Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

I immediately thought of Power Rangers when the Anti Monitor grew super large (the special effect they used even looked super power rangersy). I sincerely thought the legends writers would be crazy enough to lean into it and have them summon a giant beebo to fight him again.

They blew their Beebo load at the start of the episode. Two giant Beebos would belabor the point. Here I was thinking Ray was going to huge again to keep him at bay, but he played a big role in stopping the Anti-Monitor already.

e: oh god what a way to start a new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Does Diggle have a son or daughter now?

He originally had a daughter, then Flashpoint happened and then he got a son, and now with the Multiverse reset he has a daughter again.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Now will the daughter grow up to be Deathstroke....

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vietnamwees posted:

He originally had a daughter, then Flashpoint happened and then he got a son, and now with the Multiverse reset he has a daughter again.

That was one hell of a saga. "John and Lyla have a daughter." / "Oh but the Legends went to the future and John's kid is a boy and becomes Connor Hawke." / "Oops, Flashpoint, Sara Diggle is now John Diggle Jr., problem solved." / "Oh, uh, Connor's still around and he's actually not John's kid. poo poo, guess we changed Sara into JJ for nothing." / "Welp. New universe. Here, have both Sara and JJ. quick! end the show before they change poo poo AGAIN!"

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Make Diggle Green Lantern you cowards

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

That was one hell of a saga. "John and Lyla have a daughter." / "Oh but the Legends went to the future and John's kid is a boy and becomes Connor Hawke." / "Oops, Flashpoint, Sara Diggle is now John Diggle Jr., problem solved." / "Oh, uh, Connor's still around and he's actually not John's kid. poo poo, guess we changed Sara into JJ for nothing." / "Welp. New universe. Here, have both Sara and JJ. quick! end the show before they change poo poo AGAIN!"

This explanation reminded me of Connor Kent from Smallville for some reason. So thanks for that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man someone mentioned The Crime Syndicate being the next crossover and I love that idea so much. It isn't just Evil Doppelgangers like Uberwoman and the Iron Arrow, but completely different people in similar roles.

I also really hope the next one starts off replicating this intro with the Arrowverse heroes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnxN-ZT9EGE

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

This was rad, only thing I was disappointed in was no Mark Hamill cameo anywhere. He's obviously a big part of the DC TV history having played the Trickster in both Flash series and voicing the Joker in like everything, and I was hoping since we are past his Star Wars stuff he might have some time for something brief.

Will be interesting to see the dynamic of the shows moving forward.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Now Dig has two kids, and Clark has two kids. Just watch, next Supergirl episode casually drops that in this universe Alex finalized an adoption like two seasons ago. Babies everywhere.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Killer robot posted:

Now Dig has two kids, and Clark has two kids. Just watch, next Supergirl episode casually drops that in this universe Alex finalized an adoption like two seasons ago. Babies everywhere.

Can't wait for Justice League Babies in 2021

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Did the Asian dude ever actually do anything important?

I enjoyed this crossover a lot, especially all the cameos. Only real letdown was the shadow demons. Not even just the hokey fights with them but how variable they were as a threat at any given time. It was like the inverse property of ninjas in CGI form. The see one and everybody shits a brick but when they're swarming around even little worthless Asian paragon was beating them down.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Inspector 34 posted:

I enjoyed this crossover a lot, especially all the cameos. Only real letdown was the shadow demons. Not even just the hokey fights with them but how variable they were as a threat at any given time. It was like the inverse property of ninjas in CGI form. The see one and everybody shits a brick but when they're swarming around even little worthless Asian paragon was beating them down.

A lot of stuff was undone for the sake of drama, like him talking Mar Novu out of making the time jump that creates the Anti-Monitor by connecting with him on a human level, but on things that stuck, he created the bomb that defeated the Anti-Monitor for good. Also he's the second Atom in the comics and they've been mildly unsubtly setting things up that he might become the Atom after Ray leaves Legends but nothing concrete is in place yet.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Inspector 34 posted:

Established that he exists, does science, and comprehends shrinking technology so that he can (I highly suspect) join the Legends as the new Atom when Routh leaves. But otherwise no.

