Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Syrinxx posted:

What's the best way to have this game not run like complete dog poo poo with single digit framerates

I'm on an RTX 2070 at 2560x1440

I'm on intel integrated graphics (albeit decent ones) at 2736x1824 and it runs okay on medium effects and everything else maxed.

Uhh. Get a better CPU maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Syrinxx posted:

What's the best way to have this game not run like complete dog poo poo with single digit framerates

Private Speech posted:

I'm on intel integrated graphics (albeit decent ones) at 2736x1824 and it runs okay on medium effects and everything else maxed.

Uhh. Get a better CPU maybe?

Game runs like poo poo, result of poor optimizations and a memory leak that isn't getting fixed anytime soon. Even people on streaming setups with current gen equipment are struggling to maintain proper perfomance.

Case in point: SypherPK was streaming last week and was complaining about the dogshit 30 fps in an open field.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Syrinxx posted:

Do you have an SSD?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

THE BAR posted:

Do you have an SSD?
Yeah the game's installed on an m.2 Samsung 970 PRO, but I guess according to the other post the game is just badly optimized :<

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Witches, vampires, and Nords

Oh my!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF5gTwvLFWk

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So we are getting the archeology system from WoW? I gave up on that due to the grindy/RNG nature and barely touched it the last expansion I played (Legion).

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
That's what it sounds like. I agree that it's an RNG grind, and if it's anything like WoW archaeology I hope there are at least some rewards that'll make it worth it. If nothing else it's something noncommittal to do while I wait for dungeon queues to pop.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Honestly feels like they took a look at Destiny's Exotic system and said "let's carbon copy that into our game."

Can't wait for stamina players to get their hands on the ESO-equivalent of One-Eyed Mask and post montages while crutching on broken items.

Reveal was underwhelming to say the least and the fact that they once again had those same goombas from Quakecon and E3 who cheered for almost every little thing didn't help either. And I'll believe that they're actually trying to improve performance when I see it.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Scyantific posted:

Reveal was underwhelming to say the least and the fact that they once again had those same goombas from Quakecon and E3 who cheered for almost every little thing didn't help either.

Watched the first 20 mins or so, never wanted to strangle a guy more.

Cant wait for the chaos when everyone's downloading the full game at the same time. "We didnt expect this many people, about as many as are playing daily, to be downloading the game today. Sorry about your 5 kb/s!"

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Syrinxx posted:

All you can really do is wait for these plans performance improvements to release and hope they actually help.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56681

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Syrinxx posted:

Yeah the game's installed on an m.2 Samsung 970 PRO, but I guess according to the other post the game is just badly optimized :<

Got the same thing. Yeah, the game is unoptimized as all hell, but you'd be surprised how often people are using old HDDs to play their games, not knowing what they're missing out on.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Another expansion another missed opportunity to add some magic melee skill line. Didn't see much of a hook for this expansion, guess they realize the big money is the people that are into it for the lore these days.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
Just picked up this game a couple days ago, can I get an invite @Emurar?

MagnifiedX
Jan 31, 2003
Atom Splitting Retard
Can I get an invite? @magnifiedx thank you!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Haven't played since launch (was still in Daggerfall Goons until moments ago). Can I please get an invite?

@xalphae

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Does anybody else have a hard time committing to a class in this game? No matter what I've picked so far, I seem to find myself feeling like I made the wrong decision. I guess I should probably get hit 50 with something and start getting some cp but maybe not prioritize grabbing every skyshard right away?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

To be fair, most of the classes are now essentially the same but with different colors.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Scyantific posted:

To be fair, most of the classes are now essentially the same but with different colors.

Yeah I'm probably just overthinking it. Maybe it's actually the similarity that's making it hard to decide since classes don't play dramatically differently like in a lot of other games, idk.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Grabbed this on PC during winter sale. Can I get an invite? @Noodlebaby

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Scyantific posted:

Which is super important in the endgame. Which is fashion.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Now fully committed to this game on xbone, having now paid money for it and owing to a lack of any other options on the platform, and as casual gamer who spent most of wow crafting and fishing I’m digging it.

Gamertag is LavishCookie564 in game name is Miss Knuckles if anyone wants to add me and minicurve

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I’m @PaschalRandolph in game, could I get invited to the main guild? Still starting out w a Breton Templar (so apparently need a new character if I want to pvp with people?- not a huge priority for me rn tbh).

E: also any add on suggestions would be great. Have the minimap and (apparently out of date) inventory grid addons mostly rn.

