Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
A case fan isn't going to help that ridiculously high CPU temp. Check to see if your heatsink is applied properly with proper thermal paste. Also that temp could be wrong as well. Check out HWinfo and see what the temps are there. That temp seems... very wrong. That's at idle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

A case fan isn't going to help that ridiculously high CPU temp. Check to see if your heatsink is applied properly with proper thermal paste. Also that temp could be wrong as well. Check out HWinfo and see what the temps are there. That temp seems... very wrong. That's at idle?

Yeah, Idle. Not playing any games. I got Discord, and Steam open

EDIT: HWinfo says this

Not sure if that's the correct summary.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 16, 2020

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

fuf posted:

I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I don't think anything will change significantly in the GPU world before Cyberpunk in April? I think it will be later in the year before the new ranges come out and the old ones get cheaper.

Bit of a dilemma whether to upgrade my 1070 to a 2070S before April (significant cost for a pretty small upgrade) or wait until later in the year and skip a generation...

When I bought my 970 it came with witcher 3. I'm curious if there will be a similar deal for cyberpunk.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Isn't there going to be a new gen of nvidia hardware coming fairly soon? I can't imagine waiting it out a bit will hurt all that much. Either you'll get a better deal on current gen hardware, or if you want the new stuff, you can go for that too.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Onmi posted:

Yeah, Idle. Not playing any games. I got Discord, and Steam open

EDIT: HWinfo says this

Not sure if that's the correct summary.

That is the correct summary and those are the correct temps. An idle 95c CPU would probably cause a shutdown, and I'm assuming that's not happening to you. Your temps are fine. A case fan isn't going to make your CPU temps drop, but if you want one, I would recommend something by Noctua.

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F12-chromax-Black-swap-Premium-Grade-Quiet/dp/B07654PNFQ

Or if you need 140mm: https://www.newegg.com/noctua-chromax-black-swap-case-fan/p/1YF-000T-000D7?Item=9SIAADY6HZ8614

I have a couple of these and they are great and quiet. Whatever that speccy program is seems to be garbage/reading the wrong temps. You are fine.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

That is the correct summary and those are the correct temps. An idle 95c CPU would probably cause a shutdown, and I'm assuming that's not happening to you. Your temps are fine. A case fan isn't going to make your CPU temps drop, but if you want one, I would recommend something by Noctua.

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F12-chromax-Black-swap-Premium-Grade-Quiet/dp/B07654PNFQ

Or if you need 140mm: https://www.newegg.com/noctua-chromax-black-swap-case-fan/p/1YF-000T-000D7?Item=9SIAADY6HZ8614

I have a couple of these and they are great and quiet. Whatever that speccy program is seems to be garbage/reading the wrong temps. You are fine.

I have one of these from my own build

http://www.deepcool.com/product/cpucooler/2013-12/7_487.shtml

If I want to replace the CPU fan. Not sure how much streaming/gaming will drive the intensity up.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
You are using the stock heatsink currently? If you replace it with the deepcool it will probably drop 5-10 degrees idle.

Again, your temps are fine though, whatever that speccy program was pulling temps from was wrong. Gaming will probably push you to around 70-75c, which is also fine.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Onmi posted:

so my new PC finally came in and I decided to throw up speccy to see how it was running and

Oh right, I didn't have money for fans...

So my case is a NZXT 510. What's a good frontal fan to get that's cheap?

Looks like you already found out that this likely wrong, but I was curious about what Speccy would say about my system and it had nearly the same ridiculous temperature. Maybe the program doesn't actually know where to look? I have a 2700X, so also AMD.

I recently added an intake fan to the bottom of my case and while I don't think that alone was beneficial, it led to my case having identical input and output fans whereas before it had more exhaust than intake. Setting all my intake fans to spin a bit faster than my exhaust fans did lower my CPU and GPU idle temps by 10-15 degrees. So if you're thinking about fans, think about intake/exhaust ratio imo.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Isn't there going to be a new gen of nvidia hardware coming fairly soon? I can't imagine waiting it out a bit will hurt all that much. Either you'll get a better deal on current gen hardware, or if you want the new stuff, you can go for that too.

