Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hi everyone! I used to post in these threads a very long time ago but kind of fell out of the habit, don't know why exactly. Anyhow, I'm back, and it looks like you've all been putting in the work. Love to see it.

I just finished up this piece and a few others, but I don't want to flood the thread so I'll just post the one:

It's like a hipster... rocket hobbyist... guy? I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Budew is a boring Pokémon
But Burmy has a silly duckface that makes up for it
This was far too amibitous for my limited knowledge of anatomy
Apparently this is a pure grass type, which is absurd

This rules

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

carambola today! i think this is my favorite so far.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Learned an important lesson about water staining today.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Mango is where it is at.

These last two are landmark pieces as they are the last two pages of a sketchbook I bought in May last year. It is also the first sketchbook I ever filled (using watercolor no less) and that means the world to me. At age 42, I managed to fill a sketchbook. Why are some seemingly simple things in life so hard?

Keetron fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 14, 2020

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

You NEED to get that done as a card for christmas next year.

Well done Keetron! it took me years too, dunno why. Now I can't stop doing it!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I need to catch up. :(

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

Medenmath posted:

Budew is a boring Pokémon

How dare you. Budew is a precious little veggie bulb buddy and I love him.

Keetron posted:

Mango is where it is at.

Your mango could pull double-duty as the most delightful bird-orb.

Brawnfire posted:

I don't want to flood the thread so I'll just post the one:

Always be posting all the art, don't worry about flooding the thread, we welcome artsunamis. I enjoy the dildo-tools in this one.

I love mangoes 'cause there's always the bit that tastes like pine trees smell and I enjoy thinking I'm eating a sweet delicious pinefruit.
Mangleon did not turn out so well.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Mangleon is angry about the diet the vet just put her on. Shame she can't do anything about it except waggle her stumps and scowl.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Medenmath posted:

This rules

Many thanks!

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Always be posting all the art, don't worry about flooding the thread, we welcome artsunamis. I enjoy the dildo-tools in this one.

Ah yeah my idea of "inscrutable future tools" basically did end up being sex toys... Any sufficiently advanced tool is indistinguishable from a dildo?

Anyhow, speaking of Christmas cards, here's a Tolkien-inspired illustration I did for my mother's Christmas card. I always do a Christmas card illustration for her, it's basically the only way my broke rear end can ever get her a gift.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

mangoos

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I intended to catch up today, but decided that drawing a birthday Giraffe for my mum was more important.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Keetron posted:

These last two are landmark pieces as they are the last two pages of a sketchbook I bought in May last year. It is also the first sketchbook I ever filled (using watercolor no less) and that means the world to me. At age 42, I managed to fill a sketchbook. Why are some seemingly simple things in life so hard?

Yeah, I hear about artists that fill up a sketchbook every month or two, and that's insane. I tend to finish mine in 15 months? I wish I finished more faster, because the feeling of accomplishment is awesome, and having a neat little book to refer back to to see how I've grown as an artist rules.

I got my box from you, by the way. Haven't had time to really use them on a piece, but I'm very excited to try them all out! Thank you again.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Good jorb, Keetron. Livin' the dream. :unsmith:

Brawnfire posted:

Anyhow, speaking of Christmas cards, here's a Tolkien-inspired illustration I did for my mother's Christmas card. I always do a Christmas card illustration for her, it's basically the only way my broke rear end can ever get her a gift.

Feels so cozy to look at.

I did an early grapefruit as well as the best Galarian Pokemon. My poor room lighting absolutely killed the grapefruit's colors, though. There are some deeper reds and purps in there IRL.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The Halogens posted:

Feels so cozy to look at.

Thanks! I can't stop seeing how I hosed up the elf's drinking hand though. It was so perfect right up until the end.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

This seems a particularly gormless Pokémon. I first read its name as Burny Shandy, which is stupid because you can't light a Shandy.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I got inspired by the goon who designed a longboard.

I can't skate for poo poo, but at least now I can look really good not being able to skate.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Franchescanado posted:

Yeah, I hear about artists that fill up a sketchbook every month or two, and that's insane. I tend to finish mine in 15 months? I wish I finished more faster, because the feeling of accomplishment is awesome, and having a neat little book to refer back to to see how I've grown as an artist rules.

Thing is I always get distracted by other, newer, spiffier sketchbooks and the corresponding tools and techniques. Finishing a sketchbook means that I found my preferred way of working with tools I enjoy, considering I enjoyed it long enough to fill all those pages.

