Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Embarrassing Loss of the Divisional Round
This poll is closed.
Kirk Cousins, lol 20 10.15%
Lamar's MVP gets run over 61 30.96%
The Texans play the greatest quarter of football 107 54.31%
<Tom Hanks Voice> WILSON 9 4.57%
Total: 197 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I think there are always cops at sporting events, probably entered the locker room because he wanted to

usually the venue pays for the cops though and if peopel say hey stay out of the locker rooms unless we call for you or some poo poo they won't go down there. At least... well.

It is new orleans which has some of the most infamously corrupt cops out there so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Fifty Three posted:

Woah what? I'm not arguing with you here

... i can’t tell if this is a joke or not but the words surrounding this statement are vital to the context of determining who is the subject of my sentence! Not you, goon!

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

Shere posted:

As for why he's mad? He's a cop (at a sporting event).

Security guard. Might be one off duty but from what the reports say he wasn't there as a police officer.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

cpranger posted:

Security guard. Might be one off duty but from what the reports say he wasn't there as a police officer.

Right different cities/states/departments have regulations on this but most (outside of like.. the FBI) will let you work while in uniform as private security. You're still a police officer and can do police officer things but you're providing security for the event. It's really lucrative for cops as a nice side gig to get good pay plus you know see football games and have fun. Even in my podunk home town you can make north of $150 an hour to do this type of stuff which is a nice chunk of pay considering the median salary is around 60k for these guys.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

It’s really really hard to beat the Chiefs without scoring 30+.

good thing the titans have literally the best offense in the league since Tannehill took over

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

adaz posted:

Right different cities/states/departments have regulations on this but most (outside of like.. the FBI) will let you work while in uniform as private security. You're still a police officer and can do police officer things but you're providing security for the event. It's really lucrative for cops as a nice side gig to get good pay plus you know see football games and have fun. Even in my podunk home town you can make north of $150 an hour to do this type of stuff which is a nice chunk of pay considering the median salary is around 60k for these guys.

My dad was a cop but he never worked Saints games. He got details at Piccadilly Cafeteria and the racetrack.

e: He still dressed in uniform though. I dont recognize the uniform worn by that dude as State, NOPD, or JPSO. That's why I think he's just a security guard.

cpranger fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 16, 2020

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stevie Lee posted:

good thing the titans have literally the best offense in the league since Tannehill took over

Well people act like the Titans are great at keeping the ball away from the other team. They're 28th in time of possession.

If it's a boat race you want we're game

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

cpranger posted:

My dad was a cop but he never worked Saints games. He got details at Piccadilly Cafeteria and the racetrack.

I mean on the bright side he uh

got to smell food all day?

It's also apparently Wide Receivers News Day because :(. Get help Antonio

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1217880846553829378

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Not sure why AB hasn't been committed yet. He is not well at all.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

If he won't go voluntarily and no family member will bring him, someone would have to call the police to have him involuntarily committed. What are the chances he survives that?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I mean they can do a quick 72 hour hold if they feel he’s a danger to himself

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Nothing says healthy fanbase like an Reddit AMA days after a new coach is hired

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Checks out imo

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1217882632735862784

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

vacate all celtics, red sox, bruins and patriots titles imo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Nuke it from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

fartknocker posted:

Nuke it from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Force Tom Brady to play QB in the XFL

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

... i can’t tell if this is a joke or not but the words surrounding this statement are vital to the context of determining who is the subject of my sentence! Not you, goon!
...and the fact that you quoted me but disagreed with my first statement hinted the "gently caress you" being towards me. I thought you thought I was defending the cop, sorry :shrug:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Fifty Three posted:

...and the fact that you quoted me but disagreed with my first statement hinted the "gently caress you" being towards me. I thought you thought I was defending the cop, sorry :shrug:

No need to say sorry but this an interesting way to read it. All that stuff you deleted before and after the “gently caress you” was important. :-)

I see your confusion!

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 16, 2020

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Also who's watching the Aaron Hernandez documentary

I just finished watching it, quite a story they're telling. Were they trying to say he caught the gay from being sexually abused and the death of brutal daddy made him a killer in some roundabout way?, in any case he was a piece of poo poo and lol @ getting acquitted of the other 2 murders that's some justice system.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

When even Drew Rosenhaus throws up his hands AB has got to be into some hosed up poo poo right now.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Pacman told me he has a long cut of AB's latest breakdown video where he ends it by smirking and winking at the camera.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I'm less worried about Antonio Brown than his kids and his ex. Dude's an abuser and gives no fucks about his children.