E2: also a good source for build suggestions. Going magicka Templar rn ans just following a to 15 level guide from Alcasthq, but I have no idea what’s good really.

tildes fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jan 27, 2020

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

If you're Breton you want to keep with magicka templar, since they're very much a magicka race (the current best pve magicka race, at that); later on they make arguably the best healers in the game and quite decent aoe dps. Survivability isn't terrible either thanks to rune of focus, ritual of retribution and occasional puncturing sweep, which makes for a good solo character combined with the aoe damage.

Single target damage isn't ever going to be particularly amazing though - not bad, but not great either.

e: As for gear it doesn't matter hugely until cp160, but Law of Julianos/Burning Spellweave, Mother's Sorrow, False god's devotion, Zaan (not Za'an), Iceheart, Valkyn Skoria, Ilambris and Crushing Wall are some of the sets to look out for on the pve dps side of things once you get there.

Oh and buy some Withmother's brew, it can be used at any level and it's quite cheap and far superior to any food except for a small handful of endgame exceptions. Vivec or Mournhold make for good places to buy things at from player shops.

And don't expect to win much in low-level pvp right now, with the current event it's full of twink alts (including mine for that matter). 4 out of 5 matches are literally just twink characters, often in premade teams (which is a thing that's supposed to go away in the next patch).

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 28, 2020

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Random post to say that the mimic quest in Stonefalls was really spooky. I loved it.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
The base game + Morrowind/Summerset/Elswyr was on sale for $16, so hello.

Choosing a class in any RPG is always agonizing. I like healing myself by damaging enemies, DoTs, and skills that launch me into enemies. I dislike skills which are purely buffs that need to be maintained. Probably going with a Redguard stamina Warden, to see if the nature theme and dual wielding feel good.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Magicka Nightblade might also be worth looking at.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm missing Summerset. Wish I could just get it for $5 instead of bullshit crowns.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

The base game + Morrowind/Summerset/Elswyr was on sale for $16, so hello.

Choosing a class in any RPG is always agonizing. I like healing myself by damaging enemies, DoTs, and skills that launch me into enemies. I dislike skills which are purely buffs that need to be maintained. Probably going with a Redguard stamina Warden, to see if the nature theme and dual wielding feel good.

Ort posted:

Magicka Nightblade might also be worth looking at.
Magicka Nightblade is a shadow of its former self. Their main bread and butter skill got gutted hard because it was pretty much carrying the spec through almost every bit of content, now it's a choice between high damage and mediocre healing or mediocre damage and decent-ish healing on 2 friendlies.

At this point in time every class is basically the same, just with different colors.

Except Necromancer. Because ZOS apparently believes that Necromancer should absolutely dominate the endgame and PvP, just so people will buy the Elsweyr expansion.

GreenNight posted:

I'm missing Summerset. Wish I could just get it for $5 instead of bullshit crowns.

Can also sub for it. Which would give you all of the other DLC as well.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Magblade (and stamblade) is still pretty decent for a glass cannon build though. As one'd expect with a sneaky assasin type, arguably.

I agree the stamina necro is a bit overpowered right now in pvp (and is set to get another minor buff at that), but I don't see what's wrong with nerfing nightblades so they can't just heal through everything while doing great damage. If anything making them weaker introduces more differentiation between the classes since it gives concrete weaknesses to them.

StamDK - tank, MagDK - dot dps and pvp, stamblade/magblade sneaky burst dps, stamplar - somewhat selfhealing while doing single-target damage, some aoe, decent for pvp, magplar - aoe damage or healing, stamden - second best tank and okay pvp, magden - second best healer and meh dps, necro - dps and survivability.

To me that's pretty varied. Sure healers, tanks and melee stamina dps are going to have similar skills regardless of class, but to me that's fine given how the skill system works. YMMV of course.

Plus the overall damage keeps going up to the point where previously important boss mechanics get outright ignored in dungeons, so it's not even the case of just nerfing everything into the ground. And making an alt isn't a massive undertaking since cp is shared and a lot of gear transfers over.

e: Forgot stamsorc - teleporting melee dps, magsorc - pet class and ranged single-target dps.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 31, 2020

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Ossipago posted:

Which is super important in the endgame. Which is fashion.

Selling overpriced fashion to the masses is my endgame.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Private Speech posted:

If you're Breton you want to keep with magicka templar, since they're very much a magicka race (the current best pve magicka race, at that); later on they make arguably the best healers in the game and quite decent aoe dps. Survivability isn't terrible either thanks to rune of focus, ritual of retribution and occasional puncturing sweep, which makes for a good solo character combined with the aoe damage.

Single target damage isn't ever going to be particularly amazing though - not bad, but not great either.

e: As for gear it doesn't matter hugely until cp160, but Law of Julianos/Burning Spellweave, Mother's Sorrow, False god's devotion, Zaan (not Za'an), Iceheart, Valkyn Skoria, Ilambris and Crushing Wall are some of the sets to look out for on the pve dps side of things once you get there.