Cramorant

Really liked how the cerulean blue behaved, it was a big surprise as I did not use it this extensive before.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

saw someone post grapefruit so i thought it was grapefruit day, but that's ok i'll just find a new fruit tomorrow!!

also i can never get myself to actually draw in sketchbooks, but i blow through reams of paper sketching at work. i'm trying to switch to using my ipad for work sketches, but loose paper is just really convenient for quick sketches. which is probably why i can't get myself to use sketchbooks; it feels too formal!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

And the last of my backlog, a commission for a customer's Christmas gift to someone else, this is apparently them as dragons.

That brings us up to the present! So we're drawing fruit?

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
We're doing fruit/pokemon, the daily list is in the OP! Except me, I'm doing Eeveelutions to the theme of fruit and pokemon.

Talking of which, the first time I had to battle a Cramorant I dissed it so hard as the laziest gormless pokemon design, but I looked away from the screen for a while and suddenly the thing was choking on a whole-rear end pikatchu and I just about died laughing.

So here's Crameon!

lofi posted:

I got inspired by the goon who designed a longboard.

I can't skate for poo poo, but at least now I can look really good not being able to skate.

Sweet AF. I can't wait to see how Bro's board came out, we're both waiting for it like :bubblewoop:

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

12 is Heckleberries, right?

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

so i watched cats last night...

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

So we're drawing fruit?

Someone mentioned #drawnuary so I made a prompts list based half on fruit and half on pokemon as those are simple things that you can easily do after all the other things are done. My main gripe with #Inktober was that the prompts are vague on purpose but my mind just has trouble with that. Just tell me what to draw and please give me something that is not to complex. I am considering an urban challenge for next month where I will draw something from http://www.mapcrunch.com/ every day or second day.

grapefruit!

Drawing with watercolors is fun, you should all do it more.

Keetron fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 16, 2020

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Keetron posted:

grapefruit!

Drawing with watercolors is fun, you should all do it more.

Beautiful saturation! And agreed, watercolor and ink is all I do these days.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

my buddy Superfly posted:

so i watched cats last night...

:allears: I'm so tempted by it, everything I hear makes it sound amazing, but :10bux:

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Sharpest Crayon posted:

We're doing fruit/pokemon, the daily list is in the OP! Except me, I'm doing Eeveelutions to the theme of fruit and pokemon.

Talking of which, the first time I had to battle a Cramorant I dissed it so hard as the laziest gormless pokemon design, but I looked away from the screen for a while and suddenly the thing was choking on a whole-rear end pikatchu and I just about died laughing.

So here's Crameon!

Sweet AF. I can't wait to see how Bro's board came out, we're both waiting for it like :bubblewoop:

This owns! :syoon:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

lil figgies

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

lofi posted:

:allears: I'm so tempted by it, everything I hear makes it sound amazing, but :10bux:

Loved the musical as a kid but... I just... can't. Such a cash grab movie. Also can't stand half the cast. Jame Corden? Blecchhhh.

Here is yet another in series of sketches based on Jordu Schell's work. Forgive the extreme angle. Was trying to get rid of the shadow my camera was making. Should have just scanned it.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

sigma 6 posted:

Loved the musical as a kid but... I just... can't. Such a cash grab movie. Also can't stand half the cast. Jame Corden? Blecchhhh.

I think we want to see it for very different reasons.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
When I image searched grapefruit for some reference, they were all the wrong colour! Turns out what I think of as grapefruit is the white grapefruit, and what I got pictures of was "pink" grapefruit. I say "pink" because for one, it's obviously not pink, it's a startling red, and for second, the name of that one is BLOOD GRAPEFRUIT :black101: over here because we're metal like that.

Grapeon

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

The awful paper really didn't help the mango.

Bad paper is fine for stuff like the sharpedo where I had loads of time, but for these lunch time things I really need to use better paper or work dry.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Cramorant. Almost caught up.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Relicanth, not my best pokemon.

I need a brushpen that does not bleed on watercolor paper. India ink?

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Commissioned the world ends with you style pin design.

labradorito

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
Sat with this for three hours today:

Reference:

Painting cloth is hard :(

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Keetron posted:

Relicanth, not my best pokemon.

I need a brushpen that does not bleed on watercolor paper. India ink?

India Ink has shellac in it, which will clog up your brush unless you wash it after every use.. which you can't do to a brushpen. Get the ink and use a normal brush and just wash it afterwards. Option 2: time to learn to use ink pen nibs. Or if you're a masochist, you can ink after painting.

I kinda love coelacanths and I'm happy there's a pokemon for them so I can give your Relileon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Why is inking after painting for masochists? It would put the ink nicely on top...