Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

cumshitter posted:

trump did all this to kneecap biden, a historically terrible presidential campaigner who is a loving senile moron and isnt going to win the nomination lol

a single Lyin' Biden during a debate would have imploded bidens entire org, but here we are in a septegenarian coen brothers movie

the President isnt even trying to be a two bit crook, is what gets me, but like what he thinks a two bit crook should be based on a couple of movies from the 70s. its god drat hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

Cumshitter Detective Agency Rides Again

thank you i am very smart

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

MechaX posted:

This Parnas interview only reinforces that Big Boy is an absolute chicken-poo poo at actually firing people in real life

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
who's ready for some quality Opinions in the paper of record

quote:

But then he blows this up into an all-explaining ideology: Capitalism is a system of exploitation in which capitalist power completely dominates worker power. This ideology crashes against the facts.

In the first place, over the past few years wages for workers toward the bottom of the income stream have been rising faster than wages for those toward the top. If the bosses have the workers by the throat, how can this be happening?

Second, wages are still generally determined by skills and productivity. For example, Edward Lazear of Stanford University finds that between 1989 and 2017, productivity in mostly high-skill industries rose by roughly 34 percent and wages in those industries rose by 26 percent. Productivity in industries with mostly less-skilled workers rose by 20 percent while wages grew by 24 percent.

As Michael Strain of the American Enterprise Institute puts it, capitalism is doing what it’s supposed to do. It’s rewarding productivity with pay, and some people and companies are more productive. If you improve worker bargaining power, that may help a bit, but over the long run people can’t earn what they don’t produce.
capitalism is a just system, and the only ones who should fear it are the sinful Unproductives

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Johnny Joestar posted:

lmao i only just now caught up on ppj posting a thread in cspam and then getting loving banned. what a world. good riddance you nazi gently caress

hello one hundred years ago

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

very brave to enter the public spotlight after something like that

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1217938126213206018

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Youth with a Skull posted:

how did they not think this would get out holy poo poo

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Nichael posted:

there's a legitimate and selfish case that doctors can make for medicare for all. she spends most of her time haggling with the loving insurance companies, then barely breaks even. it'd be much simpler for her if she got a paycheck from the government.

Yeah I've been adjacent to medical billing (preauths for imaging, cutting services because the reimbursement for it dropped and now it's not profitable, etc). When I worked at Delaware Imaging Network, the only thing that mattered was that the company got paid. Didn't matter if the test was ordered wrong or completely useless. Just do it, get our money, then the patient can come back later for the right test and we get paid again!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Der Meister posted:

hello one hundred years ago

look i've been busy doing things and i'd just assumed that mods had kept circling the wagons around him and nothing would be done

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i keep thinking about those chinese delegates who probably trained their entire lifetime in civil service to operate perfectly with traditional american political decorum but then trump came along and lmao :rip:

and same for pretty much any other foreign entourage

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Apraxin posted:

capitalism is a just system, and the only ones who should fear it are the sinful Unproductives
:hmmyes: 'wages in industries' is def the best way to represent working class wages imho

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Apraxin posted:

David Brooks making a compelling case at the end to be paid in pieces of poo poo

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

new gangtag

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Apraxin posted:

someone photoshop it to say "there is no war but class war"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
ask not what your country can do for you, but give me your money

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Apraxin posted:

"a just system" yeah, right. a just a stupid system, haha, wait-

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Apraxin posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/guardianeco/status/1217878319443533825
unorthodox, but its always nice to see the president working hard

pretty sure trump cant swim

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

republicanishly “it’s called a fee not a tax lib”

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Troob Trolob

twoday
May 4, 2005

cumshitter posted:

ask not what your country can do for you, but give me your money

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

lmfaoooo

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lol delaware

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Not to defend the Pentagon or anything but I think there's a grey area between injured and "a casualty".

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

OK finally some good LMAOS today

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/chiweethedog/status/1217674482237595649?s=20

Strappleberry
Dec 9, 2003

Turmpmp

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Bulgakov posted:

official photos from the whitehouse flicker account :peanut:

hold up I know some chinese he's saying 'What the gently caress is this poo poo'

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

haha yeah, that's right

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Gripweed posted:

It's crazy that gun girl is still trying to do the same schtick. You'd think by now she would've pivoted to running for state government, or writing a book, or any of the other well trod right wing grift schemes. But instead she just keeps video taping herself getting owned.

someone needs to fill the vacuum left by Baked Alaska

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

The Ape of Naples posted:

Not to defend the Pentagon or anything but I think there's a grey area between injured and "a casualty".

In after-action reports casualties were always injuries or death. It's weird if there were injuries and there were no reported casualties, but I could see the president not knowing that and telling the Pentagon to report no casualties.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
hey who was it that was buying all those black and white minimalist penis drawing avs for trump thread posters a year or two ago

e: like mine here

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/Oregonian/status/1217919254634225664?s=20

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Durf posted:

hold up I know some chinese he's saying 'What the gently caress is this poo poo'

they all mainly cleaned their plates vs the americans who failed to finish their salads :sad:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Donald trump is so hosed up and stupid he’s practically got brain damage, same as his fans. Cows

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

counting casualities, so far so good!