Oh and buy some Withmother's brew, it can be used at any level and it's quite cheap and far superior to any food except for a small handful of endgame exceptions. Vivec or Mournhold make for good places to buy things at from player shops.

And don't expect to win much in low-level pvp right now, with the current event it's full of twink alts (including mine for that matter). 4 out of 5 matches are literally just twink characters, often in premade teams (which is a thing that's supposed to go away in the next patch).

Thank you for the tips!!

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Picked up the game last month.

Got a few questions.

Is there a way to put the game on my SSD? Only choice I had when installing was my HDD, but I'd like to reduce the ridiculous load times.

Barely touched crafting, just doing the daily writs for free money. (Q: If I take the Hireling skill, is their gathering random? Does it come by mail, or pickup?). Probably will work on it later, if only to make myself +health food.

Been mucking around with addons. Half of them say they're out-of-date, half the remaining ones have dependency issues...I got Minion, but that doesn't seem to help. Would like at least an inventory sorting mod, for shuffling around my 2 dozen armor pieces. And some kind of combat timer. Any recommendations? Have a working minimap, and skyshards/tomes marked.

Tried every class so far. Got a Stam Templar to lvl 50, then the game got...hard? (weird difficulty spike). 80 constellation points, think I'm getting better. How out of date is the FAQ information? Haven't really tried other max-level builds, but had no success levelling as anything Magicka.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cobalt-60 posted:

Got a few questions.

Is there a way to put the game on my SSD? Only choice I had when installing was my HDD, but I'd like to reduce the ridiculous load times.

Barely touched crafting, just doing the daily writs for free money. (Q: If I take the Hireling skill, is their gathering random? Does it come by mail, or pickup?). Probably will work on it later, if only to make myself +health food.

Been mucking around with addons. Half of them say they're out-of-date, half the remaining ones have dependency issues...I got Minion, but that doesn't seem to help. Would like at least an inventory sorting mod, for shuffling around my 2 dozen armor pieces. And some kind of combat timer. Any recommendations? Have a working minimap, and skyshards/tomes marked.

Tried every class so far. Got a Stam Templar to lvl 50, then the game got...hard? (weird difficulty spike). 80 constellation points, think I'm getting better. How out of date is the FAQ information? Haven't really tried other max-level builds, but had no success levelling as anything Magicka.

A) Hireling is based on which profession you take, and the respective level of the first passive in each profession (i.e. if you have Metalworking 10 on Blacksmithing, you will receive Rubedite Ores & other materiel). That same crafting passive also affects what materials are available to you from harvesting; your battle level also affects is, but if you're CP 160 and want to farm Rubedite Ingots/Rubedo Leather/Ruby Ash/Ancestor Silk, it's best to have all of those professions fully leveled.

B)Join the discord in the OP, ping me (@Scy), and I'll send you my addon folder (which is recent as of October 2019). I haven't played in months so I really haven't had a reason to update the OP (although I will probably add a big message to it recommending that people join the discord first).

C)https://alcasthq.com/ - Go here for all your beginner needs. Ignore all of the PvP/Fengrush stuff. Fengrush is a manchild who makes dogshit PvP builds. Ask in Discord for actual PvP advice (best to tag me for this as well).

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Everyone up to this point should be invited.

If you aren't, its because I couldn't find your UID -- this is your @name that you log in with.

Please post that and/or your character name and someone will get you in ASAP.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Cobalt-60 posted:

Got a few questions.

this sounds like some issue on your end cause i have the game on an SSD no problem

are you doing it through steam?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Is there a site with good, trusted builds? I've Googled for things but there are so many conflicting ones and most of them without dates I can't tell what I should use.

Mostly looking for Necromancer pet builds.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Berke Negri posted:

this sounds like some issue on your end cause i have the game on an SSD no problem

are you doing it through steam?

It might be a size issue, the game is pretty big (>100GB) and with how some SSD controllers store small files it can be almost 50% larger.

As for a build site it's AlcastHQ, just google it. UESP and tamriel trade centre are the other good sites worth keeping open. UESP has esosales.uesp.net which may actually be better than TTC but IIRC it's PC only.

e: also keep in mind that necromancer pets are more like slowly homing attacks, go with magicka sorcerer if you want proper pets. Warden also has a pet bear, but it takes up an ult spot.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 1, 2020

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

quote is not edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Private Speech posted:

It might be a size issue, the game is pretty big (>100GB) and with how some SSD controllers store small files it can be almost 50% larger.

SSD controllers don’t know what a file is.