Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We have a new smash-only footage of Sothis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Eimi posted:

Yay for Ms Byleth getting in Smash! Not quite Pokemon Trainer with the three lords but I like this implementation. Also I love just how mad the Smash community is over this. :v:

Also nice to have a date for the big dlc pack.

Smash kids being mad about byleth is funny but I wish they weren’t spilling over and disliking the Wave 4 DLC trailer out of spite.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Augus posted:

Hubert ain’t one to show off for the camera

Hubert’s the guy who uses rags soaked in chloroform so often that he sometimes forgets them around campus. He’s not exactly kid-friendly at the best of times.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Clearly Hubert isn't on camera because he's busy using one of said rags.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Wait people actually still care about Smash? I figured all the people who actually give a poo poo beyond it being a fun party game were going to do their usual thing of whining about how awful the game is and then go back to Melee.

Oh well bring on more FE characters for smash.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Sydin posted:

Oscar for Fighter Pass 2

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The casual party game players are the ones that become incredibly angry whenever a disgusting anime swordsperson they don't like is added.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sydin posted:

Wait people actually still care about Smash? I figured all the people who actually give a poo poo beyond it being a fun party game were going to do their usual thing of whining about how awful the game is and then go back to Melee.

Melee is mostly dead and most people don't give a poo poo about it anymore

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i'm excited to ride a black pegasus while i shoot spells with pale misfits

(please somehow let me recruit hubert to ashen wolves)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

RBA Starblade posted:

Melee is mostly dead and most people don't give a poo poo about it anymore

lol there you go I'm way out of date. This is what I get for not giving a poo poo about smash since like 2009.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

doing the abyss dlc in part one unlocks an alternate part 2 for each route that gives the true ending where everyone is friends and helps each other beat up the bad guys

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cams posted:

doing the abyss dlc in part one unlocks an alternate part 2 for each route that gives the true ending where everyone is friends and helps each other beat up the bad guys
if they do this the game will go from a 9/10 to a 7/10

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The only changes Part 2 needs is more chapters in CF dealing with Dimitri and Rhea and also cutscenes in CF...so many cutscenes.

e: also you can recruit Seteth and Flayn.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 16, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh also as an aside yuri (the blue haired pretty boy) is confirmed to be marriageable by both male and female byleth

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Yeah, they've said they're not going to touch the existing main stories.

Bit unfortunate, in my opinion, I think the main story could use an overhaul in places (making Silver Snow and Crimson Flower the same length as the other campaigns, making Silver Snow not a half-copy of CF and half-copy of VW, more gay options), but I think the Revelation approach would be all wrong.

I also realized, I think, a big part of why Edelgard acts the way she does. Assuming she has the same shortened lifespan as Lysithea, she's dying during part two. Lysithea in part two says she has five years left, tops, and Edelgard is three years older than her. Her decision to commit suicide by Byleth/Dimitri also makes a hell of a lot more sense now: she's probably going to die in another year or so, and it's not likely to be pretty. So she's choosing to exit on her terms rather than deteriorate from illness.

Also realized that Rhea most likely knows Edelgard has the Crest of Flames - Catherine reveals in her supports with Lysithea that she can instantly tell at a glance what Crest anyone has... or Crests, plural. Even if she didn't recognize Edelgard as having the Crest of Flames, she'd sure as hell report to Rhea that Edelgard has a Crest she doesn't recognize. Adds a lot more to how badly Rhea reacts to Edelgard being the Flame Emperor if you assume Rhea's known all along that Edelgard has the Crest of Flames - there's not exactly a lot of ways she could have gotten that particular Crest, and Rhea probably realizes exactly what's going on.

Edelgard got the surgery after Lysithea so she's got more time left. It's just turning into a Demonic Beast isn't uh, healthy so she's maybe got a month left tops anyway.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

"We are the secret 4th house" made me laugh. This is going to be awful.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

You'd think someone would have brought out the guy with the punch relic for the civil war.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

A new group of mole people, distinct from the already existing (evil!) group of mole people

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
the dlc for 3h seems extremely lackluster compared to fates

and fates dlc wasn't exactly that great to begin with

but at least there was actual content with fates dlc

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/meridachii/status/1217899806594666498?s=21

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sydin posted:

Wait people actually still care about Smash?

It's literally one of the highest selling games of last year and the best selling fighting game, yes

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Endorph posted:

if they do this the game will go from a 9/10 to a 7/10
i'm gonna play crimson flower and recruit dimitri and claude and they're both gonna hug edelgard and be my friend

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so is the mole people school like, accredited. do they get mole diplomas

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

big fan of the heels on yuri

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Super No Vacancy posted:

so is the mole people school like, accredited. do they get mole diplomas

these must be the people who show up once for the first day of class and again during finals, and nowhere in between.

Calling it now that Board Games and Coffee will be the preferred gift for most of them.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

They didn't show male dark flier but still please...c'mon let Hubert get a flying pony....

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bi purple girl might make me buy the DLC. Might.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yuri is a boy

In heels.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Before he got locked in the basement, he shared fashion tips with his cousin from across the sea.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

KittyEmpress posted:

Yuri is a boy

In heels.

Welp.

Not buying it, then. Doesn't seem to address any of what I feel are the game's shortcomings.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Welp.

Not buying it, then. Doesn't seem to address any of what I feel are the game's shortcomings.

What does this have to do with the post you're quoting?

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

So are the ashen wolves basically just a bunch of goth kids hanging out in the basement going “yeah we’re totally our own house”

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Cnidaria posted:

So are the ashen wolves basically just a bunch of goth kids hanging out in the basement going “yeah we’re totally our own house”

Finally a house I relate to.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Junpei Hyde posted:

What does this have to do with the post you're quoting?

I wanted more gay options for lady Byleth, as I prefer playing her to the guy and I've realized I dislike almost all the f/f romantic option characters in Three Houses to a greater or lesser extent.

If the DLC did have a new f/f option, I'd consider buying it for that reason alone.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

"bisexual" more like "bylethsexual" the only dude he can marry is the PC, c'mon let him hook up with Lorenz or Ignatz

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

He has an a support with the other ashen wolf dude so there's a good chance they get an ending.

No telling if it's gay or not though.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

DC Murderverse posted:

"bisexual" more like "bylethsexual" the only dude he can marry is the PC, c'mon let him hook up with Lorenz or Ignatz

Kinda seems like they are trying to address the complaints about anemic same sex supports for MByleth compared to FByleth. Though they should have made both the DLC boys by to satisfy calls for a buff m\m husband. Also the ladies because I like them. Sorry to Dorothea and Mercedes, either or those girls are more my type.

mycatscrimes fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 17, 2020

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i think it should be noted that Sakurai has incredibly good taste in characters. The three non-lord students who got a Spirit Board battle are Dorothea, Hilda and Ingrid, and they're three of the best characters in the game.

Like Clockwork posted:

He has an a support with the other ashen wolf dude so there's a good chance they get an ending.

No telling if it's gay or not though.

fingers crossed i guess, but i'm not optimistic.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Cythereal posted:

Welp.

Cythereal posted:

I wanted more gay options for lady Byleth, as I prefer playing her to the guy and I've realized I dislike almost all the f/f romantic option characters in Three Houses to a greater or lesser extent.

If the DLC did have a new f/f option, I'd consider buying it for that reason alone.

You might want to consider the tone of your posts more carefully. While I'm sure it wasn't your intent, the first post in particular comes off as pretty flippantly dismissive of m/m representation, which is, uh, not a great look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
If I have the money to spare, I'm willing to pay for the DLC to get the new classes, I've really missed Dark Flier.