Scuttlebutt is that new Ampere cards will be announced in late march, and 3080 come out in the summer. As always with nvidia, cheaper cards will likely take a while to appear.

Onmi posted:

I have one of these from my own build

http://www.deepcool.com/product/cpucooler/2013-12/7_487.shtml

If I want to replace the CPU fan. Not sure how much streaming/gaming will drive the intensity up.

The wraith stealth on a plain 2600 is very mediocre and does thermally limit the CPU performance in demanding multi-core loads. If you are doing game streams and encoding the video on the CPU, a heatsink change will improve performance. (Plus it'll be way quieter.)

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Many years ago I had an AMD that I unknowingly booted up without any thermal paste on the heatsink. It took me a while to realise why it refused to boot past the BIOS; it was at 105ºC.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Been running a Ryzen 2600x system with a Scythe Mugen B cooler for the past year or something, and I gotta say... Scythe is kinda loud.
Previous computer (now living room HTPC/emu box) had a Phanteks ph-tc14pe that is/was nearly inaudible. Granted that thing is a hulking, 2 tower, 2 fan monstrosity.
I'm thinking about replacing the Mugen w/a Dark Rock Pro 4 or a Noctua (NH-U12A or NH-D15.) Only concern is RAM clearance. Current modules are "low profile," but still 42mm tall. Thoughts?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Nvidia just put out a statement pushing the 2060 at $300. If big Navi really is coming it might impact things up the stack, though price cuts on GPUs are rare overall.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cyberpunk delayed until September 2020.

Guess I'll wait since my system runs everything else fine. Bummer

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Actually feeling really validated about the Cyberpunk delay. Now I definitely can wait for Zen 3 and the 3000 series Nvidia cards before I build a new machine this fall.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

betterinsodapop posted:

Been running a Ryzen 2600x system with a Scythe Mugen B cooler for the past year or something, and I gotta say... Scythe is kinda loud.
Previous computer (now living room HTPC/emu box) had a Phanteks ph-tc14pe that is/was nearly inaudible. Granted that thing is a hulking, 2 tower, 2 fan monstrosity.
I'm thinking about replacing the Mugen w/a Dark Rock Pro 4 or a Noctua (NH-U12A or NH-D15.) Only concern is RAM clearance. Current modules are "low profile," but still 42mm tall. Thoughts?

That's odd. Lot's of reviews calling it out for being quiet. What about replacing the fans?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yea if you think the mugen rev b is loud I'm not sure what's going to sound quiet to you. It's a pretty quiet fan even at full RPM.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

betterinsodapop posted:

I'm thinking about replacing the Mugen w/a Dark Rock Pro 4 or a Noctua (NH-U12A or NH-D15.)

The Scythe Mugen is a giant heatsink, the only improvement from a noctua or bequiet is that those two companies have the best low-noise fans available. By contrast the scythe has a generic PWM fan that operates at the same RPM, but isn't as good as ones that noctua or bequiet put on their heatsinks.

Putting a noctua or bequiet 120mm fan onto a mugen basically turns it into the same thing as a U12 or Dark Rock without having to buy a whole new heatsink. But it also erases the Mugen's cost advantage when you put a $20 fan on it.

If your mugen is loud, I'd check for:
1. are you using PWM fan control to slow the fan down? Did you set a custom fan curve to lower the speed to like 40% when below 50C?
2. is the noise actually loud or just annoyingly not constant? if the latter, tweak the fan curve to different temps so you don't bounce back and forth over a control point (or add hysteresis if available).
3. is it vibration noise from something like a fan clip not being 100% secure?

m.hache posted:

Cyberpunk delayed until September 2020.

lol everyone ITT who bought new systems for cyberpunk will have to upgrade in the fall

pofcorn
May 30, 2011
Yeah I also run a Mugen on a 2600x and it's pretty quiet, much better than the stock cooler or even a Hyper 212.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I agree - if you're running a very cool fan curve, start by tweaking it run a little hotter at lower RPM. If you want the best 120mm fan on it, you could also consider one of Noctua's fancy new a12x25s, the fan that gives the u12a it's extra kick. Putting an aftermarket fan on a Mugen might erase (some of) the cost advantage, but as a marginal upgrade it's much cheaper than swapping to Dark Rock Pro 4 or D15 (and much, much cheaper than the u12a)!

