothered to look into it, would know that that's not the same thing as being a tribal member and doesn't mean you have poo poo to do with the tribe or get to start throwing around comments about your native heritage. That's what makes it appropriation-y to me. Like, even pre-internet, I can't see how you wind up contributing to five tribes themed cookbooks as Cherokee without knowing what the Dawes Rolls are unless you're leaning pretty hard into the exoticising thing and don't actually care about the actual Cherokee.

(Also she should've known that the story could be bullshit, it could be relating real events but the prejudice was based on bullshit, it could've been mixed up with other prejudice and someone was lying about having a black person in the family tree because racists love their hierarchies, etc)

Someone dug up a newspaper article announcing the wedding, the elope story was a lie too

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Hellblazer187 posted:

He's saying the exact opposite of what you think he's saying.

TBF, it's written in a convoluted way. It took me more than a few minutes to get what he was saying.

I'm betting there probably was some nuanced discussion that Liz TD;DR'd into BERNIE MAN SAY NO WOMAN CAN WIN and filed away in the memory-crypt until it could be used against him to advance herself. In a lot of ways it's genuinely sad, but she absolutely did this to herself.

moths fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 16, 2020

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Helsing posted:

When will the moderators quit with the rock-throwing :(

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Hellblazer187 posted:

He's saying the exact opposite of what you think he's saying. #believewomen is good. Right wing poo poo heads tried to apply it where it doesn't belong as a way of attacking it. Now Warren supporters are also trying to apply it where it doesn't belong. It was never meant to mean that anything any woman ever says in any context is accepted without scrutiny, but that's how some are using it now to defend Warren.

:chanpop:

I see. Yeah. It’s a smidge confusingly written but I made the bigger mistake. My bad.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
#BelieveWomen can have lovely political instincts too

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Helsing posted:

This is the kind of moderator bias I can get behind.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

Bernie Sanders claims he was 77. But now he's 78! What is it Bernie? Better keep your stories straight...

How did CNN get my spaghetti video?

Been a hot minute since I've seen a clone high reference

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Bernie just announced that they've received 200,000 donations totaling $4 million over the past 2 days. 25k of those donations came from people who haven't donated before.

If you wanna watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpJQuGxRwM8

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Watching the chat feed scroll so quickly is warming my heart

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

This is the best thing that happened to Bernie Sanders this entire primary.

It’s an incredibly easy thing to move past because there’s no examples his life to point to other than the stupid meeting which makes every article about this look ridiculous.

Meanwhile it makes CNN look really bad and Elizabeth Warren look really bad who is probably the person holding onto the most Bernie votes of anyone else in the primary.

Just keep the money pouring in.

If this is the best attack they have then they are hosed.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lame Devil posted:

NYT is reporting on what Warren and Bernie said at the end of the debate. Claims Warren went to Bernie to express her concern that he mischaracterized their conversation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/15/us/politics/sanders-warren-debate-handshake.html

For a bad time, read the NYT "top comments."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

nearly killed em! posted:

i have another theory that doesn't take agency away from the people doing the dirt. warren lost a lot of support to bernie and pete when she backed away from m4a; some because she backed away from m4a and the rest because you can support the younger candidate with the exact same plan for health care. she attacked pete at the last debate hoping to get some of their white affluent base back and failed. she is totally unable to attack bernie on substance so she smears him as sexist. it's terribly incompetent not because of clinton staffers but because warren is a terribly incompetent liar. she hasn't attacked biden probably because she's a democratic establishment hack and would love a spot in his administration.

I'm not trying to give her a pass. She's responsible for the idiots she has hired.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
CNN gonna milk this poo poo for all it’s worth.

https://twitter.com/betsy_klein/status/1217612611539361801?s=21

Aaaaaaaand here it is:

https://twitter.com/gregjkrieg/status/1217618012418654208?s=21

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

It’s about what people were predicting, and just confirms that Warren has nothing resembling shame or basic conscience.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Not surprising. She's the type of person to always interpret things in ways that are favorable to her own self-image and ambitions. She has probably convinced herself that she was telling the truth, because acknowledging otherwise would both imply bad things about herself and (in her understanding) hurt her political ambitions.

It's also not impossible that she was making a deliberate attempt at stirring up poo poo and getting Bernie to say something that sounds bad, but I don't think she's quite that "calculating."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol warren melting down after being called a liar for lying. and she thinks she can beat trump lmfao

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

She knew that mics were rolling and tried to set him up.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Lol Steyer is that awkward kid in high school who plops his rear end down at the lunch table where two people are clearly having a break-up discussion.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

gently caress Warren forever like she didn't coordinate with CNN or know what a loving hot mic is.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Holy poo poo that makes Warren look bad. I’m surprised CNN even released this.

What a garbage network. I hope this backfired on them too and they lose even more credibility.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Snake

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

RasperFat posted:

What a garbage network. I hope this backfired on them too and they lose even more credibility.

And then they waited a day to release it so they could keep it in the news. They obviously had this last night and could have put it out at the time, but held it back to try to keep the story going

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Glumslinger posted:

And then they waited a day to release it so they could keep it in the news. They obviously had this last night and could have put it out at the time, but held it back to try to keep the story going

there was another tweet in succzone that they were digging in the audio files all day for it. someone else pointed out that they might have had to dig it out of the general audio

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
This just makes CNN look even worse, props to whoever called it last night that they would be releasing the audio

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Does anyone have handy that link that shows her in her book being like "whoops I forget what was in a conversation like a day earlier!"

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

RasperFat posted:

A lot of people will think this makes Warren look good because it shows that even in “private”, she believes she’s telling the truth. After all, if she were lying and knew it, wouldn’t she shake his hand and slink away ashamed?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Bernie dismissing Steyer with a "Yeah, good. Okay." is the best part

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Does anyone have handy that link that shows her in her book being like "whoops I forget what was in a conversation like a day earlier!"

https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/1217140760488726529

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

This whole thing just makes me sad.

Turning my feelings into donations for Bernie

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
In a better world this would be career ending for Warren and all of her senior advisors.

This needs to rebound on all of the slimy Obama advisors she’s surrounded herself with. If they get away with torching her campaign (with her help, lest anyone think I’m letting her off the hook) and slide right into a cushy job on the Biden campaign it’s a failure. Every single one of them should have to explain their role in this in every job interview for the rest of their lives.

Most importantly they cannot be allowed to infect the Sanders campaign in the general.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Hellblazer187 posted:

https://twitter.com/zaidjilani/status/1217140760488726529?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Tacier posted:

A lot of people will think this makes Warren look good because it shows that even in “private”, she believes she’s telling the truth. After all, if she were lying and knew it, wouldn’t she shake his hand and slink away ashamed?

Wouldn’t she say “you’re lying” not “you’re making me look bad” if she was telling the truth