I guess he also serves to function as a sort of audience surrogate character to show how normal people would react to all this wild poo poo. Aside from Black Lightning being real excited to meet a Superman.

Killer robot posted:

Kept waiting for Iris to come out in the end montage with New Nora

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 16, 2020

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

nine-gear crow posted:

created the bomb that defeated the Anti-Monitor for good.

Doesn't even have 200 IQ points tho, that was totally a Luthor project

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
He punched about 3 dementors and whined about how unremarkable he is.

So basically what me, someone who's never been in a fight in his entire life, woulda done. Why wasn't I in this crossover?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blaise330 posted:

He punched about 3 dementors and whined about how unremarkable he is.

So basically what me, someone who's never been in a fight in his entire life, woulda done. Why wasn't I in this crossover?
         \

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Lord Bude posted:

I immediately thought of Power Rangers when the Anti Monitor grew super large (the special effect they used even looked super power rangersy). I sincerely thought the legends writers would be crazy enough to lean into it and have them summon a giant beebo to fight him again.

He also said something about waiting 10,000 years.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

TwoPair posted:

[Ryan Choi] exists, does science, and comprehends shrinking technology so that he can (I highly suspect) join the Legends as the new Atom when Routh leaves.
I also suspect that Choi will be a whiz with the shrinking tech, but isn't going to build a suit of Iron Man style power armor to go with it, like Palmer did. If the new Atom's equipment is just a size-altering belt-buckle, then that solves the problem of Ray's armor being so powerful that it has to constantly be written out of episodes. That'd probably help the effects budget a bit too.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Caught this on rewatch:

Diggle on Legends: "I'm never letting my daughter watch this show again"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

He also said something about waiting 10,000 years.

And he was released from a stone coffin.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

McSpanky posted:

And he was released from a stone coffin.

I forget. How’d he get in there?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SardonicTyrant posted:

Make Diggle Green Lantern you cowards

They even had that long shot of him lit up with either green light or they amped up the green in his costume a ton because you could have slapped a ring on him and called him a latnern right then and there.

Overall I really enjoyed the crossover, for the budget they have everything looked pretty good. Having Oliver be dead dead, instead of just off being the Spectre and unable to be with everyone was kind of odd, but I guess he could technically be somewhere and they just can't find him. Curious as to how they end Arrow since we got that scene of Monitor taking Felicity to go be with Oliver previously.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Guy A. Person posted:

This was rad, only thing I was disappointed in was no Mark Hamill cameo anywhere. He's obviously a big part of the DC TV history having played the Trickster in both Flash series and voicing the Joker in like everything, and I was hoping since we are past his Star Wars stuff he might have some time for something brief.

Will be interesting to see the dynamic of the shows moving forward.

When Gleek showed up at the end I was so primed for a Hamill appearance that I thought the monkey sounds were him laughing.

I'm still holding out hope that Hamill is going to reveal that he was making those noises. I mean, it's either him or Frank Welker, right?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ouhei posted:

Curious as to how they end Arrow since we got that scene of Monitor taking Felicity to go be with Oliver previously.

I'm in the Felicity joins Oliver in a paradise dimension camp myself, but if they don't want to go there they have an out for that scene. Felicity did a mission for the Monitor in the tie-in comics, there was a throwaway line about it in one of the earlier episodes of the crossover.

btw, the big secret Hamill said he was keeping during the winter break was a guest appearance on the next season of What We Do In the Shadows.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

howe_sam posted:

I'm in the Felicity joins Oliver in a paradise dimension camp myself, but if they don't want to go there they have an out for that scene. Felicity did a mission for the Monitor in the tie-in comics, there was a throwaway line about it in one of the earlier episodes of the crossover.

btw, the big secret Hamill said he was keeping during the winter break was a guest appearance on the next season of What We Do In the Shadows.