Klyith posted:

lol everyone ITT who bought new systems for cyberpunk will have to upgrade in the fall

Surely you mean in the spring? :v:

(their systems will still be fine next fall, please don't upgrade again before it comes out)

Stickman fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 16, 2020

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I saw a video that shows those nzxt 510 cases are choked in terms of air flow. Apparently adding front intake fans do nothing. The case is designed to have one rear exhaust and a top rear exhaust. No intakes needed.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Jaded Burnout posted:

Many years ago I had an AMD that I unknowingly booted up without any thermal paste on the heatsink. It took me a while to realise why it refused to boot past the BIOS; it was at 105ºC.

That reminds me of this classic video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssL1DA_K0sI

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Well, kinda scratch what I said before; decided to up my price range and go for a quiet build at a bit more cost.

Quiet Mid-High Performance Build - Taiwan prices converted to USD (Sinya online store)
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($376.00)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler ($113.00)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($200.00)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($73.00)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($146.00)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card ($627.00)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case ($80.00)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($143.00)
Total: $1758.00

Prices are baseline from one online store, now to check some other online stores (not sure if there's price aggregators for Taiwanese sites; pulling and converting all these manually) and/or see if I can haggle at physical stores to bring the price down a bit.

Also debating if I should just go for the SeaSonic FOCUS+ 1000W for another ~15 USD to ensure I should basically always be at the <50% load keeping the PSU fan in silent mode. Alternatively could go one of Seagate's fanless 600W but think that could be pushing it with power requirements if/when I add something or upgrade.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

I saw a video that shows those nzxt 510 cases are choked in terms of air flow. Apparently adding front intake fans do nothing. The case is designed to have one rear exhaust and a top rear exhaust. No intakes needed.

I have a 510.and can confirm. What's kind of silly is they tell you to install the PSU with the fan facing down because there's an exhaust there, but heat rises and my Seasonic manual advised against that. I don't know how much NZXT has tested this, but I put mine right side up. They should have really considered an exhaust.om the door instead, but I guess people don't like that because it blocks RGB.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Gamersnexus' testing showed that a front fan can reduce cpu temperatures slightly, but at the cost of increased gpu temperatures. Since gpu temperatures are usually much more important for gaming, it's usually better just to leave it stock, and in fact they gave the "Elite" version of H510 poor marks for including stock front intakes that actively made cooling worse.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 16, 2020

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

So, high wattage PSUs won't generate less heat than others at a given level of output. The relationship between wattage and heat generation is dependent on efficiency alone, not overall capacity of the PSU. High wattage PSUs should have beefier cooling and be able to dissipate heat better, but they're not going to be less hot. In the case of the 1kW focus plus fans turn on around 30% load, but plenty of high quality PSUs have zero rpm modes for comparable loads.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Bank posted:

I have a 510.and can confirm. What's kind of silly is they tell you to install the PSU with the fan facing down because there's an exhaust there, but heat rises and my Seasonic manual advised against that. I don't know how much NZXT has tested this, but I put mine right side up. They should have really considered an exhaust.om the door instead, but I guess people don't like that because it blocks RGB.

The downward facing fan on the psu is the intake - the exhaust is on the back. It draws cool air from under the case and exhausts out the back, which mostly isolates from the rest of the airflow in the case. Installing the psu with the intake facing downward has been standard since psus moved to the bottom of the case, and Seasonic's manuals recommend it as well.