Get help, but first get the gently caress out of their lives.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Also who's watching the Aaron Hernandez documentary

He jokingly asked his agent if he can get him a Smith and Wesson deal, holy poo poo.

Finished it, there wasn't much new information if you followed they story when it happened. They speculate a lot on what his motives might have been, losing his Dad, struggling with his sexuality, CTE, drug use. They gave a lot of time to his high school QB who claims they had a relationship and the QBs Dad who really doesn't have anything to do with the story.

Didn't need to be three hours, no interviews with any family members, Leigh Bodden is the only former Patriot they interviewed that was on a team with Hernandez

Ryan O'Callaghan is there to talk about being closed in the NFL, which is interesting on it's own, but doesn't necessarily apply to Hernandez.

Guze fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 17, 2020

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

pasaluki posted:

When even Drew Rosenhaus throws up his hands AB has got to be into some hosed up poo poo right now.

Rosenhaus is taking the opportunity to peace out because it’s clear Brown will never play in the NFL again and so there’s no more money to be made off him.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Eric the Mauve posted:

Rosenhaus is taking the opportunity to peace out because it’s clear Brown will never play in the NFL again and so there’s no more money to be made off him.

Honestly checking himself in somewhere and coming out a month or two later is probably the sort of gesture that would make teams consider talking to him again

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Pretty sure Goodell has made it known that he's suspended for a year starting the day someone signs him, and the chances he can go a year without publicly doing something batshit are 0.0%, so I don't think anyone is going to go near him, and Rosenhaus appears to concur.

But yeah if he wants to have the tiniest sliver of a chance to play in the NFL again rehab for at least a month is probably a necessary first step.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
so, uh....

this is a thing now???????

https://twitter.com/SIChrisMannix/status/1217898750640869376

on the one hand, jesus loving christ AB get help before you loving kill yourself

on the other: god i hope logan paul gets CTE

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Isn't that dude turbo roided now?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Isn't that dude turbo roided now?

he's a youtuber, and in no way works out near the level of a professional athlete, much less an nfl athlete

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I will absolutely bet money on AB beating his rear end. Even if there are rules like boxing or whatever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If Logan Paul actually gets his poo poo punched in by AB, it's a tragic case of a man with untreated mental illness being exploited, but it's also a net benefit for society.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Better Than You posted:

Not sure why AB hasn't been committed yet. He is not well at all.

In the very off chance this is serious, it’s because committing someone is actually super goddamn hard! It’s either because the US bases it’s mental health system around a model that values individual liberty and choice in treatment, or because it’s in shambles and desperately seeks absolutely any excuse to deny treatment to blatantly mentally ill individuals. It’s like a choose your own adventure, where virtually every ending is being left untreated and alone. At least it sucks for rich people too!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

A big flaming stink posted:

he's a youtuber, and in no way works out near the level of a professional athlete, much less an nfl athlete

I mean....

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fast twitch muscle fibers are a thing, so are weight classes.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

celebrity boxing cares about weight classes? I mean dude looks like he has a few inches and 30lbs on AB.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

celebrity boxing cares about weight classes? I mean dude looks like he has a few inches and 30lbs on AB.

From his last stupid boxing match according to google Paul is 6'2" 181, Brown is 5'9" 185ish I think.

e: wiki has Paul at 189.

I have now spent 3 more minutes thinking about this than I ever wanted to.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 17, 2020

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

It just doesn't seem like that big of a slam dunk for AB just because dude is a youtuber. On paper it looks like it would be a decent punchfest of 2 hardly trained douchebags.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, Id probably put money on Logan since hes a complete turd that seems to still be in charge of his faculties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I didn't watch the two Logan Paul matches, but I did read/hear that he got in shape and trained hard and put on a halfway decent match. On the surface that seems plausible since I don't remember him looking like that. Plus seems to not have lost his mind

I have no doubt Antonio Brown wouldn't take it seriously though. He'll probably end up DQing himself somehow if it actually happens