Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i once spent like a half hour idling in metro last light just to see all the silly idle weapon animations they put in. i liked the one where you play with your electric rail gun thing and get zapped by accident

I like the one where he tosses the AK up then gets confused when it doesn't come down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I have 48 hours in Hollow Knight after doing all the DLC including the boss rushes

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
All pale in comparison to the items in super hydlide.

There's lotion that just says your cracked skin is healed and does nothing

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

It heals your cracked skin :confused:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

in deus ex jc says he likes to make a silent takedown and then you use the gep gun to blow up paul. neat touch.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RBA Starblade posted:

I like the one where he tosses the AK up then gets confused when it doesn't come down

I think roughly half of them involve the gun breaking or him accidentally injuring himself with it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do you guys think the numbers behind the Shield Rod + Alucard’s Shield combo (deal 255 damage multiple times per second to enemies that brush up against your shield, usable basically ad nauseam) are intentional?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Do you guys think the numbers behind the Shield Rod + Alucard’s Shield combo (deal 255 damage multiple times per second to enemies that brush up against your shield, usable basically ad nauseam) are intentional?

Absolutely

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Quick Fire Emblem missions: in defend missions where the victory conditions are defend and beat the boss is this a case of do either or do both?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cheetah7071 posted:

I have 48 hours in Hollow Knight after doing all the DLC including the boss rushes

45 but I didn't finish the boss rushes

Such an amazingly good game, easily worth twice the full price

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Relax Or DIE posted:

to give some folks a chance to put their asses away for a bit, lemme pose a question:

what is a very minor thing a game does that adds a lot more than it seems like it should that you really like? for example, in SMT IV/A when you do a good in combat your characters (or the enemy) can get a bonus buff that does a number of things. this buff is called 'smirk' which is a small detail but adds so much flavor to the game imo. SMT IV:A might be my favorite version of the SMT/Persona combat systems

In Prey, Morgan's apartment toilet seat will be down, or up, depending on wether you're a girl!Morgan or boy!Morgan.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Best looking game on ps1

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Relax Or DIE posted:

to give some folks a chance to put their asses away for a bit, lemme pose a question:

what is a very minor thing a game does that adds a lot more than it seems like it should that you really like? for example, in SMT IV/A when you do a good in combat your characters (or the enemy) can get a bonus buff that does a number of things. this buff is called 'smirk' which is a small detail but adds so much flavor to the game imo. SMT IV:A might be my favorite version of the SMT/Persona combat systems

I will never, ever, EVER put my rear end away

If you look down or up while jumping in DUSK, you can do a flip.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Best looking game on ps1

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Cowcaster posted:

in dishonored you can constantly holster/unsheath your collapsible sword to twirl it a bunch

if you try to reload your weapon when it's already full in Shadow Warrior 2, Wang will do a little trick instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtN0Fdm0Joc

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Gran Turismo 2 is the best looking ps1 game, imo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:chloe:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Best looking game on ps1

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

Quick Fire Emblem missions: in defend missions where the victory conditions are defend and beat the boss is this a case of do either or do both?

If it says and, it probably means and.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

at least say ridge racer type 4

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i also would have accepted breath of fire 3 or 4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rdt5XNvPkc

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the horizon zero dawn announcement’s got me thinking bout that bloodborne

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bloodborne at 60fps would be GOTY 2020

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cyberpunk 2077 should be delayed to be a next gen exclusive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 should be delayed to be a next gen exclusive.

I mean it's coming out just before those consoles. Like within a month or two. So not exclusive, but probably so there is more time to take advantage of that hardware when you play the game on those systems.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/KeychainCollect/status/1217940231950864384?s=20

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's weird how crash himself looks better on PS1

i think it's the eyebrows on HD crash or something I don't like it

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

in terms of photorealism it's definitely this. probably every console's most photorealistic game is a racing sim of some kind

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I mean it's coming out just before those consoles. Like within a month or two. So not exclusive, but probably so there is more time to take advantage of that hardware when you play the game on those systems.

Yes, but it's being held back by poor quality last gen hardware.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Phantasium posted:

i also would have accepted breath of fire 3 or 4

I love everything about those games but the art style is particularly impeccable.

Still haven't come across something that gives such a sense of wandering through the desolate unknown as the Desert of Death. (Granted, the wrong directions played a part there lol)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

It's weird how crash himself looks better on PS1

i think it's the eyebrows on HD crash or something I don't like it

hd means you have to take a cartoon design and overcomplicate it with detail instead of keeping it simple and cartoony

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cyberpunk should be delayed to 2077 and then delayed again into a toilet

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Yes, but it's being held back by poor quality last gen hardware.

probably makes little to no difference

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Re cool details:

The DMC5 thread linked this and it's such a small detail that's crazy it made it in, entering certain cutscenes in different movement modes will be reflected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D3ahOv77X8

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Crash should keep his tribal tattoos.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I just hope the Cyberpunk 2077 delay is used to keep the staff working at a reasonable rate, rather than trying to cram like 10 months of work into 5 months of delay.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Stux posted:

probably makes little to no difference

The amount of ram available is way more important than the processing power in the cpu or gpu and that'll surely be increased or at least changed to the correct kind in the case of the xbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1217875660926062593