Installing it facing upwards means it's drawing air from inside the case. I'm not sure how much of an issue that would cause with an H500, but I suspect it'll reduce the negative pressure induced by the stock exhaust and reduce the gpu's ability to draw in air through the ventilated pcie slot covers.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Bank posted:

My understanding is that the air volume of a PSU compared to the size of the fans they have mean that, especially with Gold/Plat rated PSUs, turning the fan on even just a bit is more than enough to cycle the air inside so fan-down configurations are fine and can actually be very beneficial with cases that have poor internal air flow because they keep the PSU exhaust essentially a separate loop instead of pulling hot air from the case. The only time it's worth considering fan-up is if you have a PSU that relies heavily on passive cooling. My Seasonic has a passive mode you can enable that turns the fan off and the manual specifically tells you to mount fan-up only if you're going to use that, otherwise go fan-down (assuming you have an exhaust vent there with your case).

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Shows how hardy those things were, as my Athlon worked fine for many years after.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

LimburgLimbo posted:

Well, kinda scratch what I said before; decided to up my price range and go for a quiet build at a bit more cost.

Quiet Mid-High Performance Build - Taiwan prices converted to USD (Sinya online store)
PCPartPicker Part List
All that looks good, you might look around for scythe stuff instead of the noctua heatsink -- scythe is in japan & have a taiwan website so they might be well priced for you? They have the Fuma 2 that's a doubled-up heatsink like the D15.

LimburgLimbo posted:

Also debating if I should just go for the SeaSonic FOCUS+ 1000W for another ~15 USD to ensure I should basically always be at the <50% load keeping the PSU fan in silent mode. Alternatively could go one of Seagate's fanless 600W but think that could be pushing it with power requirements if/when I add something or upgrade.

Your GPU pulls about 225 watts and the CPU might do 140W, in real-world gaming everything probably won't be doing much more than 350. So the PSU fan should stay off or pretty drat silent most of the time anyways. And if overclock everything and use more juice, the fan on a platinum-rated PSU is still going to be the quietest fan in the system.

Modern good PSUs don't need to stay at 50% power use, they have pretty flat efficiency from 50W to like 95% of whatever they're rated for. $15 isn't much different though so your call.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

ItBreathes posted:

So, high wattage PSUs won't generate less heat than others at a given level of output. The relationship between wattage and heat generation is dependent on efficiency alone, not overall capacity of the PSU. High wattage PSUs should have beefier cooling and be able to dissipate heat better, but they're not going to be less hot. In the case of the 1kW focus plus fans turn on around 30% load, but plenty of high quality PSUs have zero rpm modes for comparable loads.

Klyith posted:

Your GPU pulls about 225 watts and the CPU might do 140W, in real-world gaming everything probably won't be doing much more than 350. So the PSU fan should stay off or pretty drat silent most of the time anyways. And if overclock everything and use more juice, the fan on a platinum-rated PSU is still going to be the quietest fan in the system.

Modern good PSUs don't need to stay at 50% power use, they have pretty flat efficiency from 50W to like 95% of whatever they're rated for. $15 isn't much different though so your call.

Gotcha; wasn't clear on the details here. Was doing some looking into things and saw a LinusTechTips video where he mentioned he got a 1200W specifically to keep a silent fan so thought it might be a thing but maybe debatable or whatnot. Still for such a minor price diff (and the Seagates' 10+ year warranties) might be worth it just to get the higher W so I can keep it around for future use with a potentially higher power rig at some point.

Klyith posted:

All that looks good, you might look around for scythe stuff instead of the noctua heatsink -- scythe is in japan & have a taiwan website so they might be well priced for you? They have the Fuma 2 that's a doubled-up heatsink like the D15.

Good call; those seem plenty quiet indeed, and the Ninja 5 is available and a nice ~60 USD cheaper than the Noctua. Also not that ugly brown. That brings me down to 1,701 USD equivalent while still with the 750W PSU.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Demostrs posted:

I mostly agree with the choices for this build, but I pushed it all the way to the $1000 CAD mark with some tweaks (cheaper EVO cooler clone, only SSD storage, 1660 vs 1650S, and a PSU with a 10 year warranty vs 7). If the storage situation is going to be pressed because of only having 1 TB, you could fall back to the 512 GB version of the SU800 and add that WD Blue back in:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($239.00 @ Canada Computers)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 74.34 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Canada Computers)
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Canada Computers)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($76.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: ADATA Ultimate SU800 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Canada Computers)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB OC Video Card ($279.00 @ Canada Computers)
Case: Phanteks P300 ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.98 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $999.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-29 14:37 EST-0500

I also agree that if $1000 isn't a hard cap, get a 1660S. It's the best price/perf card on the market right now.