I figured it'd be something like that.

Also, anyone know why Iris or Cisco weren't in the finale? It was kind of weird that in that final montage of everyone back with their families and stuff that Barry was just chillin with Kaitlin and no one else.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Man someone mentioned The Crime Syndicate being the next crossover and I love that idea so much. It isn't just Evil Doppelgangers like Uberwoman and the Iron Arrow, but completely different people in similar roles.

I also really hope the next one starts off replicating this intro with the Arrowverse heroes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnxN-ZT9EGE

Crime Syndicate opens up so many possibilities for new cameos or having characters ham up and have fun. Like just a repeat of the Legion of Doom but they're all good guys.

Also Heroic Hammill Trickster.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ouhei posted:

They even had that long shot of him lit up with either green light or they amped up the green in his costume a ton because you could have slapped a ring on him and called him a latnern right then and there.

Overall I really enjoyed the crossover, for the budget they have everything looked pretty good. Having Oliver be dead dead, instead of just off being the Spectre and unable to be with everyone was kind of odd, but I guess he could technically be somewhere and they just can't find him. Curious as to how they end Arrow since we got that scene of Monitor taking Felicity to go be with Oliver previously.

Yeah, I'm thinking Paradise Dimension since they've been following the comics Crisis beats pretty well.

I did appreciate Nash going "Yeah let's throw him into a star and have it explode and kill the entire universe. That's a good idea. :rolleyes:" since that's the way they killed the Anti-Monitor in the comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay, post crossover shakedown.

What DC properties didn't get callouts or cameos? Other than Conroy there wasn't a clear DCAU appearance was there? And what about the Linda Carter Wonder Woman? 70's Shazam?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Rhyno posted:

Okay, post crossover shakedown.

What DC properties didn't get callouts or cameos? Other than Conroy there wasn't a clear DCAU appearance was there? And what about the Linda Carter Wonder Woman? 70's Shazam?

Most recent batstuff. Notably Gotham; I guess the Joker movie too but nobody expected that.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Krypton too.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

McTimmy posted:

Krypton too.

Not for lack of trying, apparently they asked and he said yes, but had to back out due to commitments.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Senerio posted:

Not for lack of trying, apparently they asked and he said yes, but had to back out due to commitments.

Awww dang.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Krypton was way better than it had any right to be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ouhei posted:

I figured it'd be something like that.

Also, anyone know why Iris or Cisco weren't in the finale? It was kind of weird that in that final montage of everyone back with their families and stuff that Barry was just chillin with Kaitlin and no one else.

Most likely time/availability. I'm assuming that we got Killer Frost because that character is going to be sidelined pretty hard as Danielle Panabaker is SUPER pregnant right now.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Krypton was way better than it had any right to be.

It had such a great Zod.

Totally went to a top-level watch with the reveal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McTimmy posted:

It had such a great Zod.

Totally went to a top-level watch with the reveal.

Dude flipping Doomsday off is the high point of season 2 for me.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Most of the movies were left out, the brief Green Lantern shot, Ezra Flash and Knox from Batman '89 being the very few exceptions (unless I'm missing obvious references to Nolan Bats, Steel, Catwoman, etc) along with Routh who got the largest role, but is also already part of the CW franchise himself which made it considerably more practical. I know Ezra technically connects all the modern movies but it still seems like that's cheating since there are so many of them at this point.

Conroy was the one nod to the DCAU but also he's done the voice for video games and some of the animated movies. Even then he's the sole rep of all of animation and there's been: the LEGO stuff, the Young Justice-verse, Teen Titans Go!, Super Friends (I guess Gleek was the reference there?) etc.

It was mostly a massive love letter to all the live action DC TV stuff, and as has been said, Gotham and Krypton were the notable contemporary absences, as well as old Shazam and Wonder Woman.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
iZombie... And Powerless :q:

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Watchmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shaq as Steel