Stickman posted:

This is pretty close to what I'd recommend, but this Gigabyte 1660 Ti for $330 is a better value than decent 1660 super models in Canada right now. If you like turning up graphics settings, I'd consider that upgrade for Warhammer 2 - it's pretty demanding on the graphics card and over the lifespan of the card I'll suspect you'll probably play some games that are more graphically demanding still.

The 3600 is a great value, but if you want to cut costs a bit I'd consider moving down to a 2600. On a 60hz monitor there's not going to be any difference in performance currently, and it'll likely be a long while before there will be one. Because AMD cpu prices tend to go down, you could always drop in a cheap 8+ core 3rd- (maybe 4th- if it's compatible) gen Ryzen five years down the road. A 2600 plus ASRock B450 Pro4 would save ~$90 over the 3600+A Pro. The 2600 also doesn't have the 3600's boost fan revving issue, so the stock cooler is a little quieter.

I'd also consider spending the extra $25 for a Fractal Design Meshify C. The P300 is decent, but the Meshify C has better airflow, better stock coolers, better build quality, and is a breeze to work in. There's also a solid panel version if you're willing to pay another $15 to avoid glass.

Okay, so I'm ready to pull the trigger now and I think I'll use this list with the Stickman's suggestion for an upgraded graphics card and tower (non glass version is actually cheaper now).

How does this look?

Edit: Do computer parts usually ship free? I've never bought from Newegg, Vuugo, Memory Express, or "Shoprbc"...

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 16, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Professor Shark posted:

Edit: Do computer parts usually ship free? I've never bought from Newegg, Vuugo, Memory Express, or "Shoprbc"...
Newegg has not shipped free for me, but it's like $7 in the continental US.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's vastly easier to just buy everything from Amazon even if it's a little more expensive. Super easy returns if something is broke and their shipping is pretty fast. Newegg return policy is terrible.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah I test-ran a buy from Newegg and it was $34 shipping. I'll check out Amazon and see how it looks, I just wasn't sure about their reputation as far as computer stuff went

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Okay, here is what I have:

It's a bit more than I had planned, but if it's a good system it will be worth it.

Opinions? Am I missing anything? Should I pull the trigger?

Edit: I just saw Stickman's suggestion of moving down from a AMD 3600 to a 2600, and that would save $120. Would that be a logical change? I assume that the 3600 is newer, but Stickman make it sound not as good?

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 16, 2020

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The only ones I'd try to change are the ones not shipping from Amazon directly. Returns on products from a third party is a pain, but sometimes it's the only choice I guess.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Huge_Midget posted:

Actually feeling really validated about the Cyberpunk delay. Now I definitely can wait for Zen 3 and the 3000 series Nvidia cards before I build a new machine this fall.

Same April was the wrong time of year to be buying everything new; right before the next generation comes out.

Now we can wait and get gouged on all that 7nm.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah I test-ran a buy from Newegg and it was $34 shipping. I'll check out Amazon and see how it looks, I just wasn't sure about their reputation as far as computer stuff went

Newegg is a reputable vendor of computer parts, I've bought from them for years. Although yeah I definitely take shipping costs into account and there might be better places to buy from for any number of reasons... but it's not a sketchy site.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Okay, I'll go for it. Should I buy a copy of Windows 10 too? I was also told by the students who will be helping me put this thing together that I should get velcro cord ties...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Professor Shark posted:

Edit: I just saw Stickman's suggestion of moving down from a AMD 3600 to a 2600, and that would save $120. Would that be a logical change? I assume that the 3600 is newer, but Stickman make it sound not as good?

I would recommend the 2600 as well for a large savings... You don't seem to need the 3600 and you certainly won't notice any difference.